Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 411 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png
    IMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    legs (resized).jpg
    atat (resized).jpg
    61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg
    0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg
    7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    multi pinball (resized).jpg
    7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg
    EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg
    188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg
    There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 4 years ago

RE: performance they probably chose the cheapest MCU/ARM SoC that could support the desired resolution. All other conditions secondary... Like response time

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

RE: performance they probably chose the cheapest MCU/ARM SoC that could support the desired resolution. All other conditions secondary... Like response time

I'd like to know how they are driving the alphanumeric leds from the android system? via usb or something? Any one know how the segs are hooked up to the board set?

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Yes but could it be that vpcabs probably has more cpu power and hence better graphics/physics
    So no floaty balls?

They offer mid grade pc’s. It is insane with the price you’d think they’d go a little more powerful. The diy people are throwing some serious power in the pcs

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

The diy people are throwing some serious power in the pcs

I think that's mostly to support VPX with higher graphics settings at 1080p or 4k table resolutions. Pinball FX3 and Pinball Arcade have comparatively lower PC requirements.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flipstream:

I think that's mostly to support VPX with higher graphics settings at 1080p or 4k table resolutions. Pinball FX3 and Pinball Arcade have comparatively lower PC requirements.

the diy people have been throwing serious pc's since I got into it in 2012. Although back then it wasn't multithreaded etc so you'd run different things on different cores and why have slow or bad gfx so throw more at it

#306 4 years ago

Ordered one, Finally got it in (a few days after it was supposed to be here). Set it up which was very easy, put the legs on undo two screws in the back box, connect 3 small plugs install the bolts for the back box place the cover and two screws back in, move it to the location you want to play and plug it in. I played it a few times. not going to say i am in love with the thing. Its "neat" for kids like it was designed for. The delay from the flipper button to the flipper is very frustrating. For me this makes stopping the ball or shooting specific targets difficult.
    I will say that the graphics are nice and clear but it is a long shot for them to call it a "3D" screen as some of the games are difficult for me to tell the difference in what is going on in the PF.
    I dont know why they didnt just write out the rules card so you can actually read it. What they did was take the original and shrink it making it blurry. (you can access the rules from the menu section). On a couple the rules card even looks folded in the corner.
    It is nice getting to have access to the different games
    Why would you ever put a pause button on a pinball machine?
    Just my two cents.

#307 4 years ago

Could the "lag" be improved/eliminated with a software upgrade?

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Six beers will compensate for lag.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

LOL it's pinball arcade. The software is dead

#310 4 years ago

Ours finally arrived today. Finally Xmas shopping is done. Do they make juice box Pingulps? Our grandson will love it lag or not. As long as Sesame Street does air an episode about Playfield dimpling or code updates he will love it without question.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

LOL it's pinball arcade. The software is dead

It must be a custom version made for this machine? to support the segs etc...

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Lag is mostly due to the monitor being used I bet. Get one with a faster response time.

#313 4 years ago

The Cybertruck is jealous of that bezel.

#314 4 years ago

Ordered the toy shock 3/4 pin with no expectations just on a chance. Well my 7 year old loved it he said it fits him and its not too big for him like the real pins. I played it all afternoon and it is well built and actually fun. It is more in line with the Gottlieb spongy flippers which gives it an authentic feel. If you played these table on pinball arcade you will notice that the Gottlieb tables have a more squishy feel which represent the real thing. To some this may seem laggy. I actually own class of 1812 table and the one on this little pin is not too bad (played a 30 minute game and it kept me entertained). If you go in it for fun and not expected to be the real thing it is actually not bad.

There is no where your going to find a cab with 12 virtual pins for $400.00 you get fun for the kids and even yourself for less than a topper. I played all of the tables on this little cab and the only one that is real laggy is going nuts (still you get 11 good virtual tables). I enjoy this experience better than my Ipad because it has flippers and nudge. The nudge works very good.

So for those on the fence I hope this review gives you an outlook from an average player with kids in the 7-10 age group. Marry Christmas....

#315 4 years ago

Got mine today and played every game,some 2 or 3 times.Heres my take.Im not a purist by any means but this game comes up short.3 strikes and your out.Slow ball speed,floaty,and the worst is the flipper delay.Bought it for a3 and 5 year old but will let them learn on the real thing.Our brains can’t compute the lag. I bought it after watching the unboxing and play video that said there was no flipper lag.Liar!!! I thought I was street smart but I was duped.Live and learn,or just return it.

#316 4 years ago

It would be nice to see a video of the flipper lag if someone is willing to take one. It would give us an idea if the lag is the same on all machines and who might be accepting of the lag time.

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

It would be nice to see a video of the flipper lag if someone is willing to take one. It would give us an idea if the lag is the same on all machines and who might be accepting of the lag time.

I don’t think it(flipper lag)will really show, but gameplay is floaty. I played C37 right after on my IPad and the game felt 50% faster. Lag is probably a 1/4 of a second at most and doesn’t feel too bad if the ball is dropping on the flipper, but rolling down an outlane and onto a flipper was terrible IMO.

#318 4 years ago

Yeah, flipper lag was the reason I lost internet in virtual pinball and sold my project. I've never played one that didn't have even the slightest of flipper lag. I don't give a shit about shiny ball reflections or ball physics if the software can't emulate basic flipper controls.

I view virtual pinball as broken if it can't accurately perform the job every pinball machine has - flip the f'ing flippers.

But, if this little cabinet was on sale for $200 or less? I'd probably buy one as a decoration for the bar area.

#319 4 years ago

Please can someone post a short video showing gameplay on 'Lights, Camera, Action'?

Very much appreciated.

#320 4 years ago

Can someone take a video of C37? Thanks

#321 4 years ago

When is someone going to mod the cab for a PC vpin? Or a more powerful android would work....

#322 4 years ago

Hey there,
    I made this video for those who have been asking.
    I am not a pro at any of this so its not the greatest but its something

#323 4 years ago

I just cant look past that HUGE bezel, just completely ruins the illusion of a pinball machine for me. Maybe if it was black or something. Hopefully some one mods it out with a better sized monitor you can switch in

#324 4 years ago

You can’t upgrade the computer. It’s meant to run Older games and has just enough power to do so. If you want to run more games and faster you need to build a vpin yourself. It is what it is and performs ok for a kids game

Quoted from northvibe:

When is someone going to mod the cab for a PC vpin? Or a more powerful android would work....

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Most people with serious interest in a vpin (read: not interested in a toy build) probably won't want to start with this. There's so much to strip out first, and unless you're really incapable of DIY, it's literally cheaper to just buy the cabinet grade plywood and legs to build a cabinet to work with.

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trepidus:

Hey there,
    I made this video for those who have been asking.
    I am not a pro at any of this so its not the greatest but its something

from the perspective that you shot it when pointing out the buttons, it makes it look like the machine is one of those 1/12th scale arcade reproductions. either that or you're a giant
    multi pinball (resized).jpgmulti pinball (resized).jpg

#327 4 years ago

Been a lot of talk in this thread about the arcade 1UPs. Never really thought much of them or looked into them much til I saw one today. Local FYE at the mall had the Asteroids version. Has like 4 other games included. Was on sale for 99.99. Is this a no-brainer purchase? I love the game, played it like hell when I was young. Is this a can't miss for the price, and are they worth it??

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Been a lot of talk in this thread about the arcade 1UPs. Never really thought much of them or looked into them much til I saw one today. Local FYE at the mall had the Asteroids version. Has like 4 other games included. Was on sale for 99.99. Is this a no-brainer purchase? I love the game, played it like hell when I was young. Is this a can't miss for the price, and are they worth it??

To me the Asteroids cabinet was a no-brainer, but that's because it has Tempest as one of the games included in it. In order for the cabinet to be useful for playing Tempest, though, you have to replace the stock spinner with one that Glenn Palimento (sp?) made and sells through Amazon for $30 or so. Once you have that spinner, Tempest is a dream to play, even though it's obviously using emulated vector graphics...

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Fop that price I would buy as many as I could. The 1ups are pretty good with a little help. What I mean by a little help is. Many people replace the buttons with led lit buttons, replace the spinner as parsonsaj mentioned. Ad light up marquee and riser. All the games on this cab play pretty good. I've owned 3 of the 4 in real arcade games ad have no complaint playing these. Forgot to mention you can also replace the 17" monitor with a 19" monitor.

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can’t upgrade the computer. It’s meant to run Older games and has just enough power to do so. If you want to run more games and faster you need to build a vpin yourself. It is what it is and performs ok for a kids game

Upgrade? No I mean drop a PC in it

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

Most people with serious interest in a vpin (read: not interested in a toy build) probably won't want to start with this. There's so much to strip out first, and unless you're really incapable of DIY, it's literally cheaper to just buy the cabinet grade plywood and legs to build a cabinet to work with.

I have the full vpin build but this form factor is perfect for small spaces

#333 4 years ago

So drop a pc into it, And a second monitor for the backglass, run vpin and configure it for all the tables you want and you have a 1k mini vpin but still need a way to hook in the flippers and plunger, so might as well built a vpin From scratch or enjoy the 400 game for what it is

Quoted from northvibe:

Upgrade? No I mean drop a PC in it

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So drop a pc into it, And a second monitor for the backglass, run vpin and configure it for all the tables you want and you have a 1k mini vpin but still need a way to hook in the flippers and plunger, so might as well built a vpin From scratch or enjoy the 400 game for what it is

Eh, people spend more money on other things. Vpin needs what at minimum a core 2 or quad. Most the parts are laying around the house. Building a vpin from scratch seems daunting to some. When you have a cab ready to build in, and well hopefully they drop the price. The arcade1ups have been a modding frenzy

#336 4 years ago

Arcade1up's aren't that good of a price for $99, they're on clearance at some Walmart's for $75.

#337 4 years ago

They’re getting modded. Here’s the 1st video I’ve found

1 week later
    #339 4 years ago

If Zen did something like this with all the Bally/Williams tables they’ve been digitizing, I’d be much more interested. But, they’d need to look as good as they do on the PS4/XBONE.

#340 4 years ago

The first one I’ve found that ships to Canada. Let’s just say that it’s not worth over $700

7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    1 week later
    #341 4 years ago

Gen 2 being shown at CES and updated gen 1 games.

#342 4 years ago

Upgraded Gen 1 pins.

0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    #343 4 years ago

Anyone at CES have any reports on how they play? Laggy? Kinda interested in one if the lag is tolerable.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Anyone at CES have any reports on how they play? Laggy? Kinda interested in one if the lag is tolerable.

Agreed, really interested in knowing this. Would be lovely if a faster CPU board could be ordered for it...

#345 4 years ago

I’ll see if I can sneak away and play tomorrow

#346 4 years ago

I did read on another post that they were aware of the lag and Farsight was looking into it. So it should be taken care of in future releases.

#347 4 years ago

Light camera action had very little lag, other games did ya. However, they have a lcd version to bring out dmd games anddd they hinted at a new potential new things pretty exciting

4 weeks later
    #348 4 years ago

At this point I'd rather wait for arcade1up's release.

#349 4 years ago

Same here on the Arcade1Up... not that we're in their target market (we built a full size virtual pinball machine that runs FX3 and Zaccaria without complaints), but I'm curious as to how well they'll stack up.

2 weeks later
    #350 4 years ago

Just in: ToyShock has fixed the lag in the flipper and the high score issues in the game. All new models will be shipped corrected.

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.