Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 411 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201111-181329_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8E975026-5F57-4A44-B207-5004707E7E3B (resized).png
    IMG_5904 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5903 (resized).JPG
    legs (resized).jpg
    atat (resized).jpg
    61D3689B-7193-4158-9A0B-6865F67D6D45 (resized).jpeg
    3D923CDC-21C9-46EB-A987-62252294A8FC (resized).jpeg
    0FF49532-7A0E-4F98-BD39-DE879F388F12 (resized).jpeg
    7D2EE22E-954F-49AD-911E-218E68E2868A (resized).png
    multi pinball (resized).jpg
    7DD41993-B63F-4F7F-9E90-A77CBA429571 (resized).jpeg
    EEE6FFF8-E932-456D-8C74-8E7652D98009 (resized).jpeg
    188F9F30-F536-459B-9317-8FDB2CA3969F (resized).jpeg
    There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
    #51 4 years ago

I wonder if the software is by Farsight Studio. They showed off some stuff trying to get in the VP industry a few years ago, as far as I know they still hold the Gottlieb rights, and I didn't see anything that wasn't already out for Pinball Arcade. I imagine it has one of the $100 Intel mini computers or similar in it.

#52 4 years ago

More shitty garbage destined for landfill in 6 months.

Humanity is destroying itself with this stuff!

#53 4 years ago

This is DR new pin! RAZA was a decoy!

#54 4 years ago

$400. I’m for anything that makes pinball seem less valuable.

#55 4 years ago

It s pretty easy to tell if you like it. Buy it, take it home, play it, if you dont like it take it back.

#56 4 years ago

Sidebar: What the heck kind of crazy tick marks did you use in it's and don't that the font got all different between them?

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 3.08.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-15 at 3.08.41 PM (resized).png
    #57 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Sidebar: What the heck kind of crazy tick marks did you use in it's and don't that the font got all different between them?[quoted image]

There seems to be a "code" block in there for some reason.

#58 4 years ago

Apparently simply a backtick does it. On this android tablet it's on the n key.
    ` <---That one. (Guess it takes two on a line to work.)

See? Like this.
    Pretty slick way to stand out from the crowd.

As for the 12-in-1, four hundo is chicken feed, pretty cool toy. Hope they made it playable. If nothing else it's a milestone, imagine what might be available in ten years!

#59 4 years ago

If I buy this, I get my Centigrade 37 and El Dorado fix? Awesome!

#60 4 years ago

Okay....
    So I actually pre-ordered this. Here's my thoughts... I really, really do enjoy playing vpin games. Whether its on a virtual pinball cab(never played on a real one yet), or on a computer/laptop, or on my ps4. I have lots of games on my ps4, like I think about 50 tables from the pinball arcade. Its a great way to learn the rules and also a great way to practice video modes.

In fact. I wowed my father when we played a T2 at the Wheeling Expo. I got the video mode and I completed it. He was like that was amazing. And I told him... Its because I got a lot of practice to be able to do it that well(and I do mean a lot). So, I like VPINS....

Now, they're not real pins, and not as cool. But, real pins are heavy, they take up a lot of space and you're limited to how much you can have. SO I really do want one nice vpin in my collection.
    This pin won't be that nice VPIN in my collection. But, i think it will be a nice start. And I hope to support this. And I do think if there is a 2nd wave that is nicer... I could always gift this to my father, and he would enjoy one of these...

So it stinks that the playfield is a bit small. I hope someone will mod a real bigger screen. Because, to me that is my biggest disappointment with this cab.

I don't mind it having tilt buttons. That is fine, because this is a video game anyway.

The 2nd biggest thing I hate... It has a translite or backbox and not another lcd display. So that is a bit disappointing to me. Because, when you play the other games, you won't get the cool backbox art. Or the swirling black hole effect.
    There is a minor silver lining... When turned off, you will still get to see the really cool haunted house display. But, I really rather you get the display change for all the games.

So one of hte games is Centigrade and that has some meter that rises during the gameplay. So, they can't do that effect. And to me that is a big, big bummer. Don't know if its a game breaking issue. As I don't think I ever played one virtually or in person.

One last round of thoughts... I think this could be the company that does Pinball arcade working with the toy company. I think they have the gottlieb rights and they also of course had all the 3d models of the tables. So it could be their software and they could be pairing up with a company...
    I think that is great news for the future. As I said I really want a nice vpin one day.
    And I have started to make my own and invested about 3-4k worth into one... And I don't like it... I don't like Visual pinball. I think its flaky and not worth the hassle. I also hate building stuff. And I also don't like the fact that I build a computer... and yet even if I get things to pop up via a pinball x or other interface... Windows is still running. I rather a real dedicated system to run it. Just my preference.

So I think this is a step in the right direction...
    Lets hope it doesn't have any flipper lag, or screen lag and that it emulates the tables well.If it does. It could be a great party machine. To bring to a friends house or family function. I think I'll bring it to my christmas parties. Can't really bring a full sized pinball...

Sorry about the novel... But, this thing has me a bit excited. Not just for this unit, but for the stuff to come in the future.
    And yeah.. the 12 games are a bit blah... Some good ones... Some not so good. Still... I know I'd never want to own a black hole or haunted house ever... So this is a bit cool. Get the look of the haunted house and can learn all the rules(not much I know, but they're there).

#61 4 years ago

Yeah kids Enjoying reading, math, science, shapes, colors, and computers early is sooo sad. I better get him back to stacking blocks so he can advance his education in a more advanced curriculum! umph.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Make it 3/4 size and garbage and suddenly everybody is on board with Virtual Pinball. Who knew.

Well, in all fairness, it is missing a digit in the price tag (normally...what....$7000+?) and comes with a limited # of games, so for $400, it's not THAT hard to believe.

Full-scale pinball machine topper or this.....for LESS money than a topper.

#63 4 years ago

"You know me guys, I luv pinball Gotlube ? How you say it?"

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More shitty garbage destined for landfill in 6 months.
    Humanity is destroying itself with this stuff!

So how do you REALLY feel?
    Hey, when are you having your Stars tournament again?

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I think I know the youtube video you are referring to. And I wouldn't doubt that most of his pinball experience is from virtual games, and even then not that much... But, hey... Do what makes you happy.

But, yeah... He didn't really know the choices or even get why dmd games are not there.
    It would take a better gpu and processor than these games are going to have.

But, really the game selection isn't that bad... Some of the sound effects might get on your nerves though. But, Haunted House and Black Hole are classics.
    TX sector is decent game. And I never played big shot in person, but I enjoyed it on pinball arcade. Same with El dorado. Nice shooter pins. Horrible sounds for el dorado. Those get old fast. So while none of the games really on the list are fast paced flashy pinball games. They are a nice mix of playfield designs and for the most part solid shooting games. Not a lot of games I'd like to play for hours on end.
    But, I also think these were chosen because, they wouldn't have to animate anything crazy or even lots of different light flashes.

Sorry for the double post. But, this is the kind of cool stupid toy that really does excite me a lot. As I'd be willing to pay 4-5k for a really nice slick looking vpin one day with like 100-200 tables on it. All officially licensed. And I think this could be that step in the direction... With that being said. Of course vpins are less than a real pin. But, I am not rich and live in a small house. So I think this will look nice in one of my game rooms(I'm a bachelor so I have more than 1 game room... hell my friends say my whole house is a game room or arcade).

#66 4 years ago

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah kids Enjoying reading, math, science, shapes, colors, and computers early is sooo sad. I better get him back to stacking blocks so he can advance his education in a more advanced curriculum! umph.

Whatever, some parents allowable screen time for kids is ridiculous. There are much better ways to teach reading, math, science, shapes, and colors early. Screens are NOT the answer for advancing young brains, in fact brain scans showed that kids with lots of screen time had a premature thinning of the cortex. Take it to PM if you’d like.

#68 4 years ago

Okay, but the real question is how long before we NES/SNES Classic the hell out of this thing and load other games onto it?

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Whatever, some parents allowable screen time for kids is ridiculous. There are much better ways to teach reading, math, science, shapes, and colors early. Screens are NOT the answer for advancing young brains, in fact brain scans showed that kids with lots of screen time had a premature thinning of the cortex. Take it to PM if you’d like.

My child gets less screen time then I did as a child, and I’m well adjusted for the most part, and Constructive learning can be done in many different ways.

#70 4 years ago

This dose have a pretty good selection of games. But I doubt you’ll be able to add a lot of games to it, but you never know. The arcade1up machines are easier to gut and install a raspberry pi then hack the system on a chip they’re running. If these mini pinball machines run unique code on a fast enough chip then they could fix the lag issues you’d get from a slower processor. Virtual pinball physics is not the same as 8 bit video game emulation and will need something special to run well.

Unless this is just a large android tablet running farsight software, but I doubt that.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Is this about the guy who makes those hilarious pinball reviews on YouTube? “I’ve played this game twice and it makes no sense I didn’t bother with the rules because they’re stupid so I think this game sucks it’s terrible anyway I’m gonna review it again next week thanks bye”

#72 4 years ago

I'm about as purist a pinball guy as you can get, but I will check this out, there are a few titles on there that are intriguing, and god knows it's the only way any of us will ever have access to a game like Goin Nuts!! (Unless of course you have $44,000 lying around you don't need )

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they are going to stock these at their stores, no store pickup available, would certainly prefer to actually see one in action before committing, but I guess you can always return it, a little more complicated for us north of the border

#73 4 years ago

I’m very interested in this. Yeah it’s not a real pin or targeted to the mainstream pinball collectors.
    But for the price I’ll probably give it a try. I’ve owned Haunted House and Black Hole in the past. Enjoy playing them but would never buy another one. Think this could be pretty fun to toy around with.
    Also think this could open up the door for many young kids to play and just maybe other companies producing different games. Would love to see something like this with all the classic Stern games on it.
    As others have mentioned would love to see this with a bigger screen for the playfield though.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

there are a few titles on there that are intriguing, and god knows it's the only way any of us will ever have access to a game like Goin Nuts!!

As mentioned above, all of these are available to play on Pinball Arcade for the PC/PS/XBOX/iOS, etc. and have been available for years. This is likely a ported version of that.

Kids can play free demo versions of TPA and FX3, but they prefer Minecraft and such, so I doubt this will change anything.

#75 4 years ago

I think this is pretty cool. If I had kids I'd get it. Don't know why folks would complain about price. 12 good games for the cost of a color dmd...

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

As mentioned above, all of these are available play on Pinball Arcade for the PC/PS/XBOX/iOS, etc. and have been available for years. This is likely a ported version of that.
    That being said, kids have the ability to play free demo versions of TPA, but they prefer Minecraft and such, so I doubt this will change anything.

I've never liked computer pinball of any type, but maybe being in a pinball-ish cabinet will make it more palatable, but I get what you are saying.

#77 4 years ago

Very misleading thread title. They may be 3/4 size, but these are not pinball machines.

Recommend moving to video game or hobbies without flippers sub-forum .

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This dose have a pretty good selection of games. But I doubt you’ll be able to add a lot of games to it, but you never know. The arcade1up machines are easier to gut and install a raspberry pi then hack the system on a chip they’re running. If these mini pinball machines run unique code on a fast enough chip then they could fix the lag issues you’d get from a slower processor. Virtual pinball physics is not the same as 8 bit video game emulation and will need something special to run well.
    Unless this is just a large android tablet running farsight software, but I doubt that.

Honestly the som and dev boards usually come with android. I wonder if this actually is an android based board that auto boots to the app and uses a usb controller to adapt buttons to the phone. Wouldn’t be a bad idea, Zaccaria could jump on the bandwagon too

#79 4 years ago

Funny thing is, This will probably out sell any real pinball machine made since year 2000.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Very misleading thread title. They may be 3/4 size, but these are not pinball machines.
    Recommend moving to video game or hobbies without flippers sub-forum .

Sure, you say that now, but just wait until they launch the Supreme edition ...

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So how do you REALLY feel?
    Hey, when are you having your Stars tournament again?

Sadly I’m starsless currently.

If only they come out with a $300 half size “virtual” version I can buy a dozen and have the worst tournament ever.

#82 4 years ago

Do people get offended when we call their fake facsimile of a pinball machine fake?

#83 4 years ago

This is my favourite mini pinball:

#84 4 years ago

That’s a no for me Bob.

#85 4 years ago

I hope they're released in Australia, otherwise I'll keep an eye on the after Christmas sales and use a freight forwarder.

I joked with my boss that I'd get a full sized pinball machine for my office if I ever won the lottery. "Wow, you're easily pleased."

I love the price and size of this. I could have a game of Haunted House or another simple pinball game while stretching my legs in the afternoons and the whole building won't hear it. Also love that they chose the Haunted House exterior.

#86 4 years ago

JUST THINK OF THE KIDS!

#87 4 years ago

I just found six more realistic pinball games in one. With actual balls.
    91pDzmmGD4L._SY450_ (resized).jpg91pDzmmGD4L._SY450_ (resized).jpg

#88 4 years ago

I might pick one of these up just to see what's inside.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sadly I’m starsless currently.
    If only they come out with a $300 half size “virtual” version I can buy a dozen and have the worst tournament ever.

I've got one for sale if you are interested. $1,400.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just found six more realistic pinball games in one. With actual balls.

That's Paplinko not Pinball.
    -Mike

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Sorry about the novel...

You lost me at “okay”.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I might pick one of these up just to see what's inside.

I’m sure it will be dissected on YouTube.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This makes far more sense for a “home pinball” than the $4k “Home” games Stern is making. The price is right &amp; they don’t have the physical parts to break.

My first thought exactly.

Probebly a great first step into this great. Theese kids will come back playing real pinball in ten years and start buying their own in 25 yrs.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You lost me at “okay”.

Yeah... I'm also as chatty in person. My best friend jokes with me and says that in a 30 minute conversion people get to say hi and bye to me and then its all me talking...

#95 4 years ago

Price point is good.

More likely to not break than a zizzle. No moving parts.

Interested in seeing what they have running inside. I guess it doesn’t take much. The Wii ran pinball ok

I just wish the thing looked a bit nicer. The huge bezel around the monitor is not pretty. And the legs look strange as they bow out.

I think they could have ditched the digital displays and just showed on the monitor at this price point. Put that money into something else.

Haunted house is artwork is cool.

Go 1/2 size or even table top....make the cabinet more polished... and I’m in. And eventually hacking it when you eventually get bored.

The one thing I wish all these retro manufacturers would do is make the cabinets like the originals.... I would much rather have smaller or even a bit pricier just to have the authentic look. That goes for you arcade 1up! If the Galaga arcade1up had the same cabinet design it would be in my house. Along with all the other ones.

Anyhow, looks cool.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wait, do people actually pay "big bucks" for Tx Sector?

I wouldnt but the price for one has been on the rise with the average price of over $2,500

#97 4 years ago

I can't actually find this machine for sale on the site, or even on the internet. But holy crap walmart, what happened to "low prices"?

crazy expensive pinballs (resized).pngcrazy expensive pinballs (resized).png
    #99 4 years ago

If you watch the teaser video it’s so nice to see the grandparents enjoying quality time with the grandkids, finally found a way to get them to stop staring at their screens... oh.

Anyway, I tend to agree with the “coming soon to a landfill near you” sentiment but I said the same thing about the Arcade1UP cabinets and, well, I guess the jury’s still out on that one.

If vid1900 was still alive he’d be talking about how this isn’t for me, it’s for the single mom’s and shit. Man, I really miss that guy.

Anyway, #NotInMyGameroom

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Watch this video to get yourself pumped up, not that lamer that can’t pronounce “Gottlieb”

Yeah, and if they made it the way this dumbnut wants it, if would be $4000, not $400. It looks pretty cool for the money, and if it turns kids on to the older games, that's awesome.

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-/page/2?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.