Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

Phil's gone! ACDC Vault has no drummer! Still looks better than the orig Pro.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Curious if the cab decals are hi-res & foil backed like IMVE . That'd be an improvement over the dithered mess on the previous.

2012 ACDC used high hes decals. No dithering.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Can't believe your comment gets downvoted.. Who doesn't want updated code for ACDC? But then again RH has been pretty negative overall lately about everything.
Rob

You serious? ACDC is perfection. I love it. I've never been negative about ACDC. You dislike one f'ing game around here and the bitchforks come out.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ACDC got 1 and only 1 prob : the canon position, hidding the overall view on the right in/outlane
else its a great pin for sure

Never been a problem. I can always tell where the ball is. I don't have a problem with Met's hammer "blocking" anything either nor do I see a huge difference between regular and Invisiglass. I'm convinced different people focus their eyes differently when playing pinball. We all sorta see it different.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's more than a dislike, it's a personal crusade... anyhow...
ACDC isn't perfection as I see it. I can have a different opinion whether you agree or not. I would like the lower playfield to score a little better and perhaps the magnet used to stop the bell so it doesn't swing for 30 seconds and I can't get another hit on it during that time. Oh and I'd also like to see BIB tweaked so it's not the whole target bank to light the song notes. But if there's no change then I am still happy with mine. Peace
Rob

I wouldn't say "no" to those things, but for me it's just a matter of perspective. ACDC code is SOOO good and the game is SOOO fun, it bugs me when people lump it in with true code-issues games with bugs, missing features, or overall questionable gameplay.

If it bothers anyone that the cannon inserts merely light up when you hit a target with the cannon, they're missing the big picture. That's some personal OCD shit that discounts the amazing above and beyond work Lyman did with the design he was given.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious to see what changes are made to premium. Pro looks the same other than Angus face and swinging bell. Thinking I'm going to be happy keeping my premium if it's not a big art difference. Either way, nice that more people can now enjoy acdc.

Phil's gone. Prem will prob have him removed from the "dancing band".

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's not a good precedent to set though. Unused inserts on a playfield can misrepresent rules and features that just are not there.
Rob

Clearly Lyman thought "cannon modes" weren't fun and ditched it for better and more interesting things. The inserts light up when you hit a cannon target. They're not unused.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Lighting up and doing nothing isn't exactly 'used'. The inserts don't particularly indicate they should be modes so I thought maybe they can just indicate some kind of bonus point modifier for the cannon. For example, increase regular cannon shot values more for each insert lit (not including song/bonus/etc jackpots). At the start of multiball the cannon shot might be only worth around 300,000? What if all 4 inserts were lit made it 2 million instead? Now do you go for the target bank or bell on the cannon shot... It makes it a little more fun, adds variety to an otherwise meaningless cannon shot (barring other jackpot shots being lit). And change BIB to one lit target to qualify the notes, not the whole target bank! Maybe even have a difficulty setting for this. Nobody likes playing this song on the game and even Bowen says its crud in his rulesheet. Scoring can be one dimensional on the game if people consider HB + VIP the only way to score hundreds of millions of points in the game? Are there good points to be scored on the mini playfield? The game doesn't even tell me my total points when the time is up (would be nice to know how I did)? Is there any bonus for doing better on the lower playfield, like will it increase the note shot values a bit?
Just my thoughts about certain things in the game and being an owner.
Rob

I'm sure Lyman will do a finese update eventually....maybe in 8 years when B'66 is done

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've been telling you people for YEARS that you need to be playing Thunderstruck and stacking it in with multiballs....but nobody ever listens! They don't listen, and they keep on losing leagues and tournaments, even after seeing me pull out 250 million+ games like nothing week after week after week and thread after thread on both Pros and LE's....
Nobody ever listens.

The great thing about AC/DC is that people can play it many different ways and still have fun. I have zero strategy and sometimes get 300 mil - 500 mil lol....I generally just try to get through as many songs as I can, play a lot of multiball, stack multiballs, hit the bell for 2x and 3x ...and the points fall where they fall. I've been playing the game for 5 years and it's just fun to rock out and play.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's exactly how I played it as well. The challenge was always to get through the songs and most of the time I'd get through the first 30 seconds. Some songs I'd just avoid like, For those about to Rock, and others I would always have to play every time, like Thunderstruck.

I never pick FTABT first - but if I know I have some multiballs close to being lit, it's a good one to pick....just because if I can keep my game going long enough for the fast part of the song to kick in, it's so satisfying. Especially when you get the ball in the cannon and slap the button right as the song goes "FIRE!" (Blam, hit a target) - WE SALUTE YOU!!!! Such a good feeling.

#201 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm pretty surprised that a VE edition of that game is coming out. Used pros are in the 4's. I thought the rationale for LE's was to capitalize on games that were selling for more than NIB.

As more new peeps enter the hobby, it's become clear that many new buyers do not want to buy used games from randos. They want new, and new only. This is the product for those buyers. Same as the AFMr discussions. Hardcore hobbyists say "just go find a used one". Casual new buyers don't wanna go hunt down old games on Craigslist. They want to make a phone call, order, and get.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Well, that's fine. But why AC/DC Pro?? Nobody wanted it the first time.

In this audience? Yeah, most *here* wanted the Premium....but, the Pro did sell well. Operators might want Pros. There might still be good overseas demand (Australia). Lots of "flow hoes" prefer the Pro as they claim it's faster. One of the biggest complaints about the Pro was the giant Angus face - now that they've removed that, many who dug the Pro but were on the fence might be jumping for joy right now.

I don't think Stern would have produced more Pros without some sense of demand from their distributors.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So much for Stern never remaking AC/DC because of licensing issues.

There were licensing issues....that's why it didn't continue when the license expired & hasn't been in production for 2 years, unlike Metallica which re-upped the license without a hitch. Clearly they finally figured it out. I suspect the virtual Pinball Arcade version had something to do with being able to start building the games again, and clearly getting Phil off the artwork was one of the things they had to do to go into production again.

#224 6 years ago

Hey guys - this is interesting...I went and searched for some pics of The Pinball Arcade app version of AC/DC Premium...Phil was removed from the art! Soooo...prob a good idea what the Premium re-run this fall is going to look like. (Original translite included for comparison)

Prem_no_Phil (resized).pngPrem_no_Phil (resized).png

Prem_Virtual (resized).pngPrem_Virtual (resized).png

Prem_w_Phil (resized).jpgPrem_w_Phil (resized).jpg

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If they don't take those hairy chested dudes off there, then I call it a fail! C'mon we have enough of those already. Something new maybe?

LOL....I mean....that's AC/DC. They made Luci for people who wanted AC/DC featuring something completely random. Maybe the AC/DC Prem Vault will have Unicorns on it instead of anything that makes sense?

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

A re-skinned 1982 Tron VE would have been nicer. Maybe someday

IMO that would never happen. Too much work for too niche a market. Yes, they did it for Spider-Man, but Spider-Man is huge...Tron is niche niche niche.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Are there any images of what the translate and cabinet are going to look like in the VE?

7th post, page 1. Same as original, minus Phil

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I know what you mean, but why not just some hand drawn version of them like on the pro?

There's no hand drawn Pro.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think the VEs are a definite improvement over the original. Better speaker panel, sticker on the panel, LED DMD (if original was plasma), metal backbox, no coffin lock and the game already has finished code. What's not to like?

Original run of ACDC had red LED DMD from the start...I'd disagree that the LED DMD is an improvement...Plasma looks WAY better...but, it's irrelevant anyway cuz most of us would probably pluck it out and put in a ColorDMD. Most people prefer the coffin lock as well...I don't care that much - once it's set up, it's not something I'm thinking about.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So if they got rid of Brian Johnson why is his mug still on the artwork?

Cuz he didn't try to kill anyone.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've heard this as well. BM66 premium sales have been downright awful.
AS has been WAY better than expected though. Surprise hit.

Between B66 LE and SLE that's $3.6 million in sales. Of course I don't know what that breaks down to in profit, but even if they didn't sell one Premium - that doesn't seem like a financial flop to me. Anyway - B66 was front loaded to mega-nostalgists, scalpers, and OCD richies. If they expected to sell many after that, it would have to sell on the merits of the game (fail) and value (fail).

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Queue Iceman......3....2....1

Who?

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many people have one lying around?

They came with every game. Everyone locks the backbox and then puts the Allen wrench in the coinbox.

#338 6 years ago

I don't know where the numbers came from, but Premiums are always the lowest produced version of any game. So technically, they really don't dig into sales numbers. They're basically "gravy" sales.
The only exception is Metallica. Which sold a s**t-ton of premiums.

