35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 3 years ago

with each passing month...less and less. Probably only going to happen if Stern suddenly pulls out AC/DC Vaulted Vault Edition.

#602 3 years ago

It's difficult for Lyman, I get that, as Stern aren't going to let him do it in work time.

But, surely Stern would allow a small patch to fix Oi Mania?

It's just a shame that an all time classic has a broken feature.

In the meantime I will keep trying to get to Encore

2 weeks later
#603 3 years ago

While there is a small chance of another update, I was thinking how you could make the lower playfield more exciting, and break the journey to Encore up a bit.

In simple behavioral terms, if there was a bigger payoff/reward when using lower playfield, people's associations would be more positive.

One simple idea.

After 3 songs completed, there is a 25m countdown jackpot to be collected on lower playfield by hitting a number of shots.

After 6 songs, it's a 50m countdown jackpot.

After 9 songs, 75m.

For me, this would make the journey to Encore feel much more rewarding and I would want to be in the lower playfield, instead of avoiding it.

Probably too late in the day, but I think this would be very rewarding.

#604 3 years ago

Good idea!
The ball would be parked in the top hole while you visit the lower playfield.

#605 3 years ago

I always thought the kickout behind the bell was very underutilized.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I always thought the kickout behind the bell was very underutilized.

Definitely. I thought the bell was going to be controllable by software (to enable some cool kickouts).

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Definitely. I thought the bell was going to be controllable by software (to enable some cool kickouts).

It kind of is with the magnet, they just don't use it that way.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

There is a test option on the machine menu that energizes the magnet that moves the bell. So you can operate that and test if it works.

2 weeks later
#609 3 years ago

Can someone explain what the Oi mania bug actually is?

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Can someone explain what the Oi mania bug actually is?

It’s not a bug, it’s just not programmed. When you get to Oi mania in the horns progression, it does nothing. Just like the cannon lights lol.

#611 3 years ago

Ah, okay, So, basically you can still play 99.5 % of the game
I just aquired a AC/DC LE, and no need for me to downgrade then

#612 3 years ago

Would be great if Tunes n Stuff was random, when it gets fixed.

Pure intermittent reinforcement, the greatest motivator on planet Earth!

I would be targeting those horns all the time if there was a random chance of getting Oi Mania, as it sounds like it will be great fun.

Let's hope it gets fixed.

3 weeks later
#613 3 years ago

I see LZ has a mini-wizard mode after 5 songs - half way.

- New mini-wizard mode Mothership Multiball!
- Qualified after 5 songs are completed (on default settings, this is at
5 gold records) and started at the upper eject shot.

Still hoping we get something similar

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I hope we do as well.

1 week later
#615 3 years ago

This would be a must add

#616 3 years ago

Yes, something awesome at the halfway to encore please.
And mqybe a Hell wizard after the three hell songs.
I think the lower playfield points could be Increased to make it more enticing to head down there.

#617 3 years ago

I think a more motivating mode for downstairs would be, 1 lit objective, that changes as you get it (either outer orbit or the 3 targets), each successful hit is an exponential bonus multiplier to that ball. Or something of that nature...

All the modes right now just have an initial thing you do, then you just hit anything and everything over and over.

2 weeks later
#618 3 years ago

Could anyone tell me how you add a ball during any of the 3 multiballs?

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Could anyone tell me how you add a ball during any of the 3 multiballs?

Complete the five flashing main (ramps/loops/bell) shots during the multiball.

As I remember, sometimes it's fewer than five flashing shots depending on the progress you've made on the current song before starting the multiball(s).

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Complete the five flashing main (ramps/loops/bell) shots during the multiball.
As I remember, sometimes it's fewer than five flashing shots depending on the progress you've made on the current song before starting the multiball(s).

This is one the most misunderstood rules in modern pinball. Each mode has a way to light the song notes. For example, whole lotta rosie lights the note shots by going down the AXE lanes, hells bells requires you to hit the bell, Back in Black requires to complete the ACDC targets etc. Once you light the five notes, shooting one of the five note shots awards you points and puts it in your song jackpot. After you hit a note shot it unlights. In order to relight unlit note shots, do the same task you did to light them in the first place.

