DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1834 5 years ago

I'm at the PRGE this weekend, and the keynote is about a new Intellivision coming...

The main "revolution" about it is the concept of the game software and giving it general/family appeal. He has licenses for many of the Intellivision titles and will revise them too. We got to see the first showing of the promotional video, which will be public on Monday. Some odd things about it, like he apparently liked the original controllers and kept the disc, although it also has motion control. Also, near the end... coming 2020? What's with all the hoopla reveal now? I thought it was imminent, that was a real let down. Also seems dumb to reveal all your plans and concepts to possible competition. Still an interesting curiosity to keep an eye on.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/21/intellivision-reveals-their-amico-console-at-portland-retro-gaming-expo/

https://liliputing.com/2018/10/he-new-intellivision-amico-retro-style-game-console-on-the-way-for-under-180.html

#1847 5 years ago

He mentioned it in his talk, it's Italian for "friend". I was thinking, it's been done... Amiga, anyone?

9 months later
#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm at the PRGE this weekend, and the keynote is about a new Intellivision coming...

Looks like the Amico is still on track. A year later and another trailer is out, before the release in another year. This time some of the games are shown (1:50 mark if you want to skip the hype). They just look like retro remakes you see on Steam or Xbox marketplace: nothing special. These are supposed to bring family/people together to play?

It's fun trying to recognize the Intellivision originals being revamped: Triple Action, Spacehawk, Astrosmash, Night Stalker. Then there's some remakes of random classics: Moon Patrol, Asteroids, Missile Command. What else?

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That trailer is hilarious. Tommy basically describes the Nintendo Switch...which EXISTS already.
I have no idea who this is for. Almost no one has nostalgia for Intellivision or their IP, and casual gamers have tons of options already. The whole "families and casual gamers are LOST...we will SAVE THEM!" pitch is delusional.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I was thinking the original Wii already did this and much better. It reminds me of the same kind of hype that surrounded CDi and 3DO when those were coming out. I'm just following it as a curiosity: might pick one up as a novelty when they fail and are cleared out.

4 years later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.