Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by McCune
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2_Small_Bungees_-_Removal_Unnecessary_.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    image-12.jpg
    218551_4742324044511_750014510_o.jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

Welcome to the club Brian!

#52 11 years ago

I am going to buy a spare playfield. My ltbr has an ok window but I would like the option later on to swap it out for a clear one.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'm using the word Masterpiece.

Hey, that's my word! I'll let you use it though

And yes, ACDC is quickly creeping the #1 ladder in my book.

#56 11 years ago

Everyone that plays at my house says its the best one I've owned. They are not pinheads but they have played most of my many pins.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I am going to buy a spare playfield. My ltbr has an ok window but I would like the option later on to swap it out for a clear one.

How do we buy that? This game is epic. I have to have a backup plan for later.

#58 11 years ago

Growing one me - maybe, just maybe

Do want a decent cannon mod and something to hide the wires near right slings.......

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Growing one me - maybe, just maybe
    Do want a decent cannon mod and something to hide the wires near right slings.......

If someone can make the cannon look like a cannon, I will be buying that mod.
    The rest of the game is awesome. Not sure why they cheaped out on this part.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

If someone can make the cannon look like a cannon, I will be buying that mod. The rest of the game is awesome. Not sure why they cheaped out on this part.

Only cannon mod I want is an invisible one. So, I know when to smack the game.

#61 11 years ago

OK...so is there a build date we should be looking for to know if the clearer plastic its in it? I am buying one soon but it is in the box. How can I tellwhich one is in it?

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I was talking to a fellow pinhead last night, and I told him that I have confirmed that AC/DC is now my favorite pin bar none. BAR NONE!

Yeah, and now I get why people are doing the X-Men/ACDC comparison. While X-Men's modes focus you on a few shots at any given time, ACDC has every single shot and feature always open and counting toward something...so - you could just not give a crap about the rules, flap away, and something fun will happen. I think X-Men will feel more like that after the update with (hopefully) stacking and combo rules.

#63 11 years ago

you have gone to the side with cookies. ..... i knew it

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, and now I get why people are doing the X-Men/ACDC comparison. While X-Men's modes focus you on a few shots at any given time, ACDC has every single shot and feature always open and counting toward something...so - you could just not give a crap about the rules, flap away, and something fun will happen. I think X-Men will feel more like that after the update with (hopefully) stacking and combo rules.

I think there is a little more strategy then just flailing away at the game.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Just a tad.

#66 11 years ago

He was referring to new players, they can just flap away and score decent and have fun. There is also plenty of strategy for us pinheads.

Nothing turns new or casual pin players off more than saying, "shoot this, then that, and then hurry and do that." They are more concentrated on keeping the ball in play than anything, it's fun for them to have a game where they can shoot and hear the crowd worked up.

Quoted from smassa:

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

He was referring to new players, they can just flap away and score decent and have fun. There is also plenty of strategy for us pinheads.
    Nothing turns new or casual pin players off more than saying, "shoot this, then that, and then hurry and do that." They are more concentrated on keeping the ball in play than anything, it's fun for them to have a game where they can shoot and hear the crowd worked up.

Sure but each song has a qualifying shot before the others are lit up. I understand what he meant but it wasn't exactly true. You could be in war machine and keep hammering away at the ramps and not score jack for doing so.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

The rest of the game is awesome. Not sure why they cheaped out on this part.

Agreed. The other item they "cheaped out on" are the backbox speakers. You'd think they could spend an extra $10-20 on nice coax speakers.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I'm doing the same thing. Only bad thing is it won't be signed by SR

#70 11 years ago

Does anyone think that buffing out the window with a polisher would make it any clearer? Or is it worth the risk?

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Does anyone think that buffing out the window with a polisher would make it any clearer? Or is it worth the risk?

Pointless because the window is cleared. You need to buff the lexan window under the clear.
    The whole issue was the improper prep.

For the anals that are anal it seems to be an issue. My BIBLE is fine as far as I'm concerned. Only thing I think is the window should have been designed to be removed and replaced down the line in years to come. What about edge chipping in the clear or heat changes and or glue setting with the chance of that large insert rising a bit ?!?!?!

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Is it hard to get to the lower PF? How do you do that? (I haven't looked yet)

Here's a way to simplify lower PF access: makeshift hinges via small Bungees.

Makes it a one-man job vs. having someone hold it while you work--or having to remove it.

Just watch the Devil horns going back in (seems they could be easily snapped).

2_Small_Bungees_-_Removal_Unnecessary_.jpg2_Small_Bungees_-_Removal_Unnecessary_.jpg

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

The whole issue was the improper prep.

