Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bub2010
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF5218.JPG
DSCF5128.JPG
DSCF5214.JPG
DSCF5129.JPG
DSCF5215.JPG
DSCF5127.JPG
DSCF5213.JPG
DSCF5125.JPG
photo(9).JPG
photo(10).JPG

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I received bell mod from HemiOrange09. Easy to install with good directions. So far I like it alot and would say its a must have. Ball easily swings and hits the bell target.

I also removed the spring infront of the bell.

Heres a video using Ipad3

Thanks Hemi , Good work.

photo(10).JPG photo(9).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Hey David,

Thanks for the positive feedback ..... I am glad you enjoy my bell mod.

I will try to post another better video on YouTube of the game play. If anyone wants one I am still offering them for only $30.00 shipped in the US.

Just send me a PM through Pinside.

Thanks,
Steve

#3 7 years ago

Here is another video of my bell mod on my pro with game play. Hopefully the video turned out a little better. I also installed a EL wire mod to the machine ..... I know, I know.... coping Tron, but I don't have a Tron LE.

#4 7 years ago

Very cool, I like the EL wire

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Here is another video of my bell mod on my pro with game play. Hopefully the video turned out a little better. I also installed a EL wire mod to the machine ..... I know, I know.... coping Tron, but I don't have a TRON LE.
» YouTube video

Actually, it really works. Has a rock concert kind of look.

I think ACDC could also benefit from a disco ball somewhere. Or maybe disco bell!

#6 7 years ago

EL wire! Looks sweet. Was it hard to install? How much?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

EL wire! Looks sweet. Was it hard to install? How much?

So you like my EL wire mod..... I think it looks SWEET.... It goes to the sound of the machine. It was not too hard to install (an hour or so), in fact I did not even remove the ramps. I did have to tweak the right ramp exit because the canon was hitting the EL wire. Other then that it wasn't too bad. I secured the EL wire with clear packing tape strips so if I want to remove them, it's no big deal. You can see them when the GI lights are on and they are not super bright during game play which I like so they are not distacting you. When the GI lights are off, it lights up the ramps perfect. If I remember right it cost me around $120.00.

Thanks Steve

#8 7 years ago

Did you use sound actuator(s) ?? How did you hook them up to dim/brighten with the music??

#9 7 years ago

Yes.... the EL wire is controlled by a sound activated inverter....

#10 7 years ago

I have sold a few more bell mods..... I just wanted to bump this thread

PM me if you would like one.

Thanks Steve

#11 7 years ago

Nice mods HemiOrange09. Where'd you get the sound activated inverter?

#12 7 years ago

The EL wire and sound activated inverter, I found it on this website.....

thatscoolwire.com

I called and talked to one of their sales employees and they were very helpful. Their website is very easy to navigate and they were quick to get my order sent out. Checkout there video library on the left lower bottom of the main page to see there products being displayed in the videos..

Steve

#13 7 years ago

I installed my bell mod a couple days ago and LOVE it. It has greatly reduced the number of SDTM's off the bell shot. Makes an already great game even better because not only does it look good, but it fixes what I very strongly feel is a design flaw on the pro's. Nice job Hemi.

#14 7 years ago

Just another plug for Hemi's bell mod. Got mine installed today and couldn't be happier with it. I'm not a huge mod guy, but this is essential for this machine IMHO.

#15 7 years ago

Where can you get the Train Mod with the Headlight from?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Where can you get the Train Mod with the Headlight from?

It's a VERY long story.... but sorry, they can not be purchased even from Gary Stern himself..... But I did hear a company is planning on making their verision of a train mod for the Pro's soon

I am still selling bell mods for only $30.00 including shipping and paypal is preferred, but not required. I will ship it out the same day before noon (on my way to work) or the next morning.

or you can pay $35.00 for them on eBay...... I have them listed there also

Steve

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Just another plug for Hemi's bell mod. Got mine installed today and couldn't be happier with it. I'm not a huge mod guy, but this is essential for this machine IMHO.

+ 1

#18 7 years ago

AC/DC pro must have mod. I just got this mod installed. It is a very nice add to the Pro.
Thanks for doing this mod.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

AC/DC pro must have mod. I just got this mod installed. It is a very nice add to the Pro.
Thanks for doing this mod.

are you liking the machine?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

are you liking the machine?

Yes we are having fun with it. I put a 70w plat amp in it and 8” sub. I put pyle blues in the backbox but I don’t like them I need to find something else. My boys 8,10 really like it.
It is very fast I shoot the ball hard so I need to get my shots down to slow the drains down.

1 week later
#22 7 years ago

Hey Hemi,
Just found this thread! Wish I would have seen BEFORE I got one off of fleabay. Could have saved $5 bucks. BTW cool mod super easy install.

#23 7 years ago

How are sales? This practically eliminated the bell drains. And looks great.

#24 7 years ago

Great bell mod indeed must have for AC/DC pro owners.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I am still getting a few, at the most inopportune moments

#26 7 years ago

Hello Everyone, I just put one of these on my machine last week. This adds a lot more action to the bell and was really easy to put on the machine. Thanks for making this cool addition. I would like to add the red EL Wire also, it looks awesome in the video.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Blackwell:

Hey Hemi,
Just found this thread! Wish I would have seen BEFORE I got one off of fleabay. Could have saved $5 bucks. BTW cool mod super easy install.

