You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drac2.jpg
IMG_0147.JPG
2012-09-22_00-10-20_336.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I thought the ball evaporated at first lol, spent a lot of time looking for it... the beers may have assisted.

2012-09-22_00-10-20_336.jpg2012-09-22_00-10-20_336.jpg

#2 11 years ago

haha nice. I've seen that one before...but not very often.

#3 11 years ago

happens on my FT once in a rare while...

how do you like the star posts on the stern? pretty sure that was not factory, right?

-jon - reciprocal nyc

#4 11 years ago

How did that happen? Wouldn't seem to have enough force to come in from the inlane outlane.

#5 11 years ago

Common problem.

One size smaller rubber ring is the answer.

LTG

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

happens on my FT once in a rare while...
how do you like the star posts on the stern? pretty sure that was not factory, right?
-jon - reciprocal nyc

I think the star posts were OG on FGY actually but I could be wrong. Its a very small detail but I do think they look better or should I just say more old school.

There are red star posts on my LOTR with the LED flashers installed beneath that light up when the slings are hit & I think it looks super dank, might do that to all my pins. Recently I bought red, orange, yellow & blue to try out on my machines (FGY, LOTR & TSPP)

Quoted from LTG:

Common problem.
LTG

Thanks dude, I will give that a try. I have factory sizes installed but that was for black rings of course.

Quoted from TheLaw:

haha nice. I've seen that one before...but not very often.

Really? Man I've owned machines for about 7 years now & been attending CP pinball religiously for almost a half decade & this has never happend to me. I thought it was like a pinball total eclipse or something... damn

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I thought it was like a pinball total eclipse or something... damn

Well I worked at an arcade for 6 years so there's plenty of chances to see weird wild stuff. Never happened to one of my machines.

#8 11 years ago

I have had that happen multiple times.
Like LTG said you just need a tighter rubber ring.

#9 11 years ago

This has happened three times in my Tron.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Considering how fast FGY plays, the original black rubbers are a better answer.

The factory rubbers are 2". A 1 3/4" rubber will be stretched too far and not play properly. I know it will fall on deaf ears, but I would recommend changing the game back to all black rubbers. If you want some color, change the flippers and slings to blue rubbers (2" on the slings). That's what I did on mine.

My location Shrek has had numerous balls stuck under the slings. It's always had factory black rubbers. FGY and Shrek slings and flippers are very fast. Not only will it not play right when you switch to white rubbers, but you'll also get more balls buried under the slings. You're lucky it didn't damage a switch this time.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

This has happened three times in my Tron.

Ditto for my tron. The disc lodges it in there.

#12 11 years ago

Happened to me, too. My recent freak event was having the ball hit the flipper in just the right way to jump backwards over the flipper and into the out hole. I didn't know that was possible.

#13 11 years ago

I had a ball pop up and get stuck on the far right lightning bolt on acdc today.

#14 11 years ago

Look up "stucky balls" on facebook...people post weird stuck ball pics there..

#15 11 years ago

Okay... that's funny!

#16 11 years ago

Out of the disc into the slingshot...

IMG_0147.JPGIMG_0147.JPG

#17 11 years ago

I just for the first time did this Friday night on my Shadow. It took me a minute to figure out what happened it went so fast and poof..gone. We were laughing and saying what are the chances..

#18 11 years ago

I went to white rubbers on my Tron and had the same problem pretty consistently. The factory black rubber is 2" so I figured I would go down in size but I couldn't find 1 3/4" white rubber anywhere. I wound up going back to the factory rubber as the 1 1/2" white was way too tight. If anyone knows of a source for 1.75" white rings I'd love to know about it!

#19 11 years ago

I just saw this happen for the first time on Saturday night playing a DM when we were at a fellow pinsiders house. I thought that it was the weirdest thing, but he said its happened a few times to him before.

#20 11 years ago

used to happen on old games all the time. That's why you see little nails and metal rails behind the rubber on slingshots. They stopped doing it to cut costs, but it was a common problem back in the day.

#21 11 years ago

I've had the ball get stuck that way on Shrek.

#22 11 years ago

Balls lodged under slings always warrant caution. The sling switches are on the switch matrix and of course, the kicker arm is driven by a 50V coil. The kicker arm SHOULD be electrically isolated from the 50V that drives it but I've seen at least one incident where it was not. If the ball makes a connection between the switch and the kicker arm...poof!, there goes the switch matrix.

Turning power off to dislodge balls trapped like this is definitely warranted.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#23 11 years ago

I had this happen on my Earthshaker right after I waxed the playfield.It stopped after about a week.

#24 11 years ago

this has happened to me only one time ... after a clean and wax on BSD.
during multiball i lost track of this guy...

drac2.jpgdrac2.jpg

#25 11 years ago

Wow thats crazy..

#26 11 years ago

i had it happen on the Rolling Stones, and I know what you mean the ball was there one second and gone the next.Ii thought I was losing my mind!

#27 11 years ago

it seriously took me waaaaay to long to find the ball.

i was very confused.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/never-lost-a-ball-this-way-before and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.