2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by whthrs166
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LOTR (resized).png
    IMG_8005 (resized).PNG

#1 2 years ago

I've called them "ham-fisted fucktards" before. I'm doubling down on that now. They forked my ASLE. Their mothers are whores. That's the THIRD time they've done it to a NIB pin headed my way. Grrrr

#2 2 years ago

Sorry to hear that! I've always been afraid to have any games shipped because of that.

#3 2 years ago

Damn man, sorry to hear that. 3 times huh. I don't think I would ship anything with them that couldn't easily be replaced.

#4 2 years ago

That's R&L. They just plain suck.

#5 2 years ago

Sorry to hear your damage. I have been lucky so far but it's a roll of the dice.
    -Mike

#6 2 years ago

Deny that shipment. I've had them kill off some expenses items we sell many times over. Luckily we got insurance every time.

#7 2 years ago

I would ALWAYS use Uship anyway. You can talk to people before you agree to the bid, and set the expectation. Got my GB Prem shipped a good 8 hours away for $200, not a scratch. So sorry OP this happened to you.

#8 2 years ago

So sorry about your delivery problems - but I have to admit I'm still laughing about your post.

#9 2 years ago

I get it, my first pin purchase ever was fork punched by Yellow. An F14, through the power/transformer area. Fixed it up, but a NiB? That's not right at all!

#10 2 years ago

I've had 3 perfect deliveries from R&L in 2 different states. It's possible it could be your local guys at issue.

#11 2 years ago

They're still R & L. HFFT.

#12 2 years ago

Ham fisted fucktards dropped my Whitewater didn't they?

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I've called them "ham-fisted fucktards" before. I'm doubling down on that now. They forked my ASLE. Their mothers are whores. That's the THIRD time they've done it to a NIB pin headed my way. Grrrr

Yet you still choose them?

#14 2 years ago

I only shipped one game with R&L, an upright Atari Space Duel. It arrived to the buyer with the back of it smashed in, neck board cracked. It sucks because I put quite a bit of effort into getting that game working before I sold it.

#15 2 years ago

Did your driver look like this?

IMG_8005 (resized).PNG

#16 2 years ago

I'm sorry you had to refuse shipment of your 39th pin...don't worry a few more weeks and some paperwork headache will get her in your house.

#17 2 years ago

I did not choose them. Retailer did. Loved the cartoon!!

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

They forked my ASLE.

Was it any easier the 2nd time?

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm sorry you had to refuse shipment of your 39th pin...don't worry a few more weeks and some paperwork headache will get her in your house.

First world problems

#20 2 years ago

R&L is also responsible for dumping my Jackbot that GAP sent me, correctly double strapped upright to a pallet, clean off the damn thing, shattering the playfield glass inside it, then putting it on ANOTHER pallet UPSIDE DOWN ON THE HEAD....

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

R&L is also responsible for dumping my Jackbot that GAP sent me, correctly double strapped upright to a pallet, clean off the damn thing, shattering the playfield glass inside it, then putting it on ANOTHER pallet UPSIDE DOWN ON THE HEAD....

Lol that is super shittay

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Lol that is super shittay

But my profit margin after their payout and my restoration work was *massive*. Just sayin'. They are still giant douches of YUGE proportions, but I made out extremely well thanks to GAP making sure that my claim got paid. If he hadn't documented everything so well on his end and dealt with them, I doubt I would've ever seen a single cent. I walked out of that whole thing after having the playfield cleared and handling everything else myself... I bought the game from them for 3300. I *made* 1k profit when I sold it, and I sold it for substantially less than what I "paid" for it. That should give you an idea of just how huge that claim was for me, and how much I appreciate what they did on my behalf.

#23 2 years ago

R+L screwed my LOTR.......by clamping the damn thing on transport and putting the tiedow strap buckle directly on the games backbox. The thing ripped thought 6 layers of careful wrapping. Still waiting on the claim department since I had the game insurance for $4K

LOTR (resized).png

#24 2 years ago

We don't use R&L anymore. Too much risk and damage. Not a good option anymore. We use another carrier, with full insurance. Only way to go.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

We don't use R&L anymore. Too much risk and damage. Not a good option anymore. We use another carrier, with full insurance. Only way to go.

#26 2 years ago

My theory: Don't ship games on a pallet. Why? Its an invitation for the shipper to move your game with a fork lift. I don't know about you guys but I don't want my game handled that ever! I have shipped about 2 dozen games all on the legs with STI never an issue! That being said, All of my games that shipped were wrapped nicely on other end. Head down on blanket wrapped with shrink. When I send em out same deal.

#27 2 years ago

I have had great results with STI for shipping.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

They forked my ASLE.

You know what this sentence looks like, right? Lol.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

My theory: Don't ship games on a pallet. Why? Its an invitation for the shipper to move your game with a fork lift. I don't know about you guys but I don't want my game handled that ever! I have shipped about 2 dozen games all on the legs with STI never an issue! That being said, All of my games that shipped were wrapped nicely on other end. Head down on blanket wrapped with shrink. When I send em out same deal.

You really don't think that they can't use a forklift with the legs on? They just go from the side and put the forks in between the front and back legs. I've seen it done first hand to my own game.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

You really don't think that they can't use a forklift with the legs on? They just go from the side and put the forks in between the front and back legs. I've seen it done first hand to my own game.

Just lazy.
    FWIW, STI trashed a WH2O if mine. Shipped legs on and over tightened the straps to the side of the truck. The cabinet somehow split. Personally think the head also fell because the side rails were severely dented.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I agree to avoid forking at all costs, but a shipper can still use a fork truck to transport a game on legs <shudders>

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You should see what his ASLE looks like after it was forked.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

You should see what his ASLE looks like after it was forked.

I hope they KISS it and GBLE it first!

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Feels like it. No lube. Buddy, we're doing this one dry!

#35 2 years ago

Not a pinball but I've refused 3 greenhouses due to forklift damage and waiting on the 4th.the shipper paid extra for hand loading and unloading and there was still a fork hole right through 1 box and the 14 foot box looks like it was laid across the forks and taken through a 12 foot dock door.

#36 2 years ago

Yep they maybe able to move a game sitting on its legs but they will surely damage it if they try! Where as if its on a pallet they are required to move it with a fork lift or a pallet jack. Now which one would you use? Be honest! (OK your a dock worker who doesn't give a crap) Come on...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 41.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 14.95
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.00
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside