New AC/DC LE/Prem mod, TNT Detonator for $25.00 shipped (Videos) by Hemi

By HemiOrange09

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I had a fellow Pinsider ask me to make this mod for the AC/DC LE/Premium machine. I made up one for my machine and installed it in by soldering to the detonator. I will sell this TNT mod in two different versions... I made this a plug-in version for $25.00 shipped, but I will have to order parts to get the correct plugs in stock to install it into the machine.

This flasher mod is activated by the TNT Detonator going up and down. I can also offer this in a Red LED. I installed a white LED into my machine, because the red bleached out the writing in the detonator box. Blue was horribly looking.

If you are interested in purchasing this TNT mod, just send me a PM and I will get one to you. I will also need your shipping information and direct email address to send you the directions.

Here is the video in my machine.... It is not the best quality but you can see the flasher (I also show the cannon kit in the video)

#2 11 years ago

Looks cool. PM sent

#3 11 years ago

I'm in for a couple.
One for myself and a buddy.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks guys for the orders... I can make the solder in kits now and I ordered the connectors today and I should have them within a week or less.... is there anyone else that would like mod?

#5 11 years ago

Do you need to take deternator plastic off?

#6 11 years ago

I'm having trouble seeing it. Can you post a pic close up?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Do you need to take deternator plastic off?

Yes you do have to remove the detonator plastic from the machine. It is very easily removed and then install the LED into it.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

I'm having trouble seeing it. Can you post a pic close up?

I will try to get a better lighting for the camera, the light comes from inside the detonator when it goes down..... I will try and repost a video soon.

Thanks

#9 11 years ago

Only reason I asked is when I took my plastic off stern must have put it on wet as the red print come off the plastic and stuck to the detonator bracket they did send me another, but hey awesome mod looks great in video.

Peter

#10 11 years ago

I did not have any issues or trouble removing the detonator assembly from my machine. Actually the plastic box comes apart like a puzzle piece and it is easily opened up and put back together. A great design if you ask me.

#11 11 years ago

Here is another video of the TNT Detonator in the test mode of the machine, it shows off the flasher a lot better. I did make another video of the machine in game play.

#12 11 years ago

Here is another video of the TNT mod. Hopefully you can see it better.

#13 11 years ago

Steve,

Thats a GREAT mod buddy.
Kind of a cool toy that needed something to bring attention to it.
Nice job and I look forward to getting mine.

Bill

#14 11 years ago

I received an email and my parts will be in this week for sure for the plug-in kits....

Thanks everyone for your orders and Happy New Year,
Steve

#15 11 years ago

Looks great allthough already a lot of lights are blinking if TNT is initialized. But there can never be to much bling-bling

Just ut of interest i tried to take the tntplastic of, eg the 2 screws on top and the 2 at the front but it was still impossible to remove the tnt squarebox plastic. Am i missing something?

#16 11 years ago

You have to remove the TNT Detonator assembly completely from the machine to get inside the box. Three nuts under the machine's playfield and the harness. Then the 2 screws for the wires and it comes apart like a puzzle, a great design if you ask me.

#17 11 years ago

Ordered this kit and the cannon kit, both look great, cannon really adds to the light shows, looks amazing in play! Very impressed, great mods!!

#18 11 years ago

Thanks Pin_Crazed for the feedback.... I have all my parts in stock to make the plug in version of this mod and all of my pre-orders are completed and were shipped out today. I will be emailing everyone the directions tonight. PM me if you would like to place an order.

#19 11 years ago

Installed the cannon mod last week.... very nice. TNT mod on the way. These are great mods.

#20 11 years ago

Thanks and please let me know when you get it installed....

#21 11 years ago

Mines in steve works great.
thanks
pincades
JT

#22 11 years ago

I installed the TNT detonator and cannon kit mods from HemiOrange09 on my Premium and they really look fantastic and sure add to the game.
Thanks Steve keep 'em coming!

#23 11 years ago

Unfortunately, the video Steve is showing does not do this mod justice. I have this installed and it is a BIG plus especially where you might think there is plenty of light already. You won't be disappointed!!!

#24 11 years ago

Looks like the number of mods for AC/DC is beginning to approach Tron levels. Seems like there are new cool mods popping up every week. That is awesome. AC/DC is good for pinball!!!

#25 11 years ago

Thanks Guys for the Great feed back on the TNT detonator mod. I have 4 of the plug-in versions for $25.00 and 2 of the Cannon kits for $30.00 that are on the shelf ready to be shipped. Also, I will be posting an updated video of my bass drum mod for Laseriffic's bass drum. I installed a new color that I am stocking, orange. It complements the red LEDs from the cannon kit as will as the cannon plactics. I will post a new video of it.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Looks like the number of mods for AC/DC is beginning to approach Tron levels. Seems like there are new cool mods popping up every week. That is awesome. AC/DC is good for pinball!!!

Soon I will have more mods coming for AC/DC....

#26 11 years ago

Hi Hemi Cool Mods. Was wondering how i can order the plug in version TNT DET mod. Thx

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from GOLFIN365:

Hi Hemi Cool Mods. Was wondering how i can order the plug in version TNT DET mod. Thx

I will send you a PM in a few....

#28 11 years ago

Hemi,

Thanks for the great work!!!!
This was easy to install and has a great effect, subtle and not too in your face but definately noticable.
I love your plug and play configuration.
I am fine using a soldering iron but you make it so easy with the plug and play option.

Always great mods!
I am holding out to see what you do for Tesserac.
Put my name on one right now

Bill

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I will send you a PM in a few....

Send me one too por favor.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from BDillon:

Hemi,
Thanks for the great work!!!!
This was easy to install and has a great effect, subtle and not too in your face but definately noticable.
I love your plug and play configuration.
I am fine using a soldering iron but you make it so easy with the plug and play option.
Always great mods!
I am holding out to see what you do for Tesserac.
Put my name on one right now
Bill

You mean this Tesseract mod ...I just posted and made a video of my prototype version of it on the Avenger mod thread.... I am not trying to hi-jack my AC/DC thread...just show you my work. If you would like to talk about this mod please go to the Avengers mod thread or PM me....Thanks

#31 11 years ago

Everyone that has placed an order the kits that I had already built up will be shipped out tomorrow.

These are the kits that I have on left the shelf for immediate delivery:

2 Cannon Kits $30.00
1 TNT Detonator Kits $25.00
2 Base Drum Kits for Laseriffic Add Ons $25.00

Thanks.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Everyone that has placed an order the kits that I had already built up will be shipped out tomorrow.

These are the kits that I have on left the shelf for immediate delivery:

2 Cannon Kits $30.00
1 TNT Detonator Kits $25.00
2 Base Drum Kits for Laseriffic Add Ons $25.00

Thanks.

Hemi, for the bass drum kit, is that only for 1 drum or would it be for both drums?

Thanks

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

Hemi, for the bass drum kit, is that only for 1 drum or would it be for both drums?
Thanks

That kit is for both drums that are mounted in front of the ball diverters if you have a LE/Prem. AC/DC machine. So there are two orange flashers that flash back into the cannon plastics. I do offer a single one for the AC/DC Pro machines as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-leprem-mod-tnt-detonator-for-2000-shipped-by-hemi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.