Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 411 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png
    IMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    legs (resized).jpg
    atat (resized).jpg
    61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg
    0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg
    7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    multi pinball (resized).jpg
    7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg
    EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg
    188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 4 years ago

In the style of arcade1up, these little machines will probably piss off most die-hards, but someone might like them

579BC0E3-B747-4A02-AD6B-51E04F7D74EB (resized).png579BC0E3-B747-4A02-AD6B-51E04F7D74EB (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

They’re made by toyshock TAIYO

http://www.toyshock.com/

#3 4 years ago

I’m pissed off.

#4 4 years ago

Hmmmm..... that might be pretty sweet for the kids!

#5 4 years ago

Centigrade 37 and TX Sector are on the game list.

#6 4 years ago

The bezel is huge and it doesn’t look like the backbox image changes.

#7 4 years ago

Not terrible for kids and with space / budget limitations

But in the end.... it’s a lower end toy

Nice selection of GTB titles though

Wish the Playfield lcd was bigger

#8 4 years ago

I wonder how long before we expand the library of tables.
    -Mike

#9 4 years ago

I just impulsively pre-ordered one. I really don't have any more room in my gameroom but might could squeeze this into the place that I was going to put one more Arcade 1up cabinet on the other side of the room from the pinballs...

#10 4 years ago

I think these are cool and I really do not care for virtual pinball. What I like is the fact that they will help bring pinball to the mainstream, and helping kids get into pinball-good stuff.

#11 4 years ago

This can only help younger kids get into pinball... and maybe me one day into finally seeing what the hype of Goin Nuts is about.

Just sucks the kids will be exposed to Gottlieb games as their first

#13 4 years ago

These will probably get chided just like the Arcade 1up video boxes, but I think they are a great thing for a lot of different people outside the hardcore pinhead arena.

#14 4 years ago

Wait till after christmas $160 to 200.
    My grandkids will be getting one.

#15 4 years ago

I’m on the fence. I don’t mind video pins, but there’s lots of room for improvement. My last full size virtual pin just didn’t do it for me. The screen should be bigger then it is to reduce those bezels. I wonder the processing power and how good it will run. Will it be hackable to add more games? (Probably not).

If these started to come out with different manufacturers would people collect them like they do with arcade1up? I doubt it.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

This can only help younger kids get into pinball...

But if it plays like crap, it may get those kids right out of pinball before they even touch a "real" machine.

#17 4 years ago

I think these are really cool. Anything to bring more pinball to the masses IMHO.

#18 4 years ago

Watch this video to get yourself pumped up, not that lamer that can’t pronounce “Gottlieb”:

And shit, I just picked up a really nice original Centigrade 37 this week. Oh well, off to the dumpster with it...

#19 4 years ago

Very cool toy. If they are on sale after Christmas it may be worth a look; wonder what kind of connectors they use for display, could you move all the parts to an empty standard cabinet and use a bigger display?

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Watch this video to get yourself pumped up, not that lamer that can’t pronounce “Gottlieb”:
    And shit, I just picked up a really nice original Centigrade 37 this week. Oh well, off to the dumpster with it...

Was that the one in Saskatoon with the Bank A Ball also available?

#21 4 years ago

At $400 this will bring in a lot of non-pinheads and that can't be bad for the hobby

#22 4 years ago

Who knew Wal-Mart sells full size pins also? $7199 for star wars, Munsters, aerosmith, etc. What a deal! And only $3999 for the star wars home pin.

#23 4 years ago

Looks pretty darn cool and I'd buy one at a discount for sure.

#24 4 years ago

I look forward to the raspberry pi mods, screen upgrades, and real nudge being added.

#25 4 years ago

24" LCD screen is smaller than the PC monitor that most of us have on our desk. I guess it beats playing on a phone screen.

They ripped off their name from TAITO. Interested to hear how it plays.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

But if it plays like crap, it may get those kids right out of pinball before they even touch a "real" machine.

Hey, it's Gottlieb games. The real machines play like crap anyways

#27 4 years ago

Thanks again Pinside great find. My grandson now has a new Xmas gift on order! Much better then the Zizzle box we were considering.

#28 4 years ago

For less $$$ i might consider one of these after the holidays. Kinda cool actually

#29 4 years ago

Any bets how long it takes before some jack ass lists one on CL or Ebay as a RARE mini pin?

#30 4 years ago

Make it 3/4 size and garbage and suddenly everybody is on board with Virtual Pinball. Who knew.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

I look forward to the raspberry pi mods, screen upgrades, and real nudge being added.

Is VP running on Raspi yet? My last VP machine was an old PC, but it ran pretty well. Even at the small form factor this is a cheap way to get a cabinet with buttons to support a Virtual build using another system. Be on the lookout for sales.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Who knew Wal-Mart sells full size pins also? $7199 for star wars, Munsters, aerosmith, etc. What a deal! And only $3999 for the star wars home pin.

Walmart offers a retailer marketplace. as far as I can see, they are selling the Home Pin, but the other machines for sale are from sellers in the "Walmart Marketplace"

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks again Pinside great find. My grandson now has a new Xmas gift on order! Much better then the Zizzle box we were considering.

I tend to agree here. I mean I bought a Zizzle for my god kids a few years back. They like it and have fun with it but they are in the iPad generation. They will love this. At their age they don't care what pins they are playing. They just like banging around on the thing.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I tend to agree here. I mean I bought a Zizzle for my god kids a few years back. They like it and have fun with it but they are in the iPad generation. They will love this. At their age they don't care what pins they are playing. They just like banging around on the thing.

That’s my thought. He (3 years old) plays on an iPad all day so this is a nice way to acclimate him slowly into grandpas hobby with several game titles to keep it fresh. We’ll teach him mechanical repair down the road. You don’t have to be a pinball purist to still enjoy the game. Glad I held back on the Zizzle

#35 4 years ago

The question will be is there noticeable lag‍♂️ That would ruin the experience from the start.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shado1w:

The question will be is there noticeable lag. That would ruin the experience from the start.

#37 4 years ago

Never Pinside and drive

#38 4 years ago

This is going to be a mod dream for vpin guys to give to their kids. I may have to get one after reviews and mods show up

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

He (3 years old) plays on an iPad all day

Really?

#40 4 years ago

Probably the only way I would ever get a Tx Sector without paying the big bucks!

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Probably the only way I would ever get a Tx Sector without paying the big bucks!

Wait, do people actually pay "big bucks" for Tx Sector?

#42 4 years ago

This makes far more sense for a “home pinball” than the $4k “Home” games Stern is making. The price is right & they don’t have the physical parts to break.

#43 4 years ago

I definitely think there is a place in the hobby for this. Put some more/better titles on it and drop it $100 and I would probably buy it.

#44 4 years ago

Ill be watching for a black friday deal on this!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wait, do people actually pay "big bucks" for Tx Sector?

Wait, do people actually buy for Tx Sector?

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I definitely think there is a place in the hobby for this. Put some more/better titles on it and drop it $100 and I would probably buy it.

Ha. Yeah I think that is the thing. The reason its this price with these titles. It allows them to keep it at this price point.

I would assume the geometry, physics aren't top rate.

There is a reason the VR pins cost what they do. They are highly advance when it comes to the physics and refresh rates and such.

This is geared toward kids and people that are just looking for a physical toy to have in the basement.

#47 4 years ago

Miss my bone busters, easy way to play one again, although not the same

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Ha. Yeah I think that is the thing. The reason its this price with these titles. It allows them to keep it at this price point.
    I would assume the geometry, physics aren't top rate.
    There is a reason the VR pins cost what they do. They are highly advance when it comes to the physics and refresh rates and such.
    This is geared toward kids and people that are just looking for a physical toy to have in the basement.

This should be pretty easy to drop a PC in, run vpin and have all the newer games running... if it only has those gottlieb titles I wonder if they worked with the pinball arcade and ripped a version off and compiled for a SOM.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes, Really?

Sad

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-?hl=misterschu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.