35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg

There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes! the changes completely alter how you approach the game. Way more balanced now and feels like a new game with the extra layer of strategy of the mystery awards.

I agree.
However I have a hard time calling them mystery awards when I know what is coming every time

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm still wondering if OI mania could be stacked with a multiball.....
Rob

Since it doesn't currently work, it doesn't currently matter.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree.
However I have a hard time calling them mystery awards when I know what is coming every time

I suppose we can just call them the "n stuff awards".

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I suppose we can just call them the "n stuff awards".

Stuff you get from the horns shots.... I will call them "horny stuff".

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree.

What is the best way to build bonus on ACDC and what is the max multiplier? I find it very difficult to ever get any bonus above 20 million points and I don't think I have ever been above 30 million. Maybe the bonus just hits a plateau at a certain point?

Rob

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What is the best way to build bonus on ACDC and what is the max multiplier? I find it very difficult to ever get any bonus above 20 million points and I don't think I have ever been above 30 million. Maybe the bonus just hits a plateau at a certain point?
Rob

Youve had a 30M bonus?! Got me beat by about double...

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Youve had a 30M bonus?! Got me beat by about double...

No, never. I don't even know if it's possible. I think I've barely had over 20 a few times. I know song completions counts in the bonus total, but it goes by so fast I don't know what is counting. I would never expect crazy bonus counts like GoT or SW in this game, but with hold bonus now in the rules, the bonus does deserve a bit more thought from a player perspective.

Rob

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes! the changes completely alter how you approach the game. Way more balanced now and feels like a new game with the extra layer of strategy of the mystery awards.

Yes scoring seems more balanced and I have finally have Encore in my sights.

#259 6 years ago

Is OI Mania working at all? I know there's no display or sound effects but was wondering if the 7.5K/switch is even being scored.

I've managed to get OI Mania twice and still don't know if any extra points result from it or not.

#260 6 years ago

Best way to increase bonus is to collect the lane award (when the F, I, R or E is flashing) on the outlane when flashing. This is important in multiball as you really don't want to do that in single ball play for instance. Just avoid collecting on the inlane (2x the next shot) and if you are going to drain on the outlane move it to that lane to collect. This is your bonus multiplier. After a couple big balls will multiple MB's the highest I've gotten this to was 5x. Don't recall the total bonus but it was really lucrative.

#261 6 years ago

Does the new pro vaults handle this? Or is the new swinging bell not a magnet?

AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does the new pro vaults handle this? Or is the new swinging bell not a magnet?
AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)

The swinging bell is a magnet under the playfield.

Rob

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The swinging bell is a magnet under the playfield.
Rob

I'm pretty sure the Pro doesn't have a magnet under the bell even on the VE. Probably just gives you a hit on the stand up target behind the bell.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm pretty sure the Pro doesn't have a magnet under the bell even on the VE. Probably just gives you a hit on the stand up target behind the bell.

I meant the Premium/LE does. The pro/pro ve model does not.

Rob

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Best way to increase bonus is to collect the lane award (when the F, I, R or E is flashing) on the outlane when flashing. This is important in multiball as you really don't want to do that in single ball play for instance. Just avoid collecting on the inlane (2x the next shot) and if you are going to drain on the outlane move it to that lane to collect. This is your bonus multiplier. After a couple big balls will multiple MB's the highest I've gotten this to was 5x. Don't recall the total bonus but it was really lucrative.

Ah yes, thank you for the clarification. I didn't know you could get past 3x as that's the highest I have ever achieved.

Rob

#266 6 years ago

That's interesting. I seem to recall prior to this new code the Super Lanes (blinking) outlane awards went: Double Bonus, Triple Bonus, 10K, 11K, 12K, etc. If that goes up to 5X Bonus or beyond now I think that's a change not documented in the readme.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

That's interesting. I seem to recall prior to this new code the Super Lanes (blinking) outlane awards went: Double Bonus, Triple Bonus, 10K, 11K, 12K, etc. If that goes up to 5X Bonus or beyond now I think that's a change not documented in the readme.

On of those things to test with the glass off I guess. But I think 3x is max...

Rob

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This isn't really the bonus multiplier. The bonus multiplier is awarded from completing the top 3 lanes. The outlane is a total bonus multiplier after the main multiplier is all counted. I didn't test what the max outlane bonus achievable can be, but maybe later. Regular bonus multiplier can go pretty high it seems. Bonus hold will rock!!