The add-a-ball in all MB’s is based upon how many note shots you need to complete the set of 5. For example, I have unlit the left ramp note shot and right ramp note shot before starting any mb. Once I start the mb, I need to hit the left orbit, bell and right orbit for the add-a-ball. Once I hit the last remaining shot, an additional ball is added. If I have unlit three of the shots(both orbits and right ramp), now I need to hit the left ramp and bell for the added ball.

If you go into the mb with no note shots lit (either you never started them or completed all 5), then you must light the note shots and hit all 5 during the mob before you get the added ball. The add a ball is always dependent on completing a full set of note shots. Lyman gives you a bonus for completing all 5 which also goes to the song bonus. The decision you have to make is if it is more important to get that bonus ahead of time (think 2.5 mil) or make it easier to get an add a ball in mb by hitting less shots during it. Most of the time the ease of add-a-ball should win out.

You can also unlight shots then relight those unlit shots by doing the task again. You’ll notice that the shots you relit are solid while the others are blinking. This is telling you that you still need to complete the blinking shots to compete the set and hence the add a ball durint any mb.

The way to set it up is with VIP passes. During the mb, focus on every note shot you need to complete the set besides the right orbit. This is the most unlikely shot to get when you are flailing around, since that is where the balls are coming from most of the time. When are down to two balls, continue shooting everything but the right orbit. As soon as you lose the first of two balls, hit the button for the VIP pass. It will give you credit for the right orbit and serve two more balls back at you. This is the same trick as playing with a Martian bomb during Martian MB on AFM. Multiple VIP passes give you that many note shots during the mb as well. I always see people slam that button and then don’t understand why or why they didn’t get a mb. You need to keep track of which shots you need to compete the set. They will be blinking the appropriate color of the song. Jam makes it more challenging since the ramps are lit res for jackpots as well.

Hope this helps. This is one of my favorite games and most people I know (including some high level tournament players) don’t understand the add-a-ball rules. Enjoy!

#621 3 years ago

Nice explanation

I have had this game 3 years and enjoying it much more having adjusted the bell hits from 3 to 2.

I am even more focused on the 2x and 3x multiplier.

I thought it might be a bad idea doing this, but for me it's made the game way more fun, and a little less frustrating and I enjoy getting higher scores.

It makes zero difference to trying to get to encore.

Still hoping for the halfway to encore 'thing' in 2021

#622 3 years ago

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Would be interesting to watch a video which goes over all this.

#623 3 years ago

I have owned an AC/DC premium for seven years and have never really understood the rules about multi ball or VIP passes. This does explain things and it does sound rather complicated.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I have owned an AC/DC premium for seven years and have never really understood the rules about multi ball or VIP passes. This does explain things and it does sound rather complicated.

really the important thing to know is you WANT VIP passes, and if you are about to lose your last ball in multiball, wail on that VIP pass button to get add a balls. I figured this out just from playing.

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

This is the one thing that sucks about this game. The rules are too complicated! Everything else is cool.

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

This is the one thing that sucks about this game. The rules are too complicated! Everything else is cool.

This is so true and it's exaggerated on the Pro. I love my Pro but with those rules and how insanely fast and chaotic it plays. I find it basically impossible to know what your supposed to be doing.

#627 3 years ago

I keep hearing Encore is one of the best wizard modes in pinball and yet it it elusive for all but the best tournament players.

KISS is a tough game and getting to the final wizard mode, Rock City, is super tough.

I have got very close to RC but never been remotely close to Encore.

8 or 9 songs is closest.

That's why something half way makes so much sense.

