35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 6 years ago

So, nowhere does it say 'final update'.....

Still time for cannon modes?

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Lyman is awesome. You have to wonder on the retirement rumors. Adding Tim and team isn't in addition, but it's torch-passing time.

Not sure how old this rumor is, but no one has come out and denied it so it's looking more plausible.

So, maybe final polish to all his past games before leaving and bedding the new guys in.

Damn shame if true.

#148 6 years ago

On Stern's FB page, they were asked if code is now done.

This was their response. For some reason it won't load. It's a Gif and says Maaaybee...........

My interpretation is that this is not the final update

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Hopefully we get the cannon modes at some point. It's already a masterpiece, but it's annoying to have 3 inserts in the middle of the playfield that don't do anything.
I would also like to see big rewards for working your way through songs and a mini wizard mode (make that one of the cannon modes maybe) for getting through half the songs. This could help balance the strategy out vs going for song jackpots.

AC/DC might be Stern's best seller ever so if they add cannon modes plus mini wizard it could also be the best coded game ever and no doubt more sales will ensue.

Adding more code has got to be a cost effective way of selling the older titles.

#164 6 years ago

Simple idea.

People want mini wizard mode after 6 songs?

People want cannon modes coded?

Maybe make the mini wizard mode all about the cannon inserts and then it won't be over used?

Maybe have timed shots at the drop targets or knock all 5 down, that kind of thing, with big jackpots.

Might not be the best idea but it's simple and solves 2 issues

3 weeks later
#269 6 years ago

Nice news that Lyman has confirmed more update ( s ).

Makes sense to balance out the songs as otherwise it's boring when everybody keeps picking Hell's Bells in tournaments.

So, the game is going to get better

No mention if anything will happen with the cannon inserts but presumably Oi mania will be fixed.

1 week later
#280 6 years ago

And more goodness coming according to those who spoke to Lyman at TPF

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I didn't speak to Lyman @TPF but would like some more goodness too.

One of the guys at Head2Head podcast did.

There could be rewards or something coming after 3, 6 and 9 songs are completed.

Great way to use those cannon inserts as well.

Would be fantastic if this does actually happen

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would be thrilled with something after the sixth song, but this would make me ecstatic!

The game certainly deserves this kind of update. Stern's best selling title ever?

At the moment going for Encore is like a mega long journey with no breaks. Don't think I could even get there as it's pretty tough.

Breaking the journey with rewards and accomplishments at different stages would really enhance this game.

Let's hope it happens

1 week later
#291 6 years ago

Do the cannon inserts do anything?

I notice they light up a lot and if it is the case they really do nothing, surely better to not light up at all?

2 months later
#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's still coming, just gotta have patience and the wait will certainly be worth it.
Rob

Hope so!

As a relatively new owner, the game screams for some kind of reward/mini wizard mode after 6 songs. Going from 1 - 12 with no rewards, is super tough.

1 month later
#311 5 years ago

As we wait for the broken Oi Mania to be fixed, I am really hoping for something to be added after completing 6 songs.

The game would be much better balanced and more fun for those of us who are going to mega struggle to complete 12 songs.

In Lyman we trust

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That would be cool, but I would rather see the canon inserts do something first.

Agree - but they could be used in the mini-wizard mode.

#314 5 years ago

Another thing.

Anyone think the triple multiball should award more points as at the moment there is not a big enough incentive to stack the multiballs?

#333 5 years ago

Also on old code, waiting for oi mania to be fixed and hopefully a few more surprises.

4 weeks later
#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I don't know. When it will be fixed? And are you sure about that ?

Oi Mania probably.

I love this game but don't agree with others that the code is a masterpiece..... yet.

It is so unbalanced having the 12 song slog to Encore.

It desperately needs something to break up the journey - a short mini wizard mode at 6 songs would encourage song completion.

Otherwise very little incentive to finish songs quickly as Encore is super hard to get to.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd be happy with a menu setting that allows you to qualify Encore at 6 songs completed. It's such an epic wizard mode and deserves to be seen more often. If it was 6 songs I would try for it every game vs. never trying for it at 12 songs.

I agree that having a menu setting for Encore qualification makes a ton of sense. I think I would set mine to 8 as it would feel in reach.

At least you can change the amount of shots needed to finish individual songs - that provides a quicker route to Encore.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Deep may not the most accurate way to describe the software but it is incredibly complex and strategic. I still don't fully understand the rules but this is probably the most descriptive explanation I've seen
http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4761-For-Those-About-to-Rock-AC-DC-Premium-LE-v1-65-Ruleset

Phew - great summary!

I agree complex, not deep.

Really hope the next update is before Xmas.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I know it's only been 6 years, but at some point, you are going to have to accept that one. They obviously had a different design for the cannon rules when they initially designed the game, and then found out it was bad. So they decided to not go down that road.
This happens a lot in design. Unfortunately with a pinball machine, you are building things out of wood plastic and metal. So changing it later isn't possible. If they had known before the playfield design went out to the CNC machine, maybe they could have changed it. But once they were cutting wood, it was over. I just ignore them on my game, except for the occasional time when I think about trying to write good design specs.
So let's put this one to bed. The game is amazing. Fix the Oi thing of course, but the cannon is used enough in the game. I don't want more stuff around that one toy.

It would be super easy to make everyone happy.

If Lyman were to add something at songs 3, 6 and 9 , then those cannon inserts could be used.

Cannon could be used in a minor way in each mode, to start or finish the mode maybe.

Then the rest of the mode will be other shots from the flippers.

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

AC/DC already has this. You adjust the number of songs needed to collect (shots) in order to change to your next song. It's just like MET in the reduction of shots needed to progress. You don't have an option to reduce the number of CIU for EOL from 5 (yes, EOL is the fifth CIU mode) to 3. If you want to get to encore just reduce the number of songs needed to collect (shots) to the min and then focus on that. Doing this encore isn't that hard to reach especially if you are playing for it. Remember, you need to play for points or encore with this game. If you are playing to max your points you will never see Encore, but if your goal is encore then it's much more achievable than you think. Get dial in on your ramps. Chose a song, go into MB, shoot your needed song shots and out of MB change to the next song. Rinse and repeat. If you reduce the number of shots needed for each song then you don't even have to shoot the risky ones. If you bump it down to just 6 all you need to shoot are shook me (pops), Rosie (top inlanes), Train (Left ramp), One of the Hell songs, can't recall (Right Ramp), War Machine (left loop), and finish with the right orbit (don't recall this song either). That's your 6th shot and allows you to select your next song. It's when you have to complete TNT, Back in Black, For those about to Rock that things get dicey as those 3 are all stupid dangerous shots.
The above doesn't make Encore simple or "easy" to get but it does make it very obtainable for those with decent skill on a good game. If that is still not easy enough then set replay to extra balls and set your replays accordingly. Maybe 1st at 50 million, second at 100 million and 3rd at 200 million. You now have at min a 6 ball game to get their on a decent scoring game. If that combined with the above strategy is still to hard then I'm sorry, you just have to play better
I post this not to be an "ass" but to show that the game already gives you options to make Encore more achievable for most players.

Unbalanced? What???? This game is dang near perfectly balanced. What mode puts things out of reach (Even Encore isn't that valuable). Their aren't any modes that I can think of that are stupid more valuable than others to where if one player gets it the other player has no chance of catching up. The only real blow up in AC/DC is the song jackpot and being able to triple it but that aspect has zero amount of luck to it and any player can blow that up at any given chance on every ball.
The advantage to quick song completion is the growth in mode values of your shots. Also, changing songs can be very lucrative if done in the right order for Album and Tour MB. If you aren't changing your song before going into one of these MB's (and you aren't already in the right song) then you are missing out on big potential points. Collecting your song jackpot without resetting it is HUGE.

Maybe unbalanced was the wrong choice of words.

It's just that Encore feels like a very long journey with no stops along the way, so something half way, however simple would break up the journey and give a reward for half completion.

Does Encore award 100 million?

So, maybe a 50 million jackpot for 6 songs completed?

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One of my favorite things in acdc is playing through a few songs on one ball then getting shots at Super lanes, super targets, super combos, etc... jackpots.

Why?

Didn't think those things were worth going for?

Am I missing a trick?

1 month later
#400 5 years ago

Wonder if the new code will come this year or not?

Oi mania fix plus hopefully other stuff

#403 5 years ago

So, someone at Expo says another ( last ) run of AC/DC at the end of the year.

Any chance we will get Oi Mania fixed?

Another update might push sales....

I so hope Lyman could add a mini-encore mode at 6 songs.

It would be awesome

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Unless Lyman pulls a rabbit out of his coding gloves no update this year according to Gomez's code release slide during his presentation at expo. Would love to be surprised though.

I saw that slide but if it's true they are doing a final AC/DC run, wouldn't it make sense to get the fix out?

Lets see when BM66 1.0 comes out as that would indicate Lyman might have time to do it - hopefully.

4 weeks later
#432 5 years ago

Bit more hopeful we may get some surprises in the future after the latest MET update

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's nothing coded. Says you got oi mania, and then nothing.
Wonder if Lyman is pulling from the think tank to complete this game (which is ok by me). And in case he's reading, and needs some ideas...
1. Anytime you switch songs, add +5 mil to the song jackpot.
2. For oi mania, live version of TNT will be played - if you have not played TNT to this point then it will count towards your progression to encore. You have 45 secs to complete all 12 song objectives; a small song jackpot boost will occur after each song objective and completing the 12th objective will double the song jackpot. Then cash in the final shot / jackpot with the cannon - hit Lightning bolt. if you successfully do this, you will be awarded an extra ball + 3 VIP passes. The ball saver will be active for 5 secs for each song completed leading up to oi mania to a maximum of 9 songs (45 secs max); and all other features will be turned off during oi mania (i.e. no progressing or starting multi balls). At anytime, you can use the lockdown bar button to activate the cannon and load it - hit lightning bolt and cash out of the mode and resume standard play, but your ball saver will go away 3 secs after doing so (if it was still active) and F-I-R-E lanes reset to 3. At the end of the timer, if you did not cash out your song jackpot; the song jackpot will reset to 1 mil and standard play resumes with TNT still playing and the jukebox lit.
3. Have songs continue playing from ball to ball.

Like the add 5 million to song bonus as it gives incentive to switch songs.

I am still hoping something will be added after song 6, to break up the journey to encore, a destination I am unlikely to get to!

2 weeks later
#454 5 years ago

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/12/11/episode-73-inside-the-mind-of-lyman-sheats/

Great interview!

Lyman talks about AC/DC code.

Says he has already done a multiball/mini-wizard mode after 6 songs!

But, he is not sure if he is going to put into the game.

I REALLY hope he puts it in

If it is a high scoring MB, it will add a ton of strategy as completing 6 songs becomes an additional goal.

Do other people want him to add this feature after 6 songs???

#459 5 years ago

Looking good!

Will post in the owners thread as well.

Would be so frustrating knowing he has coded it, but decided not to include it!

#466 5 years ago

Seems like Lyman is going to be pretty popular if this is implemented

#469 5 years ago

Well, if Lyman is listening, feedback is positive for something after 6 songs.

Wonder if this happens, if it will happen same time as oi mania fix?

Early 2019?

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

In minority here but I would love to see a mini wizard mode at 6 but I would prefer it to not be a MB though. Game is already so MB heavy, I'd rather see a cool single ball mode but wouldn't be upset if it was a MB. Just prefer single.

Or maybe a 2 ball MB, with a massive SJ somewhere like CFTBL...

3 weeks later
#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Not that I'm aware of. Reference the game code release notes -- it's quite descriptive: http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ACD170LE-README.TXT
TL;DR....
- Jam & Tour MB are easier to qualify. And the subsequent MB's of all three types are easier to get to.
- Added new "STUFF" awards that can be collected from Tunes n Stuff via R loop to upper saucer (after completing a set of Devil Horns shots)
- Big changes to BIB and LTBR modes, making them easier, more lucrative, and more interesting.
- Increased scoring to FTATR, TNT, and R&RTrain modes
Here's a gameplay video: http://tiltforums.com/t/4-acdc-luci-videos-by-pinball-mayhem/3838
Here's some competition play that I believe is all post-1.70 (the first four links) https://pinballvideos.com/m/ac-dc

Looking forward to the oi mania fix.