I noticed the colordmd rom seems to stop colorizing bonus count after about 30x.

I've been testing the 5 target bank and trying to resolve 'bounce offs' without a target dropping. At first I made it worse, but now it's better. Out of 50 tests just now, maybe 3 or 4 bounced off and it's usually the center target. I will set the coil strength back to normal and see if that helps.

I wish there was a sling power adjustment so I could tone these suckers down just a tiny bit. That's mainly why I had soft coil setting. They have to be the strongest slings in any game I know of. Very fast!

Rob Ganshorn

#269 6 years ago

Nice news that Lyman has confirmed more update ( s ).

Makes sense to balance out the songs as otherwise it's boring when everybody keeps picking Hell's Bells in tournaments.

So, the game is going to get better

No mention if anything will happen with the cannon inserts but presumably Oi mania will be fixed.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice news that Lyman has confirmed more update ( s ).
Makes sense to balance out the songs as otherwise it's boring when everybody keeps picking Hell's Bells in tournaments.
So, the game is going to get better
No mention if anything will happen with the cannon inserts but presumably Oi mania will be fixed.

Just listened to Head 2 Head. And while it is not the original Lyman interview, it is nice to have confirmed that he is not happy with AC/DC in its current form.
More cool code is on the way to balance the songs out even more.

#271 6 years ago

Lyman is a treasure.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Lyman is a treasure.

Lyman is a limited resource. Stern needs to remember that. I can't believe he's not burned out yet.

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I was able to get Super Outlane 3X last night of the total bonus....Think I had completed 5 songs and had around 8-10X bonus from the top rollovers...my total bonus was 36MM.....Highest I can remember in a looooong time.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish there was a sling power adjustment so I could tone these suckers down just a tiny bit. That's mainly why I had soft coil setting. They have to be the strongest slings in any game I know of. Very fast!
Rob Ganshorn

Did the update make the game faster? I updated and waxed the playfield at the same time. First time I ever did either on a pin... Now the game is rocket ship. Could it be the code update? Figured it was the wax and it’ll slow down at some point. Can I slow this bad boy down. I used to clear 100mm once every once in a while and I can’t sniff it anymore. Should I even try to or suck it up and adjust?

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Gmarch:

Did the update make the game faster? I updated and waxed the playfield at the same time. First time I ever did either on a pin... Now the game is rocket ship. Could it be the code update? Figured it was the wax and it’ll slow down at some point. Can I slow this bad boy down. I used to clear 100mm once every once in a while and I can’t sniff it anymore. Should I even try to or suck it up and adjust?

It's probably just the wax making it faster. A fresh coat of wax will speed up all of my games for a while, then it's back to normal.

#276 6 years ago

Play better! - Steve Ritchie

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from Gmarch:

In my experience....you will get back in the "sweet spot" around 25-30 games from a fresh coat of wax. It will play just a little too fast for a while. I think I've put about 20 plays on the new code now and have only gotten above 100MM twice. It usually only takes 2-3 games for me to put up those scores. That being said...I have been suckered into trying to get "Tunes & Stuff" , so I have been firing a lot more shots at the pesky right orbit....feels so good when I actually hit that shot solid to go around to the saucer.

I also need to play better

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from Gmarch:

Did the update make the game faster?

Don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I seem to be getting more airballs after the update. Maybe the default coil strength was changed?

#279 6 years ago

Shrug, I thought my scores went UP after the code update. Been playing a lot of BIB and LTBR (neither of which I would have chosen before) as those shots, normally hit plenty accidentally during multiballs, build multipliers on your note shots. I've run up several 200-400M scores on what I would say is a PAPA-esque super fast premium. Nothing has changed with this game's play or being brutal. Backhand the left orbit/left ramp from the left flipper, backhand the right ramp from the right flipper. Good things happen. In fact, with -1 taken off each MB requirement, good things happen quicker. "Play better".

#280 6 years ago

And more goodness coming according to those who spoke to Lyman at TPF

#281 6 years ago

I didn't speak to Lyman @TPF but would like some more goodness too.

#282 6 years ago

Any time-frame estimate? I'm waiting until the fixed update is available as I am trying to avoid doing the pinball browser routine twice.

#283 6 years ago

Lyman - If by any chance you are reading this or have someone on your team that does. Please, I beg of you, please have the magnet catch the bell after a hit after a set amount of time if it senses that it is still swinging. I love seeing it swing but when it keeps swinging for most (sometimes all) of the time my 2x is going it's pretty frustrating not having a chance to hit the bell again to extend the time or get my 3x going. A magnet catch of the bell after 5 seconds or so would be awesome!

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Lyman - If by any chance you are reading this or have someone on your team that does. Please, I beg of you, please have the magnet catch the bell after a hit after a set amount of time if it senses that it is still swinging. I love seeing it swing but when it keeps swinging for most (sometimes all) of the time my 2x is going it's pretty frustrating not having a chance to hit the bell again to extend the time or get my 3x going. A magnet catch of the bell after 5 seconds or so would be awesome!

The one we have doesn't swing that long, in fact, I wish it would swing LONGER. I even did a magnet test to make sure it was working because the effect is so subtle.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The one we have doesn't swing that long, in fact, I wish it would swing LONGER. I even did a magnet test to make sure it was working because the effect is so subtle.

You won’t when you are trying to get 3x scoring because when the bell is moving it won’t register hits to it.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I could not agree more. This annoys me. Love that bell. My favorite toy in the game. But it needs to be slowed down by the magnet.

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I didn't speak to Lyman @TPF but would like some more goodness too.

One of the guys at Head2Head podcast did.

There could be rewards or something coming after 3, 6 and 9 songs are completed.

Great way to use those cannon inserts as well.

Would be fantastic if this does actually happen

#288 6 years ago

One of the guys at Head2Head podcast did.
There could be rewards or something coming after 3, 6 and 9 songs are completed.
Great way to use those cannon inserts as well.
Would be fantastic if this does actually happen

I would be thrilled with something after the sixth song, but this would make me ecstatic!

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would be thrilled with something after the sixth song, but this would make me ecstatic!

The game certainly deserves this kind of update. Stern's best selling title ever?

At the moment going for Encore is like a mega long journey with no breaks. Don't think I could even get there as it's pretty tough.

Breaking the journey with rewards and accomplishments at different stages would really enhance this game.

Let's hope it happens

#290 6 years ago

So what are the go-to songs for tournaments in the new code?

1 week later
#291 5 years ago

Do the cannon inserts do anything?

I notice they light up a lot and if it is the case they really do nothing, surely better to not light up at all?

#292 5 years ago

Do the cannon inserts do anything?
I notice they light up a lot and if it is the case they really do nothing, surely better to not light up at all?

They light with a successful canon shot to the targets. That's all they do.

2 months later
#293 5 years ago

I think I have found a bug.

I was having a longer than usual game. Changed the song a few times. Then played Thunderstruck. The voice of Steve Richie told me that the super jackpot was lit and to load the canon. Album mutliball was lit. I went up both ramps twice but was not awarded mutliball nor did the canon load. Then I drained!

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I was having a longer than usual game. Changed the song a few times. Then played Thunderstruck. The voice of Steve Richie told me that the super jackpot was lit and to load the canon. Album mutliball was lit. I went up both ramps twice but was not awarded mutliball nor did the canon load. Then I drained!

Once you get all the albums (jackpots) is when the super JP is lit, not 100% certain, but at that point I think album MB is complete, and the album insert stays lit solidly, and would flash again if the MB is ready.
Did you ever collect the super?

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Once you get all the albums (jackpots) is when the super JP is lit, not 100% certain, but at that point I think album MB is complete, and the album insert stays lit solidly, and would flash again if the MB is ready.
Did you ever collect the super?

This is correct. You can still shoot jackpots but at that point the insert is solid lit and determined to be "completed".

Speaking of code. Thought they were going to fix the bugs introduced with the new code. Most notably Oi mode

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

More
This is correct. You can still shoot jackpots but at that point the insert is solid lit and determined to be "completed".
Speaking of code. Thought they were going to fix the bugs introduced with the new code. Most notably Oi mode

If stern cloned Lyman, would they have to pay him double his salary? Or could they just pay the clone minimum wage?

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If stern cloned Lyman, would they have to pay him double his salary?

Pretty sure he would need to clone himself on his own time.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Pretty sure he would need to clone himself on his own time.

Haha that’s funny shit right there!

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's still coming, just gotta have patience and the wait will certainly be worth it.

Rob

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's still coming, just gotta have patience and the wait will certainly be worth it.
Rob

Hope so!

As a relatively new owner, the game screams for some kind of reward/mini wizard mode after 6 songs. Going from 1 - 12 with no rewards, is super tough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/6?hl=gmarch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.