IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 7 years ago

Should've seen this coming when people were paying out the balls for the 4-p gamecube adapter for the WiiU...

God, I feel like an idiot for missing yet another chance to make an easy 2k. SMH. I don't have any shame about taking money from people that pay the "OMG-I-CANT-WAIT" Tax......and use it to pay my property taxes.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They look like shit and lag like shit if you do that, though.
RGB with a Framemeister looks awesome, though!
http://www.retrorgb.com

It should come with a free hooker for what it costs, though..

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's worth it. Games look absolutely pixel perfect and gorgeous.
Compared to pinball money it's nothing.

Says the guy that *has* pinball money, lol.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I sold all the classic cartridges I've had since the 90's...cartridge collectors are paying CRAZY money for them...I sold multiple SNES carts for $400 a pop. Replacing my cart collection with Everdrives and RGB/upscaling stuff was basically free

I'm tempted, but I'd like to have things in hand to cover before I sell out.

I found a copy of Final Fight Guy sitting around in my box of SNES carts the other day, heh.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Damn, that's a $200-300 cart right there!!!
The only carts I kept were Starfox and Yoshi's Island, as they don't work on SD2SNES. I might pick up the Japanese game Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius as well, since that doesn't work yet.

Yeah, imagine my shock, heh. I knew I had one, but I didn't realize it had blown up in price like that. I remember buying it back in the day, and looking a few years ago and remembering that it wasn't all that expensive...like maybe 40 bucks or so. Guess the pendulum has swung the other way and people are valuing authenic over emulation again.

My "Holy grails" as far as owning physical carts would be E.V.O. and Terranigma.

#184 7 years ago

"Final Fight" and "Final Fight Guy" are not the same thing. One, they made a billion copies of. The other was only sold to Blockbuster for rental and most were probably trashed when they got done with them.

One has Cody as a playable character...the other has Orange Cod......er.....Guy.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why do the boxes look so weird? they custom?

Yes...you can buy those on ebay.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

If you think this is bad, just wait for the Switch launch in March....

No doubt, I'll be in the tent in front of best buy, just like I did with the wife and the kid. Was fun, but I wasn't there nearly as long as I was for the Xbox 360 (18 hours)...the tent was just a windbreak because it was frigging freezing and windy!

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

the SFC version has a few different levels.

Dangit...shut up. I don't need more things to spend money on and I have the Saturn one also...

1 week later
1 month later
#478 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

What are some games you would suggest to people to play on SNES that aren't necessarily regarded as top tier games or just a lesser known titles that are fun?

Robotrek
Secret of Evermore

Two of the more obscure Squeenix RPGs... Robotrek you could almost say is a kid's game, but I like it. Secret of Evermore has a bonkers Alchemy system.

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I always liked Actraiser on the SNES. Great combo of side scroller and villiage builder. It was really ahead of its time in many ways (and was an early release on the system to boot).

And Actraiser 2 is terrible.

Music is outstanding on that game also.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I don't know of a lot of YI fans

Uh...have you seen my tattoos? LOL

#504 7 years ago

It's official...the NES Classic has been hacked without having to open it or physically modify it in any way...to add more games.

Good luck finding one now.. demand will re-surge to even more ridiculous levels, or Nintendo will patch/discontinue it.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Are you limited to only adding 30 or so more titles? If so that is pretty limited compared to all the other alternatives like Raspberry pi or Everdrive. Now if they find a way to hack the NES Classic and add additional storage for more then 60 games then I would be interested.

Unsure what the limit is. Early reports I saw last night were saying you can go over 30, they added 30 more for a total of 60, but unsure just how many can be added in total, if there's any compatbility issues with specific games. Seems everything they tested worked fine. It's a bit kludgy having to use some linux commands, alter files, and replace them via USB, and could potentially brick the system if done wrong.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was also trying to beat 1943. It was a favorite from when I was younger but I never seriously tried to beat it. It seems the key is leveling up your plane in the right order. Awesome music btw.

Oh christ don't even get me started on that.

I played a game of Rampart followed by 1943 two nights ago...my hands are STILL sore. I think I'm officially old.

#536 7 years ago

I hear ya, I just put all my nes and snes games in a spreadsheet and put the current prices off of price charting and I have like 4k worth of games for each system... definitely tempting pinball money.

Errr.....lol?

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder how many hours I spent on Dragon's Lair. Just farming to level up took hour after hour. Cool game but too dependent on farming to ever be replayed today.

Thy experience increases by 1. Thy gold increases by 2.

PROTIP: Farm giants.

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Try the Ninja Gaiden series. That is a very fast paced series where if you stop moving forward you die due to the responning. Your only hope is to push forward relentlessly and time your jumps with rout memory.

Man...

F--K THOSE EAGLES!

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does PS4 not support 3D? I know that was the case when it launched, but I thought they updated the firmware so it does.

Blu-Ray 3d, yes.

PS4 games don't support 3d at all which is absurd, since some PS3 games did........like Pinball Arcade. Asswipes.

I played so much Gun Smoke as a kid that I beat it on one life.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All they do with 4K is cut master LCD glass differently. What would be (4) 30" 1080p panels are left as a single 60" 4K panel. Just a different way of slicing a pie.

Damn, and I bet there's so many people putting up 4 TVs in a rectangle too.

*scratch head*

Quoted from timtim:

NEO GEO Pocket Color

I have one of these.. I never had anything but Metal Slug for it. I don't understand the fascination. It's a turd compared to a GBA.

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They were about $300, but now that they announced that they're discontinuing the current model, people are flipping them for stupid money. Hopefully there will be a new model announced.
There's also an open source kit thingie that has good reviews.
http://retrorgb.com/upscalers.html

aw f......kkkkkkk really?!?

#729 7 years ago

I never even finished Galaxy 2.....or Zelda Twilight Princess...or Skyward Sword... or New Super Mario Bros 2.....there seems to be an issue in how they're designing games for the last 10+ years. It's not the consoles, it's the software IMO. They've gotten old and stale, with very little reason to care about what's going on in the plot of the games, and nothing to really blow up and advance any of these genres. Just big piles of 'meh'...and it's going to take a LOT of convincing to sucker me into another Zelda game after all of these. It's pretty bad when I could make it through Spirit Tracks, but the mainliners all bored me to death to the point of incompletion.

And FFS....WHERE THE HELL IS METROID, PEOPLE?

#740 7 years ago

That's a big part of why NSMB2 seems so dumb to me. It's like "Hey, we're going to take this thing that's a core component of the game in that you need to be collecting them to make sure you have enough lives to get through the stages.....AND PUT THEM MOTHER...EVERYWHERE, LET'S MAKE IT RAIN, YA'LL! EXTRA LIFE FOR YOU....EXTRA LIFE FOR YOU....EXTRA LIFE FOR YOU!"

And then what the crap is the point? Obviously I'm not 2 years old, so I'm never going to run out of lives....

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Online inventory trackers

Where are these? Every time I've looked at Target's site it refuses to say anything other than CHECK YOUR LOCAL STORES, PAL!

#754 7 years ago

Cool, thanks.

1 week later
#853 7 years ago

I know someone's just itching to buy my copies of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon...lol. I have two. Help me pay for going to TPF. (Yes, it's still expensive as f.... for me to take basically a week off work, rent a truck, take my games, and we stay in the hotel so we don't have to drive 50 miles every day...)

#861 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

CDi......(shudder)
we had one of these. Is it a DVD player? Is it a game system? or a half assed attempt at both. <------------this is the correct answer.

It's actually a really good way to play Dragon's Lair 1/2 and Space Ace... when I bought my cd-i off ebay it came with a ton of white label "FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY" discs....that are actually full games. Ooops! You literally could've played the whole game in the store and never had any reason to buy it, ha!

#867 7 years ago

The original gameboy Sesame Street game sold for ridiculous amounts for a very long time, because of that exactly. My older kid loved it..was maybe the first game he actually played.

1 week later
#894 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For me, Majora's Mask cuz it's just confusing and I don't understand the concept at all. I have the 3DS version and I want to like it - but it's making it very hard.

100% agree. Game is incoherent, like Final Fantasy 7. On acid.

*Edit* Oddly, I did finish Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Completely forgot about those two. Apparently, I'm just bored by 'primary' Zelda games. Wonder if it's substantially different design teams?

#932 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

agreed. now, give me my multiplayer metroid prime pinball on the switch!!

Where the HELL do I sign this petition?

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinball could be really cool with the Switch's "HD rumble" ...there could be a subtle rumble that goes from one Joycon to the other depending on where the ball is on the table...plus "realistic" left and right rumbles for flippers, slings, pops, etc.

I have to admit this is the only part of the Switch that actually caught my eye. I think rumble has been a piece of kitsch for years. Very ineffective at doing what it was supposed to IMO. They seem to be solving two issues at the same time...first of all making it more "granular" I guess, and being able to have it do something that's obviously NOT "OH HEY THERE'S A HUGE OFFCENTER WEIGHT IN THERE" ...I hope.... and then also, having feedback in BOTH hands, not just on one side of the controller. Playing modern games without rumble just makes the whole thing feel sterile to me, but on the flipside, it's not like it's doing anything impressive currently either! Advancements here that seem like something actually new would be very welcome.