And still hoping Lyman adds whatever he has created for completing 6 songs.

Please

6 months later
#495 4 years ago

Still hoping for the oi mania fix

2 weeks later
#498 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Another Batman update has also been in the works, but really hope Lyman will give ACDC a final polish.

At the very least, please fix oi mania.

Pretty please

1 week later
#503 4 years ago

Anyone hear any rumors if oi mania gets fixed this year?

Love these extra awards, and oi mania sounds like it will be a blast to play!

Still dreaming of the 'thing' after 6 songs as well

Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL
- Increased DEVIL HORNS value.
- Changed the presentation of the lights for Tunes N Stuff:
- JUKEBOX horns blinking = JUKEBOX lit to change a song.
- Tunes N Stuff light BLINKING = JUKEBOX lit for Tunes N Stuff.
(If the JUKEBOX is lit ONLY to change a song, then the
Tunes N Stuff light will be SOLID.)

4 weeks later
#510 4 years ago

Anyone else think that if you stack Jam, Album and Tour that there should be more incentive/rewards?

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not sure. I could be totally misunderstanding. I rarely get it, I just always thought that was the case.
Looks like you’re right. But I also found this:
In addition to the usual jackpots, a triple multiball jackpot is available at the Bell. It’s lit at the start of MB, after making one of each type of jackpot, the triple jackpot at the bell relights and is worth the total of the other jackpots collected.

That is intriguing!

How big would the jackpot be on 3x?

Feels like it needs to be big, to make it worth going for.

#521 4 years ago

Bit late on this topic, but what was the thinking of not being able to use VIP pass to keep the p/f multiplier going?

I am toying with the idea of going back to the last code, whilst waiting for the next update, as using VIP to keep bell going was a blast.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure it was fun, but resulted in everyone only playing one song all the time. Plus, much more rewarding to get to that next multiplier by shooting the bell and surviving it. If I can just trap up and spend 6 VIPs to get to 3x then shoot the cannon for a massive jackpot, it takes away from the adrenaline rush of doing it the hard way.

I see what you mean and I guess that is why it was done.

I seem to only use VIP to try and continue a MB.

Curious if there is anywhere else they could be used?

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I was getting the triple jackpots at the bell for around ~3m each, collected a few, then with multiplier and inlane x got one for around 16m, pretty good points and a feature I never knew about since I always avoided stacking all 3 MB’s

I tested the triple stack and got tons of triple jackpots, multiplied 2 and 3x.

As a strategy, the reward seems way too low to bother stacking?

Can score and progress by going the single MB route.

Would be nice is the reward was massively upped to promote this as a strategy.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it might be a little low, but it’s still good to go for.
Only time I’ve ever seen jackpots in a single MB be anywhere near 10-15mm was for a SJP which is nearly impossible to get to. With the triple MB, it’s pretty easy to get 4-5 of these in one MB.
Pretty easy to setup a triple MB too. Get jam ready first. Then tour, then album. I’ve found if going for this, I can get there pretty regularly on ball one.
For now it’s more of a keep in the back of your mind should you have triple MB ready.

In testing mode, I didn't go higher than maybe 4 million, even with 3x playfield.

How do you get 10 - 15 million?

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

3-5 million base. 3x playfield gets you to 10-15 million. I was getting well over 3mm no multipliers.

So, I stacked the 3 MB's.

Collected one JP of each.

Keep hitting bell.

Base was like half a million or something?

Am I missing anything?

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

But the most important aspect is the *opportunity cost* of doing the Triple MB: giving up the individual MB's that allow you the safety of MB to score/build your Song mode/jackpot. I haven't run a thorough analysis, but I'd argue that even with the Tripe Jacks available on a difficult-to-set up Triple MB, that also costs you the possibility to playing three separate MB's (or more! because I can get multiple Jams for every one instance of Album or Tour). And three (or more) of those individual MB's being able to extend it via VIP add-a-ball, vs only getting one VIP add-a-ball in your solitary Triple MB.
Advantage? Play your individual MB's.
Still cool to experiment and have fun with Triple MB and Triple Jacks -- but not worth it when compared to your options.

