IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah, it's crazy! I texted some guy on Craig's about one for $120 and he said his new price was $185. Savages.

Contact a few people scalping them and arrange for them all to meet "you" at the same location at the same time. Seriously though, just wait a few weeks. Nintendo is just releasing them slowly to build the hype.

#199 7 years ago

Apologies if I've already shared this here, but these were the games that I kept from my collection. I tried to whittle things down to the 66 games that would fit into this case.

IMG_16591_zpsvmlx6a4r (resized).jpgIMG_16591_zpsvmlx6a4r (resized).jpg

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

like rental clamshells or something?

They are Universal Game Cases. I bought them by the case from www.mediashelving.com.

IMG_16601_zpsznrht0vh (resized).jpgIMG_16601_zpsznrht0vh (resized).jpg

#206 7 years ago

I have zero regrets about switching over to these cases. I think they provide a nice clean look.

#214 7 years ago

I think that's exactly right. There were probably people who were 50/50 on wanting one pre-release. Those same people would for sure buy it if they saw it on the shelves right now.

1 month later
#410 7 years ago

I'm a retro gamer. Currently have my NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, GameCube w/ GameBoy Player hooked up. About a year ago, I went though a massive video game downsize. I completely sold off my Sega CD and Sega Saturn stuff and then, for the other systems, decided to only keep the games I played the most. I do also have a modded Wii that I keep upstairs. If you are going to emulate that's still the route I'd recommend. You can pickup a system for next to nothing and the interface is very visually appealing. Plus you can use GameCube, Wavebirds, Classic, or Classic Pro controllers.

PS: I also still enjoy breaking out Guitar Hero at parties. I can do that on the Wii too.

IMG_1659[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1659[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1660[2] (resized).JPGIMG_1660[2] (resized).JPG

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Legally you should only be downloading ROMs for the games you already own.

Is that true? I seem to remember someone saying that owning one copy of a game did NOT give you the rights to have a second copy as a rom. I thought that was odd though since owning a CD does give you the digital rights to those songs. That's basically the only reason I buy CDs now. It's almost always cheaper to just buy the CD then buy the mp3s.

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I picked up MK doubledash this morning from a local store. Played coop with my wife tonight. SO FUN and she loved it!!! The wii is really a great platform to have multiple consoles on Wish the wiiu played GC though, make it cleaner in the living room
Any other "easy" coop games you can think of?

If you don't mind going old school Jackal was a coop game on the easy side. Beat'em ups were also some of the easier coop games. Many of them were arcade ports.

1 week later
#475 7 years ago

That's a solid list. I might swap in Secret of Mana and Yoshi's Island. Perhaps in place of Actraiser and Gradius III. I also like most of the arcade port beat'en ups and Street Fighter II.

#524 7 years ago

Yeah the retro beat'em up TMNT games were some of my favorites. I'd say Tecmo Super Bowl and TMNT: The Arcade Game were the top two most played gamed of my childhood.

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm sorry. Wrong name: Dragon Warrior.

Dragon Warrior was the first and only video game that my Mom ever played. I wish I still had the cart with the hero named "Mom".

Quoted from woody24:

What's the most valuable common NES game? I mean one that everyone probably had. Not that super rare track and field game. Just curious what games everyone wishes they didn't get rid of.

It probably depends on where you want to include as "common". I'd say Mega Man. The most recent CIB eBay sale was $310 with 40 bids.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Did anyone have the Power Glove? Fess up!

I still have my Power Glove. I have it as a display piece on my desk gripping an E-Tank Sports Drink.

$_57 (resized).jpg$_57 (resized).jpg

#602 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jeez they have gone up. I'm glad five years ago I bought one when it was $35...

They really have. I was thinking it was about half of that honestly, but that was the most recent actual sale. Granted games do typically peak around the holidays. I remember passing on a CIB set for $200 several years ago. It was one of those where I hesitated and they guy sold it to another buyer.

#730 7 years ago

WANTED: Does anyone have any Wii controllers available? I'm looking for two white controllers with the motion plus (or the mario / luigi ones) plus two of the original black controllers. Hoping to just leave the black ones setup for guitar hero. Send me a PM if you have any or all that you'd be willing to sell for a decent price.

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It was also a way to extend the life of a short game. Mario games today usually have over a hundred stages with reasons to go back to collect things.

That's my thinking. Plus then we wouldn't have had this:

game_genie_nes (resized).jpggame_genie_nes (resized).jpg

#748 7 years ago

I remember sending in cash to buy the updated code books. Also the very first thing I ever used the internet for was to look up Game Genie codes.

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

I know I am at least a year late for this, but was anyone a bit disappointed by the Mega Man Legacy Collection? I just bought the game today for the PS4. I know it is suppose to replicate the original NES versions as close as possible but I didn't grow up with those versions which doesn't matter to me. I own the Anniversary Collection for the PS2. I haven't played that game in years but I remember it being much better. Not only did it removes pretty much all of the bugs and glitches from the originals, but it came with 4 more games than the Legacy Collection. (Though Mega Man 7 & 8 suck) It also gave an option to play the original 6 in an easier mode if you are a noob like me Anyone else have thoughts?

In my opinion if you own the Anniversary Collection on any system except the GameCube there isn't a major reason to buy the Legacy Collection. The GameCube version though had the damn buttons switched. If you are used to playing them on the NES it's really hard to retrain your brain.

2 weeks later
#899 7 years ago

I'm currently playing though Link's Awakening DX. I played the original version back in the day, but I don't remember much. I totally forgot all of the Mario references. I think Zelda games from the Game Boy though Game Boy Advanced are among the best.

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I saw my kid playing that one, and I wanted to play, but i just can't get into games on a small hand held system like that. I wish they had an adapter so I could jack into the Wii U and put it up on the TV and play.

I agree. I skipped over most handhelds until the Game Boy Player came out for the GameCube. I wish they could do that with the Switch for the DS / 3DS.

1 month later
#1087 7 years ago

Anyone else pre-ordering Paprium? I just ordered a Limited Edition. I'm not sure how limited it will be, but it looks like a great game and I'd be shocked if it were to depreciate in value. Not buying it because of that, but it helps to justify the $89 price for a genesis game. I also just ordered a reprint copy of Pier Solar. I've owned it before, but traded it away when it was out of print for some time. People were making crazy offers.

http://www.paprium.com/

#1089 7 years ago

I'm trying not to over hype it but it looks like it has potential to be the greatest beat'em up of all time. They are saying 25 levels, 5 playable characters, and RPG elements.

2 weeks later
#1144 7 years ago

Anyone at MGC check out the homebrew beanbag game that used the OG power pad? I think it was called Tailgate Party. In terms of video games I thought that was one of the more clever "new" ideas.

#1146 7 years ago

It was down the hall in the NintendoAge room. While the pad was cool it's almost begging for a hack to make the sensor more reliable. I would almost want to customize a board with optos, but at that point perhaps you'd be better off starting over. I could also see adding a "flash" mode similar to what they have in bowlers.

2 weeks later
#1182 6 years ago

I went though a GBA spree a few years ago. I was a huge fan of the SNES but missed most of the handheld stuff.

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Any games I should be on the hunt for?

This is one of my favorite sites for retro game selections: http://www.racketboy.com/. Lot's of information on most systems. I especially like the "undiscovered" sections. It's really a complete list too because before offering the "undiscovered" picks they go over the "obvious choices" by category. Here is a link to the GBA: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/gba/best-undiscovered-nintendo-game-boy-advance-gba-games. Some random stuff I picked up after reading the article was: Disney’s Lilo & Stitch, Drill Dozer, and Iridion II. I had no idea Disney's Lilo & Stitch was a Metal Slug style shooter. Since this is a pinball site, I'll also give a quick nod to Pinball of the Dead. It's a House of the Dead game where you bash zombies with a pinball. I can appreciate virtual pinball that doesn't try to emulate, but instead tries to create an experience that you can't get on a traditional table.

#1198 6 years ago

Does anyone have an extra GameCube power supply they would be interested in selling. Looking to spend around $10 shipped.

#1240 6 years ago

I'd suggest Links Awakening.

#1246 6 years ago

So I've been clearing out a lot of my games, but the system I always struggle with is the PS2. The games are still just such a great value it's hard for me to let them go. I actually just added Takio Drum Masters to my collection. I found the controller cheap at a pawn shop, but never bothered to buy the game. I found it for a few bucks on Amazon. Any other good "party game" suggestions for the PS2? I like games where you can play them for a few minutes and then walk away.

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Cookies n Cream. Fantastic coop game. Id have to think otherwise. THe library is so freaking massive.... so many good games.

A few people suggested that. I just ordered that plus Katamari Damacy for $16.80 shipped.

#1260 6 years ago

I'm looking to get more into some homebrew, hacks, and translations; but there are just so many that's it's hard to know where to start. In general I like games that are more arcade style; versus super long RPGs. Actually, I like RPGs but I just don't have the time to play them. I'm mostly into platforms, puzzle, beat'em ups, party games, etc. I'm open to all cart based systems. I've been looking around and I'm considering starting with Alter Ego, Battle Kid 2, Mario Adventures, Iron Commando, Secret of Mana 2, and The Firemen. Looking for opinions on those games, plus suggestions of other games I should consider. Specifically is there a reason to choose Battle Kid over Battle Kid 2?

#1263 6 years ago

It starts...I have Battle Kid 2, Iron Commando, Paprium, and Pier Solar on order. I've actually owned Pier Solar in the past; but when it started going for crazy money I traded that away.

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I have a first run of Pier Solar but havent finished it

Yeah, I decided to trade the early run when they were out of production. They were just going for so much at that point I figured I could rebuy it at another time. I actually traded that and a few other games for a CIB copy of Earthbound. I think the first run still sells for quite a bit. If you own it to just to play it, it might be worth downgrading to a reprint and pocketing some cash.

1 week later
#1267 6 years ago

Any information if it will be released on other systems or PC? I'd love to have it, but I don't have a switch.

#1269 6 years ago

I'll have to check out the reviews. Honestly, I'd eventually really like to have a dedicated Street Fighter arcade. It sounds like this is going to be the definitive version of Street Fighter II. I wonder if it would be possible to build a dedicated machine around a Switch. I just don't know much about the hardware.

1 month later
#1309 6 years ago

Hopefully the preorders will be open for longer then they were in the EU. They seemed to sell out quite quickly, but I do think there is something to Nintendo's strategy. This fear of missing out does seem to create a demand.

PS: Glad the pinball hobby isn't like this.

#1315 6 years ago

I actually recently sold my NTDOY stock. Not sure if that was wise or not, but it's just up so much over the past two years that I thought it was a good opportunity to cash out. I can't remember who said it, but "It's better to be a soar winner then a soar loser." I figured things were near hyped out after Pokemon Go, Amiibos, NES Classic, Switch, and several game announcements. Not sure how much of the SNESmini was built into the price; but that game list will undoubtedly draw interest.

#1318 6 years ago

I very well could be wrong. I mostly sold as a part of a fear of a market correction in the near future. Plus, I think a lot what you mentioned is already built into the stock price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.