I wont post the thread where i went on a rant about this You where right there saying the same thing though.....some people dont listen or think others dont do shit like this in other hobbies

Somdays i am glad to pick up my sata 90 other days i wanna bash people in the face with it.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Exactly....and that every shot is pretty much always on to do something. So, even if you don't really know what you're doing, there's fun feedback and stuff that happens from every shot at all times.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

ACDC has every single shot and feature always open and counting toward something...so - you could just not give a crap about the rules, flap away, and something fun will happen.

Do that and something will happen although not very fun - the ball will drain, drain, and drain.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Do that and something will happen although not very fun - the ball will drain, drain, and drain.

I'm trying to complement the game, you maniacs!

YES, the rules are awesome, with depth and nuance.

I'm just sayin' - a non-pin person can come over, rock out, hit a bell, see cool lights change colors, fire a cannon, flip a ball in hell, etc etc etc.

#77 11 years ago

Don't fret, Greg. I understand the point you were making, and that's all that matters ...

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly....and that every shot is pretty much always on to do something. So, even if you don't really know what you're doing, there's fun feedback and stuff that happens from every shot at all times.

Guess we just disagree here. Flail around on ACDC is going to lead to some serious drains off the thunderstruck targets or drops. Still dont understand where you get this "every shot is lit theory" You need to put your initial shot in the spot to light the rest of the shots.

I'll give you a pass since your still kinda new to ACDC.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm trying to complement the game, you maniacs!
    YES, the rules are awesome, with depth and nuance.
    I'm just sayin' - a non-pin person can come over, rock out, hit a bell, see cool lights change colors, fire a cannon, flip a ball in hell, etc etc etc.

This pin is great fun yes. but it will have even better players cursing at themselves & the game more often times then not. Not saying its not a game for newbies but I can see people getting very frustrated with it cause most newbies cant come close to trying to hit what they are aiming for & missed shots on ACDC are almost as punishing as on IM.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

This pin is great fun yes. but it will have even better players cursing at themselves & the game more often times then not. Not saying its not a game for newbies but I can see people getting very frustrated with it cause most newbies cant come close to trying to hit what they are aiming for & missed shots on ACDC are almost as punishing as on IM.

It may very well not be for newbies.

My (non pinhead) friend can't stand AC/DC. He wanted to like it, because he likes the band. But after playing for awhile, he said "this is ridiculous, they designed this machine wrong! Does the person who designed this even know what he was doing? This should be the next one you sell for sure!" Of course he looked at me like I was joking when I told him it was probably my favorite pin ever and that it wasn't going anywhere.

#81 11 years ago

Certain shots on the pin haver a high risk for drains (targets and bell) while others are fairly easy to hit (ramps and outlanes) consistently keeping the flow aspect to it. I see what Rarehero was getting at and I think it is a pin that non 'pinhead' players could quickly be drawn to. Great light show pretty easy to fire the cannon a bit ramps are very manageable with music and crowd cheering.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Guess we just disagree here. Flail around on ACDC is going to lead to some serious drains off the thunderstruck targets or drops. Still dont understand where you get this "every shot is lit theory" You need to put your initial shot in the spot to light the rest of the shots.
    I'll give you a pass since your still kinda new to ACDC.

OK, let me try this one more time.

Can we agree on this - Every shot in AC/DC relates to one of the songs on the jukebox, right? So - if someone doesn't entirely understand the nuance of the game...at any given point, there's something to hit that matters and does something. You can hit the bell to light "Hells Bells"...sometimes hitting the bell gets you a note...sometimes it gets you Angus Horns. The drops always do something. The ramps always do something. The targets always do something. The cannon is often available. Playing in Hell is relatively available. The point is, the playfield is mostly fully ACTIVE.

Now - on X-Men...you're often starting modes that isolate you to a shot or two. If you start Beast, for instance, there are 20 seconds where the ONLY thing that does anything is shooting Beast (or locking balls in Magneto). Then lets say you start Shadow King....the ONLY thing to shoot for is Xavier, which then lights a Hero to save....then you have to hit Xavier again.

X-Men can be VERY specific, and if you don't play it specific, there's a lot of playfield stuff at any given time that won't do anything. On the otherhand, AC/DC really doesn't have a moment where you HAVE to shoot 1 or 2 specific shots...all the various things are generally open and do SOMETHING most of the time. You can play it specifically OR just go with the flow and jam on it anyway you want. You can shoot the bell all day long if you feel like it. There's never a moment where the bell is turned off.

If this doesn't make sense then I give up trying to communicate with you and Mark...lol

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I see what Rarehero was getting at and I think it is a pin that non 'pinhead' players could quickly be drawn to.

Yeah, all I'm saying is that all the features are always on and do something always.

