6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 minutes ago by Luckydogg420
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    legs (resized).jpg
    atat (resized).jpg
    61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg
    0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg
    7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    multi pinball (resized).jpg
    7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg
    EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg
    188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg
    30D80B38-63DE-4E6A-917E-DAE1D7890D1F (resized).jpeg
    412470EA-66C4-4113-9866-AF377167E92A (resized).jpeg
    E5FAF321-697F-42A0-8B28-F73880E12922 (resized).jpeg
    C904BC6E-21F3-4AC5-9D05-8F29CCFC16D2 (resized).jpeg

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 6 months ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Looks like there may be a few of them coming.....[quoted image][quoted image]

That teed off won’t play well with no dmd. I wonder how they will get around that?

#252 6 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

That teed off won’t play well with no dmd. I wonder how they will get around that?

In one of the videos they said there’s a “hud toggle” which allocates the top of the display to show the alternate display. This also applies for the games where there’s the long alphanumeric strings as the backbox only has those 7-digit displays.

#253 6 months ago

I wish I could pay import tax. These aren’t even available or shippable out side the USA.

It all depends how the seller ships, i think. When I was shipping I could make the buyers pay when they picked up or I could cover the cost and have them billed to my shipping account.

When i was shipping car parts, I had a handful of times I shipped to Canada and the buyer then said they had to pay a fee/tax and wouldn’t accept so I ended up paying it so I didn’t get the part back. That is the crap sellers don’t want to deal with. When I ship For business international I use fedex and cover it, when I ship personal I use usps to Canada they don’t seem to have a tax or large one.

/tangent

So if you want a arcade 1up, could find someone to buy in the US then ship up. Mine are all full price near me :/

#254 6 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

So if you want a arcade 1up, could find someone to buy in the US then ship up. Mine are all full price near me :/

The arcade1up’s are slowly making their way into Canada. I did buy golden tee from a guy that brought it up from the USA. I paid $625 cdn to get it. The mortal Kombat cabinet will be the next I buy, they go for $550 new in retail here. I haven’t seen any sales on these in Canada yet. Pac-Man is still $429 at every Walmart I’ve checked.

Here’s what we deal with, with eBay sales 3AB48109-42B0-43C5-8E0C-289EEB1B3C11 (resized).pngC832699B-608E-42B0-90D6-56A2ADFA36C6 (resized).png

#255 6 months ago

Jeez that is insane. With those prices im surprised there isn’t some underground shipping from all those $75 cabs up to Canada :-p

#256 6 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Jeez that is insane. With those prices im surprised there isn’t some underground shipping from all those $75 cabs up to Canada :-p

Yah, exactly my thought.

My guess is that it will be a grand to get one of these 3/4 size pins. Not even close to “worth it” for me.

#257 6 months ago

If they are not selling these in other countries, maybe it's a licensing issue. Maybe they are only licensed to use the IP in the US.

I know nothing about licensing so I don't know if this is actually how it works. Just taking a guess.

#258 6 months ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

If they are not selling these in other countries, maybe it's a licensing issue. Maybe they are only licensed to use the IP in the US.
    I know nothing about licensing so I don't know if this is actually how it works. Just taking a guess.

If the license has to be applied for in each country to be sold, then it could be part of it.

#259 6 months ago

So my 3/4 pin arrives tomorrow! I just got shipping confirmation with tracking from Walmart. Stoked for some reason

#260 6 months ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

So my 3/4 pin arrives tomorrow! I just got shipping confirmation with tracking from Walmart. Stoked for some reason

We are a crazy lot, if it involves the silver ball we're on it!

#261 6 months ago

I ordered one as well.
    Watched the Video Review on youtube

Very interesting.

I think Bally/Williams/Stern should follow suit.

Great Idea to bring pinball to the masses.

#262 6 months ago

Please post videos asap

#263 6 months ago

I just went to wallymart's website and didn't see this pin, but did notice some full sized Stern pins. I had no idea they sold those. Wonder how many people buy $7k machines from there?

#264 6 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I just went to wallymart's website and didn't see this pin

Shows out of stock when I search.

Going by the 24" monitor size, this is 1/2 Size Pinball. The comparable visible area on a normal pin is about 47.5", so a 36" monitor would be 3/4 size.

#265 6 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I just went to wallymart's website and didn't see this pin, but did notice some full sized Stern pins. I had no idea they sold those. Wonder how many people buy $7k machines from there?

Amazon sells Stern pins as well.

#266 6 months ago

I think these are essentially going to fill the void left behind by Zizzle, very similar to the Arcade1Up cabinet market: lower cost pinball toys. Anything that builds interest in pinball is always a good thing for the hobby, but I don't see these doing much to spark additional purchases for the non-virtual experience. I imagine it won't be long before the modding community engineers a way to get a full PC connected and expand the game library.

Depending on the overall product sales and market share gains, current turn-key options for virtual pinball may be impacted which might bring some of the existing higher end VP solution's pricing down.

#267 6 months ago

This was my 1st pinball machine.
    C904BC6E-21F3-4AC5-9D05-8F29CCFC16D2 (resized).jpeg

I got back into pinball through video pinball. I bought a rough F14 to gut for a virtual pin. Loved it too much to take apart.
    E5FAF321-697F-42A0-8B28-F73880E12922 (resized).jpeg

So I built a virtual pin.
    412470EA-66C4-4113-9866-AF377167E92A (resized).jpeg

Had a handful of games over the years, but sold them all when I bought a house..... but then I bought NIB
    30D80B38-63DE-4E6A-917E-DAE1D7890D1F (resized).jpeg

Looking back, I’ve always enjoyed pinball even though I had very little exposure from ~7 to ~30 years old. Now I’m hooked for life, and it’s all from that cheap toy pinball.

#268 6 months ago

I'm in... should arrive on 12/13. I think it's a great value at $400. I'll be anxious to hear more, from people who rec've theirs, in the next day or 2.

Kerry

#269 6 months ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm in... should arrive on 12/13. I think it's a great value at $400. I'll be anxious to hear more, from people who rec've theirs, in the next day or 2.
    Kerry

Notice received my grandsons should be here Friday. Looking at that video overview someone kindly posted I am Certain he will love it and I will enjoy sharing some time with him on it.

#270 6 months ago

The arcade1up’s are slowly making their way into Canada. I did buy golden tee from a guy that brought it up from the USA. I paid $625 cdn to get it. The mortal Kombat cabinet will be the next I buy, they go for $550 new in retail here. I haven’t seen any sales on these in Canada yet. Pac-Man is still $429 at every Walmart I’ve checked.
    Here’s what we deal with, with eBay sales [quoted image][quoted image]

I wasn't interested in the 1ups so I never played attention before, but never knew they didn't ship to Canada. There's a Rampage version for $600 locally on facebook. Seems nuts to me. I could build a multicade with custom graphics and 1000s of games ceaper then $600 cdn

#271 6 months ago

Just got this set up tonight. I hate to report a pretty significant flipper delay during early gameplay. I'll update shortly. Quality is pretty nice otherwise.

EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg

#272 6 months ago

Cool. Please take video of the Centigrade 37 game. Curious to see how they incorporated the red power thingy in there.....

#273 6 months ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just got this set up tonight. I hate to report a pretty significant flipper delay during early gameplay. I'll update shortly.

TPA on my 2011 iPad2 runs DMD pins with multiball fine. WTH?

#274 6 months ago

And would love to see gameplay on the 'Lights, Camera, Action' please....

#275 6 months ago

I'll post video tomorrow. I've been really under the weather the last week or so, but man....I'm disappointed so far. I haven't really played a virtual pin before, but the flipper lag sucks. And yes, these game play perfect on my Ipad Pro. I tried most games and everyone is the same with no adjustment that I'm aware of.

My non pinhead buddy that plays pinball with me occasionally actually said, "I'm surprised they even released it like this. Maybe you just have a bad pin."

I was very happy with the build quality and scale. The bezel is even acceptable. From an aesthetic standpoint I wish the translite was backlit. The art is really nice and looks great when it's not powered on. The translite is lit by an LED strip above the art and it unfortunately washes the color out. Pin is solid and stable for the price.

#276 6 months ago

I've watched a couple of vids and they claimed only accouple games had some delay so it is disappointing to hear this.

#277 6 months ago

I have found shipping small things (like my ramps) to Canada to be pretty painless via USPS so long as everything goes through Paypal via their invoicing system. No more filling out post office customs forms in person. You can do it all through Paypal and just sign the bottom of the declaration when you print it out and pay. Really nice system.

#278 6 months ago

I’m sorry for promising video and not coming through. My GF is out of town and I don’t really have a way to shoot a video that would actually be worth watching solo.

I also have full blown laryngitis right now and wrapping up a wicked cold. I boxed up the pin this morning and will be returning it to Wal-Mart.

Playing Pinball Arcade after the pin by Toyshock is 10 million times better. Everything is laggy and until they upgrade the hardware or whatever makes it suck, the game is not fun.

Gameplay IS slow and floaty. When you achieve table goals the spinning wheel thing even lags. I doubt anyone that purchased this will be happy. I hate to be brutally honest.

They are close, but have to spend more to get the games up to speed. P dubs or whoever reviewed this has no idea IMO.

Maybe I got a bad pin. I hope that’s the case.

#280 6 months ago

Focus on getting healthy first, the rest can wait.

#281 6 months ago

YouTube reviews, for the most part, are pretty unreliable. A high percentage of the time, the reviewer does not want to get on the bad side of whoever provided the thing they are reviewing.

#282 6 months ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

YouTube reviews, for the most part, are pretty unreliable. A high percentage of the time, the reviewer does not want to get on the bad side of whoever provided the thing they are reviewing.

True. Big time reviewers are given merchandise that then becomes ebay merchandise for them to sell. Big bucks on the line.

#283 6 months ago

Went to Brandsmart tonight and they had 6 1up arcade machines set up. It was nice to try them all. I am sure they would have offered the 3/4 pinball machines if they had been available. Would like to judge the flipper lag myself, since that is a known issue.

#284 6 months ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Everything is laggy and the game is not fun. Gameplay IS slow and floaty.

Kind of like every Haunted House I've played at shows then.

#285 6 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Raise the back up 3 inches and it becomes another game.

#286 6 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Really? I've played many HH's and some were faster than others but none that were floaty. Op's must have jacked the legs up in front or something, at 5.5-6 degrees they play pretty good.

#287 6 months ago

I received my machine today
    First Impressions:

Easy set Up - we had it built and running in 15 minutes.
    Solid Build - The unit feels very substantial and does not have a "cheap" feel.
    User Interface is very intuitive - Even people not familiar with the Pinball Arcade UI will be able to navigate and execute.
    Game Selection is Great - I really like the mix of pinball table styles and games.
    Gameplay is Fine - There is a very little slight lag but nothing extreme. its literally milliseconds and is on par with other Digital Pinball Machines and set ups Ive played.Once your able to get the feel of it, it barely registers and doesn't affect the gameplay or experience in the context of what this machine is emulating. My 9 year old son doesn't even notice it and we have 4 pinball machines at the house.
    Graphics and Haunted House Skin is awesome. I really like the packaging, video graphics and presentation. Even the giant bezel isn't intrusive and adds support for the unit

Overall not perfect but as the first commercial Virtual Pin, it gives me hope on what can be achieved with this type of model and technology.
    Would really love to see Zen release a version of this that is WiFi and has the option to buy tables like their switch/xbox/ps4 counterpart.
    Stern should've been doing Commercial virtual pins like last year.I feel like there is money left on the table in this sector.
    I also can see machines like this being a gateway into the traditional machines for non pin heads.

7/10

#288 6 months ago

But will it fit in my bathroom?

Edit: To answer my own question, the game is 23.5" across including the legs. A hair too wide, but maybe it would just work with the legs off (20"?), sitting on a custom made base which would also be shorter for playing on the can. Tempting.

#289 6 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Really? I've played many HH's and some were faster than others but none that were floaty. Op's must have jacked the legs up in front or something, at 5.5-6 degrees they play pretty good.

Had mine with 28's all around with 3 inch blocks in rear and it was fast. Replaced the 28's in the rear with 31's and got rid of the blocks. Floaty city. Cranked out about 14 turns on the rear adjusters and its fast again.

#290 6 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Raise the back up 3 inches and it becomes another game.

Quoted from RWH:

Like I said “””””at shows””””
    Kinda hard to set someone’s else’s game up to play better. Think I’ve walked away from every one I’ve played at shows because of this.

#291 6 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Had mine with 28's all around with 3 inch blocks in rear and it was fast. Replaced the 28's in the rear with 31's and got rid of the blocks. Floaty city. Cranked out about 14 turns on the rear adjusters and its fast again.

