Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 6 years ago

... nevermind

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This is already general knowledge, so you are unfortunately disqualified from the contest..
I just got done playing some Luci.. I really need new coil stops for this game. The brass rings totally disintegrated... The little extra flipper travel really changes the shots. And I need to put a color dmd back in this game!
Rob

I did a rebuild on my partners acca not long ago. Same thing coil stops had disintegrated

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I did a rebuild on my partners acca not long ago. Same thing coil stops had disintegrated

Wow! Our Luci coil stops came apart as well. Where does the extra flipper travel come from? According to the manual flipper part numbers are the same as normal.

Cheers

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

So while the drummer Phil Rudd has been removed from the playfield and backglass, did Stern take a moment to realize he's still (basically) in the DMD graphics? Not a big deal really, unless the band are trying to avoid paying him any royalties for the use of his likeness and that's partly why he was removed? I know the cartoon I posted is shown in the game, but there's actual digitized footage of the band in the rom. But, I don't think much of that is used anyhow...
Rob

No offense, but are you OCD or just the most annoying nitpicking person in the world? And i mean that with love cause you do post and report some legit bugs. But man, you sure seem to have the most little minor complaints ever in pinball.

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wow! Our Luci coil stops came apart as well. Where does the extra flipper travel come from? According to the manual flipper part numbers are the same as normal.
Cheers

I think it's just the continual slamming that causes it.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No offense, but are you OCD or just the most annoying nitpicking person in the world? And i mean that with love cause you do post and report some legit bugs. But man, you sure seem to have the most little minor complaints ever in pinball.

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I certainly can't please everyone I guess...

Rob

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I certainly can't please everyone I guess...
Rob

sorry man. I meant no harm or ill will. I am in a pissy mood so that probably triggered my response.

#408 6 years ago

Any word on the Premium yet? I just want to see if there are any changes before pulling the trigger on a Pro (and certifying my status as a hypocrite for buying another Stern NIB).

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Any word on the Premium yet? I just want to see if there are any changes before pulling the trigger on a Pro (and certifying my status as a hypocrite for buying another Stern NIB).

It will be a bit, they aren't building those till the fall according to the Facebook post.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:
171 Luci ACDC machines were built
is that true ??

Yes. True enough. This has been well documented in this, and other older Pinside threads (and to my knowledge not challenged) together with confirmation from the market which valued them more highly than most LEs

171. Lock it in!

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In the latest Stern Pinball Arcade Phil is removed from the PF and Translite... and they silhouetted his body in the dancing band. I'd expect that to be it, they probably just don't have a production model ready to photograph yet. Fingers crossed for something cool but not holding my breath!

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Yes. True enough. This has been well documented in this, and other older Pinside threads (and to my knowledge not challenged) together with confirmation from the market which valued them more highly than most LEs
171. Lock it in!

"Well documented in this and other older pinside threads"
LMAO! If it was documented on this and other threads on Pinside then it's guaranteed to be true...

#413 6 years ago

LUCI the True LE!

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

$6100 & $7500 were enough words for me.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

$6100 & $7500 were enough words for me.

Hmmmmm may want to try a few more distributors. Should be closer to $5100 & $6800. Still a hefty price tag considering these were ~$400 cheaper when they first came out. But still nicer than the used market right now.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Unless RH would like to take it to PM.

A/S/L

#418 6 years ago

No thank you, you're not my type.

Rob

#419 6 years ago

Fall for the Premium, huh? I'm in. Looks like my GB Premium will be up for sale soon.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Fall for the Premium, huh? I'm in. Looks like my GB Premium will be up for sale soon.

Can't go wrong with ACDC!

Rob

#421 6 years ago

delete dupe

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Not going to pay more then 17k.

You can have mine for 17k

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

In the latest Stern Pinball Arcade Phil is removed from the PF and Translite... and they silhouetted his body in the dancing band. I'd expect that to be it, they probably just don't have a production model ready to photograph yet. Fingers crossed for something cool but not holding my breath!

Probably this. They said the Premium VE would be a variation of the existing Premium art package. So likely similar if not identical to the above.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They said the Premium VE would be a variation of the existing Premium art package.

Where did you hear this?

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Where did you hear this?

I think it was answered by Stern on FB. I saw it mentioned here first, though.

#426 6 years ago

IMG_2082 (resized).PNGIMG_2082 (resized).PNG

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it was answered by Stern on FB. I saw it mentioned here first, though.

At least Stern clarified some things without leaving everyone to guess for the next 4 or 5 months. I'm not sure if the Premium was ever available in the new cabinet style like the pro model was it? That will be one thing that is certainly different!

I've gone back to playing ACDC (Luci) and really enjoying it again. I mounted the outlane posts on the lowest spot and still get a A LOT of outlane drains. I don't think that helped much....

Rob

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No offense, but are you OCD or just the most annoying nitpicking person in the world?

I'm in the OCD club as well.

Hey Robin, can you please add the new pro vault to the list of games so I can update my wishlist from pro to vault?

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

LUCI the True LE!

Sure they are.....

HUO Mint stock Luci's = 8/8.5
HUO Mint stock LTBR = 10/10.5
HUO Mint stock BIBLe = 11/11.5

Two tone water jetted side rails, 12" sub, real back glass, signed PF, numbered plaque, and certificate.

It's the LE"s for the knockout.... ding, ding, ding !!!

#430 6 years ago

Is a "limited" edition determined by feature list, price or actual production run count?

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Is a "limited" edition determined by feature list, price or actual production run count?

LEs should be numbered. Luci is just rare.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

LEs should be numbered. Luci is just rare.

nephasth - well stated, and my point exactly!

#433 6 years ago

So can someone explain to me what the difference between the Bells are on the different machines. Any video showing the different interactions with the Bell on different machines?

Original Pro vs Vault Pro vs Pre/LE?

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So can someone explain to me what the difference between the Bells are on the different machines. Any video showing the different interactions with the Bell on different machines?

Original Pro - Bell does not move. There's a standup target under/behind the bell.
LED Pro - Bell moves a little bit. The pendulum in the bell is really long and looks a bit strange.
Premium/LE - Bell can swing a lot. There's a saucer behind the bell pendulum and a ball exit to the left.

Rob

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

The Stern archive has some info about the original version.
Original pro: http://sternpinball.com/games/ac-dc/pro
Click photos, one shows the original bell with standup target.
LED pro: http://sternpinball.com/games/ac-dc/led-pro
Click photos, two show the swinging bell. Not obvious if the exit lane to the left is present or not.
Original premium: http://sternpinball.com/games/ac-dc/premium
Click photos, four show the bell.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Sure they are.....
Two tone water jetted side rails, 12" sub, real back glass, signed PF, numbered plaque, and certificate.

Don't forget Limited Cloudy Lower PF window too!!!

#437 6 years ago

LUCI mini playfield is clear. shame the others are cloudy. i guess cloudy cost more.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

LUCI mini playfield is clear. shame the others are cloudy. i guess cloudy cost more.

Use novus 2 on the bottom side to cut it back.
It's not 100% but it's 10 times better.
I started on the bottom section and you can see the difference on the curtains...

IMG_1351 (resized).JPGIMG_1351 (resized).JPG

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Don't forget Limited Cloudy Lower PF window too!!!

I guess if thats your way of trying to pump up the price of LUCI by taking a shot, ok....... I let the #s speak for themselves.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I guess if thats you way of trying to pump up the price of LUCI by taking a shot, ok....... I let the #s speak for themselves.

know of Luci sold over $10,000 i am sure there is more

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Sure they are.....

your right though . Luci is a much better value w/ 12" sub, she devil's sporting leather and daisy duke's in lower play field , and much hotter art package.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Use novus 2 on the bottom side to cut it back.
It's not 100% but it's 10 times better.
I started on the bottom section and you can see the difference on the curtains...

That's just cleaning a dirty window. Most of the LE's shipped with clearcoat defect...the windows are just cloudy and you can't clean it away.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hmmmmm may want to try a few more distributors. Should be closer to $5100 & $6800. Still a hefty price tag considering these were ~$400 cheaper when they first came out. But still nicer than the used market right now.

The pro was $4050 shipped from Cointaker when they first came out just 5 years ago. Sad.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The pro was $4050 shipped from Cointaker when they first came out just 5 years ago. Sad.

That being said, none of Stern's competition has offered a competitive product for the Pro line, so they still are the only ones offering a "low priced" real pinball machine. JJP's games are all $8k+ now. Spookys are priced close to Stern Premiums. Everyone else is on the verge of going up in smoke. Unless someone else could bring a $4k pin to market, Stern will be the only company to offer the best value in new pinball.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That being said, none of Stern's competition has offered a competitive product for the Pro line, so they still are the only ones offering a "low priced" real pinball machine. JJP's games are all $8k+ now. Spookys are priced close to Stern Premiums. Everyone else is on the verge of going up in smoke. Unless someone else could bring a $4k pin to market, Stern will be the only company to offer the best value in new pinball.

Pinside needs to ban changing of avatar's. You have a red avatar and thats the way it should stay.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pinside needs to ban changing of avatar's. You have a red avatar and thats the way it should stay.

I agree but it should go back to family guy. I'm so bad with people's names on here but avatars I'm very good at remembering. Haha.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had the Family Guy translite as my avatar for 5 years...I changed it to the "Calmer Than You Are" only a few months ago. I noticed someone has a similar one with "Keep Calm"...so based on how I was feeling about that lumpy playfield thread, I decided to go Enid with my new one

f18b22052d02983ffbeb39a97d67db3d (resized).jpgf18b22052d02983ffbeb39a97d67db3d (resized).jpg

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I had the Family Guy translite as my avatar for 5 years...I changed it to the "Calmer Than You Are" only a few months ago. I noticed someone has a similar one with "Keep Calm"...so based on how I was feeling about that lumpy playfield thread, I decided to go Enid with my new one
» YouTube video

Youll always be known as the Family Guy avatar anyway - just go back to that.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Youll always be known as the Family Guy avatar anyway - just go back to that.

I gotta go with my feels.

Ghost_World-_too_stupid-_poison-_edit-8065 (resized).jpgGhost_World-_too_stupid-_poison-_edit-8065 (resized).jpg

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

You need to put the Family Guy avatar back. It doesn't seem like you without it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.