Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TJG81296
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
    Monster-Bash-18 (resized).jpg
    Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpg
    Monster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
    B41BEC40-A794-4892-A450-8DB6E880E978 (resized).jpeg
    MB-CE.jpg
    Monster-Bash-Backglass-Large (resized).jpg
    Color-02_(original)-01 (resized).jpg
    Color-03a-09 (resized).jpg
    Color-01a-08 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7846 (resized).JPG
    Monster-Bash-16 (resized).jpg
    Monster-Bash-15 (resized).jpg
    Monster-Bash-14 (resized).jpg
    at_2_24F596FA-8975-4E9C-87D1-E490904419EB-1200px (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I recently made a tribute illustration to classic pinball art I love. This is our first alternative backglass design. Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin translite). We used double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop. Measures 27"x 18 7/8". Looks beautiful when backlit!

It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist - limited to only 125 ever!

Aaron Mabou will be at the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend with the artwork set up in a lightbox, so please stop by and check it out. He'll have a couple dozen on hand. If you'd like to grab one, please visit my website: http://bit.ly/tribute-backglass-01
    Thanks for all the positive support on this so far!

at_2_24F596FA-8975-4E9C-87D1-E490904419EB-1200px (resized).JPGat_2_24F596FA-8975-4E9C-87D1-E490904419EB-1200px (resized).JPG
    Monster-Bash-14 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-14 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-15 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-15 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-16 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-16 (resized).jpgIMG_7846 (resized).JPGIMG_7846 (resized).JPGColor-01a-08 (resized).jpgColor-01a-08 (resized).jpgColor-03a-09 (resized).jpgColor-03a-09 (resized).jpgColor-02_(original)-01 (resized).jpgColor-02_(original)-01 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-Backglass-Large (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-Backglass-Large (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

It will fit in any wpc and wpc 95 sized pins.

#4 5 years ago

Cool very nice work.

#5 5 years ago

I will try to link a video that I took last night showing the glass backlit in a display box that I made that will also be available to view at TPF...the colors and details just explode off of it. Brian really knocked this thing out of the park! I'm getting a lot of pm's pretty quick, so if you want one, just let me know if you are coming to TPF or if you will need shipping. To pack and ship these anywhere in the continental US is 35.00 flat rate. All glasses will come in a nice foam padded pocket via pickup or shipping. Of course shipping will be boxed as well. Thanks all and hope to see you all this weekend!

Aaron

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I will try to link a video that I took last night showing the glass backlit in a display box that I made that will also be available to view at TPF...the colors and details just explode off of it. Brian really knocked this thing out of the park! I'm getting a lot of pm's pretty quick, so if you want one, just let me know if you are coming to TPF or if you will need shipping. To pack and ship these anywhere in the continental US is 35.00 flat rate. All glasses will come in a nice foam padded pocket via pickup or shipping. Of course shipping will be boxed as well. Thanks all and hope to see you all this weekend!
    Aaron

I also forgot to mention to look at the bottom of the image in the crowd to see some of the "famous" characters from iconic horror flicks of the past that Brian has given a shout out to.....

#7 5 years ago

Love it - order placed!!

#8 5 years ago

WOW!!!!! Just .... WOW!!!!!! I can't make up my mind which I like more ... Alien or this!!!! I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us !!!! I'll certainly be ordering something from you shortly!!! Outstanding work!!!! You artist types make me sick with envy as I have problems drawing stick figures !

#9 5 years ago

Yea...I'm really glad I reached out to Brian to work with us. When I saw his style art and what he did with Alien, I knew he could be an asset to our crazy hobby!

#11 5 years ago

Photoshop of it lit up for the un-imaginative

MB-CE.jpgMB-CE.jpg
    #12 5 years ago

Also, order placed for my OG MB... my original translite has seen better days and this looks REAL purty. Great stuff!

#13 5 years ago

Looks great. Any chance you can one day do a creative rendition for BSD?

I don’t even own an MB and considering grabbing one for the game room. Love me some original art.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I also forgot to mention to look at the bottom of the image in the crowd to see some of the "famous" characters from iconic horror flicks of the past that Brian has given a shout out to.....

Oh man... Chuckie, Freddy, Regan, Leatherface, Jason, M. Meyers... so sick!

#15 5 years ago

This is crazy awesome!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Looks great. Any chance you can one day do a creative rendition for BSD?
    I don’t even own an MB and considering grabbing one for the game room. Love me some original art.

Like to see BSD as well!

#17 5 years ago

Thanks for all the positive support everyone! I realized that I didn't have international shipping set up - I just added that to the shop. Sorry, it's so expensive to ship these internationally - they have to be shipped flat since they are solid and can't be rolled.

#18 5 years ago

That looks awesome. Love how the only person looking backwards in the crowd is Regen. Perfect.

AP should be banging this guy's door down.

#19 5 years ago

Well this is amazing. Nice work!

AFM next?

#20 5 years ago

Looks fantastic! Would love to see Funhouse get a alternate art for backglass

2 weeks later
    #21 4 years ago

Thanks for your patience everyone - these are now officially licensed from Williams! So each backglass will have an official Williams hologram sticker on the back.
    We shipped out a bunch yesterday, and more will be going out each day. Sorry for the delay!
    We have about half of them left if you're interested you can grab one here: http://bit.ly/tribute-backglass-01

#22 4 years ago

Kingpin22 I would love to do Funhouse - I'll add that to the list for consideration.
    aingide Thanks! I would absolutely love to do a take on AFM - I used to collect the Topps Mars Attacks cards as a kid.
    benheck Much appreciated! I almost didn't have time to add the modern movie monsters in the crowd, but I'm glad I did. Thanks for noticing!
    mollyspub BSM seems to be a really strong request from many, definitely considering that.

#23 4 years ago

GorillaBiscuits Thanks so much, if you ordered one, we started shipping yesterday! You'll get a tracking number as they go out.
    davebart5 Thanks!!! Yes, I think we'll look into doing BSD someday.

#25 4 years ago

Looks pretty cool!

B41BEC40-A794-4892-A450-8DB6E880E978 (resized).jpegB41BEC40-A794-4892-A450-8DB6E880E978 (resized).jpeg
    #26 4 years ago

Just installed mine, it looks awesome! Nice job!

#27 4 years ago

Hey guys and gals!...as Brian said in the earlier posts, thanks so much for all of your patience and outstanding early support! We have glasses starting to move out now I will have another batch going to the shipper Monday morning and more coming from production some time next week, so hang in there. The pics posted look outstanding! Brian and I have both been asked recently what titles will we be looking strongly at as candidates to be the next up take on, but we will concentrate first and foremost on fulfilling the orders that have been made thus far. I will likely start a thread once we get caught up that everyone can chime in on what their "wishlist" would look like. We want this side venture to be something that really adds that much needed cosmetic punch to games that have gotten overlooked in the past or need to be freshened up a bit. Again...we are really stoked to see the early support from everyone

Thanks again!

Aaron

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Looks pretty cool![quoted image]

Quoted from mwiltoncos:

Just installed mine, it looks awesome! Nice job!

Look outstanding!

1 week later
    #29 4 years ago

Looks stellar Brian! If anyone is looking for a solution to frame this beautiful piece of art in a premium LED backlit frame, shoot me a note.

#30 4 years ago

No C&D from Rick yet?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

No C&D from Rick yet?

meSz This is officially licensed from Williams through Planetary Pinball!

#32 4 years ago

midcoastsurf I will definitely reach out next time - I built my own lightboxes for this and my Alien backglass, but failed miserably lol.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from brian-allen:

mesz This is officially licensed from Williams through Planetary Pinball!

Good to see as was concerned this would be another project abruptly ended. My bad for assuming that once I didn't see the Monster Bash name on the BG it was an attempt to avoid the licensing (apologies).

5 months later
    #34 4 years ago

THANK YOU for all the massive support on this Monster Bash alternative backglass I made earlier this year. I'm so flattered at how well it was received.
    I'm down to the last couple - I think there are only 5 or so left. (limited to only 125 ever)
    I'll be bringing a few to Pinball Expo in Chicago next week.
    I'd love to see the rest of these go - please message me if you're interested, or check them out here: http://bit.ly/flyland-pinball
    •1/8" Acrylic Backglass
    •Sized to fit in machine or lightbox
    •Numbered, signed COA included

Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-17 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-18 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-18 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-19 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-19 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-3 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #35 4 years ago

This dude needs to be hired to do a full art package on a pinball machine!

4 weeks later
    #36 4 years ago

If there is any of these unsold in the garage, please PM me cheers!

3 months later
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from visualmagic:

If there is any of these unsold in the garage, please PM me cheers!

I second this would love to get my hands on one.

7 months later
    #38 3 years ago

Anyone selling one?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-alternative-backglass-artwork-from-brian-allen-debut-at-tpf-2019?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.