Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

Can't check FB at the moment. Are they only releasing Pro's or are thy gonna run premiums as well?

#117 6 years ago

I find it very interesting they announce it on FB but the Stern website does not have it posted yet. Interested to see if any changes are made to the premium and what pricing will be.

#134 6 years ago

Ok....choices are good. Maybe by late fall all the recent QC issues will be a non issue. Can decide then if I want to pick up an original run premium or new. Or could go Pro...it's one of the better Pro's though I prefer premium versions so I have all the features. Kind of shocked it will take until late fall for the premium to be released. Good thing is this will kind of drop prices on used premiums.

The only thing code wise they SHOULD fix is songs restarting from the beginning every ball. It should play through like Metallica does.

#242 6 years ago

The market was definitely saturated when they ran Luci. I recall several that bought and then had to sell because the wife/GF said hell no to the artwork and forced to sell. I wanted one but waited and then like that the run was done. I was kind of pissed at the time......been waiting for the right time/ price to get one. It seems there are an awful lot of people wanting a Luci....they would sell a bunch if they ran it. And Stern is about the money and Luci was not sold as an LE so they can run it. Demand your Luci now!!!

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

BUT PHIL IS GANGSTER AS SHIT FOR TRYIN.

LMFAO!!!

#270 6 years ago

As far as Luci being done again I wouldn't trust what Stern says. They tell you what you want to hear to your face......BM66 for example...code every 2 weeks till it's complete.....did ANYONE really believe that would actually happen???? I don't think I need to throw out anymore examples to make my point. If there is enough demand and MONEY to be made they will happily oblige to take our money. And keep in mind these vault editions are not by the goodness of their heart.....they watch the market and if a game is hot enough they will run it if they can make money. Spider-Man was a perfect example. They were selling for 5-6K.....slap some new art and bling and add $2500....money in the bank. Will be interesting to see how AC/DC plays out.

#275 6 years ago

And call it Axl/DC as Levi called it that's some funny shit right there.

Please do not let that happen. Axl was a fill in. Not sure what the future really holds for AC/DC.... can they find a 3rd singer that can carry on the magic??? They got lucky with Brian Johnson. Not many bands survive when they lose the lead singer. It may be the end other than special one off small tours with celebrity fill ins. Angus is really all that's left of the band when you think about it. Sucks but all good things must come to an end. Just the facts of life and that's what makes certain things special.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sorry man there are more than 171 LUCI's a guy who is well connected told me, sorry dude

So how many were produced then since you have insider info. Spill the beans if you are that confident.

We can speculate all day since Stern doesn't release production numbers. I have insider info too. But let's flashback to when Luci was announced. It was towards the tail end of the run of AC/DC. At the time it was released I believe some statements from Stern had already said that AC/DC was their best seller....not sure what that really means as no number of units sold was given to back that up. I was very interested in getting one but I had just got Metallica....at the time I also figured Luci would be available for a while...it was maybe 4-6 months later that Luci was done if I remember correctly. I was pissed at the time because I knew I missed the boat but life goes on. Stern can barely deliver a run of 500-600 LE's of a new release in 4-6 months. Initially Luci took off but after about a month many came up for sale...wife/ GF etc said get that thing out of here. So given the run was short I doubt they made more than 500 and that's being generous.....so while 171 may be low it's likely not anywhere near 500. Unless distributors bought and stockpiled them to cash in later. We know with LE's this happens all the time. Hot LE's sell out then after a couple years a NIB LE pops up for sale. Either way the number is most likely less than the number of AC/DC LE's made....and I mean less than either version separate and not combined...so less than 250 is probably a good speculation.

With all the new people buying new games today they could easily double the number of Luci sold if they ran it. It just seems some of the new releases are not near as fun as AC/DC. And with more people in the hobby now demand has increased and prices for used AC/DC are getting STUPID so it makes complete since for Stern to cash in. They can sell a few hundred units for more than the original run cost. Easy pay day for Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed?tu=Pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.