35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I guess get to 100m, then get 3x and boom!
Think my adrenalin would be off the scale

Haha. Closest I’ve been is like 92-95 million base. Then I just kept screwing up the timing of 3x and fire lane completions. My heart felt like it was going to explode!

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

True. That would be nice.
But I'm not going to hold my breath. There's enough other really good code/gameplay and risk/reward decision-making in ACDC that I have no issue with the Triple stack lack of value.

I'll sell you mine for a good deal if you really want to explore the code a bunch. I never play it anymore now that I got a couple of my grails in the house.

1 month later
#553 4 years ago

Gone back to 1.68 while we wait for the oi-mania fix.

I know it's unbalanced but Hell's Bell's is so much fun on 1.68

Just hoping Lyman adds the 'thing' he has coded for completing 6 songs as that really would make the journey to encore seem less of a grind.

3 months later
#554 4 years ago

Quick question!

Pinball browser.

Is it possible to add call outs after songs 3, 6 and 9?

Thinking something like 'Half way to Encore, well done'! After song 6 for example.

I just need something to break the journey to Encore and there isn't a 'how many songs' complete insert or anything.

#555 4 years ago

God dammit.

#556 4 years ago

Quick question!
Pinball browser.
Is it possible to add call outs after songs 3, 6 and 9?
Thinking something like 'Half way to Encore, well done'! After song 6 for example.
I just need something to break the journey to Encore and there isn't a 'how many songs' complete insert or anything.

I think there’s one in the status report (hold flipper), and the jukebox (when selecting a song), and end of ball bonus.

I would like it if on your 12th song completion when you shoot the jukebox it defaulted to Encore. Made it there yesterday in fact and when it showed a song I was like nooooooooooooooo Encore should be ready.....! But sure enough I hit the flipper button and it was there - good thing I found it before time expired haha.

3 months later
#557 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Totally agree with the mini-wizard mode. Us mortals will likely never make Encore and as a result there is little incentive to work through the songs.

+1

#558 3 years ago

Dag Nammit!

#559 3 years ago

Being greedy would like higher scoring on lower playfield as players seem to avoid unless targeting encore.

Encore would be more fun with something after 6 songs.

Finishing 6 songs is tough for many of us!

#560 3 years ago

Or finally do something with the three cannon inserts

3 months later
#561 3 years ago

Any word on this sir_tankalot ? BM66 and Elvira have had endless updates (and yes they are great, thank you), yet the greatest machine of all time still sits there with bugs and a known update apparently done. If it's a license issue stopping a code release, we get it but, AC/DC is a masterpiece that deserves to be finished

#562 3 years ago

BM66 has had so much love, so yes, it's frustrating that AC/DC has had this Oi Mania bug for so long.

This game deserves to be finished and in Lyman we trust

#563 3 years ago

Curious if people think rules are balanced?

For the average player encore seems a million miles away and very little incentive, if any to attempt to play for it?

I know that when I play I never think about finishing songs to progress.

Am I missing anything or is the game unbalanced?

#564 3 years ago

Curious if people think rules are balanced?
For the average player encore seems a million miles away and very little incentive, if any to attempt to play for it?
I know that when I play I never think about finishing songs to progress.
Am I missing anything or is the game unbalanced?

I think the game is pretty well balanced. The only incentive to go for Encore is to say you did it. When playing for score/competition, going for the wizard mode is rarely a good strategy for any game.

P.S. Please don't post in this thread unless there's an AC/DC code update.

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I think the game is pretty well balanced. The only incentive to go for Encore is to say you did it. When playing for score/competition, going for the wizard mode is rarely a good strategy for any game.
P.S. Please don't post in this thread unless there's an AC/DC code update.

No update yet - sorry!

But isn't that a contradiction as I have heard that Encore is one of THE best wizard modes in pinball?

I guess I was hoping too much for something after 6 songs,, a kind of half way to Encore celebration.

