You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E56771AF-B322-4BE3-B395-CC1BE6765DB5 (resized).png
candid photography (resized).jpg
6E9C6F53-FC23-409B-A40F-FF8860727B52 (resized).jpeg
C6CF203E-3126-4B26-A447-ECFEE367D9FC (resized).jpeg
8886ACF2-A4F2-4ADB-8878-27F5449C918C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 5 years ago

I'm running a custom built 4U FreeNAS server, with 16 3.5" and 6 2.5" hot swap bays. Currently I have 80TB of magnetic storage, and 4 TB of solid state storage

I'm using a Xeon 12 Core CPU, with 128Gb of ram. I use for critical files storage with sync to the cloud, Virtual Machines, and a Plex server.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Out of curiosity, what kind of files are you backing up that requires 80TB of storage? I guessing a bunch of 4K Blu-ray rips?

Photography is a hobby of mine, so I've got about 15 years of RAW files, plus about 5 years of JPG shot before then. I use the NAS for Time Machine backups of 3 separate Macs, and a back up of 3 different PC. I also have video footage I've shot, document backups, etc. I have about 1TB of high quality rips I've made from my old CD collection, and an assortment of Blu-ray and 4K content.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

That does make sense actually.
But, we really wanted it to be pron

Oh, and pr0n

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/network-attached-storage-whatcha-got?tu=okgrak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.