And therefore hope Lyman tweaks the triple stack to make it really worthwhile to go for.

At the moment, you don't really want to stack MB's, unless experimenting and having fun.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Maybe the triple stack would be a good time to activate the lower playfield for simultaneous play.

Great idea.

Maybe just for a minute or so but big scoring.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Challenge. 300mm song jackpot. Go.

With new code what song most likely to get this?

On old code Hells Bells made this achievable.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No quick way to get there, but I’ve been close with a combo of tnt, hell’s bells and thunderstruck. And like 10 Multiballs. Haha

I guess get to 100m, then get 3x and boom!

Think my adrenalin would be off the scale

1 month later
#553 4 years ago

Gone back to 1.68 while we wait for the oi-mania fix.

I know it's unbalanced but Hell's Bell's is so much fun on 1.68

Just hoping Lyman adds the 'thing' he has coded for completing 6 songs as that really would make the journey to encore seem less of a grind.

3 months later
#554 4 years ago

Quick question!

Pinball browser.

Is it possible to add call outs after songs 3, 6 and 9?

Thinking something like 'Half way to Encore, well done'! After song 6 for example.

I just need something to break the journey to Encore and there isn't a 'how many songs' complete insert or anything.

3 months later
#559 3 years ago

Being greedy would like higher scoring on lower playfield as players seem to avoid unless targeting encore.

Encore would be more fun with something after 6 songs.

Finishing 6 songs is tough for many of us!

3 months later
#562 3 years ago

BM66 has had so much love, so yes, it's frustrating that AC/DC has had this Oi Mania bug for so long.

This game deserves to be finished and in Lyman we trust

#563 3 years ago

Curious if people think rules are balanced?

For the average player encore seems a million miles away and very little incentive, if any to attempt to play for it?

I know that when I play I never think about finishing songs to progress.

Am I missing anything or is the game unbalanced?

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I think the game is pretty well balanced. The only incentive to go for Encore is to say you did it. When playing for score/competition, going for the wizard mode is rarely a good strategy for any game.
P.S. Please don't post in this thread unless there's an AC/DC code update.

No update yet - sorry!

But isn't that a contradiction as I have heard that Encore is one of THE best wizard modes in pinball?

I guess I was hoping too much for something after 6 songs,, a kind of half way to Encore celebration.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Encore is a bad ass wizard mode. I don’t know how I feel about a halfway (6 song) wizard mode. It takes long enough to complete all 12 songs, I wouldn’t want something added that prolongs it even more - unless your success on this halfway point wizard mode counts towards speeding up the Progression of the last 6 songs.

That would be awesome.

A touch of SOS in some shape or form.

I can dream

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Cool thought,
Maybe each song that you “complete” by hitting all 12 song requests, equals -1 to the song requests to lite change song?
But in all reality, LFS is just doing additional code to this game because he wants to. Anyone complaining about ACDC code is just bitching to bitch.
It’s a masterpiece, oi mania wasn’t even a thing till the last update, now it’s a complaint that it isn’t there?

Disagree.

Complaining isn't the same as wanting an improvement.

Yes, it is a masterpiece.

Yes, Lyman is awesome for having pride in his work to offer continued improvements.

And it is a fact that as it stands Oi Mania is broken.

So, for this, yes, it is fine to want it fixed!

3 weeks later
#572 3 years ago

Lyman is a legend, no doubt about that.

I was more thinking that Stern would have got a quick bug fix to the Oi Mania, in the first week or two.

From memory last update was when they did final run of games?

1 week later
#574 3 years ago

AC/DC got the same reception as GnR is getting when it came out in 2012 as everyone was blown away by the light shows.

Stern's best selling pin?

What a great time to make the best even better?

#576 3 years ago

Maybe a code update is a shot in the dark?

Could have fun with that song on a pinball game!

2 weeks later
#585 3 years ago

While we wait for Oi Mania, I was thinking the Tunes n Stuff would be more fun if random awards?

