2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,039 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by TomN
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 249 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fullsizeoutput_1fc (resized).jpeg
Sanic.jpg
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190208_151349_01~3 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
20190129_142236 (resized).jpg
IMG_3234 (resized).jpeg
69044B95-E9FE-4A5C-B646-258CA97A49D7 (resized).jpeg
61rNEjpgzsL._AC_ (resized).jpg
C35A6742-E9D6-4736-A23C-0958BB68100C (resized).jpeg
UT (resized).jpg
index.jpg
20181115_170603.jpg
20181115_170545.jpg
C1A976B2-BA58-4CBC-93AF-15736B6D2DE0 (resized).jpeg
4606D479-8C65-4B96-9C88-7E1FF526F41C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Buy Wii for $20
buy $5 SD card
Install homebrew channel --> https://please.hackmii.com/
video guide -->» YouTube video
Download any emulator you want --> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators
video guide to do it the easy way - » YouTube video
Problem solved.

That first video is good, and also the second one from the same guy that continues with the installation of the USB hard drive. I got both of those done with no problem. I got a bunch of Wii games down onto the hard drive then the Wii stopped reading discs so I have to deal with that now. I had a feeling it was going to go based on some of the noises it was making.

Is there a good way to play Gamecube games on the Wii if they are also stored on the USB hard drive? I saw the thing called Dios Mios but it seems a bit iffy. It might be the only way. Right now I have the Gamecube hooked up anyway but it would be nice to take a box out to clean things up.

I haven't gotten to the other emulators for the homebrew channel yet, hope to get to that over the holidays.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For the record, using an Everdrive on an original console is not emulation.

That N64 V3 Everdrive looks great, I think I will get one. I looked on Ebay and added up the prices of all my N64 cartridges and it looks like I could pretty much pay for it if I sell those. But, maybe I'll keep them, can't decide. The most valuable ones I have look like Goldeneye 007 (about $25), Mario Kart 64 ($50) and Pokeman Stadium 2 ($40).

1 week later
#530 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Couple years ago I realized that NES games are pretty expensive. Our local Game trader store was selling a nicely boxed (but opened) copy of Contra for like $100. Zelda was like $60.
Makes me wonder what my collection is worth. I know I sold a bunch of NES games in the early 90's at a yard sale that I probably wished I still had. But know I have near-mint copies (with mint boxes) of Zelda, Mike Tyson, and Mario 1 & 2.
What's the most valuable common NES game? I mean one that everyone probably had. Not that super rare track and field game. Just curious what games everyone wishes they didn't get rid of.

Check out Ebay, search for NES + game title, and click show sold listings only so you see what people actually paid. Zelda maybe 40-80, Marios 30-40, Tyson maybe 20-30.

BUT, boxes, and especially mint or near mint boxes, change things quite a bit. So if you have those they probably will get higher prices. Those would need some more research I think to set a good price.

Zelda offered for $5,000 !

ebay.com link » Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past Snes New Sealed 1st Print Mint Gold Vga 85

#614 2 years ago

I've had an Xbox One for quite a while and I agree. The menu system sucks. Every time I turn the damn thing on I fumble around before I get to what I want. You would think Microsoft could figure out how to design an interface by now. But like you said, UIs everywhere are pretty lousy these days. It seems the art of designing a simple, effective, and efficient interface is fading. But I will tell you what I think is a nice one: LaunchBox. I have this installed on a gaming PC and it has a nice menu to launch everything - all the PC games including Steam as well as all of the emulators, MAME, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Wii, GameCube etc etc. It works great and is customizable. I haven't been able to get it to work with the pinball software yet though. I think it will do it with enough work. It's worth a look if you would like a gaming PC front end alternative to Hyperspin. I tried Hyperspin and it was such a tiresome mishmash I quickly gave up on it.

10 months later
#1652 1 year ago

The first rule of rom club is you don’t talk about rom club.

632C9D1F-7F96-442B-B346-A6B019362FBC (resized).jpeg

F3826098-BE52-4237-BA86-96597E373927 (resized).jpeg

#1654 1 year ago

Ha got it, actually I was aiming it at the post you replied to. Anyway, just having some fun and giving a hint for those that need it. Another hint... no-intro is a fun google search term.

8 months later
#1759 8 months ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

The first rule of rom club is you don’t talk about rom club.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

RIP Paradise of the Emu

#1763 8 months ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Can anyone tell me what happened? I'm actually just going through and organizing my old near crashing hard drive and pulling my ROMs off... was going to go through and organize them to confirm complete collections, rename, etc etc...

Nintendo is putting the hammer down on a number of different Rom sites, Emu was one of them. They are folding up rather than risk the legal wrath. Google "nintendo rom sites" for plenty of articles about it.

1 month later
#1811 6 months ago

This is a great day. Soldier of Fortune just hit GOG!

If the idea of shooting a bad guy's leg clean off into a bloody stump with a shotgun sounds horrible to you, run away. Otherwise, this is one of the classic FPS games ever. I still have my original disc although I play it with a CD hack. Now I can pay for a clean DRM free version. Happy happy days.

Relating to the posts just above, I got rid of pretty much all of those old games, the boxes, the discs, the manuals. Once I could get them all on Steam or GOG and have it all electronically I wanted to save the space. I did check them before I threw them out and it didn't seem like they were worth much. I might have sold a few on ebay, can't remember. It's all good, I am happy as heck to be able to play them now without having to put a stupid CD or DVD into the computer.

2 months later
#1950 4 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone in this thread down for some Unreal Tournament action?

I just don't have time to play much these days and I would be super rusty at UT. But good lord some of the best times we ever had was when we would set up a handful of PCs on my home network and just go to town against each other in deathmatches. Man that is fun times. We also played a lot of Capture the Flag and Onslaught, hours on end, moms/wives yelling at us and being ignored...

UT (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#1994 3 months ago

Going on this weekend in Pomona for you SoCal retro types. They have pinball there as well.

http://retrocityfestival.com/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 0.35
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside