35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
#301 5 years ago

Is just repeatedly playing Hells Bells or possibly Rock And Roll Train no longer the strategy du jour? Should I actually change songs now?

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hope so!
As a relatively new owner, the game screams for some kind of reward/mini wizard mode after 6 songs. Going from 1 - 12 with no rewards, is super tough.

Your reward for playing the game in the correct fashion (matching multiballs with album order and tour order) is huge jackpot payouts when you get it right.

rd

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from FlashDaddy:

Is just repeatedly playing Hells Bells or possibly Rock And Roll Train no longer the strategy du jour? Should I actually change songs now?

Rock and Roll train all day strategy? Can't say I've seen that one since launch....

Hells Bells was nerfed with the new code.

I generally play the song that fits best with the next multiball I'm going to be playing. I almost never play a mode in single ball play (on purpose).

#304 5 years ago

TNT is soo valuable now.

1 week later
#305 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

TNT is soo valuable now.

Agreed. I lost an event recently when my opponent racked up the points on TNT.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Agreed. I lost an event recently when my opponent racked up the points on TNT.

So are you saying TNT is explosive?

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

So are you saying TNT is explosive?

Yes, I am saying that!!!

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Yes, I am saying that!!!

are ya sayin Boom Goes the Dynamite!!

#309 5 years ago

IMG_0324.GIFIMG_0324.GIFIMG_0325.GIFIMG_0325.GIFIMG_0326.GIFIMG_0326.GIFIMG_0327.JPGIMG_0327.JPG

#310 5 years ago

What's different? TNT feels the same for me. Hurry up starts at 750k and goes down till you hit the center target. All shots are worth that value until you shoot them or hit TNT again. I've frequently used a VIP pass to lock in high value in that mode.

1 month later
#311 5 years ago

As we wait for the broken Oi Mania to be fixed, I am really hoping for something to be added after completing 6 songs.

The game would be much better balanced and more fun for those of us who are going to mega struggle to complete 12 songs.

In Lyman we trust

#312 5 years ago

As we wait for the broken Oi Mania to be fixed, I am really hoping for something to be added after completing 6 songs.
The game would be much better balanced and more fun for those of us who are going to mega struggle to complete 12 songs.
In Lyman we trust

That would be cool, but I would rather see the canon inserts do something first.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That would be cool, but I would rather see the canon inserts do something first.

Agree - but they could be used in the mini-wizard mode.

#314 5 years ago

Another thing.

Anyone think the triple multiball should award more points as at the moment there is not a big enough incentive to stack the multiballs?

#315 5 years ago

Another thing.
Anyone think the triple multiball should award more points as at the moment there is not a big enough incentive to stack the multiballs?

I'm for that,as well as something for completing 6 songs.

#316 5 years ago

Also perhaps some more incentive to go down to the lower playfield, maybe a percentage of your score.
And maybe a live music option.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Also perhaps some more incentive to go down to the lower playfield, maybe a percentage of your score.
And maybe a live music option.

I could have sworn their was a live music option. My game is in storage for 4 months so can't test it. Maybe someone else can confirm, but I thought it was a setting when they added the radio to the code.

#318 5 years ago

You can listen to Live songs in Radio mode. You can’t select them during gameplay however.

#319 5 years ago

Does the new code still have the bugs that were reported at release?

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does the new code still have the bugs that were reported at release?

I know that OI Mania doesn't work, so yeah.. I'm pretty sure. Waiting for a new update.

#321 5 years ago

How were you supposed to get to Oi mania?

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How were you supposed to get to Oi mania?

I believe it is the 3rd Tunes N Stuff award

Edit.. Confirmed as 5th award below.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I believe it is the 3rd Tunes N Stuff award

5th! Not easy to get to... and very disappointing when you do.

#324 5 years ago

What are Tunes a Stuff?

I’m not aware of these awards.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What are Tunes a Stuff?
I’m not aware of these awards.

They are what was added to the game from the new code.
Up at the top of the playfield in the hole where you change your song is a red insert arrow that says Tunes N Stuff.
All it used to do was Tunes. lol. Now it does Stuff as well.
Someone else can explain it better but basically you have to hit the devil horn inserts in a certain order as they flash and then Tunes N Stuff will flash to collect new game awards. One of them being a cool sounding OI mode where every switch you hit makes the game say OI.
Only it does not say anything.

#326 5 years ago

Doin yard work today but reading this thread made me wanna go crank on ACDC. Still on old code, but not very often I get the GC. You guys talkin about how lucrative Hells Bells is weren't lying. I never pick that track, just heard it too many times. But the bell was a-ringin baby!

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Still on old code....

WHY?!?! Please update today, and thank me later.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

WHY?!?! Please update today, and thank me later.

I'm a masochist.
Truth be told, the flash drive with new code installed is sitting in the pin gulp.

#329 5 years ago

Normal score for me is 20m-75m on a good day. 125m got me GC and that's the best game I've ever had on this bitch. Sunburn success I guess....

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Normal score for me is 20m-75m on a good day. 125m got me GC and that's the best game I've ever had on this bitch. Sunburn success I guess....

I predict a new GC score with the new code installed.

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Your scores will go up with the new scoring rules and the fact that it takes less shots to start all the main multiballs.

