Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#387 4 years ago

Where is my resolve. I'm starting to feel dirty because I want one.

#408 4 years ago

Any word on the Premium yet? I just want to see if there are any changes before pulling the trigger on a Pro (and certifying my status as a hypocrite for buying another Stern NIB).

3 months later
#480 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The electronics will be SAM, but the cabinets will be the new Spike style.

Hey that's my thread! And yes, it is the old style SAM cabinet. I posted pictures in there of the corners, and the cab on my AC/DC Pro VE is like my Tron cabinet. It's not like my Game of Thrones (SPIKE) was. The differences were obvious as soon as I pulled it out of the box. It does have the metal head, so really it would be closer to IMVE. The cab feels nice and solid, just like it should be.

And I have to admit, I was very worried it would be the newer cabinet style. I would have ended up reinforcing it, and probably replacing the legs and plates. But it's a "real" cab.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. I wasn't aware there was a cabinet difference between SAM/SPIKE. From what I understand when reading your posts, the SAM variant is the better one?
How do you feel the new PRO model stack up against the older machines? As mentioned, I haven't played an original PRO. I will not be able to afford a new VE Premium either way so I'm looking in the new PRO direction instead. Simply...is it good enough. The original Premium was packed with goodies. I don't want to buy the new VE Pro and feel like I didn't get the whole package so to say.
EDIT: Maybe I should've posted this in your thread instead. I will follow that one. Please keep posting your thoughts and finds there too.

The Pro and the Premium of AC/DC are very different animals.

On your first question, the Pro stacks up better than the original. They built it similar to the way they built Iron Man VE. It feels solid all around. The reason it's better than the original Pro is... well I hated "the face". I just couldn't look at it.

As for Pro vs Prem, like I said, same rules (almost), but different games. I find the Pro to be much faster and mine feels brutal. The Prem has a more relaxed pace of play. But they are both great games. I chose the Pro because I never liked the lower playfield that much. It's fine, but it wasn't required to me. It also is more fragile a playfield because of it (I have seen too many ghosted windows). I'd like to have the drops, but not the bridge. So overall I find the Pro a better value. But that's just me. I like brutal games.

Is it "good enough" to stack up? I love it, but I knew I would. I love the game itself, and the software was already done, so I knew what I was getting. I'd HIGHLY recommend playing a Pro first though. If you lived near me I'd invite you over to try it.

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How does the swinging bell on the Pro compare to the Premium? I've played the standard Pro without the swinging bell and ruled it out because the bell is such a cool feature on the Premium.

It's different. However they have improved it by having a bell in the Pro.

On the Premium it swings a lot more. Plus it is controlled to swing more. It also has a scoop, and an exit trail behind it. On the Pro it is just mechanical to hit the switch behind it. No exit lane needed because the ball cant get behind the bell. Also (opinion), the bracket of the bell on the Pro interferes a bit with the sightline of the jukebox. Not a deal breaker, but the bracket on the Premium is a lot better.

Finally, they added a plate that surrounds the clapper on the VE. I thought I'd be removing it, but I like how it blocks the sight of the switch behind the bell. From the side it's uglier, bit while playing, it looks cooler than the bell on the "LED" version from a while back.

11 months later
#502 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Am I doing something wrong or is there no actual page with proper pictures on Stern’s web page?

This is the new playfield art:

F4F96C38-9A68-4A59-8E19-1B4D0A29E410 (resized).jpeg

And this is the new speaker grill in the Pro VE:

A182438B-D925-4728-A90D-925DF9E7C4A2 (resized).jpeg

It is the newer metal backbox. But my cab was the older style that was similar to the old style cabs. The corners are constructed the same as my Tron. Obviously mine has a Color DMD and a Luci translite.

The cab art I think is the same as the original. If you want any particular shots, let me know.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside