IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgreene.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

So it looks like it can emulate all the consoles including Wii and GameCube, and you can import your Roms into it via an SD card. I guess all the MAME games run on it also? That sounds like a pretty awesome deal, I had no idea. I don’t know if I can ever adapt to the handheld controls for fps games, but being able to do all that emulation would be great. I might have to get me one of these.

I don’t own one, but looks like you can plug in a mouse & keyboard w/o issues on the he steam deck.

1 year later
#2934 8 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Talking to the lizard people on level 3 now. I have officially made it farther than I did as a 6 year old. No idea how games like this were possible before the internet. Just figuring out how to cast a spell (which I never did as a kid) was an experience. Game is highly recommended. I've got another handful of PC games from my youth I'd like to get through now that I've discovered GOG. I've tried some of these games semi recently but configuring them to work from torrented copies was a nightmare. I'll happily pay 1.49 for Ultima Underworld and other vintage games for an easy experience on a modern PC. There are a few point in click King's Quest and similar games (Beavis and Butthead) I'd like to actually beat. Gonna be hard not to cheat though.
[quoted image]

Kings Quest 3. My friend and i played this a ton back in the day. Awesome starting sequence in the wizards tower. I don't think we were ever able to actually escape and make it off the first island place. But all the pixelated deaths were entertaining.

4 months later
#3020 4 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

I have fond memories of Contra. I never had the game, but a friend of mine did. We'd play all night. But I SWEAR we used a cheat that gave 99 lives. And all I remember doing was: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start.
I know "Select" makes it two-player, does that give any more than 30 lives? Maybe I was just bad at math, and 30+30=99? Because I'm pretty sure I remember that if someone used all their lives, they could use the other players too.

Pretty sure it was 30 total shared between the 2 players. At least that's what remember for the NES.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgreene.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=jgreene and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.