35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg

There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
#51 6 years ago

Can someone confirm whether coil strength settings now work or not? I don't see it in the bug fixes.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This is amazing.
And for the 50+ people that I did music updates for, yes I will try to get to them as you message me.
I will also post my most popular file with Dirty Deeds, Shoot to thrill and Girls got Rhythm up here for all to download since Stern does not seem to care anymore.
Now go play some pinball!!!

Thank you!

#53 6 years ago

Lyman really is Stern's MVP! As an ACDC and TWD owner I feel spoiled these last couple months. The best games get even better!

#54 6 years ago

Smart move by Stern. Luci VE was likely the driving force for this update.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Smart move by Stern. Luci VE was likely the driving force for this update.

Yup that's why I'm really happy when they come up with vault edition or more waves for a pin I own. Yes it affects the reselling value but it does offer more and polish code support. And at the end of the day I buy pins to have the best experience possible.....not to flip them. Now go home and get your shine box on metallica......to quote a movie I love so much

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Now go home and get your shine box on metallica......to quote a movie I love so much

Goodfellas

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've got Girls Got Rhythm and Shoot to Thrill on my 1.68 along with Problem Child. Now I've got to mod it again (and apply the patch for the Mike D LCD mod).
One thing I wish that could have been changed is to NOT restart the songs at the beginning of each ball. Oh well. All updates are welcome!

Will the update do anything to the Mike D mod?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

When are you selling Tron?

Code on that is f$&ked, sorry!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Will the update do anything to the Mike D mod?

Mike said he doesn't think it will work. Have to wait for the engineer to see if there is a work around. If you own the mod, I'd hold off on updating.

#60 6 years ago

Lyman probably coded this on his own time, so the VE likely had nothing to do with it. If it had, it would have been released when the Pro VE shipped months ago.

Also, people, stop bitching about the cannon inserts. It’s not happening.

#61 6 years ago

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Lyman really is Stern's MVP! As an ACDC and TWD owner I feel spoiled these last couple months. The best games get even better!

Never a doubt!!
Hope the rumors are not true and this polish along with completing BM66 are not his swan song!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Never a doubt!!
Hope the rumors are not true and this polish along with completing BM66 are not his swan song!

Where did you hear that??? He’s supposedly doing Elvira 3 next.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Changed the BACK IN BLACK rule so it is more interesting, valuable,
and potentially takes less work to get the WHITE ARROW NOTE shots lit:
- Added a moving target that cycles through AC/DC from bottom to top.
- Hitting the moving target lights all of the WHITE ARROW NOTE shots.
- The shot that corresponds to the moving target will be +1X what
it was before, or 2X if it was not available before; the previously
multiplied shot will revert back to 1X.
- (A)C/DC - LEFT LOOP.
- A(C)/DC - LEFT RAMP.
- AC(/)DC - BELL.
- AC/(D)C - RIGHT RAMP.
- AC/D(C) - RIGHT LOOP.

I tried with the glass off. I think what happens is that if you hit 3 different ACDC targets and miss the flashing one, it resets the bank. The targets that were not hit stay unlit, but the ones that were hit stay lit. If you get the two you missed without hitting the flashing one again, then the notes light blue. If you have 1 target unlit and hit that when it's not flashing, the target bank resets. I guess it does make sense and makes for hitting the roving shot a little easier given the characteristics of the drop bank vs stand up targets.

Rob

#65 6 years ago

Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL

I wonder if these carry over from ball to ball, like the award bell shot with vip? If you get this, then it opens up other songs to be just as lucrative as HB. Another way to earn an extra ball is great, because ACDC sure doesn't give these away easy like some other games do.

You can see Lyman put a lot of thought into this update.

Rob

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Doesn't surprise me it took 3.5 years for Stern to correct a major bug like that.

Seems it means it was not adding it to the display when it says Album total etc. at the end of multiball rather than not adding it to the actual game scoring.

Anyway, the update looks amazing!

#67 6 years ago

nice update. but the one small thing that would have been nice is the song continuing where you left off on next ball after a drain, instead of starting over again. oh well, maybe next update

#68 6 years ago

Just finished packing up my BIB, she's going bye-bye turned this one into a brand new Luci and Eddie.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL
I wonder if these carry over from ball to ball, like the award bell shot with vip? If you get this, then it opens up other songs to be just as lucrative as HB. Another way to earn an extra ball is great, because ACDC sure doesn't give these away easy like some other games do.
You can see Lyman put a lot of thought into this update.
Rob

The do not carry over from ball to ball it appears.

#70 6 years ago

More of a reason to just own Lyman coded games. First walking dead and now AC/DC. I wonder if anything is coming for MET. Wished I would have bought that Luci now.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Mike said he doesn't think it will work. Have to wait for the engineer to see if there is a work around. If you own the mod, I'd hold off on updating.

