• BBC 7 votes
    7%
  • Other 1 vote
    1%
  • Local station 4 votes
    4%
  • None 15 votes
    15%

(Multiple choice - 101 votes by 65 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeburg220.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

I'm done with ABC World News Tonight.

The format is ridiculously repetitive. The first 2 minutes of the show, they cover every headline that they are going to talk about.

Then, the anchor reiterates the first headline verbatim, adding a smidgen more bit of information. Then, they go to a remote reporter, who parrots the exact same thing.

So, you get to hear a headline 3 times, with only a scant more detail added and then repeated, in case you had forgotten what was said twice before.

This is done for every story. I know Americans have a short attention span, but holy shnikes!

<Rant off>
<Resume beer>

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no idea what possesses someone to post something like this here. Who gives a shit what a bunch of people you don’t know and have zero connection to besides a hobby thinks about “network news?”

Says the guy who's name begins with the word crazy. You could have just not said anything.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Not much actual news anymore. Very few facts with a whole lot of opinions and feelings.

Is Canadian news as bad with that? I was hoping to find a better news source, aside from Google news.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It should tell you something that I’m crazy yet still don’t understand why you woke up this morning and decided to post this poll.
Can you walk us through the thought process? Have you been thinking about this for weeks or did it just come to you this morning? What do you hope to accomplish by polling pinside on its news watching habits?

Wow, I think I will just ignore you from now on, as you appear to have more anger issues than I do.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Who the hell still watches TV networks?
It’s 2021, just use the internet.

I already do with Google News. It's more of watching it with my wife, who likes tv news.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeburg220.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/network-news-gripes?tu=seeburg220 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.