Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 411 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png
    IMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    legs (resized).jpg
    atat (resized).jpg
    61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg
    0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg
    7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    multi pinball (resized).jpg
    7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg
    EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg
    188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 4 years ago

Definitely picking one of these up once they new cabinet artwork models drop. Not a huge fan of the Haunted House cab.

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Definitely picking one of these up once they new cabinet artwork models drop. Not a huge fan of the Haunted House cab.

I'll probably pick one up also. But do want the Haunted house cab. Just wish it had devils dare on it though.

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Just in: ToyShock has fixed the lag in the flipper and the high score issues in the game. All new models will be shipped corrected.

Any Idea on What are they offering to the people whom bought the first one and has these issues?

#354 4 years ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

Any Idea on What are they offering to the people whom bought the first one and has these issues?

It was stated as a software issue and that they would take care of previous customers. Didn't read the whole thing since I don't have one. Supposed to give an official announcement soon.

#355 4 years ago

Might get one when they have the C37 cab,,,,,,,,,

#356 4 years ago

I do hope they can offer something for us with the lagging software. I've bought the game first week available. Honestly, I'd even pay a bit for some upgrade. It's really a great value... but the flipper LAG is irritating

#357 4 years ago

Here is the post from the FB page.
    "Hey Folks - Farsight Studios has fixed the "lag" and "high score issues" I've mentioned it here on this page and my YouTube channel. (PDubs Arcade Loft) couple software bugs nothing hardware related. The next batch of machines coming this Spring will be running smoothly and at the desired 60Frames per second. Note there will also be good news for existing Toy Shock Owners as well, However waiting on Toy Shock to confirm dates/availability/details, etc. And we will make an announcement on the fan page. As you can imagine things in China have been a hot mess and have delayed Toy Shock, AtGames, and dozens of other tech companies and their "first quarter starts" if you will. Good news to come, hang in there I'm sure Toy Shock appreciates our patience and understanding of the overseas delays. Can't wait to share good news for all.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/toyshock/

#359 4 years ago

Farsight should focus more on TPA for mobile and iPad. They were kickin ass for a while and then just bombed.

1 week later
    #360 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Here is the post from the FB page.
    "Hey Folks - Farsight Studios has fixed the "lag" and "high score issues" I've mentioned it here on this page and my YouTube channel. (PDubs Arcade Loft) couple software bugs nothing hardware related. The next batch of machines coming this Spring will be running smoothly and at the desired 60Frames per second. Note there will also be good news for existing Toy Shock Owners as well, However waiting on Toy Shock to confirm dates/availability/details, etc. And we will make an announcement on the fan page. As you can imagine things in China have been a hot mess and have delayed Toy Shock, AtGames, and dozens of other tech companies and their "first quarter starts" if you will. Good news to come, hang in there I'm sure Toy Shock appreciates our patience and understanding of the overseas delays. Can't wait to share good news for all.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/toyshock/

Thanks. Any idea on when new units might be available here?

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Thanks. Any idea on when new units might be available here?

I've heard Q3 but with what's gong on in China who knows when they will.

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Just in: ToyShock has fixed the lag in the flipper and the high score issues in the game. All new models will be shipped corrected.

Haha, I was talking to the pinball arcade employee at ces about this... and how to test on android builds cheap. That’s great to hear!

1 month later
    #363 3 years ago

Anything new?

#364 3 years ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

Anything new?

with the covid shutdown, i wouldn't expect games anytime soon :/

#366 3 years ago

UGH, those legs! Fitting they are showing Star Wars.

atat (resized).jpgatat (resized).jpg

legs (resized).jpglegs (resized).jpg

#367 3 years ago

Give me a link to buy.

#368 3 years ago

I would like an idiot standing up playing that thing. No thanks.

#369 3 years ago

Those legs look oddly oversized.

#370 3 years ago

Do it properly, real cab, real leaf switches, real dmd, ( color ). everything real, except the actually pinball game itself. hahaha, oh well... hey I enjoy it, would love to compare mine to these ones.

IMG_5903 (resized).JPGIMG_5903 (resized).JPGIMG_5904 (resized).JPGIMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    #371 3 years ago
    Quoted from tech25:

Do it properly, real cab, real leaf switches, real dmd, ( color ). everything real, except the actually pinball game itself. hahaha, oh well... hey I enjoy it, would love to compare mine to these ones.[quoted image][quoted image]

Been there, done that,. Built one from scratch 9 years ago. Sold it. But I like the idea of these mini pinball games to fit in with the arcade 1 up’s I already have.

Here’s my build VP thread
    https://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/2340-mortal-pinball-kombat-a-build-thread/

1 month later
    #372 3 years ago

Yeah I preordered mine played it a few times, and that was it. Sort of just a big paper weight at this time, the lag issues were too much to try and work with for me, so I hope they push out some sort of update or fix. I still haven’t herd anything about it.
    I don’t know that I’m inclined to even get another one be it from a different manufacturer or not.

#373 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trepidus:

Yeah I preordered mine played it a few times, and that was it. Sort of just a big paper weight at this time, the lag issues were too much to try and work with for me, so I hope they push out some sort of update or fix. I still haven’t herd anything about it.
    I don’t know that I’m inclined to even get another one be it from a different manufacturer or not.

What I found out with building mine is that the lag can be reduced to almost nothing. You have to muck with your graphics card settings, I think the solution was reducing the number of pre rendered frames to 0. I doubt the hardware/software configuration in these will be optimized for pinball. Also The tv is a big component in lag. I researched for a quick tv and found a nice sony, but I’d assume the cheap panels that they put into these toys are slow.

So with a good machine it is possible to have close to accurate game play. If you’re just playing video pinball your brain will compensate with time and you’ll get better. But if you’re jumping back and forth between real pinball and virtual pinball, then it will never feel right.

2 months later
    #374 3 years ago

Just announced:
    Free replacement boards to fix lag and high scores (you only pay nominal shipping)

Canadian distribution starting this fall.

New Black Hole cab shipping this fall. Will have 6 of the popular games and 6 new games. Bigger shooter knob and adjustable legs.

New bezel available.

Looks like they are listening!

#375 3 years ago

JodyG... that's great news.

Where do I find the info / link to pay for it (shipping)?

Thanks
    Kerry

#376 3 years ago

There’s a long podcast with the CEO from yesterday. For some reason my iPad won’t copy the URL. The YouTuber is Restalgia, you could search his playlist.

8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png
    #377 3 years ago

I will check out the video, I have went to ToyShock’s contact page and have sent three messages over the last few months asking how to get the updated PCB to fix the lag, no response yet.

#378 3 years ago

Sounds like they are supposed to add a link to their web-site tomorrow for the replacement boards... hope it’s true...

#379 3 years ago

Also they are now making table top pins.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #381 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

There’s a long podcast with the CEO from yesterday. For some reason my iPad won’t copy the URL. The YouTuber is Restalgia, you could search his playlist.

Here is the link:

#382 3 years ago

If the 6 new games are the system 3 ones, ill probably pre-order. I'll probably pre-order anyway, as the Black Hole cabinet looks much better than the HH one.

#383 3 years ago

Checked their web-site and did not see anything in regards to the replacement pcb’s, anyone have any luck finding? I thought they were going to have something out there this past Monday?

#386 3 years ago

Any idea how to get the replacement PCB if you don’t have Facebook?

#387 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Any idea how to get the replacement PCB if you don’t have Facebook?

Instructions are in the description on the video's Youtube page. Copied below.

****INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO GET A PCB BOARD SWAP FROM TOY SHOCK FOR $10!****
    PCB Board Replacement News!
    There were requests for an alternate way to ship other than C.O.D.
    The new board request and shipping information is as follows:
    Shipping & Handling is $10.00, and it will ship in a 5x5x3 box.

Option 1:
    Personal Check
    Please send a check to:
    TOY SHOCK
    6710 Virginia Parkway, Suite 215-30
    McKinney, TX 75071
    Please include your Name, Shipping Address, Phone Number, Email Address and Where Purchased.

Option 2:
    Venmo App (Free)
    If you do not have the app, it is a very simple download and set-up.
    After set-up, Click “VPay or Request”
    Enter - Toyshock
    Select – Jeff Falke
    @TOYSHOCK
    You will be asked to enter CODE # 3960. This is only for the first time.
    Enter $10.00 (shipping &handling fee)
    Then below, it will request “What’s it for” - Enter PCB Board, Your Name, Shipping Address, Phone Number, Email Address and Where Purchased.
    Then Click “Pay” to complete payment.

#388 3 years ago

Thanks!

#389 3 years ago

Thanks Blackjacker

#390 3 years ago

2 of the 6 new games added will be teed off,and gladiator.

#391 3 years ago

This is so awesome! I have 15 full-size games downstairs, but I love the form factor of the original Toyshock, and will be enjoying this upgrade!

4 weeks later
    #392 3 years ago

Anyone order and receive the replacement PCB? I ordered and was advised they would be shipping soon but it’s been awhile, maybe in the delayed COVID shipping process.

1 month later
    #393 3 years ago

I just received this text

Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
    #394 3 years ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

I just received this text
    [quoted image]

Price?

#395 3 years ago

None I see listed,but it says gamestop will be a seller of them and there's a afm and sw coming also

#396 3 years ago

I think its $549 plus tax and ship depending on location.

#397 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #398 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I think its $549 plus tax and ship depending on location.

Shipping is free from GameStop.

#399 3 years ago

Eagerly awaiting for the preorder to open up on the AFM cabinet!

#400 3 years ago

Im also curious if anybody has received their PCB and how it plays.

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-/page/8?hl=jarson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.