(Topic ID: 233808)

New album by The WHO 2019 - is it time for Pin?

By vid1900

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Billy16
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic poll

“Should Stern do a The WHO pin for 2019? ”

• Hell yes, I wore the old Bally one down to bare wood. 8 votes
    20%
  • Hell no, why isn't Pete Townshend in jail? 22 votes
    55%
  • Why would the World Health Organization get a pin? 10 votes
    25%

(40 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

588198-killing-floor (resized).png
R-7522636-1443227948-3895.jpeg (resized).jpg
0ad09b0da42e4d4d38c257592e52ecafb92f4bca (resized).jpg
Wizard-Bally-1975-1038x1845 (resized).png
wizard3 (resized).jpg
pete-townshend (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Lennon readily admitted in interviews that when he was younger, he hit women. He said that when he couldn’t find the words, he’d hit. In “Good Morning, Good Morning”, the lyric was almost “Time for tea and beat the wife” instead of “meet the wife”. He also wanted to say “Baby, you’re a rich, fag Jew” instead of “Rich man too” (as a statement about their manager, Brian Epstein). He could definitely not be a nice guy at times. A lot of people near him admitted that.

He did a lot more than that. He used to make fun of mentally handicap people right on stage. McCartney said it was because he didn't know how to deal with his fame, but even when he was young, he would make fun of war veterans who were disfigured or people who had handicaps. I always am amazed at how people associate his name or face with "global peace". His own son (Sean) said that he learned over the years his dad didn't have too many friends outside of McCartney.

Still, he was a saint compared to others like Miles Davis. And he did seem to be start to realize the error of his ways towards the end of his. He didn't deserve to go out like that.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The songs they stole had to be so deeply transmogrified, they no longer were good songs ("I'm Gonna Crawl")
A bunch of sappy, synth heavy tracks, easily Zeps worst album, Hot Dog, All My Love, Carouselambra, and the supersucky Salsa-dip "Fool In The Rain"
.....and again, all they had to do was cover some good blues songs, giving the authors proper credit. They could have gone out with a bang instead of swirling around the bowl.

You can say what you want about Hot Dog and Fool in the Rain, but All My Love is a great song. Guess it's not hard enough for you, maybe Plant should have tried to metal up a song about his young son's death instead for you?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can't shame guilt me into liking a synth filled song that drags like an old dog's ass.
If you like it, good for you.

Just having some fun.

It has an absolute beautiful solo and while I know Page didn't like it, Plant and JPJ did. Still gets played on the radio.

Hey, at least my top 4 Zep songs are safe from being ripped off right?

Achilles Last Stand
In the Evening
The Rover
The Immigrant Song

My other favorite is ripped off...Trampled Under Foot.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I prefer Achillies Last Stand over Stairway to Heaven but I'm probably in the minority on that. Always liked that song.

It's a great tune. I actually like Zep's later output better than the early material.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I feel like I just discovered Santa wasn’t real ... always enjoyed Zeppelin but never knew about the history of them using others work.

Which is ironic when everybody stated that other bands ripped off Zep like Whitesnake, Kingdom Come, KISS and now Gretta Van Fleet.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Speaking of Rainbow, the riff sounds like "All Night Long" by Rainbow. Ritchie Blackmore should sue Whitesnake-- haha.

I don't hear it, it's probably in the same key and shares a chord of two. Most songs use the same chord progression over and over.

Love Blackmore and all...and Rainbow and Thin Lizzy were contemporaries.

#74 5 years ago

Vid

Some say Gretta is the savior of Rock and Roll, they must be a real band after all.

https://www.apnews.com/1c25ef288a4e4bf59cdbf4ad56724345

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably true.
Especially on shows that normally don't have live musical entertainment.
But no excuses for SNL, they have a 40 year history of bands actually performing live. The show's audio producers do a great job with the mix.
Here is KISS from the Mike Duglas show in 1974, playing live, like real rock bands used to do:

That was off the Hotter than Hell album when no one else from the band wanted to go do the interview, so Gene got stuck with it. This and their Halloween special were classic KISS.

Vid, looks like you were right on that Michael Jackson thing....with that new documentary that is being show, there is some pretty damning evidence.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-album-by-the-who-2019-is-it-time-for-pin?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.