By Trekkie1978

4 months ago

Stats

• 500 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 weeks ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ghost_World-_too_stupid-_poison-_edit-8065 (resized).jpg
f18b22052d02983ffbeb39a97d67db3d (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).JPG
IMG_2082 (resized).PNG
Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
IMG_7556 (resized).jpg
tyronebiggums (resized).jpg

There are 500 posts in topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 4 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Stern already said 'no Luci' on their FB page.
Rob

I'm sure the distributors got a lot of questions about Luci edition today...hopefully Stern sees the demand for it. It's just the lower playfield, decals and translite. Not hard to make them.

#252 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm sure the distributors got a lot of questions about Luci edition today...hopefully Stern sees the demand for it. It's just the lower playfield, decals and translite. Not hard to make them.

I love AC/DC but that would make it insta-buy for me rather than, "Well I'll see how Star Wars looks first, I can always play AC/DC on location nearby.". Helen, Luci, at least some pinup model would be great.

#253 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's no hand drawn Pro.

I had to rub my eyes and take a closer look...you're right! There's still no hairy chests.

#254 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think the VEs are a definite improvement over the original. Better speaker panel, sticker on the panel, LED DMD (if original was plasma), metal backbox, no coffin lock and the game already has finished code. What's not to like?

Original run of ACDC had red LED DMD from the start...I'd disagree that the LED DMD is an improvement...Plasma looks WAY better...but, it's irrelevant anyway cuz most of us would probably pluck it out and put in a ColorDMD. Most people prefer the coffin lock as well...I don't care that much - once it's set up, it's not something I'm thinking about.

#255 4 months ago

Get rid of the old guys and you would really have some thing here, just plain simple artwork, beautiful.

#256 4 months ago

So if they got rid of Brian Johnson why is his mug still on the artwork?

#257 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Original run of ACDC had red LED DMD from the start...I'd disagree that the LED DMD is an improvement...Plasma looks WAY better...but, it's irrelevant anyway cuz most of us would probably pluck it out and put in a ColorDMD. Most people prefer the coffin lock as well...I don't care that much - once it's set up, it's not something I'm thinking about.

I don't care for the coffin lock because it needs the special tool. I like how the new style uses the same head size bolts as the legs. Just makes it a lot easier.

I like the LED DMD better than the plasma, due to the anti-glare film I use. It dims the plasma a little bit, but doesn't dim the LED. With the LED, that's one less board in the back box.

I hope the updated premium has an all new translite.

#258 4 months ago
Quoted from Jinroh:

Helen, Luci, at least some pinup model would be great.

Never know what I still have lying around in boxes in my garage.

#260 4 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never know what I still have lying around in boxes in my garage.

No clue what you are talking about.

#261 4 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

So if they got rid of Brian Johnson why is his mug still on the artwork?

Cuz he didn't try to kill anyone.

#262 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cuz he didn't try to kill anyone.

Did it ever come out why the drummer was trying to kill someone?

#263 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did it ever come out why the drummer was trying to kill someone?

tyronebiggums (resized).jpg

#264 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I never followed what had happened. I saw the headline that he was arrested for trying to kill someone...that's all I read.

#265 4 months ago

Turns out dirty deeds are really not cheap.

#266 4 months ago

BUT PHIL IS GANGSTER AS SHIT FOR TRYIN.

#267 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

BUT PHIL IS GANGSTER AS SHIT FOR TRYIN.

LMFAO!!!

#268 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I never followed what had happened. I saw the headline that he was arrested for trying to kill someone...that's all I read.

He was high on meth and "threatened to kill" someone on the phone and talked some bullshit about hiring a hitman, so let's not get too dramatic. In australia that's apparently a crime. I'm pretty sure the only crime he was actually convicted of was drug possession and he didn't do any real time. What he did do was piss off AC/DC enough that he's out of the band forever and can never tour again anyway because he'd likely have zero luck getting into the 98 percent of the world AC/DC tours that isn't Australia.

Why is Brian still on the art? Because he didn't piss anybody off he had to quit because of medical issues. And really, nobody wants an AXL/DC pin, plus you'd have to pay AXL. Incidentally the bass player is retired now too, so what they should get rid of him on the artwork?

The reason Rudd isn't on the game is either because they won't have to pay him this way, they hate is guts, or both.