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

This is one the most misunderstood rules in modern pinball. Each mode has a way to light the song notes. For example, whole lotta rosie lights the note shots by going down the AXE lanes, hells bells requires you to hit the bell, Back in Black requires to complete the ACDC targets etc. Once you light the five notes, shooting one of the five note shots awards you points and puts it in your song jackpot. After you hit a note shot it unlights. In order to relight unlit note shots, do the same task you did to light them in the first place.
The add-a-ball in all MB’s is based upon how many note shots you need to complete the set of 5. For example, I have unlit the left ramp note shot and right ramp note shot before starting any mb. Once I start the mb, I need to hit the left orbit, bell and right orbit for the add-a-ball. Once I hit the last remaining shot, an additional ball is added. If I have unlit three of the shots(both orbits and right ramp), now I need to hit the left ramp and bell for the added ball.
If you go into the mb with no note shots lit (either you never started them or completed all 5), then you must light the note shots and hit all 5 during the mob before you get the added ball. The add a ball is always dependent on completing a full set of note shots. Lyman gives you a bonus for completing all 5 which also goes to the song bonus. The decision you have to make is if it is more important to get that bonus ahead of time (think 2.5 mil) or make it easier to get an add a ball in mb by hitting less shots during it. Most of the time the ease of add-a-ball should win out.
You can also unlight shots then relight those unlit shots by doing the task again. You’ll notice that the shots you relit are solid while the others are blinking. This is telling you that you still need to complete the blinking shots to compete the set and hence the add a ball durint any mb.
The way to set it up is with VIP passes. During the mb, focus on every note shot you need to complete the set besides the right orbit. This is the most unlikely shot to get when you are flailing around, since that is where the balls are coming from most of the time. When are down to two balls, continue shooting everything but the right orbit. As soon as you lose the first of two balls, hit the button for the VIP pass. It will give you credit for the right orbit and serve two more balls back at you. This is the same trick as playing with a Martian bomb during Martian MB on AFM. Multiple VIP passes give you that many note shots during the mb as well. I always see people slam that button and then don’t understand why or why they didn’t get a mb. You need to keep track of which shots you need to compete the set. They will be blinking the appropriate color of the song. Jam makes it more challenging since the ramps are lit res for jackpots as well.
Hope this helps. This is one of my favorite games and most people I know (including some high level tournament players) don’t understand the add-a-ball rules. Enjoy!

Wow, this is really interesting and not how I thought it worked at all. In my head it involved using the VIP Button at the end of a MB, but I always thought it worked different.

I don't know where I heard this, but I thought Add-A-Ball was when you hit a certain Jackpot, and said Jackpot was tied to a special # of Jackpots which corresponded with the history of the song/album/tour. For instance, if you were playing a song from their 4th album, it would be the 4th Jackpot in Album MB. I'm never going to memorize the discography and tours of the band, but I usually know how many VIP's I have, so as I drain my 2nd to last ball, I pulse VIP hits with a very brief pause. Because if you get that correct press, you will immediately hear the ball eject into the shooter lane and you can save the rest of your VIP's. This is why I wouldn't just smash as fast as possible if I knew I had extras in the bank as those could be used later.

So, if the quoted post above is right with the 5 main shots being what triggers AAB, is there something with the band history similar to what I stated? I can't remember if I saw it in a tutorial, PAPA, rules sheet...etc.

#629 3 years ago

I keep hearing Encore is one of the best wizard modes in pinball and yet it it elusive for all but the best tournament players.
KISS is a tough game and getting to the final wizard mode, Rock City, is super tough.
I have got very close to RC but never been remotely close to Encore.
8 or 9 songs is closest.
That's why something half way makes so much sense.

I have had my pro for a few years and never came close to ENCORE. Mine is set to 3 ball games though.

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

but I thought Add-A-Ball was when you hit a certain Jackpot, and said Jackpot was tied to a special # of Jackpots which corresponded with the history of the song/album/tour.

No ... that’s how you get the Song Jackpot during multiball.

I went into how that works in a previous post ....

Check it out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/8#post-4574984

rd

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Would be interesting to watch a video which goes over all this.

Unfortunately to understand the add a ball rules you need to have a firm understanding of the song mode rules and what lights all the music note shots.

