image-303.jpg
image-264.jpg
image-79.jpg
image-266.jpg
image-434.jpg
image-349.jpg
image-821.jpg
image-399.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

The four lights: move each time the 2 dead bumpers on top are hit. The "fifth" location lights the orange 5000 point lights up there (the goal!)

Triple bonus lights on ball 5

#102 9 years ago

Thanks Frank!

Currently those dead bumpers score but they do not advance the light. The one on the right has a flakey lamp socket that I need to fix, that's why it's off in some of the pics.

I'll have to find the schematics and see if I can track it down.

Will triple bonus light if you are set to 3 ball?

#103 9 years ago

When your dead bumper scores, it should be advancing a relay. I'll look under my playfield this evening and give you an idea where to look for it. Nudging to get the 5000 point lit is a big part of the game, as points don't come easy or without risk on this game.

In 3 ball mode, triple bonus lights on Ball 3. Again, I'll check tonight, but I believe there is a wiper on the ball in play mech that should activate triple bonus. Again, the difference between 3000, 9000, or 15,000 points is huge in this game. If you are only getting single value, you're not getting the full adrenaline rush when you are about to lose or losing the last ball.

#104 9 years ago

Thanks Frank, that would be great as a lot of my relay labels are gone. This is one abused Swinger.

EDIT: After thinking about it, The ball in play unit may be stuck as it's perpetually on ball 2. This may resolve the triple bonus issue once I fix it, but I could use some help locating the dead bumper relay.

#105 9 years ago

i got a chance to look at the ball unit stepper, it appears intact and all the springs and parts appear to be there but it's just "gummy". Tonite I'm going to clean it up with some alcohol and apply some lube gel and I think it will fix it.

I didn't have time to get under the playfield, but I didn't see the relay for the dead bumpers in the backbox, so it must be under there. I hope to get some time tonite to look at it.

The kids like it this way because they can play forever and watch the score flip lol. Not much fun for me, but works well for testing.

For those of you who own this game, how do you have the settings? I was thinking once i get it working I may set it to 3 ball with extra ball enabled.

#106 9 years ago

Sorry - worked late last night. I'll get downstairs tonight.

Lube at your own risk. There are differing opinions, but I've been in the hobby since 1982 and I only reluctantly lube a couple steppers on my ball bowler - because they are huge. Lube attracts dirt and dust - which causes more problems.

I'm an old fart (57) and keep my EM's at 5 balls - because that's what they were when I was young and playing them. I'm also partial to add-a-balls.

#107 9 years ago

It seems as though that's why they are gummy now, the grease in there has hardened. I know your not supposed to lube most parts of a pin but I thought the steppers were the one place that a small amount of lube gel was recommended (Clay's Guides). The gear itself seems to turn fine, it's the linkages and arms that appear to be causing the issue. I'll do a little more research before I use any.

So far the ball times are pretty short on this game so 5 ball might not be too much. My Spanish Eyes is still on 5 ball. The nice thing about owning a pin is if you don't like it, you can always change it

#108 9 years ago

My Spanish Eyes is on 5 balls - and yes, game times can be long. Mine had a complete tear down/rebuild so it is dialed in and lightning fast.

Ball/game time on Swinger will be quicker because of the wide outlanes.

#109 9 years ago

I loose more to the ball saver retracting at the last second lol.

#110 9 years ago

Whenever a 10 point switch is hit the light should switch, not just the 2 dead bumpers. The stepper is in the back - right between player one and player two score reels. It's pretty big - you can't miss it. It should advance every time a 10 pt switch is hit. Once you get the machine working properly, it also controls your "match" at the end of the game.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Whenever a 10 point switch is hit the light should switch, not just the 2 dead bumpers. The stepper is in the back - right between player one and player two score reels. It's pretty big - you can't miss it. It should advance every time a 10 pt switch is hit. Once you get the machine working properly, it also controls your "match" at the end of the game.

The match unit is there, haven't paid much attention to it since match is disabled. As I said, I don't have the schematics but I'll take a look when I get home. Thanks Frank.

#112 9 years ago

It's activated by one of the sets of points on the 10 point relay, also in the back. In my experience, if your ball in play unit is gunked up, there's a good chance this one is too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-addition-to-my-addiction/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.