#269 4 months ago

NO PHIL NO GRYSZZZ NO SHIT.

#270 4 months ago

As far as Luci being done again I wouldn't trust what Stern says. They tell you what you want to hear to your face......BM66 for example...code every 2 weeks till it's complete.....did ANYONE really believe that would actually happen???? I don't think I need to throw out anymore examples to make my point. If there is enough demand and MONEY to be made they will happily oblige to take our money. And keep in mind these vault editions are not by the goodness of their heart.....they watch the market and if a game is hot enough they will run it if they can make money. Spider-Man was a perfect example. They were selling for 5-6K.....slap some new art and bling and add $2500....money in the bank. Will be interesting to see how AC/DC plays out.

#271 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

NO PHIL NO GRYSZZZ NO SHIT.

its kind of stupid they pulled him. Not sure it would keep me from owning one, just like I still saw ACDC with AXL and no Phil lol

#272 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He was high on meth and "threatened to kill" someone on the phone and talked some bullshit about hiring a hitman, so let's not get too dramatic. In australia that's apparently a crime. I'm pretty sure the only crime he was actually convicted of was drug possession and he didn't do any real time. What he did do was piss off AC/DC enough that he's out of the band forever and can never tour again anyway because he'd likely have zero luck getting into the 98 percent of the world AC/DC tours that isn't Australia.
Why is Brian still on the art? Because he didn't piss anybody off he had to quit because of medical issues. And really, nobody wants an AXL/DC pin, plus you'd have to pay AXL. Incidentally the bass player is retired now too, so what they should get rid of him on the artwork?
The reason Rudd isn't on the game is either because they won't have to pay him this way, they hate is guts, or both.

So depressed it's over. Didn't realize even Cliff Williams had decided to hang it up. I'm so glad we were able to see them at MetLife one last time (even without Malcolm), and with the complete band on the Black Ice tour. Huge loss for REAL rock music, IMO.

#273 4 months ago

They should do an Axel Rose version of AC/DC! That'll get some die-hard veteran AC/DC fans pissed off!

#274 4 months ago

Jesus fuckin Christ peoples it's AXL.

#275 4 months ago

And call it Axl/DC as Levi called it that's some funny shit right there.

Please do not let that happen. Axl was a fill in. Not sure what the future really holds for AC/DC.... can they find a 3rd singer that can carry on the magic??? They got lucky with Brian Johnson. Not many bands survive when they lose the lead singer. It may be the end other than special one off small tours with celebrity fill ins. Angus is really all that's left of the band when you think about it. Sucks but all good things must come to an end. Just the facts of life and that's what makes certain things special.

#276 4 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Hammer Lock is the coolest lock in pinball IMO.

Shadow lock is the coolest of them all IMHO

#277 4 months ago

AC/DC has an absolutely terrible art package

They better not ruin Star Wars with shit like this or I'm gonna take it personal lol

What if AC/DC VE is a conspiracy to make Aerosmith & Star Wars look good?

#278 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Beverly Hills Cops fans everywhere.

#280 4 months ago

Well, was searching the foreign websites on this vault release, and for the first time Stern is doing a "LE" version of the pro for $1K more.. a special run of 100 games. Here's the leaked photo:

IMG_7556 (resized).jpg

#281 4 months ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Well, was searching the foreign websites on this vault release, and for the first time Stern is doing a "LE" version of the pro for $1K more.. a special run of 100 games. Here's the leaked photo:

I'm a bit old to use lol, but that made me lol. Chris Farley was the best.

#282 4 months ago

Holy shit that's funny as fuck. Lol.

#283 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Gryszzz you have been on fire lately with the humor and great posts after getting your ACDC. You revived and gave life to the ACDC club thread! Thanks for not being a bitch about the VE. Play the crap out of and enjoy your ACDC while others wait for the next 6 or whatever months for their VE. You deffinately are in this for fun. Thanks for the positivity!

Way to many bitches and dicks on Pinside lately. You may not know you are folks, but you are.

#284 4 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Way to many bitches and dicks on Pinside lately.

Too.

#286 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Phil's gone. Prem will prob have him removed from the "dancing band".

Agreed... now they're cutting and pasting in Gary

#287 4 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Agreed... now they're cutting and pasting in Gary

That would be hilarious.
$19,000 right now for the Gary on drums VE.

#288 4 months ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I know there was licensing issues and that's the point because people kept saying it would never be remade like the licensing issue could never be resolved, which today shows it somehow was.

Yup, people always act like licensing issues stop VEs. Seems like it is never that, but simple demand. If the demand is there they will re-run a game.

#289 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

its kind of stupid they pulled him. Not sure it would keep me from owning one, just like I still saw ACDC with AXL and no Phil lol

How was AC/DC with Axl? I'm glad I got to see them one last time. I think I saw their 2nd to last show.

#290 4 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How was AC/DC with Axl? I'm glad I got to see them one last time. I think I saw their 2nd to last show.

It was a killer show. Also mixed up the setlist a lot.

#291 4 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I was really impressed with Axl. He has a better voice than Brian and hit the higher notes better. I have no idea, but I think that Axl felt like it was an honor to play with ACDC when they needed a hand and he really wanted to put on a good show.

And for me he was the Axl Rose, who is a rock legend in my book. I don't know anyone who could have filled Brian's shoes better. Well better if they were still walking on this Earth.

#292 4 months ago

I thought axl was good on the Brian stuff but really shined on the Bon stuff. And like I said they mixed in some more of those songs which was great.

#293 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

As far as Luci being done again I wouldn't trust what Stern says. They tell you what you want to hear to your face......BM66 for example...code every 2 weeks till it's complete.....did ANYONE really believe that would actually happen???? I don't think I need to throw out anymore examples to make my point. If there is enough demand and MONEY to be made they will happily oblige to take our money. And keep in mind these vault editions are not by the goodness of their heart.....they watch the market and if a game is hot enough they will run it if they can make money. Spider-Man was a perfect example. They were selling for 5-6K.....slap some new art and bling and add $2500....money in the bank. Will be interesting to see how AC/DC plays out.

Even though I have one and it was the only one I was interested in, does it actually have wider appeal? It certainly didn't at the time of sale. Most of these will go to older guys with a family in the US, many of whom will get their ear bent if they bring home a machine with that kind of art. I suspect a minority or maybe even majority would prefer the art heavily, but it would probably hurt sales significantly.

Re: people believing Gomez re: code every two weeks until done .... tons of people defended his comments and insisted that not only were they made in good faith but they would hold true. On that note, I suspect BM'66 is almost 'done'. Sales have been miniscule compared with other releases, and Stern won't want him on the clock for something that will generate barely any revenue for them .... and Lyman's probably not going to spend his free time on a turkey.

Still doubtful they'll give Lyman time to finish AC/DC, even with this VE.

#294 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

In the announcement it states "no Luci"
Luci did not sell very well at all and there must be a reason for that. We have one and love it! It was the last and only NIB premium that was available at the time in Australia.

I recall they made a brief run of Lucis but went on to the next "cornerstone." They never revisited making Lucis after that. I remember people wanting to buy one when it was announced but there was only so many available.

#295 4 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

On that note, I suspect BM'66 is almost 'done'. Sales have been miniscule compared with other releases, and Stern won't want him on the clock for something that will generate barely any revenue for them .... and Lyman's probably not going to spend his free time on a turkey.
Still doubtful they'll give Lyman time to finish AC/DC, even with this VE.

how have sales been minuscule? Where do you get this information from?

#296 4 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

So the original pro model will be back down to $3,500 sweet!!

I'd probably pick one up at that price... face and all.

#297 4 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how have sales been minuscule? Where do you get this information from?

I've heard this as well. BM66 premium sales have been downright awful.

AS has been WAY better than expected though. Surprise hit.

#298 4 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've heard this as well. BM66 premium sales have been downright awful.
AS has been WAY better than expected though. Surprise hit.

BM66 way over priced!

#299 4 months ago

Pinny you are too kind sir, thanks for makin a girl feel special. But it was really just 2 pages of me talking to myself about songs that won't get put in for a year.
Hope to have a beer or 30 with ya at SFGE.

#300 4 months ago

I am sincerely happy for the folks that want this awesome machine yet have been pushed outta the market by all this rampant greed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 18.99
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 380.00
$ 9.95
$ 24.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 500 posts in topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.