35C8027F-CD2B-43C2-927D-AD4F86E98FA4 (resized).jpeg
EF1CE20A-D150-4D32-98AA-BA7BCB814F68 (resized).jpeg
theanswer (resized).jpg
ACDC (resized).jpg
20180217_173739 (resized).jpg
57947442-CE4C-446C-956A-3C7B46A41E21 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180214_152513566 (resized).jpg
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 5 years ago

Of course I’m aware it was just added, which makes it even weirder to introduce as a game feature. This is the only industry where sloppiness is acceptable on major high dollar purchases.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’m sorry... but the fact that Oi Mania mode results in nothing is just stupid. We’re talking about $5-$7k game that’s, what, 6 years old? And it has an achieveable part of the game that does nothing??? What!?!?
Can you imagine if you were playing “Sorry” with your kids and you landed on a square that had references to game cards that didn’t exist?? You be completely flabbergasted.
With the money Stern is asking for these games - new from the factory - they should be complete 6 years post launch. Wow. This is one of the reasons I’ve been turned off to so many of the new releases. There’s zero guarantee you’ll have an uninterrupted experience consistent with a product worth multiples of thousands of dollars.

You still bought one though

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

You still bought one though

I’ve had it 5 years. Did not buy it NIB.

2 weeks later
#454 5 years ago

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/12/11/episode-73-inside-the-mind-of-lyman-sheats/

Great interview!

Lyman talks about AC/DC code.

Says he has already done a multiball/mini-wizard mode after 6 songs!

But, he is not sure if he is going to put into the game.

I REALLY hope he puts it in

If it is a high scoring MB, it will add a ton of strategy as completing 6 songs becomes an additional goal.

Do other people want him to add this feature after 6 songs???

#455 5 years ago

Yes

#456 5 years ago

Yes !!

#457 5 years ago

Yes. Please also add the option for the current song to continue playing from ball to ball, rather than restart.

#458 5 years ago

Yes mini wizard should be added, I’ll venture 90% of owners will never reach the real wizard mode without cheating and taking glass off!

#459 5 years ago

Looking good!

Will post in the owners thread as well.

Would be so frustrating knowing he has coded it, but decided not to include it!

#460 5 years ago

Yes! Please Lyman! Couldn't he just put an option in the settings to disable it if he's worried that some people wouldn't like it?

#461 5 years ago

Surely he wouldn’t tease us with such a revelation and not release it!

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Says he has already done a multiball/mini-wizard mode after 6 songs!

YES!

#463 5 years ago

Yes to the mini wizard mode!!!!

Yes to the option of songs continuing after a drain!!!!

Yes to OI mode!!!

Yes to implementing the live mode in settings!!!!

One final code finish with these incomplete game options would do it Lyman. Please please please.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Surely he wouldn’t tease us with such a revelation and not release it!

He might and don't call him Shirley

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Definitely! And with Lyman, we can trust he'll do so in such a way that is meaningful to scoring, fun, and balanced with the effort it takes to get there.

#466 5 years ago

Seems like Lyman is going to be pretty popular if this is implemented

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Yes to the mini wizard mode!!!!

Yes to the option of songs continuing after a drain!!!!

Yes to OI mode!!!

Yes to implementing the live mode in settings!!!!

Yup, that would do it

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Yes. Please also add the option for the current song to continue playing from ball to ball, rather than restart.

YES YES YES

#469 5 years ago

Well, if Lyman is listening, feedback is positive for something after 6 songs.

Wonder if this happens, if it will happen same time as oi mania fix?

Early 2019?

#470 5 years ago

Put it in. Give those that don’t want it the option to turn it off, or let him just play the old code.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Put it in. Give those that don’t want it the option to turn it off, or let him just play the old code.

This is true, a great thing about owning a pin is you can play around with the settings.

I had XMLE and preferred with hero stack on some folks hated stack on but there was a menu option and you can do whatever you like.

I can never get to the full end of most games but I love when there is a nice satisfying middle level code that makes you want to try to get there. AcDc to me I never even think about Encore might as well not have anything because it’s so far away. If there was an intermediary mode I’d love to have a shot at and play more.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is true, a great thing about owning a pin is you can play around with the settings.
I had XMLE and preferred with hero stack on some folks hated stack on but there was a menu option and you can do whatever you like.
I can never get to the full end of most games but I love when there is a nice satisfying middle level code that makes you want to try to get there. AcDc to me I never even think about Encore might as well not have anything because it’s so far away. If there was an intermediary mode I’d love to have a shot at and play more.

AC/DC is so complex with nuances, that I even forget encore exists. If there is a middle ground wizard mode, it would be great to have callouts that help guide you to it.

