036.JPG
035.JPG
030.JPG
033.JPG
032.JPG
038.JPG
029.JPG
eingestrickt.jpg
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Hi all,
I have conferred this "Addams Pinball" for a Pinball exhibition promotion campaign to a Mall in Hannover.
By A communication error between Agency and Artist , the artist has glued the stuff at my Pin
Now it is severely damaged, the insurance will pay for the restoration.
Through the help of Steve Ritchie, I now get almost all needed parts, but still looking for a good cloud. Can anybody help me to get a nice cloud ?
Comments welcome
Regards
Torsten

eingestrickt.jpgeingestrickt.jpg
#2 8 years ago

If the artist is famous this TAF could now be worth a fortune
Sorry just kidding.

#3 8 years ago

Oh my goddd what on earth would possess a person to think that is an ok thing to do??!

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh my goddd what on earth would possess a person to think that is an ok thing to do??!

Stupidity.

#5 8 years ago

I see a balcony, I would have thrown her over the edge and then the machine on top of her. (in my anger dream)

Oh man, Sorry to see/hear that she glued things on there.
The horror.
Curious about where in total she used glue.

#6 8 years ago

Wow! Just wow.

#7 8 years ago

Wow. Just......wow. Talk about a screw up.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Wow! Just wow.

You beat me by 20 seconds, roc-noc.

#9 8 years ago

Wellarmed said it, is the artist known enough to sell the pin as-is for more than an Addams family would normally sell? I would try to avoid the headache and time of a restoration and just buy another one if you could make any money selling it as-is.

The artist did pick an expensive "canvas" for the work.

#11 8 years ago

Dang, I work for a company based in Hannover. Too bad I missed this.

#12 8 years ago

Just throw some clear on it !

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

Wellarmed said it, is the artist known enough to sell the pin as-is for more than an Addams Family would normally sell? I would try to avoid the headache and time of a restoration and just buy another one if you could make any money selling it as-is.

The artist did pick an expensive "canvas" for the work.

The machine is still my property and not for sale. I got them in 1996 and it "slept" for more than 15 years.
I will and wants to keep alive this machine.
The insurance will pay and the work I do not make myself...but need a cloud...
"Welcome back"

Torsten

They know not what they are doing...I'll teach them

#14 8 years ago

I know everyone has their opinion regarding art --- what they like and what they don't.

In this case, that doesn't look like art to me. It looks like a grade school craft project!

#15 8 years ago

Is the "Artist" John Popadiuk?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Zidware Pinball USA game #5.

A CONversion kit!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Here is one
ebay.com link » The Addams Family Cloud Topper With Decals Pinball 03 8643 Clear

Thanks for your help...Rick still searching for a cloud...if he does not find one, I will buy this....
Wow, it came from "Outer Space" 80 Australian Dollars freight .....Insurance must pay.
O think, after finishing rebuilt my Addams, they will hate her

#18 8 years ago

Must be the new AF LE remake spy photo teaser.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from altan:

In this case, that doesn't look like art to me. It looks like a grade school craft project!

Exactly. That pinball machine got bedazzled by a hack who didn't realize she was hotglueing puff balls to something collectible. Hope you find a new topper and can repair the damage.

#20 8 years ago

Looks pretty normal for a pinside game

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

If the artist is famous this TAF could now be worth a fortune
Sorry just kidding.

If thats what a famous artist can produce, the art world is even stupider than I thought!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I know everyone has their opinion regarding art --- what they like and what they don't.

You are right, thanks for comment

#23 8 years ago

Property damage....period.

Charge them $7K for the machine and move on.

#24 8 years ago

If she used "Hot Glue", Isoproyl Alcohol will release the glue. It will take some time to remove all of the daps of glue.

#25 8 years ago

I'm assuming she used some sort of destructive glue like elmers that can't be easily removed? I know not everyone is pinball aware, but even if it was mis-communicated, wouldn't the artist think for a moment "Are we really sure it's ok to glue things to this? This looks like it's in pretty good shape"

#26 8 years ago

The miscommunication is likely that the artist did not know the value of the game and assumed it was a donation. I seriously doubt the artist would have done this to the game if they thought it was valuable.

Sorry this happened! glad you are going to get it restored.

#27 8 years ago

Can we see pics of the damage? I'm having a hard time understanding what kind of damage hot glue can do.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Dang, I work for a company based in Hannover. Too bad I missed this.

Hi, but don t miss this in Wolfsburg:

http://pacificpinball.org/events/ausgeflippt-exhibit-opens-phaeno-germany

#29 8 years ago

You damaged goods, lady.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Can we see pics of the damage? I'm having a hard time understanding what kind of damage hot glue can do.

Hi, here some pics...not in best quality, made under shock, directly when I reached there to pick up my Addams

029.JPG029.JPG 030.JPG030.JPG 031.JPG031.JPG 032.JPG032.JPG 033.JPG033.JPG 035.JPG035.JPG 038.JPG038.JPG 036.JPG036.JPG
#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The miscommunication is likely that the artist did not know the value of the game and assumed it was a donation. I seriously doubt the artist would have done this to the game if they thought it was valuable.
Sorry this happened! glad you are going to get it restored.

Thanks a lot Red Baron

#32 8 years ago

I'll make sure to never show this to my Grand- daughter because it looks like something she would do !

#33 8 years ago

Wow! That's a lot of damage!!

Thanks for the pics and sorry for your inconvenience. Hopefully the mall covers your insurance deductible so you aren't out anything but time.

#34 8 years ago

Horrible.

I've rented out games for exhibitions and photo shoots but never anything that I'd be THAT upset if something like that happened. We are talking no-name EMs and Big Guns.

Beyond the damage, the "art" is atrocious. A crime against pinball as well as the arts!

#35 8 years ago

Oh.......well if it's in the name of art......everything is okay........NOT

Sorry this happened....truly mind blowing

#36 8 years ago

This is mind blowing! Very sorry this happened. Is that the so called artist in the photo?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

If there's a bad jpop joke these days, I haven't heard it!

#38 8 years ago

That's going to be an expensive OUCHIE

#39 8 years ago

And yet the potc zizzle is untouched? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Horrible.
I've rented out games for exhibitions and photo shoots but never anything that I'd be THAT upset if something like that happened. We are talking no-name EMs and Big Guns.
Beyond the damage, the "art" is atrocious. A crime against pinball as well as the arts!

Hi,
I can not find better words as yours.... for this kind of "art"....
Thanks a lot to "Big Apple", greets from "Beck's" Town
Torsten

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This is mind blowing! Very sorry this happened. Is that the so called artist in the photo?

Hi,
sure, the womwn you see there is "in action", mindless destroying Pinball Art
Greets
Torsten

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from toddy65:

Hi,
sure, the womwn you see there is "in action", mindless destroying Pinball Art
Greets
Torsten

Sorry, excuse my bad English, I would say "Pinball Artwork"

#43 8 years ago

This seems like someone's idea of a joke or something. Were children that don't know better doing this? That's vandalism, not art. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a neutral third party to put a dollar value on the damage and loss value. I've done that with a car but not sure about pins.

#44 8 years ago

Did she get permission to do this from the person you loaned this machine to?

If she did, you now have two parties to sue for damages.

Sadly, this is why I've never taken my machines to pinball events.

#45 8 years ago

It boggles the mind how some people don't think before they do things like this. Unless she was specifically told by the organisers she could permanently deface the machine I don't understand how someone thinks it's ok to just glue crap on to it. She could have had the same effect using blu tac or something that wouldn't leave damage!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

It boggles the mind how some people don't think before they do things like this. Unless she was specifically told by the organisers she could permanently deface the machine I don't understand how someone thinks it's ok to just glue crap on to it. She could have had the same effect using blu tac or something that wouldn't leave damage!

You would think the moment she put down the glue she would realize that she was destroying the cabinet. I don't see how it is even possible for someone to lack that much common sense.

#47 8 years ago

Probably a liberal arts major with a $100,000 student loan that will never get paid off and will never understand why.

#48 8 years ago

That is so ugly. I can't even classify it as art or artwork.
She probably thought it looked terrific.

toddy65,
What did you say when you first saw that, and found out she glued that stuff on your machine?

I would never have expected something like that to happen to it.

#49 8 years ago

It's amazing what can pass as art. Someone give her a Ferrari and see what she can make next.

#50 8 years ago

All she did was glue some puff balls, some dolie lace and ugly felt stripes to it! I love art as much as the next guy, but that is a terrible thing to do to a machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,159.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/never-lend-a-pinball-for-a-mall- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.