35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So to those that are playing it on premium; is the new balancing enough to sway you away from the "Hells Bells all day" strategy?

The bell no longer swings w/VIP pass during HB. When you earn the "stuff" award "swing bell w/VIP" it then swings with every VIP used for the rest of that ball, no matter what song is playing.

#102 6 years ago

So exiting

5E54F427-3250-470E-8761-9683CECD842F (resized).jpeg5E54F427-3250-470E-8761-9683CECD842F (resized).jpeg

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I always wondered why people would do this - The code update changed the scoring so those old high scores are not really valid anymore

Just for the reason of saving the memory of a great game. I'm probably not as good of a player as you - every once and a while I'll pop-off an exceptional game where everything clicks. The score is kind of a trophy for that moment...new code or old code.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ha! I was complaining to my wife about the same thing. I have to wait til tomorrow

Don’t let her control you.

#105 6 years ago

Wow...scoring really increases with the new code.

I just played a pretty meh game and got over 120,000,000.

#106 6 years ago

Lyman is a beast !

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

The bell no longer swings w/VIP pass during HB. When you earn the "stuff" award "swing bell w/VIP" it then swings with every VIP used for the rest of that ball, no matter what song is playing.

Interesting. So no cheating to exchange one VIP pass for two, and no ability to keep the multiplier running without actually shooting the bell(outside of the random "stuff" award) I gather.

#108 6 years ago

Tried to read the new firmware with pinballbrowser 620, became non responsive. PB rel 443 and 500 gave message unknown firmware. Informed Oga. Let’s hope for a quick response.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So no cheating to exchange one VIP pass for two,

Wait, what? How did that work?

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Tried to read the new firmware with pinballbrowser 620, became non responsive. PB rel 443 and 500 gave message unknown firmware. Informed Oga. Let’s hope for a quick response.

That is not good.
Have not tried to load it yet meself.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wait, what? How did that work?

While in Hells Bells on the premium and at least one VIP pass in pocket, do the Super Skill shot. If it times out before you are able to make a shot, immediately hit the VIP button which awards a bell shot and 2 VIP passes.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

While in Hells Bells on the premium and at least one VIP pass in pocket, do the Super Skill shot. If it times out before you are able to make a shot, immediately hit the VIP button which awards a bell shot and 2 VIP passes.

It was more of an insurance policy, because you were using a VIP pass to gain 2 VIP passes (+1) worst case . . . versus taking a normal skill shot for (+1) and not giving yourself the opportunity to make the Super Skill shot yourself (+2).

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

it was always fun to let the bell swing while shooting into the saucer.
no improvement , i fear.

well, lets see..

updates takes sooo long..

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

It was more of an insurance policy, because you were using a VIP pass to gain 2 VIP passes (+1) worst case . . . versus taking a normal skill shot for (+1) and not giving yourself the opportunity to make the Super Skill shot yourself (+2).

Understood, but achieving a "Super Skill Shot" by merely pressing a button seems like cheating which is perhaps why it was eliminated.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

If this means what I think, I think it is a great way to get people to play a song besides Hells Bells on the premium/LE. And use it for the super skillshot

I remember when they reduced the value of the lower playfield on HTH and it really helped . IMHO.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

If this means what I think, I think it is a great way to get people to play a song besides Hells Bells on the premium/LE. And use it for the super skillshot
I remember when they reduced the value of the lower playfield on HTH and it really helped . IMHO.

If it does not carry over to the next ball, it won't be availabke for your super Skill shot.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Don’t let her control you.

I didn't
..... Couldn't resist.

IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpgIMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg

#118 6 years ago

I'm updating with the Mike D mod. My guess is it will just be unresponsive. I started the update before I read the post. D'oh. Hoping it works

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm updating with the Mike D mod. My guess is it will just be unresponsive. I started the update before I read the post. D'oh. Hoping it works

My MikeD LCD isn't working after the update. Bummer.

snaroff

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My MikeD LCD isn't working after the update. Bummer.
snaroff

Should we unplug it then, or just do nothing. Mine is just blank, but assuming it will get fixed.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The Mike D mod will just be black because it won't receive a signal from the serial cable since the patch isn't able to be applied right now due to incompatibilities with the Pinball Browser software. I'm sure they'll get a fix for it soon! In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the new code that we have thanks to Lyman!

#122 6 years ago

How does Oi Mania work? Supposedly it's a frenzy mode giving 7500 per switch, but I'm playing around on VP, and it doesn't seem to do anything?

#123 6 years ago

Bad news. Color Dmd went blank when I had all three modes lit for MB and activated a screen. It just stayed blacked out. A power restart fixed it. Not sure why that happened unless it just got lost. I thought screens would just be Grey text. Hmmmm

New code is awesome though.

#124 6 years ago

I can also confirm now that 1.70 will not load into PinBroswer software.
No new songs until this gets sorted out

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I can also confirm now that 1.70 will not load into PinBroswer software.
No new songs until this gets sorted out

I'm curious why.

#126 6 years ago

New security measures?

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Lyman is a beast !

Lyman always wakes up in beast mode

#128 6 years ago

Guys are the VE particularly Luci a Sam or Spike system ?

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Guys are the VE particularly Luci a Sam or Spike system ?

SAM

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ha! I was complaining to my wife about the same thing. I have to wait til tomorrow

Don’t let her control you!

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I didn't
..... Couldn't resist.

God speed! Excellent

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow...scoring really increases with the new code.

I think it's a good thing it did because that adds more balance for regular scoring versus overly lucrative song jackpots.

Rob

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Bad news. Color Dmd went blank when I had all three modes lit for MB and activated a screen. It just stayed blacked out. A power restart fixed it. Not sure why that happened unless it just got lost. I thought screens would just be Grey text. Hmmmm

any other feedback on colordmd? Anyone have better success? I'm hesitant to update till its confirmed to be ok.

#134 6 years ago

Hmmm, in first game with new code, a ball got stuck behind the bell on my premium during multiball. Bell movement did not dislodge the ball. After draining my last ball. Physically shaking game got ball loose while my Playfield multiplier timed out. Owned my game for many years but I cannot remember this happening. I will have to play more games to see if this continues to occur.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

any other feedback on colordmd? Anyone have better success? I'm hesitant to update till its confirmed to be ok.

Yes I’m interested too.... not willing to update until bugs fixed for good. Mike was checking for a solution. Going to install a color dmd soon, might just wait to update.

#137 6 years ago

Scoring is much higher in the new code! I played nothing but BIB my first game to try and figure out the new rules and ended up with a 270 million game.

#138 6 years ago

Finally had time to put in a few good games.
Good news is that my Color DMD did not go black when I had all three multiballs lit and played them.
Also noticed that the new "Tunes N Stuff" awards are not random. You always get them in the order listed in the code notes.

1. -2X DEVIL HORNS
2. - HOLD BONUS
3. - 7,500,000 POINTS
4. - AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
5. - OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
6. - 10,000,000 POINTS
7. - EXTRA BALL

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You think installing the sigma firmware with red color would let the colordmd work correctly for now, until they update the firmware? Just cuz I want to install a colordmd in mine the instant I get it.

#140 6 years ago

Updating now. It has been awhile since I have had to remove the translight. I forgot all about the Helen lighting mod and when I saw the lightboard made of cardboard I had a slight wtf moment and then had to smile to myself. My machine has been rock solid since day one. Never expected an update so this is a super sweet valentines treat.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Finally had time to put in a few good games.
Good news is that my Color DMD did not go black when I had all three multiballs lit and played them.
Also noticed that the new "Tunes N Stuff" awards are not random. You always get them in the order listed in the code notes.
1. -2X DEVIL HORNS
2. - HOLD BONUS
3. - 7,500,000 POINTS
4. - AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
5. - OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
6. - 10,000,000 POINTS
7. - EXTRA BALL

I also noticed you can shoot the horn inserts during multiball, but not collect the reward until multiball is over. That makes sense, but then I think it would maybe be better to just turn the horn inserts off during multiball.

Rob

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

You think installing the sigma firmware with red color would let the colordmd work correctly for now, until they update the firmware? Just cuz I want to install a colordmd in mine the instant I get it.

Remember there not colorising the graphics, they are colour dmd graphics so if the original graphics have changed, it won't see anything.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from mwelsh:

How does Oi Mania work? Supposedly it's a frenzy mode giving 7500 per switch, but I'm playing around on VP, and it doesn't seem to do anything?

I got OI mania tonight and it doesn't seem to do anything. Nothing in the display or game sounds that I noticed to indicate there's anything going on. So.... I don't know. To be honest, the Stuff awards implementation seems a bit rough around the edges. If OI mania is broken/not working, then this can't be the final update for the game? I just keep thinking I missed something here, so what is everyone else's experience with OI Mania?

Rob

#144 6 years ago

I’m kinda a newbie. How do I go about updating code for AC/DC premium?

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

This is the Stern video, but there are others:

Rob

#147 6 years ago

Thank you!!!

#148 6 years ago

On Stern's FB page, they were asked if code is now done.

This was their response. For some reason it won't load. It's a Gif and says Maaaybee...........

My interpretation is that this is not the final update

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I think mine was a glitch. I was in all 3 modes, playing BIB, had devil horns goings, my guess is it just lost itself. I wouldn't worry about it. Let's see if anyone can reproduce my error or maybe it was just my machine.

#150 6 years ago

Issues I've found so far:

1.) Hold bonus appears to do nothing if earned on ball 3. Bonus is not awarded twice as expected.
2.) I love the pseudo mystery award at the Tunes N Stuff saucer, but it's apparently not a mystery at all. The awards are given in a set sequential order each game. Meh. However, the points award CAN be doubled/tripled with a PF multiplier!
3.) Twice I had the game count bonus mid ball. I've never had trough issues on this game, so I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen or if I have trough opto problems.
4.) "OI Mania" mode from the TnS saucer. Didn't see or hear anything to give me the sense that it was doing anything.

Did put up a 474M game, even with mid ball loss (item 3) on ball 2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.