#566 3 years ago

No update yet - sorry!
But isn't that a contradiction as I have heard that Encore is one of THE best wizard modes in pinball?
I guess I was hoping too much for something after 6 songs,, a kind of half way to Encore celebration.

Encore is a bad ass wizard mode. I don’t know how I feel about a halfway (6 song) wizard mode. It takes long enough to complete all 12 songs, I wouldn’t want something added that prolongs it even more - unless your success on this halfway point wizard mode counts towards speeding up the Progression of the last 6 songs.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Encore is a bad ass wizard mode. I don’t know how I feel about a halfway (6 song) wizard mode. It takes long enough to complete all 12 songs, I wouldn’t want something added that prolongs it even more - unless your success on this halfway point wizard mode counts towards speeding up the Progression of the last 6 songs.

That would be awesome.

A touch of SOS in some shape or form.

I can dream

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cool thought,
Maybe each song that you “complete” by hitting all 12 song requests, equals -1 to the song requests to lite change song?
But in all reality, LFS is just doing additional code to this game because he wants to. Anyone complaining about ACDC code is just bitching to bitch.
It’s a masterpiece, oi mania wasn’t even a thing till the last update, now it’s a complaint that it isn’t there?

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Cool thought,
Maybe each song that you “complete” by hitting all 12 song requests, equals -1 to the song requests to lite change song?
But in all reality, LFS is just doing additional code to this game because he wants to. Anyone complaining about ACDC code is just bitching to bitch.
It’s a masterpiece, oi mania wasn’t even a thing till the last update, now it’s a complaint that it isn’t there?

Disagree.

Complaining isn't the same as wanting an improvement.

Yes, it is a masterpiece.

Yes, Lyman is awesome for having pride in his work to offer continued improvements.

And it is a fact that as it stands Oi Mania is broken.

So, for this, yes, it is fine to want it fixed!

3 weeks later
#570 3 years ago

so, i think STERN should power up their update servers..

R

Power Up  (resized).pngPower Up (resized).png
#571 3 years ago

And it is a fact that as it stands Oi Mania is broken.

So, for this, yes, it is fine to want it fixed!

Go back to the code that was considered "final", where it wasn't even hinted to. Problem solved
J/k, and I know why you feel that way. I just have a good feeling that LFS is working on this in his "spare" time, probably not being paid. Therefore I cut some slack when it comes to this particular title being worked on.

#572 3 years ago

Lyman is a legend, no doubt about that.

I was more thinking that Stern would have got a quick bug fix to the Oi Mania, in the first week or two.

From memory last update was when they did final run of games?

#573 3 years ago

In 8 and a half hours the new song ACDC song will be released .... would be a perfect timing for the final update.

#574 3 years ago

AC/DC got the same reception as GnR is getting when it came out in 2012 as everyone was blown away by the light shows.

Stern's best selling pin?

What a great time to make the best even better?

#575 3 years ago

New stuff, sounds like AC/DC. Honestly didn't expect a new album.

now, can we get some new code to celebrate?

#576 3 years ago

Maybe a code update is a shot in the dark?

Could have fun with that song on a pinball game!

#577 3 years ago

I like the new song and sounds like vintage ACDC, unmistakable sound.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the new song and sounds like vintage ACDC, unmistakable sound.

Sounds kinda like 1990 AC/DC, which I guess might be vintage now. Ha! Not a bad tune.

1 week later
#579 3 years ago

Maybe a code update is a shot in the dark?
Could have fun with that song on a pinball game!

I like that song sounds like vintage ACDC almost like COD.

#580 3 years ago

I never updated to the latest code, will doing so erase anything I added with PB browser as far as song changes and dmd changes to match?

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I never updated to the latest code, will doing so erase anything I added with PB browser as far as song changes and dmd changes to match?

Yes

#582 3 years ago

So basically if I update I lose everything and no easy way to keep it?

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So basically if I update I lose everything and no easy way to keep it?

You’ll have to reload the songs onto the new software patch. I still haven’t updated from 1.65 as I wait for them to fix oi’ mania. Don’t want to have to patch it twice.

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You’ll have to reload the songs onto the new software patch. I still haven’t updated from 1.65 as I wait for them to fix oi’ mania. Don’t want to have to patch it twice.

That’s what I was afraid of.

Never seemed to be able to get pb browser to work properly on my Mac. Not sure I’ll be able to reload the music.

1 week later
#585 3 years ago

While we wait for Oi Mania, I was thinking the Tunes n Stuff would be more fun if random awards?

Thoughts while we wait?

2 weeks later
#587 3 years ago

So, the new album is out now, but.. where´s the code?
i really hoped, STERN would pick this date to make this pinball perfect.

#588 3 years ago

Yes, where's the code? Even if it's just the fix for the code bug that would make oi mania actually work. New stuff I can see taking a while to get to. But mode disabling bug fixes? Should be dealt with rather quickly.

#589 3 years ago

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen oi mania. Is it coded in and if so how do you get it? I still wish a mini wizard mode was installed after 6 songs with maybe shoot to thrill playing for it.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen oi mania. Is it coded in and if so how do you get it? I still wish a mini wizard mode was installed after 6 songs with maybe shoot to thrill playing for it.

You have to hit the 3 devil horn shots in the order they are lit, and then shoot the jukebox to collect the Tunes N Stuff award. Oi mania is the 5th award. Below was taken from the read me file. I don't think the bonus is held like it is supposed to be either...at least the multipliers don't seem to hold.

- Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I don't think the bonus is held like it is supposed to be either...at least the multipliers don't seem to hold.

They don't. I believe the switch-hit part of the bonus isn't held either (the first figure shown in the bonus summary).

#592 3 years ago

Bonus doesn't hold at all when you have "Bonus hold"

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Bonus doesn't hold at all when you have "Bonus hold"

I love how Stern/Lyman is just content to leave BS like this for years.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I love how Stern/Lyman is just content to leave BS like this for years.

To be fair, I expect Lyman wants this done but Stern aren't giving him 'work' time to do it in, so it is his free time.

#595 3 years ago

Please Sir Lyman(you should be knighted for services to pinball) can you Power Up an update, to go with the new album.

1 week later
#596 3 years ago

Presuming Oi Mania does finally get fixed, but a substantive update is not forthcoming, would be great for a few additional call outs.

Would love Ritchie to do a few calls out, as progressing to Encore.

Even one half way would be great.

And keep thinking more fanfare when you get a song jackpot in album and tour multiball, as it's the main reason for playing them.

Simple tweaks, can make a big difference.

Looking like 2021, if anything going to happen.

#597 3 years ago

With the new CD out, now would be the perfect time for a code update!

#598 3 years ago

Presuming Oi Mania does finally get fixed, but a substantive update is not forthcoming, would be great for a few additional call outs.
Would love Ritchie to do a few calls out, as progressing to Encore.
Even one half way would be great.
And keep thinking more fanfare when you get a song jackpot in album and tour multiball, as it's the main reason for playing them.
Simple tweaks, can make a big difference.
Looking like 2021, if anything going to happen.

This reminds me of the one time I tried loading the AC/DC code into Pinball Browser, and I was surprised at the number of (evidently unused) speech calls by Steve Ritchie in that code image.

I mean, there's TONS of speech in there that's never heard during gameplay. I swear, only about 10-15-20% of all the speech in it is actually used. No lie.

So no reason why it couldn't happen. It's already in there, just lying in a "dormant" state.

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

This reminds me of the one time I tried loading the AC/DC code into Pinball Browser, and I was surprised at the number of (evidently unused) speech calls by Steve Ritchie in that code image.
I mean, there's TONS of speech in there that's never heard during gameplay. I swear, only about 10-15-20% of all the speech in it is actually used. No lie.
So no reason why it couldn't happen. It's already in there, just lying in a "dormant" state.

That is both good and bad news!

Who knows if any of them will ever make it into the game?

Can they be added using pinball browser?

1 week later
#600 3 years ago

What are the odds of Santa Lyman being in town this year?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.