Seems to be happening more often now... I got this piece of information from somebody. I tried it and sometimes the Trough 2 beeps and I see it go on and off. Is this the problem? I better get up to speed on how to crimp and change connectors. I have several to do.
"Often times the connectors that plug into the two ball trough boards
are the problem. You can check this out by doing the following:
1) Remove all the balls from the game so the ball trough is empty.
2) Go into test mode. Find the switch edge test page.
3) Check to see that all of the optos are registering okay.
4) Gently start wiggling each wire that goes to the connector on each board
5) If the game beeps at you, registering a switch closure when you
wiggle a wire, then that wire contact is flaky.
Most of the time I would recommend replacing the connectors with new
ones. But often you can just re-seat the wires in the connector.
The connector has a small V-groove where the wire is pressed down in.
Often the wires can wiggle loose. So you will need a jeweler's
screwdriver to slip down into that V-groove and push the wire down in
as far as you can. This should hopefully improve the connection."