Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You need to put the Family Guy avatar back. It doesn't seem like you without it.

That's just like "your opinion", man.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

That's just like "your opinion", man.

Actually, it's scientific fact.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You need to put the Family Guy avatar back. It doesn't seem like you without it.

I heard Neo was going with that avatar.

#454 6 years ago

LSOG has Announced that AC DC Pros are shipping!

#455 6 years ago

I find it interesting they are shipping Pros already and they can't even reveal the Premiums. I am considering buying one of these, but would like to know what the Premiums look like before deciding.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I find it interesting they are shipping Pros already and they can't even reveal the Premiums. I am considering buying one of these, but would like to know what the Premiums look like before deciding.

Wonder if they're holding off to get a few more sales of the Pros?

1 week later
#457 6 years ago

I totally want a premium, but they're so far out? i will end up changing my mind before they actually available. Stern, sell me a premium now!

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I totally want a premium, but they're so far out? i will end up changing my mind before they actually available. Stern, sell me a premium now!

They didn't announce a premium because the lines are going to be tied up with Star Wars for now.

#459 6 years ago

I am in the same boat,Waiting until I see the premium.I guess I'll just keep buying lottery tickets for now so I can have a shot at a luci someday!lol.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Go buy this one - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50317

Priced below what the remake will probably cost with Stern's continual price increases plus has a lot of desirable mods. If you don't like them, sell them and convert back to stock and pocket the money difference.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Go buy this one

UG so many great deals are in Cali

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Go buy this one - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50317
Priced below what the remake will probably cost with Stern's continual price increases plus has a lot of desirable mods. If you don't like them, sell them and convert back to stock and pocket the money difference.

I would buy this one if it was local. Great deal. That being said, I called my distributer and they said the premium remake is the same price as current DMD premiums (less than this one). Again this is still the better deal considering all the mods. Not even close actually.

4 weeks later
#463 6 years ago

Any updates on the Premium VE? Will this be the same as the original premium minus Phil's image?

#464 6 years ago

I really hope so. I have a deposit down on a premium. Can't wait. I've wanted one since the first run.

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Any updates on the Premium VE?

Thanksgivingish according to Stern. Something to look forward to for sure!

Along with turkey and football (although the season will be more than half over by then).

#466 6 years ago

Should we take bets that this updated premium won't have the complete red armor?

#467 6 years ago

I've been thinking about this lately. wouldn't surprise me a bit.

3 weeks later
#468 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Any updates on the Premium VE? Will this be the same as the original premium minus Phil's image?

I´m still waiting too, why anybody have pics of the new AC DC premium VE yet ? Also anybody knows if the same subwoofer will be installed.... ?

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from Culibri:

I´m still waiting too, why anybody have pics of the new AC DC premium VE yet ? Also anybody knows if the same subwoofer will be installed.... ?

Fall reveal, I believe.

2 weeks later
#470 6 years ago

Pictures of the VE Premium pls

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Pictures of the VE Premium pls

I was interested in buying a Premium, but Stern is taking too long given the many other choices available. I just bought a TNA instead.

#472 6 years ago

I know they said they won't make them again, but I have a serious gut feeling it's gonna be LUCI and they don't want to disrupt early SW sales. Either way I'm all in on TNA as well, nothing like it out there!

#473 6 years ago

Does anyone know if these will be shipped with the S.A.M. or SPIKE?

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

SAM

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

The electronics will be SAM, but the cabinets will be the new Spike style.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

There is a thread on the new pro, it appears the cab is different than the new spike systems, probably due to the extra weight inside.

#478 6 years ago

Link to the thread? I'm very interested in these new vault models. Haven't tried original pro but the premium is an amazing game in all aspects, gameplay, design, sound and lights. I'm not a fan of the sub playfield. They could skip that.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Link to the thread? I'm very interested in these new vault models. Haven't tried original pro but the premium is an amazing game in all aspects, gameplay, design, sound and lights. I'm not a fan of the sub playfield. They could skip that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/daveh-is-a-hypocrite#post-3884358

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Hey that's my thread! And yes, it is the old style SAM cabinet. I posted pictures in there of the corners, and the cab on my AC/DC Pro VE is like my Tron cabinet. It's not like my Game of Thrones (SPIKE) was. The differences were obvious as soon as I pulled it out of the box. It does have the metal head, so really it would be closer to IMVE. The cab feels nice and solid, just like it should be.

And I have to admit, I was very worried it would be the newer cabinet style. I would have ended up reinforcing it, and probably replacing the legs and plates. But it's a "real" cab.

#481 6 years ago

Stern switched to the metal head during SAM with Star Trek I believe.

Also the SW LE models have the old school reinforced brackets on the front legs and an additional corner brace. Wonder if the Premiums will have it too?

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hey that's my thread! And yes, it is the old style SAM cabinet. I posted pictures in there of the corners, and the cab on my AC/DC Pro VE is like my Tron cabinet. It's not like my Game of Thrones (SPIKE) was. The differences were obvious as soon as I pulled it out of the box. It does have the metal head, so really it would be closer to IMVE. The cab feels nice and solid, just like it should be.
And I have to admit, I was very worried it would be the newer cabinet style. I would have ended up reinforcing it, and probably replacing the legs and plates. But it's a "real" cab.

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. I wasn't aware there was a cabinet difference between SAM/SPIKE. From what I understand when reading your posts, the SAM variant is the better one?

How do you feel the new PRO model stack up against the older machines? As mentioned, I haven't played an original PRO. I will not be able to afford a new VE Premium either way so I'm looking in the new PRO direction instead. Simply...is it good enough. The original Premium was packed with goodies. I don't want to buy the new VE Pro and feel like I didn't get the whole package so to say.

EDIT: Maybe I should've posted this in your thread instead. I will follow that one. Please keep posting your thoughts and finds there too.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. I wasn't aware there was a cabinet difference between SAM/SPIKE. From what I understand when reading your posts, the SAM variant is the better one?
How do you feel the new PRO model stack up against the older machines? As mentioned, I haven't played an original PRO. I will not be able to afford a new VE Premium either way so I'm looking in the new PRO direction instead. Simply...is it good enough. The original Premium was packed with goodies. I don't want to buy the new VE Pro and feel like I didn't get the whole package so to say.
EDIT: Maybe I should've posted this in your thread instead. I will follow that one. Please keep posting your thoughts and finds there too.

The Pro and the Premium of AC/DC are very different animals.

On your first question, the Pro stacks up better than the original. They built it similar to the way they built Iron Man VE. It feels solid all around. The reason it's better than the original Pro is... well I hated "the face". I just couldn't look at it.

As for Pro vs Prem, like I said, same rules (almost), but different games. I find the Pro to be much faster and mine feels brutal. The Prem has a more relaxed pace of play. But they are both great games. I chose the Pro because I never liked the lower playfield that much. It's fine, but it wasn't required to me. It also is more fragile a playfield because of it (I have seen too many ghosted windows). I'd like to have the drops, but not the bridge. So overall I find the Pro a better value. But that's just me. I like brutal games.

Is it "good enough" to stack up? I love it, but I knew I would. I love the game itself, and the software was already done, so I knew what I was getting. I'd HIGHLY recommend playing a Pro first though. If you lived near me I'd invite you over to try it.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The Pro and the Premium of AC/DC are very different animals.
On your first question, the Pro stacks up better than the original. They built it similar to the way they built Iron Man VE. It feels solid all around. The reason it's better than the original Pro is... well I hated "the face". I just couldn't look at it.
As for Pro vs Prem, like I said, same rules (almost), but different games. I find the Pro to be much faster and mine feels brutal. The Prem has a more relaxed pace of play. But they are both great games. I chose the Pro because I never liked the lower playfield that much. It's fine, but it wasn't required to me. It also is more fragile a playfield because of it (I have seen too many ghosted windows). I'd like to have the drops, but not the bridge. So overall I find the Pro a better value. But that's just me. I like brutal games.
Is it "good enough" to stack up? I love it, but I knew I would. I love the game itself, and the software was already done, so I knew what I was getting. I'd HIGHLY recommend playing a Pro first though. If you lived near me I'd invite you over to try it.

How does the swinging bell on the Pro compare to the Premium? I've played the standard Pro without the swinging bell and ruled it out because the bell is such a cool feature on the Premium.

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How does the swinging bell on the Pro compare to the Premium? I've played the standard Pro without the swinging bell and ruled it out because the bell is such a cool feature on the Premium.

It's different. However they have improved it by having a bell in the Pro.

On the Premium it swings a lot more. Plus it is controlled to swing more. It also has a scoop, and an exit trail behind it. On the Pro it is just mechanical to hit the switch behind it. No exit lane needed because the ball cant get behind the bell. Also (opinion), the bracket of the bell on the Pro interferes a bit with the sightline of the jukebox. Not a deal breaker, but the bracket on the Premium is a lot better.

Finally, they added a plate that surrounds the clapper on the VE. I thought I'd be removing it, but I like how it blocks the sight of the switch behind the bell. From the side it's uglier, bit while playing, it looks cooler than the bell on the "LED" version from a while back.

#486 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for your input Dave. I hated the face too. And the game looked like crap with its original bulbs. The Premium light show is superb.

When you say bridge, do you mean the rail from the train that goes across? I never figured what that did, is it only a diverter when the cannon shot is lit?

1 week later
#487 6 years ago

Stern has the manual for the Premium Vault edition up on the website. Parts manual shows the armor will be gloss red. The first page shows the translite image without the drummer.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Stern has the manual for the Premium Vault edition up on the website. Parts manual shows the armor will be gloss red. The first page shows the translite image without the drummer. The drummer is also missing in the animated band in the top right corner.

Good find.....announcement imminent?

#489 6 years ago

I see the sub woofer is only 8" now, instead of 12" like the original

#490 6 years ago

Seems that the window of the miniplayfield is now removeable

#491 6 years ago

Something tells me the original is going to hold its value pretty well despite the Vault release

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Something tells me the original is going to hold its value pretty well despite the Vault release

Works for me, I've been too busy to get my shit together to sell my Premium before the Vault stuff hits.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I see the sub woofer is only 8" now, instead of 12" like the original

Doesn't really matter - all the stock speakers are crap

#494 6 years ago

It looks like the VE has the improved auto-launch assembly.-I've been meaning to upgrade my original to this.

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Doesn't really matter - all the stock speakers are crap

Nice to have the option to slip in an aftermarket 12" on the original. SQ from that is excellent

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Nice to have the option to slip in an aftermarket 12" on the original. SQ from that is excellent

That's what I did with my AC/DC. Just got the FF speakers for my SW. The stock speakers are way too tinny. FF speakers smooth that out and boost the bass so the whole machine shakes with the low frequencies. Don't know why so many people don't like them...

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's what I did with my AC/DC. Just got the FF speakers for my SW. The stock speakers are way too tinny. FF speakers smooth that out and boost the bass so the whole machine shakes with the low frequencies. Don't know why so many people don't like them...

Which exact ones?

Rob

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have FF speakers in my MMR LE, LOTR LE, and Metallica Pro...my other games are JJP and the speaker system is much better than most stern stock machines.....adding an external sub is easy and cheap...highly recommended ....

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

adding an external sub is easy and cheap...highly recommended ....

That's true, but it doesn't remove the tinniness...and runs $80 to $100...the FF speaker set is $145 plus shipping.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Which exact ones?
Rob

These ones...

https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-10-high-output-woofer.html

My friend played the game with me and commented on the sound, saying if he got Star Wars, he would immediately put the upgraded speakers in. Huge difference.

#500 6 years ago

PS - Sorry we kind of hijacked the thread. Back to ACDC...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed/page/10?hl=brian541 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.