IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MRG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1425 6 years ago

I have real old retro Coleco stuff for sale
chicago.craigslist.org link

8 months later
#1737 5 years ago

How do you back up your save file so you can replace the battery and then load the save file back on? Do you just use an auxiliary battery until you swap out the near dead one Alla George with his Frogger machine on Seinfeld?

6 months later
#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone played with one of these?[quoted image]

Lots of you tube videos on this. Not very many good reviews

6 months later
#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

It's that time of year again, where I become obsessed with retro gaming. Got the parts all ready to build a 4th Gameboy Zero, this time with the CM3 Pi board. Also just ordered a BittBoy v3. Was cheap enough to see how well it plays. And if it's terrible, I'm not out a whole lot.
Also just got an GBA SP. Used to have one, then sold it. Now I'm wondering if I had the one with the backlit display, because I don't remember the game looking this bad. But I doubt I did, I got it a year or so after it was released. Now I'm obsessed with finding GBA games. Just ordered a bunch, mainly the pinball ones right now. Will have to swing by the used game stores this weekend to see what I can find.

House of the Dead pinball was my game back in the day. I still gets played today.

7 months later
#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've been debating this for quite a while... I'd appreciate some opinions.
I grew up in the 90s, and SNES was my jam. Genesis was also great, and I got the console as a gift from my grandparents as a xmas present - probably the best present of my life.
I have a Trinitron CRT I got for free not that long ago. I have a pretty modest collection of SNES, Genesis, Intellivision, Gamecube.
For Xmas thjis=I got a Genesis Everdrive X7. I also got a Genesis Mini. I have young kids, so the ability to play in front of a big screen with them is appealing. I already have an SNES mini, and it really doesn't get a whole lot of play. Much of that reason is because I don't want to have to read RPGs to them all day long, and they don't really have the dexterity for something like Super Mario World (but maybe I try that again).
Anyway, I like the system, but I'm wondering if I'd get as much (or more) utility out of a Analogue. I was considering just getting one for both the SNES and Genesis, selling off my collection to some friends, and rolling with the everdrives. The problem is that would also mean getting rid of a CRT (probably not hard, but a bit of a potential pain) and the best option for playing the other types of systems (gamecube and intellivision).
The other bit of a problem is I don't have a fantastic place for the CRT. I had it in a closet under my stairs in the basement and played on the floor kid style... but getting someone else to share the experience would be tough. I have a theater room where I could probably put it, but it's a small room, and it would have to be tucked in a corner...and I prefer it to look pretty clean.
So my options...
1. Keep CRT/classic consoles, mini consoles
2. Keep CRT/classic consoles, mini consoles, get analogues
3. Sell CRT/classic consoles and games, return or sell mini consoles, convert to analogues
4. Sell just games, keep everything else
5. Keep all classics, sell everything else.
Thanks for indulging me. I'm probably forgetting some other options.. so feel free to toss out other ideas I hadn't considered.

Sell everything and get a raspberry pie and emulate. It looks great through HDMI. It should be under $100 all in.

3 weeks later
2 years later
#2733 1 year ago

Check this video out. Sega lord X has a great channel.

7 months later
#2897 9 months ago

I understand using original hardware but, I would spend your money on an emulation device that can hook up to your TV. There are lots out there. I like this one.
https://www.goretroid.com/collections/retro-game-system/products/retroid-pocket-3-handheld-retro-gaming-system-1

I have and use this
https://www.samsung.com/us/tablets/galaxy-tab-s/galaxy-tab-s7-11-inch-mystic-black-128gb-wi-fi-sm-t870nzkaxar/

IMG_20220511_123610 (resized).jpgIMG_20220511_123610 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#3003 5 months ago

Those handhelds are awesome and affordable. I have a retroid that plays up to PSP games

5 months later
#3055 15 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I just ordered the Unico 26” lcd 4:3 monitor for my mame cabinet. I’m going from a 19” to 26”. When I built this cabinet I would have needed to use a 16:9 lcd to get a larger screen and once you add in the black bars it would have been virtually the same size as a 19”, so I’m happy there’s a larger 4:3 screen being made now.
[quoted image]

I love the wood grain paneling used for the bezel.

#3057 15 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Thanks, I built that cabinet like 15 or 20 years ago. I think it’s time for an upgrade. The pc is running windows XP, so it’s had a good run. I might just get a cheap NUC computer. Anything will be better than the core2duo that’s in there now

I have a similar setup computer wise, XP. You don't need that much power to run MAME. If you want a front end that plays video previews then an upgrade may be needed. I am now using a raspberry PI 3b+ with emulation station. It plays preview videos fine. It cost about $50 new. I also run this mini pc https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06516815
on my 65inch in the living room to play all consol games up to the switch. It has an AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3400GE Processor. This was only $150

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MRG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=MRG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.