#940 7 years ago

Speaking of controller features that are meh... whats the deal with the "touchpad" in the middle of the ps4 controller actually do, I have yet to play a game that it was integral part at all. I think killzone did a few things with it at launch but other than that I dont think ive used it really at all...

I have used it the most for faster entry in anything that requires text input, frankly. Neither it nor the touchpad on the back get used for much of anything (might be thinking of the vita too). All these stupid features that get built in but they can't get any developers to find an actual use for...and this is why controllers now cost more than half the games! Stupid!

#948 7 years ago

Uh, there's a new Rez game? S--t.

3 weeks later
#1036 7 years ago

I uh....oops...totally forgot about the launch and didn't go sit at Best Buy. Oh well.

#1048 7 years ago

floating camera sucks in the campaign

You would have think that they would've realized that thing sucked, since it also sucked in Bomberman games on the N64... ugh... what idiot thinks a 3/4th view in a game that traditionally operates at 90 degree angles was a GREAT IDEA...

#1055 7 years ago

A *real* Metroid, not that Prime stuff or Team Ninja HOO-WAH. Pretty sure everyone wants to know what the HELL happened after Fusion. Get on it, bitches.

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Idk, Frax. Honestly, Metroid Prime was an unbelievable experience.

If you're talking about the first game, I mostly agree. But the problem is, it was SO long, and there was SO much backtracking, that by the time the second one and then my god the third...there's no amount of storyline that can make me want to spend 30+ minutes backtracking from one area to another with zero indications of WTF I'm supposed to be doing, killing the same pain in the ass respawning mobs.... I have better things to do with my time.

1 month later
#1129 7 years ago

PS4 still gets regular updates that are required to play or do anything online at all, yes.

Still can't find a Switch in Dallas, which might be partially limited by the fact that I'm only willing to purchase from Best Buy on interest-free financing.

Can't belive they are charging 40 bucks a pop for those stupid little Joy-Cons. What...the...hell. It's got half the buttons and half the analog sticks as any other controller, but you're charging the same price for it. Die in a fire, Ninten-HELL-NO.

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

When is the last time you downloaded new levels for a SNES game?

When is the last time a SNES game felt so incomplete that it needed additional levels?

3 weeks later
#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If I'm buying digital, I'm buying on Steam. I'm tired of buying digital on consoles and losing access with each generation.

Yep..the only non-Steam digital 'purchases' I have is PS+ stuff. When I had Homebrew Channel working on my Wii, perfectly fine no trouble at all, there was a stealth update sent out by Ninty which bricked my console. I had purchased a good chunk of Virtual Console titles, and that was the last time I bought anything online for a console with MY money. =| Still have the brick sitting around somewhere, never bothered trying to get it repaired.

#1209 6 years ago

Heh, funny...I've never seen an actual Roland MT-32 before.

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

they just do everything for you.

Typical Nintendo. They still have no idea what anyone wants in an online service, and it's why no developers give a crap about supporting their systems other than trashware developers and porting things from other consoles.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Your "love never dies" for the BIG N

I'm not really content to see the company that produced my love of video games just sit back and commit suicide, which is what it what it seems like they've been trying to do with the 3DS, WiiU, and now the Switch. It's depressing. Their lack of reasonable online support sucks. Friend codes suck. No real Metroid games REALLY REALLY SUCKS. If they want to alienate 3rd parties with their decisions...fine..whatever..I have a PS4. But they *have* to fix these other things to get back on top, and they're not even remotely close. Pokemon is not going to solely fuel their profit margin, nor will limited release EXTREMELY high demand items that they then suddenly discontinue before 75% of the people that want them can buy them (Limited release Amiibos and NES Classic).

As for anyone else that wants to argue where my gaming loyaties lie...let me know when you've got ~2k worth of Nintendo pixels tattooed on you.

#1229 6 years ago

Hey, if they would just admit to everyone "BTW, we're done catering to our once-core audience, you guys can move on now" I'd stop hoping that they'll come around, at least. As it is, the only reason I'm going to buy a Switch to date is....Zelda and maaaaaybe Bomberman? :\ I don't even know why I'm going to waste the money on Zelda. I couldn't be arsed to finish Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess....both of them were just that awful to me. There was nothing to draw me in, and I gave up after probably less than 20 hours... just like I felt like Majora's Mask was a soulless shart after Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure I have enough faith left in Nintendo to gamble 500 bucks on them being able to produce a AAA game anymore. Clearly my opinion diverges wildly from what people find "good" anymore.

Does anyone seriously give two fecks about tablets as gaming devices? I never use the WiiU, or any of the other 4 tablets sitting around my house for uh.....anything....because my phone does it all, fits in my hands better, and isn't a footlong piece of plate glass waiting to shatter all over anything it gets dropped on. When I want a home console, I want that thing to be pushing boundaries graphically, not being intentionally crippled just so it can be mobile. IMO the only screen that's been worth a damn on a mobile handheld gaming platform...EVER....was the orignal PSP Vitas that had OLED screens. My current phone and my prior phone both used OLED screens, and I will NEVER go back given any kind of choice.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

There just hasn't been enough good games on consoles this gen.

Agreed. My PS4 has seen very little gaming use. It was for Netflix and Blu-Rays and some PS+ games for a long time. I got about 90% of the way through GTA5, which I liked, and put in 40 hours into Final Fantasy XV until some douche on one of the cell phone FF reddit forums decided it was a great idea to post basically the whole end of the game, so now I have absolutely no motivation to finish it at all. Waited a long-ass time for that, only to ignore what I already knew....stay the f--k off the internet when you want to see a new movie or play a new game. I have no recourse, he won I guess.

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Why do we need a third console putting out endless first party shooters? The other two handle that side of things pretty well.

Do you even read, bro? I have plenty of FPS on my PC, thanks. Console FPS? LMAO...noobs, PUH-LEASE.. no. Just no. I'm talking about them supporting their core franchises like Metroid, which has been turned into a joke IMO, ever since Metroid Prime 2. Prime 2, Prime 3, Hunters, Other M, Federation Force BLEHHHHHHH. No thanks. One FPS Metroid was more than enough, and they just keep wearing it out like a cheap hooker. Fusion had interesting mechanics and a storyline that left everyone hanging.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

hating Twilight Princess

TBH I don't *hate* Twilight Princess...I just wasn't motivated enough to finish it. I can't even remember how far I did get. I want to say several dungeons in. I liked the premise of it a lot, it just didn't grab me for whatever reason. Majora's Asshat? I do actually hate that game. The whole premise is asinine to me, even more than Link being the 237th Doctor was. But at least that game HAS a story. Maybe they could have salvaged it by having Malon get stabbed by an 8 foot long katana. It worked for FF7, right? Because the whole Metor (YES I KNOW IT'S A MOON >_< thing sucked there too. I haven't been keeping up with the handheld Zeldas at all. I think Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were the last ones I played, definitely the last one I finished. Story wasn't great but having one core dungeon that you get to see more and more of was a neat mechanic...though I understand why it drove some people batty.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

not finishing FFXV

What's the point? The combat mechanics aren't all that. Achievement points are for schmucks. FF is all about the story and if you already know the end, then....? One of two things will happen if I finish the game:

1. The end will be exactly as I've been told it is, and I'll be pissed that I wasted the time to finish it.
2. The end will not be as I was told, meaning the guy wasn't just a *dick*, but a creative dick because the level of specificity for a troll is impressive, and I'll be pissed that I believed the guy.

So either way I end up more irritated about it than just dropping it. I'm getting my fill of Noctis in Brave Exvius and Record Keeper.

Quoted from northvibe:

You haven't even tried the new zelda yet? HOw can you bash soooo hard and have so much hate for something that you 1. haven't tried and 2. has been getting more praise then my puppy dog.

I didn't bash BotW anywhere? I just expressed my doubts about it. I know it's been getting good reviews...that I've been avoiding on purpose. I about stopped reading this thread because I didn't want to know anything spoilery about it. Thankfully, this thread has been far more reasonable than the DOUCHEBAGS on the FF Exvius reddit. As I said, I'll more likely than not be buying it in spite of those doubts because the word of mouth has been pretty crazy, and I HAVEN'T seen a single person say anything bad about it. I didn't even know about the launch issues with Bomberman until a few weeks ago when that patch went live, so that was never a factor for me. I'm interested in good multiplayer stuff, and Bomberman is ....usually?...good for that? We're going to pretend some of those N64 games never happened.

#1236 6 years ago

More back to the point of the thread...

If anyone's interested in my opinion of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I'll be able to tell you tomorrow. It showed up today and going to be having a throwdown tonight!

#1244 6 years ago

Tore up Wind Waker. The boat thing didn't really bother me at all. *edit* Link's Awakening? The game boy one? lol...cleared it years and years ago. Pretty sure I played and finished Minish Cap too.

Yeah...so....I threw a controller at the wall last night. I very much doubt I'll be playing PPT online again, because clearly, as a mid-30's white guy, I don't have the skills to even compete with the LOSERS. The only time I even get close to winning is in the mixed puyo/tetris mode, or playing Tetris style in the quick clear preset puzzle mode. So f'ing ridiculous. Multiplayer local with 3 people was cool, but I don't see it replacing Tetris Attack as our primary staple, at all. Wife fell asleep early so I didn't get to play that nearly as much as I wanted, but I'll probably give single player a good shot tonight. Online? F--k off with that noise.

#1255 6 years ago

Less than a buck a game isn't "paying too much" lol

1 month later
#1306 6 years ago

I've decided that if I have trouble getting the SNES mini, then I won't be making any further purchases that directly benefit Nintendo. Only used consoles and games moving forward for me. They've been f'ing people over for years now with Amiibos, the NES Classic, the Switch, and soon the SNES? Go. To. Hell. Do not pass my wallet, as that mofo is LOCKED UP and you guys aren't getting in it again.

*edit* Oh, and Ninty can also eat a big fat dick for announcing two Metroid games and neither one is an actual new game. Instead we get "2nd Worst Metroid Sequel 4" and "2nd Best Metroid Remake"? REALLY?

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I understand being frustrated, but why wouldn't nintendo make these items that make them profit?

I don't know...go try and get an answer out of them. Demand was clearly there for 4x the amount of NES Classics actually produced and they left it on the table. Demand is clearly there for the Switch and they're saying that they HAD NO IDEA (right..) that demand was going to be high, and that shortages are going to continue through the end of the year, costing them sales as people get tired of waiting and go back to their PS4/XB1.

Quoted from Rarehero:

My perhaps naive prediction: They will make millions instead of a few hundred thousand, and they'll keep selling them next year. They have to realize this is "free money", an impulse buy, great brand advertising, and not competition for the Switch.

You're living in a fantasy world if you actually believe that.. they haven't shown ANY willingness to fix their incompetence over the last 5 years or so...you think *THIS* is the turning point? I highly doubt that.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/06/29/the-snes-classic-is-last-retro-nintendo/
This writer doesn't think an N64 classic would work. Not enough games and the controller is wonky. I would definitely want one though.

Controller could be an issue depending on if they could accurately replicate the analog stick or have to just fudge it......doubt the conroller design outside of that is the problem if they were able to replicate molds for the NES/SNES.

Not enough games? I'm pretty sure they could cobble together 15-20 worthy games...question is would licensing get in the way of things like Goldeneye, which everyone but me would want. For me, they could fill it with Mario 64, Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party 1/2/3, Paper Mario, Yoshi's Island, OOT, MM....that's half of what they would put on there anyways.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

that joystick doesn't seem too far off a psp's.

Maybe not in technical terms it's not, but the feel of it is MASSIVELY different to me from every playstation controller design, Xbox, and yeah, even the Dreamcast and Saturn. It makes a big difference, and in things like Smash Bros...IMO the Gamecube (which was closer to the other analog controls) just didn't feel as good as the N64 controller.

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

80 some hours of battery life

WTF...

Man my PS4 controllers don't even last 4 hours.

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Nintendo has always been able to weave magic into their batteries.

Key words.. "their batteries" lol.... I remember how many AA's I went through with my wiimotes... it wasn't pretty, but it was still better than the PS4 controllers.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

uhhhh what are you doing with them You should get more then 4 hours....

*snrk*

Two of them are a few years old. I have a newer one that I bought off craigstlist that was still in packaging but there's still no way it's 12+ hours.

3 weeks later
#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did anyone manage to get in on the SNES Classic online preorder from Walmart that was up briefly last night?

.... >=|

#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

RUT ROH RAGGY
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/26/walmart-cancels-snes-classic-edition-preorders
since I didn't see this until it was too late...I'm fine with it

ox7iudynbxvcftzhwgkc (resized).pngox7iudynbxvcftzhwgkc (resized).png

3 weeks later
#1430 6 years ago

Quiddity managed to snag a SNES Classic Pre-order from Best Buy at like 2am last night...

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Saw someone say that both Bestbuy and Amazon had preorders last night. Now, what's the point of signing up for the "Email for Notification" if they don't notify you?

Don't ask me... I had notifications set for both, and got notifications for neither one. She just HAPPENED to see someone in our local FB group had posted about it and was persistent as hell about getting through their overloaded site. I think she had to get it in the cart something like 15+ times to get it to go through.

Not much different than trying to get a Bag of Crap from Woot...

#1439 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Anybody here hoping that Nintendo is making about 7 million of these so there are no shortages?

I hoping they're not so I can fob mine off in a few months and buy a SD2SNES and make it perfectly clear to Nintendo what I think of their BS stock shenanigans. They drove me off their Virtual Console years ago when they remote-bricked my Wii with a stealth update that I didn't approve, and then refused to repair the console, or transfer the purchases to another one, leaving me out about a hundred bucks of games I'd purchased. Then comes the Switch, which I haven't seen on a shelf despite being what...6 months since it launched? And the Metroid they choose to make is...Metroid Prime 4? Another FPS Metroid? Yay?