Thoughts while we wait?

2 weeks later
#594 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I love how Stern/Lyman is just content to leave BS like this for years.

To be fair, I expect Lyman wants this done but Stern aren't giving him 'work' time to do it in, so it is his free time.

2 weeks later
#596 3 years ago

Presuming Oi Mania does finally get fixed, but a substantive update is not forthcoming, would be great for a few additional call outs.

Would love Ritchie to do a few calls out, as progressing to Encore.

Even one half way would be great.

And keep thinking more fanfare when you get a song jackpot in album and tour multiball, as it's the main reason for playing them.

Simple tweaks, can make a big difference.

Looking like 2021, if anything going to happen.

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

This reminds me of the one time I tried loading the AC/DC code into Pinball Browser, and I was surprised at the number of (evidently unused) speech calls by Steve Ritchie in that code image.
I mean, there's TONS of speech in there that's never heard during gameplay. I swear, only about 10-15-20% of all the speech in it is actually used. No lie.
So no reason why it couldn't happen. It's already in there, just lying in a "dormant" state.

That is both good and bad news!

Who knows if any of them will ever make it into the game?

Can they be added using pinball browser?

1 week later
#600 3 years ago

What are the odds of Santa Lyman being in town this year?

#602 3 years ago

It's difficult for Lyman, I get that, as Stern aren't going to let him do it in work time.

But, surely Stern would allow a small patch to fix Oi Mania?

It's just a shame that an all time classic has a broken feature.

In the meantime I will keep trying to get to Encore

2 weeks later
#603 3 years ago

While there is a small chance of another update, I was thinking how you could make the lower playfield more exciting, and break the journey to Encore up a bit.

In simple behavioral terms, if there was a bigger payoff/reward when using lower playfield, people's associations would be more positive.

One simple idea.

After 3 songs completed, there is a 25m countdown jackpot to be collected on lower playfield by hitting a number of shots.

After 6 songs, it's a 50m countdown jackpot.

After 9 songs, 75m.

For me, this would make the journey to Encore feel much more rewarding and I would want to be in the lower playfield, instead of avoiding it.

Probably too late in the day, but I think this would be very rewarding.

2 weeks later
#612 3 years ago

Would be great if Tunes n Stuff was random, when it gets fixed.

Pure intermittent reinforcement, the greatest motivator on planet Earth!

I would be targeting those horns all the time if there was a random chance of getting Oi Mania, as it sounds like it will be great fun.

Let's hope it gets fixed.

3 weeks later
#613 3 years ago

I see LZ has a mini-wizard mode after 5 songs - half way.

- New mini-wizard mode Mothership Multiball!
- Qualified after 5 songs are completed (on default settings, this is at
5 gold records) and started at the upper eject shot.

Still hoping we get something similar

4 weeks later
#621 3 years ago

Nice explanation

I have had this game 3 years and enjoying it much more having adjusted the bell hits from 3 to 2.

I am even more focused on the 2x and 3x multiplier.

I thought it might be a bad idea doing this, but for me it's made the game way more fun, and a little less frustrating and I enjoy getting higher scores.

It makes zero difference to trying to get to encore.

Still hoping for the halfway to encore 'thing' in 2021

#627 3 years ago

I keep hearing Encore is one of the best wizard modes in pinball and yet it it elusive for all but the best tournament players.

KISS is a tough game and getting to the final wizard mode, Rock City, is super tough.

I have got very close to RC but never been remotely close to Encore.

8 or 9 songs is closest.

That's why something half way makes so much sense.

1 month later
#632 2 years ago

Well, looking less likely that Oi Mania will be fixed and maybe the thing being added after 6 songs.

Decided to take matters into my own hands and it's the first time in 15 years I have gone to 4 balls.

Also reduced song completion to 7 shots, instead of 8.

Even on this setting can't see myself getting Encore anytime soon, but the range of adjustments are huge, so will keep tweaking.

Encore is apparently one of the best wizard modes in pinball, so got to see it one day

1 month later
#634 2 years ago

I got Oi Mania last night.....

Man, I wish this bug would get fixed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code?tu=Shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.