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I’d youre still on old code, watch the coast 2 coast pinball Keith Elwin tutorial... then go and try to blow your game up. I’m really not that great of a player, and I followed some tips from that video and managed to rattle off some crazy scores (for me)

#333 5 years ago

Also on old code, waiting for oi mania to be fixed and hopefully a few more surprises.

#334 5 years ago

I’m still running the old code as well as I have replaced 3 songs and the juke box plastic to match.

I don’t want to keep messing with the music until the code issues are solved.

#335 5 years ago

The song mode changes are worth updating IMO.
And I think the finished code will be worth the wait....

IMG_2506 (resized).JPGIMG_2506 (resized).JPG
#336 5 years ago

So are there actual live songs played somewhere in the game now?

Anyone able to load the new code into Pinball browser and make some changes for me?
Since we switched to a Mac I haven’t been able to get it to work properly.

If someone can help out send me a PM and I’ll let you know what 3 I need changed.

#337 5 years ago

If Live songs are or get enabled then we can have an AC/DC pinball and at the push of a button any other band or bands we like pin.
That would be awesome.

#338 5 years ago

Watchin that CtC Elwin video now. Thanks for recommending that 27dnast.
Freakin love how he starts the episode drinkin a beer. My hero.
I finally get the GC and y'all want me to UPDATE?!?! Not tonight baby, not tonight.

#339 5 years ago

I always thought MET was bolted to the floor but all I ever play now is Maiden and ACDC.
Is the update that good? I mean, this is my toughest pin by far. I'm all for makin it easier. Guess I should close the outlanes to start...duh.

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Watchin that CtC Elwin video now. Thanks for recommending that 27dnast.
Freakin love how he starts the episode drinkin a beer. My hero.
I finally get the GC and y'all want me to UPDATE?!?! Not tonight baby, not tonight.

It’s a good video - not sure how applicable it is to the new code, but his suggestions are super spot on for the old code! Definitely update when you get the grand champion!

Best, Todd

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So are there actual live songs played somewhere in the game now?

No, just in the radio mode.
But there are a couple adjustments in there that indicate something more happening with the live mode/live songs.
This is still one of my favorite games of all time, and still getting better.

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah, I haven’t updated yet ... still clinging on to the 800m high scores.

rd

3 weeks later
#343 5 years ago

I don't understand why Cannon inserts still do nothing 6 years after release. I mean, AC/DC is a great game, a big success for Stern, there was many code updates, last was some months ago, but there's still inserts that do nothing. How many pins have that?
Also the fact the Oi mania doesn't work, there's still not the possibility to not restart songs after drain etc...
Please Lyman finish the code of this great game!
I had a Pro and i'm going to buy a Premium first gen but i don't like the fact that Cannon inserts are just useless... It's possible to do something cool with that...

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I don't understand why Cannon inserts still do nothing 6 years after release. I mean, AC/DC is a great game, a big success for Stern, there was many code updates, last was some months ago, but there's still inserts that do nothing. How many pins have that?
Also the fact the Oi mania doesn't work, there's still not the possibility to not restart songs after drain etc...
Please Lyman finish the code of this great game!
I had a Pro and i'm going to buy a Premium first gen but i don't like the fact that Cannon inserts are just useless... It's possible to do something cool with that...

One of the three things you complain about will be fixed. Guess which one.

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

...AC/DC is a great game, a big success for Stern, there was many code updates, last was some months ago, but there's still inserts that do nothing. How many pins have that?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I own or have owned a number of games that have non-working or unfinished inserts!

Wheel of Fortune is probably the most famous of these...
Ghostbusters has a non-functional Librarian insert.
Not even Bally/Williams was immune - Champion Pub has a bunch of inserts in the right area of the game and above the right inlanes that have no function - though functionality can be restored by installing a switched gate.

AC/DC is hardly alone with this - and the inserts actually DO indicate something - even if it isn't very exciting. To me, this does not ruin the game in the least. I'd much rather have a very good game that has a couple of unused inserts than have a lame mode put in that gets in the way of gameplay just to use up the inserts...

Kevin

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

One of the three things you complain about will be fixed. Guess which one.

I don't know. When it will be fixed? And are you sure about that ?

#347 5 years ago

I think TOM has a poof target that does nothing also.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I don't know. When it will be fixed? And are you sure about that ?

Oi Mania probably.

I love this game but don't agree with others that the code is a masterpiece..... yet.

It is so unbalanced having the 12 song slog to Encore.

It desperately needs something to break up the journey - a short mini wizard mode at 6 songs would encourage song completion.

Otherwise very little incentive to finish songs quickly as Encore is super hard to get to.

#349 5 years ago

Oi Mania probably.
I love this game but don't agree with others that the code is a masterpiece..... yet.
It is so unbalanced having the 12 song slog to Encore.
It desperately needs something to break up the journey - a short mini wizard mode at 6 songs would encourage song completion.
Otherwise very little incentive to finish songs quickly as Encore is super hard to get to.

I'd be happy with a menu setting that allows you to qualify Encore at 6 songs completed. It's such an epic wizard mode and deserves to be seen more often. If it was 6 songs I would try for it every game vs. never trying for it at 12 songs.

#350 5 years ago

Has anyone ever made it to encore on a pro? Is just not feasible to make it there, so I play it for points. Would be cool to play through the songs, I just don't approach the pro that way because I feel it's impossible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/7?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.