Nah, I'd rather stick it to them. If we get the thing and the preorder wasn't a fluke. I'll sit on it a few weeks and see if it gets opened up like the NES classic...I'd keep it at that point. Otherwise, I'll be playing and and all games I want to on my SNES....starting with Terranigma.

#1443 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My biggest issue with these retro consoles is that I've already owned the originals and many re-releases on virtual consoles. I don't need to buy Donkey Kong or Mario for the Nth time. I sat out the NES and was glad to not try to hunt one down. Same goes for SNES unless they make a boatload and I can put it on my display shelf. The Nintendo nostalgia has been wearing off each subsequent release of their catalog.

My primary interest in the NESC and SNESC was not having to find a learn how to use a Framemeister. Also, portability and compatibility with modern TVs.

#1447 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

i just pre-ordered a SNES, 1 of only 6 allotted, at my local Gamestop. looks like i just happened to be in the right place at the right time for once in my life

Must be...since their site is currently DOWN...

But I'm totally sure Nintendo will be producing enough of these to go around lol.

#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I heard the Best Buy pre-order, specifically, was a shitshow, so congrats on that.

I didn't do shit. Was all my wife. :p

1 week later
#1463 6 years ago

Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire.

What in the hell?!

Was really interested in buying one. Now.....absolutely not. Thanks for catching that.

1 week later
#1475 6 years ago

Real question is if the sideloading of additional games is going to be fixed or not. =\

#1483 6 years ago

Don't you think that if I had *any* interest in running a RetroPi or whatever I would've already *done that*? These suggestions to do this instead of loading more roms are pointless and unproductive, because clearly if we had an interest...that could've been done years ago.

1 week later
#1496 6 years ago

Samus Returns on 3ds is awesome
I have the game on gameboy but this remake is so good. The graphics rock and the bottom screen being the map is really nice. Highly recommend if you like metroidvania games and missed out on this one back in the day.

I just started Dark Souls 4...err...Breath of the Wild last week, MvC Infinite just came out, Metroid just came out, and the SNES Classic comes out in a week. Oh, and money is tight. Very tight.

FML?

#1498 6 years ago

I dunno, I haven't bought it yet because...money. I did see that they've added an 'easy combo' system and some other 'noob useability' type things. I have very mixed feelings about this. I used to have a big blue with MvC2 as well.

I liked the demo just fine, but that's not saying a lot. I will say that I'm not real pleased with the roster in Infinite. I liked having access to 'gimpy' characters that were just fun to play with like Roll.

#1539 6 years ago

Best Buy put a huge-ass in-store pickup non removeable sticker over the face of the box that my wife picked up today. Seriously thinking about trying to find another one then returning the preorder one and letting them deal with the fact that they will rip off 50% of the front face art of the package if they try to remove it.

#1541 6 years ago

Yeah best buy does that. If i preorder thru them i have it shipped. they fuck up amiibo boxes all the time

Joke will be on them when I find a second one and return them the box. Heh.

#1556 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

no stutter/slowdown or lag

Don't get your hopes up. Contra 3 definitely has some slowdown on the top-down rotation areas.

Controllers feel great, but honestly the lack of slop in the controls takes some getting used to. Controls on some games feels WAY tighter than it used to. Starfox 2 is very odd. I haven't played the prior roms that were out there, so I can't say what's different or new on that. Mario Kart hasn't aged well, lol.

1 week later
#1566 6 years ago

Tools were released yesterday to hack in more games. About 75% of games work through the tool on the stock emulator. Most others work through RetroArch. Seems there's about space for 120 or so games to be added, thanks to compression. Ninty didn't add additional storage space over the NES Classic, unfortunately for us all, and the provided games are in a non-writeable partition that can't be dicked with, so you can't compress those to save any space either.

Lots of info on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/

#1568 6 years ago

hmm, have you had success on yours or have you tried it yet? So you have to add another emulator to the snes mini to make some games work?

This is no different than what was done with the NES mini. It's the same tool, just updated for the SNES Mini. You don't HAVE to install Retroarch, but IMO you'd be dumb not to. For one, the base copy of it gives you access to SNES9x and NES emulators, so you can load SNES roms. Second, you can specify in Hakchi2 with a command line modifier if games should be forced into using Retroarch, because they have issues with the built in emulator (Canoe). Third, you can add optional packages to play TurboGrafix, Sega Master System, Game Boy/GBC/GBA, Capcom CPS2 games, older arcade games, etc etc.....but the more emulators you add at a time, the less space you have for games. It's really easy to just hook back up to the computer and remove games when you're done, and to swap out the installed emulators to preserve space. The updated kernel also offers some convenience things, like being able to hold down and select to get back to the games menu without having to go physically press the reset button on the mini.