Wrong. 500 AC/DC LE's ...thousands of Premiums sold. 500 Ghostbusters LE's. Thousands of Premiums sold. 500 Walking Dead LE's. Thousands of Premiums sold.

Very few games have Premium flops...it's only when the game itself isn't desirable, like Avengers. Or perhaps when the LE has bigger numbers like Star Trek...wouldn't be surprised if they sold more than 800 ST Premiums, though.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

So what incentive do they have to keep coding it if that vast majority of revenue was in LE and SLEs, which have all already sold?

If they want to be dicks, none. However, if a game has shit code - that affects sales of the NEXT game....as burnt customers won't bite if there are a bunch of games that already need work....that kills confidence in the next games. I've always said - finished code on a FLOP benefits the company as a whole. Stern has proven that they will work on a flop. Avengers got a code update long after it was out of production. BDK got a code update 2 years after its release...and due to excitement over the code drop, they even made a new batch of games (that's when I bought mine, in 2010 due to the new code). Word is Kiss update is dropping soon.

I don't believe Stern ever abandons a game due to unit sales. It always comes down to priorities...they have so many projects and only so many employees to work on them. They do what they gotta do...I don't think there's ever malice involved when code isn't finished.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They sold more ST Premiums than any other non Pro SKU AFAIK, excluding LotR and PotC.

Dang! Star Trek seems to have been a sorta under the radar hit, eh? I honestly thought it would end up a decent selling game, nothing special...but looks like it's struck a chord with buyers!

#343 6 years ago

You're misinterpreting. Pros outsell them all worldwide. That's what I'm saying.

Gotcha. Yes, that makes sense. You said Premiums were the lowest selling...not compared to the LE, though.

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If it were someone else, given their ongoing PR issues, I could imagine it, especially given the assurances Gomez gave. But Lyman is clearly their most senior software engineer, as well as game coder, given that he was apparently responsible for Spike 2. Are they really going to tie him up on a machine that's going to bring in little to no future revenue, and not much past revenue? Highly unlikely. Perhaps they pass it on to someone else though.

It will help future revenue, though....think anyone will ever buy a $15k SLE again if Batman doesn't get finished? Finished old games help new games. IMO.

Lyman always comes through....sure, there are those who wish he'd come back for a few extra bits of biz (like the people who still want an ACDC update) ...but he always eventually gets it to the point where it's a well thought out, deep and cohesive experience. It might take a while though...and I guess that's up to B66 owners to have patience, and Stern prob hopes once that "big update" drops, people will wanna buy Premiums.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Really? What about the THREE CANON INSERTS on the playfield. Are those part of the best coded game ever?

OMFG STFU about the cannon inserts...FFS...glarghghghghghhhhh....

Quoted from TVP:

I don't think that asking sheets or anyone else at stern YTF aren't these still programmed is an unwarranted request.

They are PROGRAMMED! They light up when you hit a target with the cannon. Just because they don't do what YOU want them to do doesn't make them "not programmed"

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Use novus 2 on the bottom side to cut it back.
It's not 100% but it's 10 times better.
I started on the bottom section and you can see the difference on the curtains...

That's just cleaning a dirty window. Most of the LE's shipped with clearcoat defect...the windows are just cloudy and you can't clean it away.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The pro was $4050 shipped from Cointaker when they first came out just 5 years ago. Sad.

That being said, none of Stern's competition has offered a competitive product for the Pro line, so they still are the only ones offering a "low priced" real pinball machine. JJP's games are all $8k+ now. Spookys are priced close to Stern Premiums. Everyone else is on the verge of going up in smoke. Unless someone else could bring a $4k pin to market, Stern will be the only company to offer the best value in new pinball.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pinside needs to ban changing of avatar's. You have a red avatar and thats the way it should stay.

I had the Family Guy translite as my avatar for 5 years...I changed it to the "Calmer Than You Are" only a few months ago. I noticed someone has a similar one with "Keep Calm"...so based on how I was feeling about that lumpy playfield thread, I decided to go Enid with my new one

f18b22052d02983ffbeb39a97d67db3d (resized).jpgf18b22052d02983ffbeb39a97d67db3d (resized).jpg

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Youll always be known as the Family Guy avatar anyway - just go back to that.

I gotta go with my feels.

Ghost_World-_too_stupid-_poison-_edit-8065 (resized).jpgGhost_World-_too_stupid-_poison-_edit-8065 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.