#84 11 years ago

I have really started to appreciate the non linear rules of ACDC.

XM needs to be more non linear so that there are many different ways to get to wizard modes.

#85 11 years ago

I thought I could flail around on acdc when I first got it. Now that I have had it for a bit, I know that isn't a good idea.

Controlling the ball leads to some very satisfying games.

#86 11 years ago

For the dense people here, what the hell do the devil horns do???

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

For the dense people here, what the hell do the devil horns do???

They lite Tour Multiball when you shoot enough of them.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

So you're saying hitting the bell (when the horns are lit) adds towards the progression of Tour Multiball?

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from knapejor:

So you're saying hitting the bell (when the horns are lit) adds towards the progression of Tour Multiball?

Nope. Just the orbits. The horns relight the hell PF when you are in a hell song. I don't know what they do outside of that.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Nope. Just the orbits. The horns relight the hell PF when you are in a hell song. I don't know what they do outside of that.

Sorry both of these are wrong. Orbits only count down towards tour MB. Devil horns don't relight mini PF. You must shoot all the flashing shots in H2H or He'll ain't a bad place to be after playing it the 1st time. Hells bells is obviously the scoop behind the bell.

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, let me try this one more time.
    Can we agree on this - Every shot in AC/DC relates to one of the songs on the jukebox, right? So - if someone doesn't entirely understand the nuance of the game...at any given point, there's something to hit that matters and does something. You can hit the bell to light "Hells Bells"...sometimes hitting the bell gets you a note...sometimes it gets you Angus Horns. The drops always do something. The ramps always do something. The targets always do something. The cannon is often available. Playing in Hell is relatively available. The point is, the playfield is mostly fully ACTIVE.
    Now - on X-Men...you're often starting modes that isolate you to a shot or two. If you start Beast, for instance, there are 20 seconds where the ONLY thing that does anything is shooting Beast (or locking balls in Magneto). Then lets say you start Shadow King....the ONLY thing to shoot for is Xavier, which then lights a Hero to save....then you have to hit Xavier again.
    X-Men can be VERY specific, and if you don't play it specific, there's a lot of playfield stuff at any given time that won't do anything. On the otherhand, AC/DC really doesn't have a moment where you HAVE to shoot 1 or 2 specific shots...all the various things are generally open and do SOMETHING most of the time. You can play it specifically OR just go with the flow and jam on it anyway you want. You can shoot the bell all day long if you feel like it. There's never a moment where the bell is turned off.
    If this doesn't make sense then I give up trying to communicate with you and Mark...lol

Yeah, all I'm saying is that all the features are always on and do something always.

So you're saying that cause they shoot the left ramp during war machine and lights Rock n Roll Train in the juke they are gonna be all jazzed about that? Ummm if you say so. I kinda see what you are trying to say but I have a feeling newbs will enjoy Xmen more cause it isn't nearly as punishing for people that just flail away. ACDC on the other hand will punish shots from the wrong flipper to the stand ups or drops. Especially on factory post settings.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Sorry both of these are wrong. Orbits only count down towards tour MB. Devil horns don't relight mini PF. You must shoot all the flashing shots in H2H or He'll ain't a bad place to be after playing it the 1st time. Hells bells is obviously the scoop behind the bell.

Then the instruction card is a liar.

http://acdcpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/acdc_pinball_rules.jpg

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Thought so too, thanks

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I dont know either. They do seem tohelp to add a ball during mb. I imagine when someone accurately explains the whole game then Lyman, Ritchie and Angus will magically appear dressed like Willy Wonka and UmpaLumpas and say 'Youve done it my child, youve won the key to the whole kingdom'. Or something like that

#95 11 years ago

As of right now it may be. Just know that's not exactly how it works at the current code. But hey it's not like the cards are always up to date with the code.

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I'll be making one.. I'll keep everyone posted.

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'll be making one.. I'll keep everyone posted.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

#98 11 years ago

XM needs to be more non linear so that there are many different ways to get to wizard modes.

I've been saying that for almost 2 months now.

#99 11 years ago

I prefer the linear style rules myself and there is no way X-Men will every be a non-linear type game like AC/DC. It was designed to be linear much like SM. I definitely see the appeal of having a non linear pin I guess I am just a bit old fashioned and prefer to easily be able to identify how I should progress towards a wizard mode. Thankfully they produce enough pins for us to find the right fit for us.

Sorry to go off topic. I am glad Stern seems to of figured out to make the insert much more clear for future runs.

#100 11 years ago

I agree w this. My biggest complaint about xmen is since it forces you to complete every mode, the game feels repetitive. ACDC is so awesome that each game is different from the last.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-windows/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.