You don't need to open the shell, no physical modification required.

Yes, I've added (and still have space for plenty more!):

Tetris Attack
Terranigma
Lagoon
Super Bomberman 2
Donkey Kong Country 2/3
Star Ocean
Puzzle Bobble
King of Monsters 1/2
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Final Fantasy '2'
Final Fantasy 5 (romhack patched to english)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Killer Instinct
Actraiser
Chrono Trigger
E.V.O.
Gradius 3
Mega Man X2 / X3
Raiden Trad (untested so far)
Super High Impact
Secret of Evermore
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Godzilla (my version will not load in either emulator..pretty sure. I need to take a look and see if I have it forced into RA or not)

#1570 6 years ago

I don't have a NES Mini either, and I didn't read up on the process at the time.

Terranigma definitely needs to be on RetroArch AFAIK, and even then may still have issues. The euro cart runs at 50hz, there's a patch out there to put it at 60. I'm finding that I have to be super careful with my specific romsets, because my stuff is SO OLD, that much of it is in Super Pasofami's ROM format, which apparently Hakchi2 or SNES9x doesn't like. Other issues I've run into was like installing the Euro (Marked with an (E) in my sets.....apparently I thought that was ENGLISH...LOL) roms instead of US ones. Japanese games run at 60hz so those are fine...but any Euro only-yet-still-in-english games like Terranigma and Star Ocean need to be patched....it just happens that I have a massive set and mine already were. =P

SoM 3, you mean? "Secret of Mana" *is* Seiken Densetsu 2.

1 month later
#1614 6 years ago

Yeah my TG-CD has been busted for years because I have no clue how to fix it and I'm too scared to trust random repair off ebay.

#1618 6 years ago

I will never, ever, understand the point of hoarding something that can't be used. To each their own... my time of collecting physical old games is done, more or less. With the advent of things like the SNES Mini and associated hacks, having a physical interface is enough to make me happy. I don't need the carts, and certainly not the wasted space, for things that will just simply never get used. The only reason I was ever holding onto them was to get a Framemeister, but thanks to Ninty, 75% of my reason for that is moot. The SNES Classic does a very passable job of upscaling IMO.

2 months later
#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

What else you got? I know of Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic Spinball, was there one or two other Sonic pinball games for the gameboys? Those are the ones I can think of right now.

Quoted from timtim:

ALIEN CRUSH AND DEVILS CRUSH
Some of the best digital pinballs

Pinball Quest on the NES. Very much in the vein of Sonic Spinball where you have specific objectives to advance upwards and can lose massive progress with one really bad STDM.

2 months later
#1717 6 years ago

https://www.behance.net/gallery/63535513/300-Super-Nintendo-Logos-Fully-Remastered

300 SNES logos vectorized, putting my Voltron pace of work to complete and total shame.

2 months later
#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I ordered a natural version from the 2nd batch and I will be using the Raphnet-Tech adapters to use this SNES arcade stick on various other consoles like the NES, N64, Game Cube, and Sega Genesis.
https://www.shikaarcades.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_Ib2awXTQ-OeyeZ0VBcYA

You're paying 500 bucks....for a SNES controller. I mean..okay great you have a plan to use it on other things too, that's good. But god...I wonder who the psycho is that's paying that to JUST use it for SNES!

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I imagine the same kind of insane ppl that purchased any of the Analogue Interactive products such as the Nt, Nt mini, Super Nt, or their wooden Neo Geo consoles/ fight sticks.

To quote Blazing Saddles: "You know.....morons."

I really get wanting something that looks nice, and is functional...I just don't get the paying out the arse for it part. LOL. Especially something using arcade switches for a system which inherently is never going to feel "crisp" in the way that arcade games do. You can build a joystick out of the most expensive, responsive parts money can buy, but it will never NOT be hooked up to a console which isn't going to be snappy in that way that really benefits those kinds of setups. My opinion, others are welcome to their own.

I don't have much room to talk. I bought the 350 buck Cobalt Flux hard dance pad for my PS2 when I was into that.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Same people that buy anything pinball related ? Like me ? To be honest I am more inclined to buy something so meticulously made as that controller than the cracking wooden boxes with three dollar speakers that Stern pumps out for 9k+

Last Stern I bought was Met Pro...1st run. So.....

4 months later
#1904 5 years ago

did people play jumping flash or mr driller?

Are you serious?

Jumping Flash was brilliant! ROBO BUNNY DEATH And Mr. Driller is addictive as hell, but I'm with RH...I had it on the saturn, and still have it on the DS....

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Don't you mean Dreamcast? I don't think Mr. Driller came out on the Saturn.

Yes. I haven't had a day off work in over a month. My brain is swiss cheese.

2 years later
#2606 2 years ago

Gauging some interest in a possible sell of a rather sizeable collection..

Systems would include:

Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari Jaguar (and hard case)
TurboGrafix 16 (with CD drive attachment and hard case)
Phillips CD-i
Odyssey^2
NES top-loader with A/V modded outputs
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast x2
Game Gear
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy DS
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Playstation One (the mini one)
PS 2 Slim
Xbox 360 (With HD-DVD drive and movies for it!)
Virtual Boy

Games for all systems, including some systems I don't actually own:

Sega CD (big item here is Lunar: The Silver Star in really good condition and complete)
Intellivision games (mostly crap, really, but it's in there)
Game Boy (Okay, I do own a GB, but it's SUPER trashy and not worth selling as a system, okay? )

There's some real gems in terms of high value games that I have... Alundra (ps1), Lunar (sega CD), Zelda: Wand of Gamelon (CD-i), Wanderers From Ys 1/2, and 3 (TG-16 CD), Demon's Crest (SNES), etc.

I'm working on cataloguing everything, and then will be making sure I can locate all cables and then go through and test everything. I do know 100% for sure that the TG-CD drive needs fixing, I've just never been able to find someplace I would trust to send it off to. It powers on fine, just won't read discs, very standard issue on these and fixable.

I really don't want to have to piecemeal this stuff out. I need to buy a new A/C unit for my condo that I'm going to be renting out. Ideally, none of this would be shipped either, as it's very substantial, and shipping (and insurance!) would cost an arm and a leg. I'm nowhere near done, and at *best* I'm weeks off of having a full priced out list, much less testing everything. All cartridge based games are going to be loose games, not complete boxed copies, or with manuals.

This is not going to be a cheap collection, but if you want a huge variety of systems and games, AND you can somehow get to Dallas in a reasonable timeframe or have someone else pick it up and hold it all for you... I'm probably not going to be asking the flat Pricecharting prices for everything for someone that buys the full collection or a massive chunk of it. For example, where I'm already at if you're just looking at Pricecharting values is over 5k, and I basically haven't even STARTED on the disc games aside from some of this higher value stuff I have sitting around separately.

So...not for the faint of heart, but for someone that's willing to drop 10k on a pinball machine and wants to get into console collecting with a HUGE jump-start? I'll work with you.

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

If you do split I’ve been looking for a cdi. Before I had my kid and if you were closer I would have been interested in the lot.

Assuming I can find the binder that I packed in the move, I've got Wand of Gamelon and.... a whole BUNCH of "demonstration disc not for resale" white-label full version games that were used in store displays. Dragon's Lair 1/2, Space Ace, and a whole scad of others. It worked well the last time I used it...but it's been a while, hence why I'm going to attempt to get it all tested before selling anything.

Why in god's name they put FULL VERSIONS of games on these things....who knows, but they are.

2 weeks later
#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I just found these with my GameCube, anyone local looking for these?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey uh...so..... just FYI....

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/gamecube/pokemon-box

I'd really like to have it, as that's the only way to really cross transfer older game pokemon to the DS stuff, if I remember right, but yeah...goddamn....

#2616 2 years ago

I'd try to find a buyer on here or a pokemon or GameCube forum frankly. Avoid the fees on something that high dollar.

Bloody insanity....

3 weeks later
#2624 2 years ago

Get the F out...

Just the box alone is like 450 bucks. That thing complete is a real gem. Very nice!

2 months later
#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Who got in on that Analogue Pocket fulfillment group A? I was a couple hours late to the party and still landed in C (2023...)

I was like 5-10 minutes after it opened due to my card being declined (WTF, Barclays....I haven't even had anything on that card in almost a year, you dicks!) and having to use my bank card instead...

Still got group B. Sadge. But hey, my waitlist on a 3080 came up the same day, and I was able to sell it for just enough profit to cover the cost of the Pocket + the Game Gear adapter, so......can't really complain. Plus, I got to undercut all the local scalpers, which is always fun.

1 month later
#2650 2 years ago

My poor TG-16 CD unit has needed to be repaired for like 4 years. Just don't know anyone locally that works on them and it's too valuable to me to just drop in the mail to some strange person with no references.

#2656 2 years ago

Frick. I had no idea you could save crap on Pricecharting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.