Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I was watching the Championship playoffs and the announcers were discussing how many games got new code for PAPA 18. Of the many they mentioned, ACDC came as a surprise to me. Does this mean we might be getting new ACDC code released to public soon?

#2 9 years ago

Really? That's a bit of a shock! The final polish?

#3 9 years ago

they mentionied ACDC, TWD, ST, Met too I think. Busy, busy Stern.

#4 9 years ago

If ACDC got any changes, it may have just got a scoring tweak for Hells Bells/VIP Pass. That's just speculation on my part. Maybe the VIP pass no longer hits the bell?

Rob

#5 9 years ago

They are probably just tweaks for tournament purposes, but any changes that improve game play are a plus.

#6 9 years ago

ACDC adjusted Hells Bells scoring primarily.

#7 9 years ago

Well that is a let down... I wonder if we will ever see a significant update? Don't get me wrong - I love the game, but there are quite a few things that could be so much better.

#8 9 years ago

I don't know I would be happy with nerfing Hells Bells.

#9 9 years ago

Are we going to see this update?

#10 9 years ago

also a CSI update I think

#11 9 years ago

I would like to see something done with BIB and FTATR. BIB is by far the most difficult song to qualify the note shots. Maybe make it a single lit roving target to hit instead of having the drop all the targets? Dropping all targets after qualifying notes increases shot scores.

Rob

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are we going to see this update?

It was a long time before 1.68 was finally released. Although some said it had a bug in it and maybe that was part of the reason. It basically nerfed one of the other hell songs and lower playfield scoring.

Rob

#13 9 years ago

I didn't even download 1.68 from 1.65 as I didn't see any big differences.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I would like to see something done with BIB and FTATR. BIB is by far the most difficult song to qualify the note shots. Maybe make it a single lit roving target to hit instead of having the drop all the targets? Dropping all targets after qualifying notes increases shot scores.
Rob

I like that idea

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I didn't even download 1.68 from 1.65 as I didn't see any big differences.

Apparently you don't play H2H much

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Apparently you don't play H2H much

Can you elaborate please. Is it worth changing?

#17 9 years ago

Stern has nothing in met.

Was excited when they said that but now I'm fearful it's a mistake. Can't be much to change in met, minor tweaks I guess. If it's true hopefully it shows up on stern soon.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you elaborate please. Is it worth changing?

H2H was crippled in 1.68 to make it more tournament balanced. I like how it used to be but I'll always update to the current code since usually there are bug fixes in updates also.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

also a CSI update I think

Anything of note or just polish?

#20 9 years ago

If they pop-off Cannon code, the AC/DC universe will explode

#21 9 years ago

Csi like hmmm why?

#22 9 years ago

For some reason I fear the ACDC update will be little more then bug fixes I hope I'm wrong.

It's now been nearly 2 years since the last substantial ACDC update. Stern, please give us the cannon modes, incorporate the lower playfield in some other unique ways (maybe add a mini loop champion high score!) and increase the use of the swinging bell and the shot behind it.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Anything of note or just polish?

CSI code addressed a specific tournament strategy that exploited playfield validation.

#24 9 years ago

Does the new AC/DC code fix the bug where no progress can be made towards lighting the cannon for a song jackpot if a superlane is lit ?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Does the new AC/DC code fix the bug where no progress can be made towards lighting the cannon for a song jackpot if a superlane is lit ?

I didn't know there was a bug like that. I find the super modes are mostly 'uninspired' except for maybe super outlane because it doubles or triples the bonus count. Most players probably ignore the super modes. I never pay much attention to what they are doing or which ones are lit.

Rob

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I didn't know there was a bug like that. I find the super modes are mostly 'uninspired' except for maybe super outlane because it doubles or triples the bonus count. Most players probably ignore the super modes. I never pay much attention to what they are doing or which ones are lit.
Rob

Inlane/outlanes max bonus multiplier. pretty ridiculous exploit!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Inlane/outlanes max bonus multiplier. pretty ridiculous exploit!

I'm not sure I follow, what 'exploit' are you talking about? Inlanes only gives you 2x value for the next shot. Miss it and you get nothing. The outlanes gives you 2x and then 3x total bonus. But I wouldn't call that an exploit?

Rob

#28 9 years ago

sorry, you can do this off a plunge and it does not count towards playfield validation

2 weeks later
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For some reason I fear the ACDC update will be little more then bug fixes I hope I'm wrong.
It's now been nearly 2 years since the last substantial ACDC update. Stern, please give us the cannon modes, incorporate the lower playfield in some other unique ways (maybe add a mini loop champion high score!) and increase the use of the swinging bell and the shot behind it.

Yes, I agree. Also some scoring tweaks like the multiball cannon shot would be nice. It's a shot worth almost nothing and has no other value/purpose for the multiball. It could have been something like an add-a-ball shot plus points and then maybe there's a reason to shoot it.

Rob

#30 9 years ago

The 2 year anniversary since the last large ACDC code update passed on 3/22...Hopefully Stern has one last substantial ACDC update in the works.

4 weeks later
#31 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

ACDC adjusted Hells Bells scoring primarily.

I haven't tried yet, but someone said you can use a VIP to score the super skill shot. Sacrifice one VIP to get two VIP. Would anyone consider that being cheezy or not?

edit: I tried this, you don't get 2 VIP for using a VIP on a super skill shot.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-code-at-papa-18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.