Screenshot_20231214-161932 (resized).png
Screenshot_20231214-155422 (resized).png
Screenshot_20231214-155413 (resized).png
_20231105_171238 (resized).JPG
DSC_4233 (resized).JPG
DSC_4237 (resized).JPG
Jr9L1tY (resized).png
drvgs (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guyincognito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago

I'd rather bow to the fecal-lord!

#107 7 years ago

Nintendo was such a huge part of my childhood, it's neat to see the renewed interest. I'll never buy this new device because it doesn't appear to be expandable, and I don't like the idea of having to purchase another similar device for the next 30 games. I'll stick to emulation on my PC (longtime emulator fan since the days of Nesticle) or build one of the Raspberry Pi emulators.

There are 30 decent games on the device, but a lot of the classics are missing. Where's Tetris?! What games are you disappointed that they did not include? Storage isn't an issue. The entire NES library takes up around 237 MB. [1]

There sure is a lot of hype around the release of this retro console. It should make a pretty good Christmas for Nintendo (especially without a regular current gen console to sell this Christmas). It's kind of funny to see Walgreens/Targets/Wal-marts stocked full of the mini Atari/Sega emulators that no one seems to care about.

Watched any of the tear-downs? (I can't really get into a tear-down video unless it's one made by a bespectacled ginger from the Midwest.)

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3h2fqx/how_much_space_it_would_take_to_store_every/

#116 7 years ago

I can't understand the choice to make the controller cords too short? You could argue that you want the base unit within arms reach because that's the only way you can change the game. As far as I know, there isn't anything on the controller that lets you get back into the games main menu.

#150 7 years ago

Why would I pay $60 when I could just buy one on eBay for $250 dollars? It comes with FREE SHIPPING!

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Is pinball on it....???!!!..........Joey

Nope. With only 30 games included, many other popular games were included instead.

I think there were 30 original "black box" games for the NES. That would make an interesting collection, but I'm glad they chose much more popular games.

http://timewarpgamer.com/features/box_art_nes_black_boxes.html

P_NES (resized).PNGP_NES (resized).PNG

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

I was able to find 4 today at the local toy store.

Hope those are gifts and you're not a scumbag re-seller.

1 week later
#220 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This guy has a few, he probably made 35k off this lot

My, what a huge douchebage scalper!

2 weeks later
#277 7 years ago

In regards to using the Wii to play emulators and classic games... does it have to be a specific release of the Wii console or can I buy any working Wii console off of eBay?

#294 7 years ago

Any interest in the latest release of the Sega Genesis classic? It has around 40 classic Sega games including the Sonic games, Phantasy Star and Mortal Kombat. It doesn't have HDMI out, but it comes with 2 wireless controllers, and you can play original Genesis cartridges and use original wired Genesis controllers.

Genesis DOES was NINTENDON'T!

1 week later
#323 7 years ago

They should release a Pokemon edition of the NES Classic with collectible Amiibo cartridges next!

2481205 (resized).jpg2481205 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1071 7 years ago

I love me some tear-down videos, and I've watched a few on the Switch that I thought I'd share.

I just wish they'd show them putting the torn down items back together, because I think that part is entertaining too. I have a lot of respect for the skills of the slaves that put together all of our high-tech electronic gizmos.

1 month later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guyincognito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=guyincognito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.