Hmm. Any idea why this wouldn’t work if you rerun the macro over the new firmware ? Have a smartdmd and mikeD mod and would be potty if new code couldn’t be used.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

More of a reason to just own Lyman coded games. First walking dead and now AC/DC. I wonder if anything is coming for MET. Wished I would have bought that Luci now.

Yes.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great news for Wheel of Fortune owners. Never say never!

except that Johnson was the lead coder on it (but yes, Lyman was in the team)

#74 6 years ago

Is there a way to update code without erasing high scores??

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

No

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

edit with pinball browser to copy them over?

#77 6 years ago

Great

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

edit with pinball browser to copy them over?

This can be done as this is how I have done it. Not tested on this firmware release but I don’t see why not. Now people know how I get my super Highscores

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I always wondered why people would do this - The code update changed the scoring so those old high scores are not really valid anymore

#80 6 years ago

What is "OI"?

#81 6 years ago

Cause I'm TNT .... "oi oi..." TNT.... "oi.. oi"..

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What is "OI"?

It's an Aussie's way to say "Hey!" And as mentioned it's a "lyric" in the song TNT.

#83 6 years ago

So, nowhere does it say 'final update'.....

Still time for cannon modes?

#84 6 years ago

I haven't installed the code yet. Is OI mode like TSPP's DOH mode with sounds?

#85 6 years ago

Lyman is awesome! I didn't see this coming at all. Can't wait to get home and update...oh crap, it's Valentine's Day.
Can't wait to get home before my wife and update.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Grossie:

Lyman is awesome! I didn't see this coming at all. Can't wait to get home and update...oh crap, it's Valentine's Day.
Can't wait to get home before my wife and update.

Ha! I was complaining to my wife about the same thing. I have to wait til tomorrow

#87 6 years ago

Lyman is awesome. You have to wonder on the retirement rumors. Adding Tim and team isn't in addition, but it's torch-passing time.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Lyman is awesome. You have to wonder on the retirement rumors. Adding Tim and team isn't in addition, but it's torch-passing time.

Definitely. Makes you also wonder if the original theme Steve Ritchie is working on is his final game..

#89 6 years ago

i have read (unfortunately i don't know the source) that in the australian version of ac/dc there is in general a difference: because ac/dc published in the beginning of their career first two albums only in australia - the australian version of the pinball has one album more in the code. now my question: if this is right where can i get the new "australian" code.

best regards ralf

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Not sure how old this rumor is, but no one has come out and denied it so it's looking more plausible.

So, maybe final polish to all his past games before leaving and bedding the new guys in.

Damn shame if true.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not sure how old this rumor is, but no one has come out and denied it so it's looking more plausible.
So, maybe final polish to all his past games before leaving and bedding the new guys in.
Damn shame if true.

I hope it's not true. He's coded 7 of my games in my current lineup and all of my favorite Sterns...Tron, MET, ACDC, and TWD.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Damn shame if true.

Lyman retiring = fake news

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This is amazing.
And for the 50+ people that I did music updates for, yes I will try to get to them as you message me.
I will also post my most popular file with Dirty Deeds, Shoot to thrill and Girls got Rhythm up here for all to download since Stern does not seem to care anymore.
Now go play some pinball!!!

Hi, so you're going to make an image with the new code including those songs? If so could you put the communication patch on first? That way we could do live updates using a pc via serial port - Thanks!

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I hope it's not true. He's coded 7 of my games in my current lineup and all of my favorite Sterns...Tron, MET, ACDC, and TWD.

In my collection IM and SM that he was involved on the code. Not sure his role on IM but it could possibly use an update.

#95 6 years ago

anyone worrying about holding onto their high score tables - DON'T. the new code scores much higher.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Awesome, too bad the code has nothing new regarding the three cannon inserts

loool. whine whine whine. What about "it was scrapped early on" is not clear?

#97 6 years ago

It will be a bit before I can play on the new code. I was expecting Hells Bells to be nerfed, but it remains intact.

So to those that are playing it on premium; is the new balancing enough to sway you away from the "Hells Bells all day" strategy?

#98 6 years ago

WOOT! Guess I will have to start putting up new high scores again.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

loool. whine whine whine. What about "it was scrapped early on" is not clear?

People are going to go to their grave moaning about cannon inserts and "Kiss Cities."

Their loved ones, gathered around their death beds in the distant future, will be puzzled, to say the least.

"Did Uncle Bob say Canyon in Sur?! Kiss Eddie?! WHAT DID HE SAY?!"

#100 6 years ago

Does anyone know how hard it will be to transfer my macros to the new code? I really like my song selection for the old code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/2?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.