In multiball just look for the flashing music note shots that are the color of the mode you’re playing. Clear them to add a ball. Use the lockbar button to spot them.

Experiment with the glass off too.

1 month later
#632 2 years ago

Well, looking less likely that Oi Mania will be fixed and maybe the thing being added after 6 songs.

Decided to take matters into my own hands and it's the first time in 15 years I have gone to 4 balls.

Also reduced song completion to 7 shots, instead of 8.

Even on this setting can't see myself getting Encore anytime soon, but the range of adjustments are huge, so will keep tweaking.

Encore is apparently one of the best wizard modes in pinball, so got to see it one day

#633 2 years ago

Well, looking less likely that Oi Mania will be fixed and maybe the thing being added after 6 songs.
Decided to take matters into my own hands and it's the first time in 15 years I have gone to 4 balls.
Also reduced song completion to 7 shots, instead of 8.
Even on this setting can't see myself getting Encore anytime soon, but the range of adjustments are huge, so will keep tweaking.
Encore is apparently one of the best wizard modes in pinball, so got to see it one day

I need to do this to mine as well since I have never been able to reach Encore.

1 month later
#634 2 years ago

I got Oi Mania last night.....

Man, I wish this bug would get fixed

#635 2 years ago

I got Oi Mania last night.....
Man, I wish this bug would get fixed

Congrats !!! I’m no where near

#636 2 years ago

Yeah let's have an update! . It's been ages.

6 months later
#637 2 years ago

Will we ever see another update?

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Will we ever see another update?

No, probably never, because Lyman doesn't work there anymore. In Lyman we trusted (past tense). So much for Oi Mania.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

No, probably never, because Lyman doesn't work there anymore. In Lyman we trusted (past tense). So much for Oi Mania.

Oi vey.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I was hoping someday we may see that completed. I also would like if the songs didn’t start over from the beginning.

#641 2 years ago

I have been waiting for the fix to update the code. Looks like I will be on 1.65 forever.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I have been waiting for the fix to update the code. Looks like I will be on 1.65 forever.

The differences between 1.70 and 1.65 are significant.... Doesn't make sense not to update.

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The differences between 1.70 and 1.65 are significant.... Doesn't make sense not to update.

Significant perhaps but not too compelling without the oi mania, which is the feature I was most interested in. Particularly since I would have to re-configure all of my custom music.

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Significant perhaps but not too compelling without the oi mania, which is the feature I was most interested in. Particularly since I would have to re-configure all of my custom music.

Yeah, I am sitting there as well. Not worth ruining what was changed for incomplete features I guess. I don't know what I'm missing anyway.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Check the change log. Lots of bug fixes and rule changes, all for the better. You’d rather have no “Stuff” because one of the higher awards is not working? Most people never make it to Oi Mania anyway.
Changing the music is not hard, particularly if you’ve done it before.

#646 2 years ago

I was holding off because I have the MikeD mod and have to modify the code with Pinball Browser for that. I only wanted to do that once. I have to go back and figure out how to do that with what appears to be the last code update with the broken oi.

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Check the change log. Lots of bug fixes and rule changes, all for the better. You’d rather have no “Stuff” because one of the higher awards is not working? Most people never make it to Oi Mania anyway.
Changing the music is not hard, particularly if you’ve done it before.

The only”stuff” that interests me is the oi mania. 7,500,000 points? Not that interesting.

I also have the Mike D mod, and it has been years since I changed my music. It will be like starting from scratch.

1 year later
#648 5 months ago

Up... new code!?

#649 5 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Up... new code!?

Don’t think there’s much of a chance of that.

But since this is bumped someone remind me what the bug in Oi mode is? I think I made it once (haven’t played much since update) and it didn’t seem to do anything.

#650 5 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Don’t think there’s much of a chance of that.
But since this is bumped someone remind me what the bug in Oi mode is? I think I made it once (haven’t played much since update) and it didn’t seem to do anything.

Exactly... it never starts. If it was already coded you would think that it would be an easy fix to get it going when you start it. Abandoned by Stern it appears.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.