Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 411 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png
    IMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    legs (resized).jpg
    atat (resized).jpg
    61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg
    0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg
    7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    multi pinball (resized).jpg
    7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg
    EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg
    188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg
    There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems like the footprint of this isn’t much different than a full size machine. Why not just buy a virtual pinball off craigslist with over 100 games and full size monitor for maybe 2-3x the price of this little thing? Everybody here has cash to blow give or take if they are in to pinball.

When I see vpins fs they are usually full size and $2k+. Plus the maintenance of a real vpin can be overwhelming. For the cost and the age of kids, IMO perfect. If they drop $100 before the holidays they’ll fly off the shelves. It’s the price point of people not really caring if they get played more etc, just like the Arcade1up

#152 4 years ago

Shit.. I have well north of $5k in my Vpin. However, it is loaded with the best of the best hardware, full force feedback, with 8 contactors and relays to replicate the feel of slings and bumpers, shaker motor, lights, etc etc etc.

Those $1-2k vpins are why people hate them. It's like driving a 1960's Volkswagon beetle and deciding that all German cars suck.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Shit.. I have well north of $5k in my Vpin. However, it is loaded with the best of the best hardware, full force feedback, with 8 contactors and relays to replicate the feel of slings and bumpers, shaker motor, lights, etc etc etc.
    Those $1-2k vpins are why people hate them. It's like driving a 1960's Volkswagon beetle and deciding that all German cars suck.

Man the only people I know that hate them are on this forum but when I went to build, I was doing the 5k path with feedback and relays, I want mine to have the real feel. Otherwise it isn’t worth the effort imo. But a few hundred for my kids to have fun, that’s in the don’t care camp imo

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Those $1-2k vpins are why people hate them.

So, a $400 vpin will be awesome then? I’d wait for some reviews before dumping $400 on what might be a disposable. They are hitting a good price point though. Should sell a bunch.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Out of curiosity, does anyone offer this quality level of Vpin assembled or a kit or is the only way to net this via DIY?

#156 4 years ago

There are several high end vpin makers such as vpcabs and virtuapin if you can't or don't want to DIY.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Out of curiosity, does anyone offer this quality level of Vpin assembled or a kit or is the only way to net this via DIY?

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

So, a $400 vpin will be awesome then? I’d wait for some reviews before dumping $400 on what might be a disposable. They are hitting a good price point though. Should sell a bunch.

Reviews? It’s a Children’s Toy! Lol why do we feel the need to judge the actual toy as if it’s an Adult toy just because it has pinball in the title? Will Road and Track be doing a review on the peddle Car I bought hit also because it’s a Car? Amazing how over the top serious people get about a simple toy to make a child happy. The comments in this thread are comical.

#158 4 years ago

I'm in for one if I see a Black Friday special in the next week!!

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have worked on most of the makers, including Virtuapin. No. No kit will compare to what you can build yourself. I haven't found a single one that is even close to the quality of mine.

#160 4 years ago

Those poor kids that get this pin are going to be ‘poor’ pinball adults

But they will be happy

#onemorepin #pinbroke #pinballaddiction

Just messing around ...

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Reviews? It’s a Children’s Toy! Lol

? I check reviews on EVERYTHING. Surely you don’t blindly buy shit and hope for the best?? Nothing to do with this being pinball related. To be clear, I’m not saying subject it to Stern level criticism but just generally, is it worthless shit that doesn’t work. You must do that normally, no? Also, it’s $400, not $20 bucks.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

I have worked on most of the makers, including Virtuapin. No. No kit will compare to what you can build yourself. I haven't found a single one that is even close to the quality of mine.

Any good DIY threads or sites that you could point me to in order to get the scope of the project? I have a full wood shop ready to use and am always down for a good project to keep me busy. Although my MAME project is at the 2 yard line and has been for like 2 years lol. Stupid front end programming still to do and it's a huge PITA to get it to do everything I want it to. Kind of like my AFM full restore that needed like 2 weekends of work for 2 years that I finally got done.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Will Road and Track be doing a review on the peddle Car I bought hit also because it’s a Car?

Yup. That’s happening. Calm down.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Yup. That’s happening. Calm down.

Your so right I will tell him I need to count the coils and see the code on this Huge toy investment because Pinside said so. lol Seriously, its a Toy! If you don't have Young kids or grandkids I totally understand but this doesn't seem worthy of a right/wrong debate....

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Any good DIY threads or sites that you could point me to in order to get the scope of the project? I have a full wood shop ready to use and am always down for a good project to keep me busy. Although my MAME project is at the 2 yard line and has been for like 2 years lol. Stupid front end programming still to do and it's a huge PITA to get it to do everything I want it to. Kind of like my AFM full restore that needed like 2 weekends of work for 2 years that I finally got done.

Some good sites are VPUniverse.com and VPForums.com
    Also the Visual Pinball Junkies group on Facebook has a full FAQ guide of setting up the software.
    There is also a VP Cabs Builders FB group.

All chocked full of great info. But there are NO shortcuts to having a good cab. Unlike MAME, you can't download packs of tables and such, as each setup is different.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Reviews? It’s a Children’s Toy! Lol why do we feel the need to judge the actual toy as if it’s an Adult toy just because it has pinball in the title? Will Road and Track be doing a review on the peddle Car I bought hit also because it’s a Car?

road-track (resized).pngroad-track (resized).png

#167 4 years ago

All I can say is if anyone is getting this to mod it and think it will be able to play anything other than what the company puts out, you are dreaming. Its a basic config to run the games they want to run (SS, simple roms). Its a kids game and a nice entry machine for them if you have nothing or want to put something in their room, etc. I can't understand people sometimes. Buy it, set it up and play it, period. Installing a new monitor and cpu and fx2,3 vp, etc is out of the question, you need to build your own vpin for that.

I hope this model does great for the company as its the first entry level vpin on the market that can play a few tables. Good for them, hope it brings some more people into our hobby.

#168 4 years ago

Buy the kids a Nintendo Switch and some games for the same price. This is not gonna hold their interest long term - because pinball. All their friends will be getting sweet console games and playing multiplayer online - and these poor kids getting coal...err, Gottlieb virtual pinball for Christmas.

I'll likely buy one just to put in the gameroom as a neat, cheap, decoration and have zero expections on how it compares to a real pin. Because I don't care if you throw $5k into a virtual pin, it still does not compare to real pinball.

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Buy the kids a Nintendo Switch and some games for the same price. This is not gonna hold their interest long term - because pinball. All their friends will be getting sweet console games and playing multiplayer online - and these poor kids getting coal...err, Gottlieb virtual pinball for Christmas.
    I'll likely buy one just to put in the gameroom as a neat, cheap, decoration and have zero expections on how it compares to a real pin. Because I don't care if you throw $5k into a virtual pin, it still does not compare to real pinball.

Yeah, A Switch + a copy of Star Wars Pinball, and it's like $100 less to boot. Pretty sure Pinball Arcade is on there too, so you could load up the same Gottlieb games being shown on there. Heck, Zen Studios even includes the "tate" feature to rotate the screen into portrait mode for a better aspect ratio. Works great on a TV if it can turn 90 degrees on its stand.

#170 4 years ago

I like this thing at 200-250$. Cool toy nice to see pinball getting exposed to a new generation. Everyone loves pinball they just don't know it yet

#171 4 years ago
    ngnt (resized).jpgngnt (resized).jpg
    #172 4 years ago

Could be a good way for Pinball to gain in popularity. Buy that thing then want a real one.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Could be a good way for Pinball to gain in popularity. Buy that thing then want a real one.

Pinball already IS gaining popularity. That's why this exists now.

#174 4 years ago

Tim Arnold is running around the Las Vegas area buying up each and every one he can find in an attempt to pull a "Popeyes chicken sandwich deal" and sell them for $150.00 more for Christmas.
    He may not be aware of Wal Mart.com

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Pinball already IS gaining popularity. That's why this exists now.

Ok, then ill change that to gain even more popularity..

#176 4 years ago

My kids have multiple switches. And every other console for that matter. And they are getting games for those as well. This is basically just something extra to fill up their game room but not “coal” as they are getting several other things. But I do expect it may not hold their interest forever. On the points about about not being possible to become a VP. I disagree. It won’t be near as easy as multicading a 1up but it’s still possible. You’ll probably be using the original buttons, monitor and cab and then it will take a new PC. So no you probably will not be able to add tables. But converting to a VP is obviously possible.

#177 4 years ago

Multiplayer online gaming is awesome. Seriously, I think it is really good for kids overall.

But there's a benefit to actually interacting with people in the real world, too. So maybe, just maybe, games like pinball and the arcade1ups can provide some impetus for the kids to actually get together and have fun.

#178 4 years ago

This thread is a reminder that there are a lot of spoiled-ass kids out there. I know that many (most?) pinball collectors are quite successful and want to share that success with their kids. But game rooms filled with multiple $400+ toys? Damn.

#179 4 years ago

Big reveal announcement:

The very first Toyshock Digital Pinball Machine is on it’s way and will be arriving at “PDubs Arcade Loft” on Wednesday 27th! We're excited to bring you the exclusive unboxing LIVE event from the Official Facebook Fan Page!

#180 4 years ago

Looks interesting. I'll check Walmart to see when they have one on display....

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Big reveal announcement:
    The very first Toyshock Digital Pinball Machine is on it’s way and will be arriving at “PDubs Arcade Loft” on Wednesday 27th! We're excited to bring you the exclusive unboxing LIVE event from the Official Facebook Fan Page!

This should be exciting to see! And it’s tomorrow!

#182 4 years ago

I'm really wishing this company well. Maybe they hit an all new market and be the next big thing. The folks on the FB page are very welcome to comments. GO TOYSHOCK!!!

#183 4 years ago

This almost certainly uses the Farsight engine, given the Gottlieb list, so you should know what to expect in terms of feel.

Does make one wonder if there's a home market for a same size cab at a reasonable price with original games in it, homebrew conversions, or ones that would benefit from a 'second chance' - Full Throttle, Wrath Of Olympus, Circe's Animal House and others. You would NOT sell it via the toy market though; that's how you lose your shirt.

#184 4 years ago
    #185 4 years ago

Looks pretty good from the video.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Looks pretty good from the video.

Dang I missed it. Anything new or cool?

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Dang I missed it.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Big reveal announcement:

This sounds pretty fun. Will you be spending the first hour plus of podcast assembling the pin? It took me six hours to assemble a 1up arcade and that was very boring to watch.

#189 4 years ago

The platform is Pinball Arcade by Farsight.
    Game size isn't bad. Actually thought it was smaller. If you wanted it to sit a little higher you can spend $5.00 to buy 4 furniture/bed risers. Since you're not going to be nudging it around would work great. Cab looks to be pretty sturdy. The wide ugly gray bezel is metal and removable so could be painted black easily. I see lots of modding potential for it. Looking forward to what they do next.
    PS: It's a toy. An inexpensive virtual pin. But looks fun.
    Here are several pics from Facebook. (Not my pictures or games)

hh01 (resized).jpghh01 (resized).jpghh02 (resized).jpghh02 (resized).jpghh03 (resized).jpghh03 (resized).jpghh04 (resized).jpghh04 (resized).jpghh05 (resized).jpghh05 (resized).jpghh06 (resized).jpghh06 (resized).jpghh07 (resized).jpghh07 (resized).jpghh08 (resized).jpghh08 (resized).jpghh09 (resized).jpghh09 (resized).jpghh10 (resized).jpghh10 (resized).jpg
    #190 4 years ago

Very, very cool thing. Looks fairly doable to replace the screen (24"?) with a bigger one (27"?).

#191 4 years ago

Damn! The one game I wanted to see played was C 37!

#192 4 years ago

Hope this goes on some sort of Black friday sale today or tomorrow. Come on walmart.

#193 4 years ago

I wonder if full size legs will bolt on?

Quoted from arcademojo:

The platform is Pinball Arcade by Farsight.
    Game size isn't bad. Actually thought it was smaller. If you wanted it to sit a little higher you can spend $5.00 to buy 4 furniture/bed risers. Since you're not going to be nudging it around would work great. Cab looks to be pretty sturdy. The wide ugly gray bezel is metal and removable so could be painted black easily. I see lots of modding potential for it. Looking forward to what they do next.
    PS: It's a toy. An inexpensive virtual pin. But looks fun.
    Here are several pics from Facebook. (Not my pictures or games)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hope this goes on some sort of Black friday sale today or tomorrow. Come on walmart.

If that happens, I may get one.....

#195 4 years ago

I wonder if full size legs will bolt on?

If they don’t, they can be made to bolt on with a drill bit.

#196 4 years ago

Dang it...I went from laughing at this when I first saw it to wanting one for Christmas.

Even though I have these titles on my PS4, this looks pretty cool.

#197 4 years ago

I noticed the legs sit high up the cabinet sort of like the front legs on a modern Stern machine. Plus there's no levelers...just rubber protectors. What is the length of the legs?

The cabinet looks sturdy enough that a person could fit normal pinball legs on it and use a normal leg bolt mounting plate (if needed).

One suggestion I would do is paint that white frame around the monitor semi-flat black. Too much glare coming off it IMO.

By the way, where is the power supply in this game?

What paperwork came with this game? Any schematics? What does the paperwork say about servicing the machine?

#198 4 years ago

I'd paint or powder coat the frame green to match rest of game, assuming its metal. Wonder if you can add incline to game to speed up the ball in the settings or is it fixed?

#199 4 years ago

Nope, as a matter of fact Walmart has pushed delivery dates till DEC 7th and may need even more time. Rumor says 850 units sitting at a ship yard.

#200 4 years ago

That’s either an android som or a super stripped x86.... I’m betting for cost it is a android arm som kit. They are ultra cheap and then they just throw on the android app/build and auto boot to it.

If this goes on sale, awesome I’ll get a cheap $100-200 x86 nuc and mod with vpin. That would be killer

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.