35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

So whats wrong with the oi mode at present? Should i just wait till the fix

Oy!

#202 6 years ago

Doh frenzy and the hurry up sounds from TSPP are the main reason I can’t stand that game. Drives me nuts!

#203 6 years ago

has anyone updated the code that has a color dmd? I see a couple negative posts- is this something that those of us that have a color dmd wait for the update on our dmd first then do both at same time?? does anyone know if color dmd is working on an update (sure they are) and when it would be released???

#204 6 years ago

Still waiting on colordmd info myself. Have not upgraded yet.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My colordmd has been fine since upgrading.

#206 6 years ago

No issues with my color DMD.
We will be live streaming the game with new code and Color DMD Sunday night from 9-11 CST.
www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
Stop in for a bit and lets talk pinball.

#207 6 years ago

Is anyone else seeing HAABPTB on the plunge. It is happening to frequently (but not 100%). Trying to figure out if the software changed the block out logic (introducing a bug), or if my switch needs adjustment (gate bouncing).

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Waiting on color dmd and MikeD both before updating. Hoping both are updated soon.

#209 6 years ago

Any updates on why this isn’t working with pinball browser?

#210 6 years ago

Well....here we go....updating

20180217_173739 (resized).jpg20180217_173739 (resized).jpg

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Is anyone else seeing HAABPTB on the plunge. It is happening to frequently (but not 100%). Trying to figure out if the software changed the block out logic (introducing a bug), or if my switch needs adjustment (gate bouncing).

Mine isn't doing that.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

No issues with my color DMD.
We will be live streaming the game with new code and Color DMD Sunday night from 9-11 CST.
http://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
Stop in for a bit and lets talk pinball.

No issues on my pro with a ColorDMD on new code...

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

No issues on my pro with a ColorDMD on new code...

There seems to be a few minor things missed with the colorization of this game, regardless of the update. I think high scores at end of game is one of them.

Rob

#214 6 years ago

Anyone having issues with TNT targets not registering? I reinstalled the update just in case but they were working before. Now none of the 4 switches register in game or in test. They worked one time only after the reinstall because the lights went out as the drops fell but then nothing. If nobody else is having the issues then I will start a separate thread to figure it out.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Anyone having issues with TNT targets not registering? I reinstalled the update just in case but they were working before. Now none of the 4 switches register in game or in test. They worked one time only after the reinstall because the lights went out as the drops fell but then nothing. If nobody else is having the issues then I will start a separate thread to figure it out.

I have not seen this problem. I played TNT the other day and it was working fine. I would recommend checking associated switches on the matrix and see if other switches are not working. I'll try another few games and if I see anything different I'll report back Try reseating the connector on the target switch board.

Rob

ACDC (resized).jpgACDC (resized).jpg

#216 6 years ago

It is only the four tnt switches. I will try reinstalling the old code and see if the issue goes away and go from there.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

It is only the four tnt switches. I will try reinstalling the old code and see if the issue goes away and go from there.

I didnt have this problem......so far anyway

#218 6 years ago

Guessing I had a bad image. I put it back to the old code and the problem went away. Uploaded a fresh image from Stern and still no issues.

#219 6 years ago

I was curious, so I just did a compare of ACDC 1.70 vs ACDC 1.68

64 images added
265 new messages
6 new adjustments
1 new highscore

#220 6 years ago

Since OGA was kind enough to get 1.70 code running in the browser I thought I would help everyone out a bit that wants to change some songs easily.
As usual the new code has shuffled the songs around a bit from the previous code.
Although I don't really recommend doing it until Stern patches the issue with the "Oi" mode not working and the hold bonus on ball 3 issue. Otherwise you will be redoing all of your work again when the patch comes out.
But here you go any way.

This is for the 1.70 Pro Code

181- Back in Black
185- For those about to Rock
189- Hell ain't a bad place
193- Hell's Bells
197- highway to hell
201- Let there be Rock
205- Rock N Roll Train
209- Thunderstruck
213- T.N.T
217- War Machine
221- Whole lotta Rosie
225- You shook me all night Long

This is for the 1.70 Premium/LE code

303- Back in Black
304- For those about to Rock
305- Hell ain't a bad place
306- Hell's Bells
307- Highway to hell
308- Let there be Rock
309- Rock N Roll Train
310- Thunderstruck
311- T.N.T
312- War Machine
313- Whole lotta Rosie
314- You Shook me All Night Long

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Although I don't really recommend doing it until Stern patches the issue with the "Oi" mode not working and the hold bonus on ball 3 issue. Otherwise you will be redoing all of your work again when the patch comes out.

Nobody has had VIP passes get locked out where you cannot use them? This happened to me on an otherwise good game the other day. I had 4 saved and could not use them (button not lit). The button and light worked fine immediately after last ball drain for high score entry.

Rob

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Nobody has had VIP passes get locked out where you cannot use them? This happened to me on an otherwise good game the other day. I had 4 saved and could not use them (button not lit). The button and light worked fine immediately after last ball drain for high score entry.
Rob

Wow.
Have not noticed that yet.
This info needs to get to Stern/Lyman somehow.
That makes 3 issues that I know of.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow.
Have not noticed that yet.
This info needs to get to Stern/Lyman somehow.
That makes 3 issues that I know of.

I reported it. I don't know how to reproduce it though...

Rob

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I was curious, so I just did a compare of ACDC 1.70 vs ACDC 1.68
64 images added
265 new messages
6 new adjustments
1 new highscore

There’s 64 new DMD images added?

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There’s 64 new DMD images added?

Images = frames. That could work out to 8-16 seconds of DMD 'video' depending how they are used or 64 still frames, etc

#226 6 years ago

Maybe it's the devil horn animations. Were they in the code already and just not used?

#227 6 years ago

Should I upgrade my code now, or wait for V1.71?

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Definitely

#229 6 years ago

Upgrade.

Rob

#230 6 years ago

theanswer (resized).jpgtheanswer (resized).jpg

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Were you by chance playing For Those About to Rock (where every ramp shot gives you a cannon shot)? If so, you have to fire the cannon and hit the lit drop target so the notes light up before the VIP pass will be available...

Kevin

#232 6 years ago

I would go ahead and upgrade.
The broken OI mode is hard to get to and it does not effect game play. And the Hold Bonus On Ball 3 not working is not that big a deal either.
The new scoring and added Tunes N Stuff both make the game more fun to play.

#233 6 years ago

Awesome and unexpected to see new code for AC/DC! Gonna update Luci tonight and check this out.

#234 6 years ago

Is there really any reason to believe 1.71 is coming any time soon? It's not like there aren't other major bugs languishing.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Is there really any reason to believe 1.71 is coming any time soon? It's not like there aren't other major bugs languishing.

I thought Oi! frenzy didn't do anything much at all? That can't be right, can it? Assuming its supposed to behave like Doh! frenzy leads me to hope a "fix" is coming soon. Dunno.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I thought Oi! frenzy didn't do anything much at all? That can't be right, can it? Assuming its supposed to behave like Doh! frenzy leads me to hope a "fix" is coming soon. Dunno.

I agree it seems to be broken, but having a broken mode doesn't mean Stern is going to fix it right away. We can hope.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

Were you by chance playing For Those About to Rock (where every ramp shot gives you a cannon shot)? If so, you have to fire the cannon and hit the lit drop target so the notes light up before the VIP pass will be available...
Kevin

Thank you for that clarification.

Rob

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I agree it seems to be broken, but having a broken mode doesn't mean Stern is going to fix it right away. We can hope.

Have faith

Rob

#239 6 years ago

After upgrading to 1.70, the MikeD DMD no longer functions. It goes through the power up sequence and displays the MikeD splash page, but then goes black and displays only a small lighting bolt in the upper right corner of the screen. Anyone else run into this and know of a fix yet? Aside from that, loving the new code!

EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpegEF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

After upgrading to 1.70, the MikeD DMD no longer functions. It goes through the power up sequence and displays the MikeD splash page, but then goes black and displays only a small lighting bolt in the upper right corner of the screen. Anyone else run into this and know of a fix yet? Aside from that, loving the new code!

Head over to the Mike D mod thread, there is no fix yet as it is a problem with patching the code with pinball browser for the mod.

#241 6 years ago

Going to email Stern about this but Lyman if you read this please keep the songs playing thru rather than restarting after drains. I dont believe Ive even heard the words to a song yet.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Going to email Stern about this but Lyman if you read this please keep the songs playing thru rather than restarting after drains. I dont believe Ive even heard the words to a song yet.

PLAY BETTER!!!

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

PLAY BETTER!!!

I have had this game for a few years just actually finished my first song got a grand champ and then new code made it all disappear ha ha so cruel

#244 6 years ago

It’s a tough job putting back up high scores but somebody has to do it

35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Head over to the Mike D mod thread, there is no fix yet as it is a problem with patching the code with pinball browser for the mod.

lol, "wheres the code?"
.I thought this shit was easy

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

lol, "wheres the code?"
.I thought this shit was easy

?

Anyways, I only played a couple games last night after the code fix for the Mike D mod works. Still great, just trying to feel the differences.

#247 6 years ago

QUESTION For those who have updated the code:
Is it worth it? Do you notice a difference in gameplay?

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Yes. Yes.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Yes! the changes completely alter how you approach the game. Way more balanced now and feels like a new game with the extra layer of strategy of the mystery awards.

#250 6 years ago

I'm still wondering if OI mania could be stacked with a multiball.....

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/5?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.