Sorry about the $5.00.. I wanted to cover the epay fees. I am glad you are enjoying the bell mod.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Sales are OK...... but I would like to sell a lot more..... I have a few things in the works and I hope it turns out, but its hard to tell. So spread the word.

Thanks everyone for supporting my idea.

Steve

#29 7 years ago

Are you guys removing the spring in front of the bell when you installed your mod?

#30 7 years ago

spring is gone

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

spring is gone

Ok I will have to try and remove the spring. Do you get more bell drains thank before?

#32 7 years ago

I agree this is a good mod for Pro models but it just hangs down to low. If it was possible to lower the bell some it would look a hundred times better.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Are you guys removing the spring in front of the bell when you installed your mod?

REMOVE THE SPRING. It will scratch the hell out of the playfield. It plays better with out it too. Especially with mod. You could just cut it close to base if your lazy.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I agree this is a good mod for Pro models but it just hangs down to low. If it was possible to lower the bell some it would look a hundred times better.

True, it would look better and I tried to make it shorter.... But if you were to lower the bell closer to the playfield and make the suspended ball shaft shorter, there is a chance it will not strike the machine's bell target or it would hit the outside edge of the bell and not register the shot.....

It is possible it can be lowered (with its current design) a little, but there is a fine line for it to work or not work and I wanted to make sure it works the best it can.....If I was playing the machine and it did not register the hit, I would not like this mod.

I will try modifying my machine's bell mod and let you know how much more it can be lowered until it will not work anymore. I will post my findings if anyone wants to know the results.

exflexer, thanks for your input to improve my mod.

Steve

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

REMOVE THE SPRING. It will scratch the hell out of the playfield. It plays better with out it too. Especially with mod. You could just cut it close to base if your lazy.

NO problems with my spring scratching playfield, but I DID remove it

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

REMOVE THE SPRING. It will scratch the hell out of the playfield. It plays better with out it too.

Ok I removed the spring. I did not have any playfield scratches but it made a huge improvement.
This is so much better. If you have the Pro with bell mod remove the spring!

#37 7 years ago

OK.... I got home from work and can not sleep .... I got to know if it works. So I lowered the bell another 1/2" closer to the playfield. It is as low as it can go without touching the plastics around the bell and it will strike the rear bell target just fine. So I am at a cross roads.... Leave it the original way or lower it another 1/2" closer.... I need your guys opinion, what do you think? ... Here are some pictures of it before and after it was lowered.

Also just a note to everyone that has purchased it already. You can lower it with just a few modifications done, it was easy. Just send me a PM and I will explain it to you

DSCF5125.JPG DSCF5213.JPG DSCF5127.JPG DSCF5215.JPG

#38 7 years ago

Here are a few more....

DSCF5129.JPG DSCF5214.JPG DSCF5128.JPG DSCF5218.JPG

#39 7 years ago

Lower looks a lot better.

#40 7 years ago

Looks nicer lower,
Shame you Cracked your bell plastic above it

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Looks nicer lower,
Shame you Cracked your bell plastic above it

Yeah I know it's cracked. I tried to make a complete swing bell mod that works like the Premium model and it cracked. I need to order a new bracket and plastic. I guess that's the price it cost when you try to modify your machine .

#42 7 years ago

Bell mod is a great idea, adds new dynamics

#43 7 years ago

Here is a video of the lowered bell mod look in my machine.

#44 7 years ago

Very nice work
Congratulations

#45 7 years ago

I'm not changing mine. It works perfect.

1 week later
#47 7 years ago

Does anyone know where i can buy just a bell? To hold me over until i can buy the actual pin....

#48 7 years ago

Awesome mod- I like that you can now option the PRO to have a captive ball, (best feature in the le imo) and it looks to work great

Looking at the LE though, I'm wondering...doesnt look too hard to make the whole unit swing with some fab work maybe...hmmm

If I get an acdc pro, I'd buy this mod for sure. I've yet to see an LE pin make me want to spend $2,000 extra for features. I also prefer the face over the lower playfield, but that's just me

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Awesome mod- I like that you can now option the PRO to have a captive ball, (best feature in the le imo) and it looks to work great
Looking at the LE though, I'm wondering...doesnt look too hard to make the whole unit swing with some fab work maybe...hmmm
If I get an acdc pro, I'd buy this mod for sure. I've yet to see an LE pin make me want to spend $2,000 extra for features. I also prefer the face over the lower playfield, but that's just me

I did design and make up a protype entire swinging bell for my Pro machine and I did not like the effect it gave the machine. It really did not swing very much, because it has to hit the back target and then the play ball. It moves as fast as the current mod does and sometimes it did not register the hit. The bell had to clear the playfield plastics and then still reach the rear target. The LE and Premium machines allow the bell to swing a lot. You would have to totally re-design the Pro to get that effect. I am not trying to discourage anyone for making one, I just saying what I found when I made one for my machine.

#50 7 years ago

Great mod Hemi'!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside