3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TKDalumni
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191223-204227 (resized).png

#1 3 months ago

I am new to this site and just started playing
    I have Lethal Weapon 3 and am learning how to work on it. I am looking for a second machine. Maybe car themed that my grandkids will enjoy. Looking for High Speed and or suggestions.
    Suggestions $2500ish

#2 3 months ago

Indianapolis 500 of you can find one. One of the best of the car themed pins.

#3 3 months ago

Welcome to pin side

#4 3 months ago

Welcome! High Speed 2 The Getaway is a great choice for your second pin. The supercharger where the ball whips around is a hit with kids and folks of all ages. With $2500 you are in the ballpark.

LW3 (you have to learn Pinball abbreviations here on Pinside) is a fun game. Doesn’t get much street cred around here though.

Good luck in the hunt!

#5 3 months ago

Getaway is a slam dunk. Great game for the dough.
    Corvette is not that good imo.
    Mustang is a newer title. It’s fun but not a keeper for me.
    Indy 500 is a really good game.

#6 3 months ago

How about a little love for the original HS?

#7 3 months ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Fun on location, but really shallow. I always wanted one (it's pretty rare), but kind of glad that never happened.

There aren't a lot of really good car-themed pins. Maybe the Hot Wheels one supposedly coming from American Pinball will be good?

#8 3 months ago

I 2nd HS & HSII. I really enjoy Indy too, but the call outs get old quick.

#9 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pratto:

I am new to this site and just started playing
    I have Lethal Weapon 3 and am learning how to work on it. I am looking for a second machine. Maybe car themed that my grandkids will enjoy. Looking for High Speed and or suggestions.
    Suggestions $2500ish

Welcome to pinside!

What city/state are you located in?

I suggest looking at Williams system 11 pins (pinbot, diner, earthquakes, etc.)
    Last action hero or demolition man are nice dmd pins.
    I like early solid state pins as well. Eight ball deluxe, paragon, meteor, flash Gordon, etc.

You can look at the pinside top 100 to get ideas of what pins people like and how much they cost.

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

This is the correct answer, but you will not find one for $2500.

One of the best games kids and adults both like that is very affordable is World Cup Soccer 94. If you are not set on a car theme, check that one out.

#11 3 months ago

Dirty Harry is a excellent pinball machine...typically sells for between $2700-$3000.

#12 3 months ago

If you like electro-mechinical (think bells and chimes) I would suggest Grand Prix. High Speed is also a fantastic game.

#13 3 months ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

One of the best games kids and adults both like that is very affordable is World Cup Soccer 94. If you are not set on a car theme, check that one out.

This right here. If we're talking grand kids, they're gonna love shooting goals in WCS, and it can be had for 2500 or so. This is my vote

#14 3 months ago

Welcome Pratto! The getaway with the super charger is lots of fun. Have to play it whenever I see it at a show. Daditude had a great suggestion of checking the top 100 if you're not dead set on a car theme. Watch some youtube of the titles that interest you and you might find yourself looking at a total different pin.

#15 3 months ago
    Quoted from MEuRaH:

This right here. If we're talking grand kids, they're gonna love shooting goals in WCS, and it can be had for 2500 or so. This is my vote

Agreed. WCS was a huge hit with the kiddos when I had one. I bet Striker Xtreme would’ve done equally as well with them (locally for sale in the sub-$2500 range) but as a player I really enjoyed WCS too.

Batman Forever is another one that clicked with the kids.

#16 3 months ago

Welcome!

My kids and the rest of the neighborhood love my Roller Coaster Tycoon (RCT). Lots of ramps and easy mulitiball, perfect for kids. $2500 might still be possible with all the new stuff coming out.

#17 3 months ago

Victory

#18 3 months ago

welcome. Look at your system 11 games especially high speed if you like car themed.

#19 3 months ago
    Quoted from vireland:

There aren't a lot of really good car-themed pins.

This drives me crazy...Mustang is a great car themed game. Unique layout, balanced and creative ruleset (drag race, drift mode, etc), amazing dots, callouts by Tanner Foust. Whether you like the car is preference, but it’s a REALLY good car-themed pin.

#20 3 months ago

Rfm is good game to get kids involved. Video screen fits kids well and I think it's a fun game for all

#21 3 months ago

Twin Win is an EM machine where the two players try to beat each other around a race track.

#22 3 months ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

This drives me crazy...Mustang is a great car themed game. Unique layout, balanced and creative ruleset (drag race, drift mode, etc), amazing dots, callouts by Tanner Foust. Whether you like the car is preference, but it’s a REALLY good car-themed pin.

If you say so. Maybe only the pro sucks, but I did not like it.

#23 3 months ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

He has a budget of $2500 and a Mustang Pro will run $4000

#24 3 months ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Twin Win is an EM machine where the two players try to beat each other around a race track.

If looking at EMs also look at Pit Stop in addition to Grand Prix already mentioned

#25 3 months ago

Nitro ground shaker is another option

Screenshot_20191223-204227 (resized).png
    #26 3 months ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

He has a budget of $2500 and a Mustang Pro will run $4000

Correct. Not in his budget, but I was responding to the comment “ There aren't a lot of really good car-themed pins.”

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 150.00
    Various Other Swag
    Pinside Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 36.99
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 289.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside