DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statictrance.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1740 5 years ago

Is there anywhere you can grab a recommendation for each platform of console? My console collection is strong, but my game collection is only strong on certain consoles (and I doubt I want to complete that Atari Jaguar collection anytime soon). I saw the Everdrive listed above on N64 - other platforms?

Also - if anyone has a Keio Flying Squadron copy for Sega CD for a fair price, I'm that close to completing my Sega cd collection. Will have some pics to follow later. (in process of moving)

#1743 5 years ago

Turbo Grafx... you just said the magic word. Most of my consoles have somewhat of a respectable collection (I'm just a shade under 2k game wise) - but TG16 has always been ridiculously priced to collect anything other than a few basics. I'm going to check this out right now. Thanks dudes.

1 week later
#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

More
Statictrance, I have a near mint condition Keio Flying Squadron..

Hey - I tried direct messaging you, but no response yet. Let me know if you are still looking to sell the Keio. Thanks.

2 months later
#1762 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what happened? I'm actually just going through and organizing my old near crashing hard drive and pulling my ROMs off... was going to go through and organize them to confirm complete collections, rename, etc etc...

4 weeks later
#1774 5 years ago

I have the Steel Battalion controller - it's not something you're going to use very often but if you're a mech game enthusiast it's the coolest freaking thing to play through. Graphics aren't too bad, it doesn't pull you out of it going back 2 gens.

1 week later
#1802 5 years ago

A local store here had one for sale along with 7 or 8 of the 11 total games released for it. I really wanted it since it had been twenty years without even seeing one before - but the package deal $1,500 price tag kept me pretty far away. I'd rather have another pin or two than a shelf piece I'd never use.

1 week later
#1815 5 years ago

Woody - I thought you could soft mod a PS2 by now - what's the benefit to hard modding with a chip?

Ben - I'm always impressed when I pop in my old Master System carts and see the battery chugging along. Then I look at my saves and immediately get embarrassed by what I named the hero of the RPG in question.

2 weeks later
#1844 5 years ago

Not to mention, Collecting Intellivision isn't exactly difficult. Most all of the games worth owning can be had for chump change compared to other retro platforms.

1 month later
#1964 5 years ago

What's the going rate for a US Gameboy Player nowadays?

5 months later
#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

He got it for a steal but I've been looking for a 7800 for a while, the price was fair l.

timtim - Not sure how fair the price was and I can't see the other titles due to the glare - but that 7800 version of Double Dragon is a pretty desireable game all to itself. Very nice snag!

If you feel like going rare game hunting for something totally nuts, I totally recommend trying to find a copy of Ninja Golf for the 7800. It's exactly what it sounds like and just as absurd.

2 months later
#2105 4 years ago

So here is something you don't see every day. I went to ReplayFX for Pinburgh and walked out with two original ship boxes of unopened ET games.
IMG_20190805_103825 (resized).jpgIMG_20190805_103825 (resized).jpg

This one is the lesser condition of the two, but is the picture I have handy. It has the boxes stuck together and some damage to the shipping cardboard. The other is in fantastic shape. All six games at least 8.5/10 unopened and the box too

#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Did you learn where these came from? We’re they found in the dump excavation from a couple years ago? I never heard if they actually found anything.

The guy I talked to does renovation and clean outs of old buildings. He found them back around 2002 about 25 miles south of here in an old electronics store they were renovating. He just happened to bring them the same day we parked next to each other in the garage and met drinking a beer between Pinburgh rounds

1 week later
#2127 4 years ago

@woody22 I remember being an impressionable pre teen when Rise came out and it being the first game I had played that swore at me. (The electrical box .. if you aren't there, you'll need the walkthrough there too).

It definitely could have been refined, but for a game from 1990, its pretty killer. Almost anything I play from 1990 has some pain points nowadays.

1 year later
#2468 3 years ago

Betelgeuse Don't worry, you aren't the only Sega CD fan in town... Save one empty spot cause I can't justify $1400 for Keio, it's a CIB set, paperbox variants and all.

Apologies for the bad pic, but I bought a few pins from PAPA and this old Hot hand is sitting in front of the game racks while I reorganize.

16071156420804854326369170115500 (resized).jpg16071156420804854326369170115500 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#2992 6 months ago

If you're emulating Dreamcast and like shmups - you need to put Cannon Spike on that list. Serious odd ball game that's fun as hell to play, has a few recognizable characters, and is super rare/valuable if you have a real copy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statictrance.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=statictrance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.