Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 411 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png
    IMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    legs (resized).jpg
    atat (resized).jpg
    61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg
    0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg
    7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    multi pinball (resized).jpg
    7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg
    EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg
    188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 4 years ago

Congrats to Toyshock for beating Stern to market with a sub-$500 pinball machine. Not much here to repair - cabinet, monitor, cables, pc, lights and buttons, and monitor or cabinet being the most likely point of failure. Virtual Pinball does have its advantages and these are Gottlieb’s best titles other than Stargate. If these sell, expect to see titles offered from other manufacturers.

Ironically the point of virtual pinball is one cabinet and multiple games. One should be able to add modules to existing game without having to buy an additional machine.

1 week later
    #188 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Big reveal announcement:
    The very first Toyshock Digital Pinball Machine is on it’s way and will be arriving at “PDubs Arcade Loft” on Wednesday 27th! We're excited to bring you the exclusive unboxing LIVE event from the Official Facebook Fan Page!

This sounds pretty fun. Will you be spending the first hour plus of podcast assembling the pin? It took me six hours to assemble a 1up arcade and that was very boring to watch.

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

I like the idea of these and think the price is ok but I just can't see past that HUGE bezel Daaaaaamnn that is thick. If you could install a much larger screen it would be far more appealing.

Toy Shock is the only one building a $400 pin and surely many compromises were made. They are not trying to appeal to a Pinball collector who wants upgrades. Screen size was probably the first thing they figured out. This undoubtedly requires material to be purchased in bulk and for the end result to be one simple product ie all the same. They probably did some market research to pick $400 as the point that people are willing to spend money on entertainment. To that end, if they were to increase screen size and offer upgrades, they wouldn’t be able to hit the target numbers. Keep in mind, the large bezel may be required to provide structural integrity.

Working backwards and considering hypothetical unit costs ...$400 price - $75 profit - $25 design, marketing and customer service - $25 license - $25 transportation = $250 cost of goods. Not easy to manufacture the entire kits for that bill of material when a full size wood cabinet costs $1k.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Yeah i understand this is not marketed at us but would of been cool if had more a pinball shape to it. Id probably of just gone with a smaller cabinet maybe if that was the screen they wanted. This way the back box could extend over the smaller cabinet like a real machine.
    But who cares long as they sell!

Yeah I have always believed the magic number was $500, but I won’t be buying one either. It needs a bigger screen to capture and keep my attention and it sounds like the CPU might be maxed out. Their low cost, Volkswagen Beetle approach will be a great one to watch. These are not sold on Amazon yet, but should they appear in the future for $400 with free shipping, they’d reach another audience.

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

The Cue Ball Wizard looks much better than HH.

Black Hole looks best. Hope the cabinet image is reversed before printing.

#283 4 years ago

Went to Brandsmart tonight and they had 6 1up arcade machines set up. It was nice to try them all. I am sure they would have offered the 3/4 pinball machines if they had been available. Would like to judge the flipper lag myself, since that is a known issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.