• BBC 7 votes
    7%
  • Other 1 vote
    1%
  • Local station 4 votes
    4%
  • None 15 votes
    15%

(Multiple choice - 101 votes by 65 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 3 years ago

None of the above, there’s a difference between “news” and “current events”!

I have been willfully avoiding most “news” for several months now, and it has done WONDERS for my psyche! Shutting off the TV news and (most importantly) the comments sections of online sources really does clear much of the “noise”.

By design, most “news” reports (regardless of media) are geared to entrap one in a cycle of pessimism, where feelings of powerlessness in response to whatever terrible thing is being reported results in a anxiety-fueled desire to keep tuning-in, ever fearful of “missing something” (which would exacerbate the feeling of being out of control) and always looking for that first glimmer of resolution.

I do still keep up with current events, but now in a purposefully detached “facts only” manner where I spend minutes rather than hours per week doing so; this is mostly impossible if one looks only to the alphabet soup media conglomerates for the information.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/network-news-gripes?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.