“You’ve completed 3 songs, you’re halfway there!”

Or that sort of thing. In fact, it’s surprising more games don’t have speech that tell you when you hit progress milestones along the way.

#473 5 years ago

It's likely much too late in the game to get new call outs but a big hell yes for the 6 song mini wizard.

#474 5 years ago

I've never seen Encore. I might have a chance at 6.

#475 5 years ago

Since we are wishing about things. Remember that TZ had a setting on home ROM you could just play lost in the zone. (I think) I never tried that.

But hell it would be cool if you could just step up and play Encore

Heck it’d be like a new game almost could even have a high score setting for that.

It almost a shame to code such a cool mode that no one gets to play.

#476 5 years ago

One thing I will add from a software perspective, branching paths through code does cost time and money. I personally would much prefer they just focus on new stuff. If you don’t want the new stuff don’t update. Lyman seems to be doing this as a bit of a personal project so let’s not waste time adding functionality so new firmware can be disabled to be just like the old.

#477 5 years ago

I haven’t even updated my machine yet, thought it was buggy.

What are the bigs adds to gameplay?

#478 5 years ago

In minority here but I would love to see a mini wizard mode at 6 but I would prefer it to not be a MB though. Game is already so MB heavy, I'd rather see a cool single ball mode but wouldn't be upset if it was a MB. Just prefer single.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

In minority here but I would love to see a mini wizard mode at 6 but I would prefer it to not be a MB though. Game is already so MB heavy, I'd rather see a cool single ball mode but wouldn't be upset if it was a MB. Just prefer single.

That's a good idea

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Or maybe a 2 ball MB, with a massive SJ somewhere like CFTBL...

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hitting the 5 major shots (ramps, loops, and bell)...then having the option to collect a bonus at the bell via cannon like the scoop in MET for crank it up...or press your luck to got through it again for more points.

#482 5 years ago

Let's all be honest: we'll take what we can get for a mini-wiz mode, if it happens at all, whether multi- or single-ball mode.

But since we're dreaming.... personally, I'd like it to be:
Cannon-based multi-ball mode, requiring you to load/shoot the cannon non-stop at targets/shots other than just the lightning bolt target, while trying to keep multiple balls in play, and use timed locked-ball value multipliers logic (similar to T2, where you get multiplied jackpots you temporarily lock balls in saucers). With ACDC mini-wizard, make cannon shots 2x value when you time-lock a ball in the top saucer, but 4x value when you time-lock a ball behind the bell (prem/LE only, much more difficult than the top saucer), and a sweet 6x if you lock at both shots with one ball still remaining.

EDIT: changed the comparison to T2, because duh... it's the exact same logic. Nothing new under the sun. lol

#483 5 years ago

That may be a little to close to one of the standard modes though. For the life of me I can't recall the song name but one of them is basically shoot the right ramp, load the canon, fire at lit target. Those targets changed based off your progression of the mode. I think it's For Those About To Rock. I do like the lock a ball strategy though. Could get pretty lucrative with PF multipliers running too.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

one of them is basically shoot the right ramp, load the canon, fire at lit target. Those targets changed based off your progression of the mode. I think it's For Those About To Rock.

I avoid that mode at all costs....the last thing I want to do is fire the cannon more often to put the ball in danger when the value is around 1-2 million. Now, if the shot's base value starts and 20 million and doubles every time you reload....now we are talking. This is a mini-wizard mode, let the points fly

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I avoid that mode at all costs....the last thing I want to do is fire the cannon more often to put the ball in danger when the value is around 1-2 million. Now, if the shot's base value starts and 20 million and doubles every time you reload....now we are talking. This is a mini-wizard mode, let the points fly

The song is ‘For those about to Rock’ and I absolutely love playing this during a multiball. Cradle 1 or 2 balls on left flipper, be sure you collected 4 of your 5 multiball shots so your next VIP will add a ball. Then, load cannon and start building the crap out of your song jackpot. Get 2x or 3x rolling and your song jp will sky rocket. Once you use VIP, play out the multiball as you would, then switch songs and cash in your song jackpot. Tough to do, but fun and rewarding.

#486 5 years ago

As for a mini wizard mode. As long as it doesn’t halt or delay progression towards encore too badly, I’m all for it. Maybe whatever song you pick as that 6th song is your mini wizard mode music and when the mode is over the song gets marked complete so you can move onto song 7 easy enough.

Or maybe a lightning round; start song 6 (mini wizard mode begins) load the cannon, hit a target, shoot jukebox > song 7, load cannon, hit two targets, shoot jukebox > song 8, load cannon, hit 3 targets > etc...as long as you don’t drain and you’re good enough, you can work your way up to song 12 and get encore lit.

#487 5 years ago

Thanks for the podcast link. YES on mini encore mode. Also totally agree with what he says about needing clearer call outs and indication of what the song jackpot situation is and what song is next up for MB bonus etc.

Other than that:

Fix Oi Mania

Fix non functioning cannon mode inserts

Allow song to continue between balls

Allow playing live version of songs or maybe make some achievement switch the song

from studio to live (just start the song over since they don’t line up time-wise.

Add an “always active” ball save for 2 seconds after firing the cannon to take care of bs instant drains off of cannon shots that really shouldn’t penalize.

#488 5 years ago

For those people saying Encore is too hard. What settings do you have?

Changing from having to complete 8 shots to light the jukebox to 4 shots would make it much easier. (Realistically that is one of the most welcome changes in latest Metallica update, the defaults have been lowered making it easier to get to EotL).

Also, if you purely focus on completing a song and moving on, it isn't as hard as is being made out.

Forget about the actual score, focus on progression, and you'll get to Encore in no time - it's the way forward.

1 week later
#489 5 years ago

We finally updated the code on our Luci. Is there a rulesheet anywhere for 1.70 code? Could I please have a link if there is one.

Thanks!

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We finally updated the code on our Luci. Is there a rulesheet anywhere for 1.70 code? Could I please have a link if there is one.

Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of. Reference the game code release notes -- it's quite descriptive: http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ACD170LE-README.TXT

TL;DR....
- Jam & Tour MB are easier to qualify. And the subsequent MB's of all three types are easier to get to.
- Added new "STUFF" awards that can be collected from Tunes n Stuff via R loop to upper saucer (after completing a set of Devil Horns shots)
- Big changes to BIB and LTBR modes, making them easier, more lucrative, and more interesting.
- Increased scoring to FTATR, TNT, and R&RTrain modes

Here's a gameplay video: http://tiltforums.com/t/4-acdc-luci-videos-by-pinball-mayhem/3838

Here's some competition play that I believe is all post-1.70 (the first four links) https://pinballvideos.com/m/ac-dc

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Not that I'm aware of. Reference the game code release notes -- it's quite descriptive: http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ACD170LE-README.TXT
TL;DR....
- Jam & Tour MB are easier to qualify. And the subsequent MB's of all three types are easier to get to.
- Added new "STUFF" awards that can be collected from Tunes n Stuff via R loop to upper saucer (after completing a set of Devil Horns shots)
- Big changes to BIB and LTBR modes, making them easier, more lucrative, and more interesting.
Here's a gameplay video: http://tiltforums.com/t/4-acdc-luci-videos-by-pinball-mayhem/3838
Here's some competition play that I believe is all post-1.70 (the first four links) https://pinballvideos.com/m/ac-dc

That is awesome. Thanks very much for posting the info, much appreciated.

#492 5 years ago

Mini wizard mode and bug fixes would be cool. But all I really want still is the ability to disable the cannon mech and have the ball drop to the right inlane to shoot instead.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

TL;DR....

Looking forward to the oi mania fix.

And still hoping Lyman adds whatever he has created for completing 6 songs.

Please

6 months later
#494 4 years ago

so with the celebration of 40 years "Highway to Hell" and the (todays?) release of the tour dates , some code polish would be very exciting. ( or "excellent" )

#495 4 years ago

Still hoping for the oi mania fix

#496 4 years ago

Hope is good, but don't think necessary in this case... just patience

1 week later
#497 4 years ago

Another Batman update has also been in the works, but really hope Lyman will give ACDC a final polish.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Another Batman update has also been in the works, but really hope Lyman will give ACDC a final polish.

At the very least, please fix oi mania.

Pretty please

#499 4 years ago

Funny thing is, many people defended acdc code as completed and a masterpiece before finding out the code would be polished. Now we are having a discussion and there are a handful of ideas that continue to be put forward and most agree are missing, but needed. Mini wizard after 6 modes, songs continue rather than restarting between balls, bonus for switching songs, option to use live songs during gameplay and fixing Oi mb are all great ideas that are needed for AC/DC code to become best.

I’d like to see expanded rules and additional programming of shots on lower playfield and for bigger points to be earned. The lower pf is fun with five targets and programmable lit inserts. Exploit the player’s time spent there by having a handful of micro modes. Micro meaning less than mini. Give me a reason to go down on Lucy and to collect multiple jackpots.

Another item sorely missing is programming for the AC/DC targets during cannon mb. Target lit for collecting jackpot should be random and vary for every new attempt. Super easy way to bring more excitement and add challenge with a targeted effort.

#500 4 years ago

What is cannon multiball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.