Haunted House should have larger legs in the back from factory.
    I keep all my classic Bally, Sterns and Williams with 28.5 in back and 27 in front. 1: it gives them a nice 5.5 pitch from the getgo and 2: it keeps the front higher the same as newer games.

#292 6 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Haunted House should have larger legs in the back from factory.

Owners manual lists a single part number for all four legs.

PBR and other sites list 31/27" maybe a Gottlieb bulletin after the fact?

#293 6 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Owners manual lists a single part number for all four legs.
    PBR and other sites list 31/27" maybe a Gottlieb bulletin after the fact?

Yes, 31/27 are the correct leg size. IIRC it was a services bulletin having something to do with weight of game and proper pitch.
    Haven't owned a HH since the late 90's.

#294 6 months ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

First Impressions:
    User Interface is very intuitive - Even people not familiar with the Pinball Arcade UI will be able to navigate and execute.
    Game Selection is Great - I really like the mix of pinball table styles and games.
    Gameplay is Fine - There is a very little slight lag but nothing extreme. its literally milliseconds and is on par with other Digital Pinball Machines and set ups Ive played.Once your able to get the feel of it, it barely registers and doesn't affect the gameplay or experience in the context of what this machine is emulating. My 9 year old son doesn't even notice it and we have 4 pinball machines at the house.
    Graphics and Haunted House Skin is awesome. I really like the packaging, video graphics and presentation. Even the giant bezel isn't intrusive and adds support for the unit
    Overall not perfect but as the first commercial Virtual Pin, it gives me hope on what can be achieved with this type of model and technology.
    Would really love to see Zen release a version of this that is WiFi and has the option to buy tables like their switch/xbox/ps4 counterpart.
    Stern should've been doing Commercial virtual pins like last year.I feel like there is money left on the table in this sector.
    I also can see machines like this being a gateway into the traditional machines for non pin heads.
    7/10

Thanks for the review... Only note I’d add is the vpcabs have been selling virtual pins for years commercially with licensed copies of Zen too... this offering though is a fraction of the cost of one of vpcabs units.

#295 6 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

Thanks for the review... Only note I’d add is the vpcabs have been selling virtual pins for years commercially with licensed copies of Zen too... this offering though is a fraction of the cost of one of vpcabs units.

Yes but could it be that vpcabs probably has more cpu power and hence better graphics/physics
    So no floaty balls?

#296 6 months ago

vpcabs must have insane mark up on them as well, far more then these little ones.

#297 6 months ago
    Quoted from russdx:

vpcabs must have insane mark up on them as well, far more then these little ones

The ones they had at Pincinnati ranged from 3-$5000.00 and to be honest I really didn't care for them. Played oh at least 15-20 different games on them but they just didn't feel right to me.

#298 6 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The ones they had at Pincinnati ranged from 3-$5000.00 and to be honest I really didn't care for them. Played oh at least 15-20 different games on them but they just didn't feel right to me.

Yes, I still prefer sitting on my couch playing Pinball Arcade on PS3. Better graphics,no lag, no space.

#299 6 months ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

First Impressions:
    7/10

Thought I would chime in as well as I received mine a few days back and I think Fuzz's review is spot on. Knowing that you can buy "2" of these for the price of 1 star wars topper, its a great deal!! lol - The build quality is sturdy and well built, I agree will be great to see what the next generations from Toy Shock or if 1UP Arcade brings out a version, these will get better. You have to appreciate for what it is - a fun way to play 12 Gottlieb tables that play pretty well. Yup there is minor flipper lag (some tables a bit less obvious than others) but it certainly wasn't distracting nor diminished the gameplay. Purists, this is not a game for you, but for a 399 addition to the gameroom to play around with - pretty cool and well done for guests, friends and family. My goodness we pay 399 for a pinball part, topper, or mod! So this is a decent deal for what it is! I agree 7/10 is the right score and a fun addition to any gameroom. All pinball is good for the hobby and helps keep it healthy and moving forward. If successful, will be fun to see what future generations ramp up with new features and enhancements.

#300 6 months ago

I rec'vd mine yesterday. Set it up this morning. Only 15 mins to set up. Very sturdy.

The flipper lag is awful! I played 2 different titles, same results.

I'll keep the game as a toy for the younger kids... but flipper lag is frustrating for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    £ 20.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 30.00
    There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside