DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.
#2801 11 months ago

Check out what I scored!

20230507_180405 (resized).jpg20230507_180405 (resized).jpg
#2802 11 months ago

I used to have almost the whole collection, but sold them years ago. These are the only two that I kept

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2803 11 months ago

Nice, I had a near complete set my mom threw away when I was in college and they moved. Had a subscription when I was kid for almost the entire run. Oh well

#2805 11 months ago

I bought several large lots of Nintendo power mags off of eBay to make my collection. Sometimes I would buy a lot of 50, just for a couple that I didn’t have, or to swap out existing ones with better ones. Then I sold off my duplicates to recoup my cost. In the end I had most of the first 200 in decent condition with posters and bonus stickers etc. intact. Some of the later ones (230-285) are pretty hard to find in lot sales.

#2806 11 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I bought several large lots of Nintendo power mags off of eBay to make my collection. Sometimes I would buy a lot of 50, just for a couple that I didn’t have, or to swap out existing ones with better ones. Then I sold off my duplicates to recoup my cost. In the end I had most of the first 200 in decent condition with posters and bonus stickers etc. intact. Some of the later ones (230-285) are pretty hard to find in lot sales.

I did the same, back around 2014, a few years after the last issue. I had a feeling they'd start climbing in value quickly, so I went for the full set ASAP. Took me several large bulk buys. I still have a list of about 30 of them that I would like to "upgrade" to a better copy, but I do have a full set. There are a few variants I could still go for too, I guess (multiple covers of the same mag)

#2807 11 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Changing gears, anyone want a stack of 360 games?

I have the below Wii U games too, PM me if anyone wants them.

Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros. 4
Lego City Undercover

I also have a sealed Super Smash Bros. Ultimate copy for sale or trade. Sale price of $60 includes shipping. Will also be willing to trade for the following Switch games:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
Super Mario Oddysey
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Party Superstars
Paper Mario: The Origami King

1 week later
#2808 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:Check out what I scored!
[quoted image]

I have a confession. I scored that Nintendo Power #1 at the Pinfest flea market for a dollar. Just sold it for $510 on ebay. The highest graded examples of these have gone for more than cars. If you have one... dig it up. If it looks like it was rolled up and shoved in a pants pocket with the poster cut out they still go for over $100. Check your closets if they don't hold sentimental value for you.

Screenshot_20230517_200419_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230517_200419_eBay (resized).jpg
#2809 11 months ago

Anyone have recommendations for a good MAME multicade cabinet? I want something that is a step up quality wise from Arcade 1up or Atgames, and with joysticks that have great 4 way feel but can handle anything else too. There was a retrocade booth at Pinfest that I thought played great but was kinda pricey. (Light guns were awesome however.) I don’t have a lot of diy availability for this so looking for something ready out of the box.

#2810 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have a confession. I scored that Nintendo Power #1 at the Pinfest flea market for a dollar. Just sold it for $510 on ebay. The highest graded examples of these have gone for more than cars. If you have one... dig it up. If it looks like it was rolled up and shoved in a pants pocket with the poster cut out they still go for over $100. Check your closets if they don't hold sentimental value for you.
[quoted image]

Damn, these were like max $100 pre pandemic
Guess I won't be adding this one back in the collection lol

#2811 11 months ago

I have a confession.

I have a confession too…I sold my complete Nintendo Power collection, starting at Fun Club and going through mid-nineties, for $25 about 20 years ago.

#2812 11 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I have a confession too…I sold my complete Nintendo Power collection, starting at Fun Club and going through mid-nineties, for $25 about 20 years ago.

AND, that's exactly what they were all worth at the time.

#2813 11 months ago

?Definition of this word? What you meant to say was that you have a "brag", not a confession. I've been buying and selling NP's since 1997. Up until about 8 years ago they were ALL less than $5 and the first issue was around $15-20.

Always thought my original 1st issue with no cover would always be worthless... now I'm not so certain. I've got a decent #1 now, with a crease in it, but everything is intact inside and no writing in it.

#2814 11 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

?Definition of this word? What you meant to say was that you have a "brag", not a confession. I've been buying and selling NP's since 1997. Up until about 8 years ago they were ALL less than $5 and the first issue was around $15-20.

You're right... I'm bragging and being tounge and cheek about it as this site notoriously hates flippers. It was a big score for me and I'm sharing the info here as I'm pretty sure that others in this group may have or may have had that magazine in the past. I have a designated "what to look out for at estate sales" thread here for like minded people and posted about it in the Allentown show thread as well because people have complained about the non pinball stuff in the flea market before and I was hoping to give them more interest for next year.

#2815 11 months ago

That's all well and good, it's just not the secret you make it out to be. Vintage gamers know what's valuable. Lots of gamers into pinball these days. People are literally making a living looking for stuff now. The competition to buy and resell is at an all time high. I participated heavily for years but for me, it's just not worth it any more. I'm well aware of your other posts on what to buy and sell and appreciate you telling others about what's what.

But, there's no line in the sand like there once was. Blackbox NES games, nintendo powers, power gloves, ROB, if it was memorable and had the word Nintendo on it, people WANT. People also know vintage sings and displays are very valuable. There are Facebook groups dedicated to all things gaming, just like pinball. This is no secret. Now, vintage diapers and razors? Sure, not many people know THAT stuff is actually quite collectible.

Sure, "game and pinball people" do miss stuff @ sales but trust me, anyone in my circles see that for $1 at a "show" of any type, they are buying it for certain. Just about all good copies of the first 24 issues are at least $10+ now.

#2816 11 months ago

The real tragedy now a days is the 18% ebay fees. Get taxed when you buy an item, and pay taxes when you sell it plus fees and shipping out of control.

#2817 11 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The real tragedy now a days is the 18% ebay fees. Get taxed when you buy an item, and pay taxes when you sell it plus fees and shipping out of control.

Anyone who sells on eBay now is a fool.

#2818 11 months ago

I watched an interview years ago, probably on YouTube or some gaming documentary that was with one of the higher ups at Nintendo of America when Nintendo Power was released. They said that the first issue had the highest print run. Apparently it’s the least rare issue but for some reason it’s one of the most expensive. A lot of them were given away as promotional materials

#2819 11 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

But it's easy! If anyone here would have given me more for that please speak up! I only sell on ebay when I find something I really think is worth my time.

#2820 11 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I got no problems selling on there. It's changed a lot since 97 but it's still fun so I will keep on.

#2821 11 months ago

Thoughts on the analogue duo?

#2822 11 months ago

Simple question: What kind of TV setups do you guys use for your retro gaming. Anything that has RCA inputs, HDMI, and is a CRT?

Convoluted question. I've been having alot of fun with my arcade basement and have a small wall of One Ups. The Ms. Pacman you see is is a 60 in 1 and that Robotron is a converted Mortal Kombat playing Williams classics. I really like multicade. I traded for that Killer instict and am debating either turning it into a knockoff "Playchoice 10" with new art and a multi cart using one of these https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Arcade1Up-Cartridge-Joysticks-Specially/dp/B09LV6YJ5B/ref=sr_1_3
Alternatively I'm thinking about turning that Killer Instict into a Pandora's box, dropping Goldentee, and replacing Goldentee with a Retro gaming station.

Now, I am by no means a purist but would essentially sell the Goldentee, move Blitz into its place, and put a small TV and a moon chair in its place along with a retro console or two. I have some of those remake consoles like the NES Classic, Genesis, SNES Classic, and PSX classic but am debating what kind of TV I should get to complete the retro feel. Ideally I'd want to be able to hook up a NES and throw in a multi cart, but NES would not work with HDMI. Alternatively if I got a vintage CRT, I would not be able to hook up my current small collection of mini consoles as they all run off of HDMI. What kind of set ups do you guys have to do this?

Essentially what it boils down to is making a knockoff Playchoice 10 out of an arcade 1up or having a small retro gaming setup. Any recommendations?
Retro (resized).jpgRetro (resized).jpg

#2823 11 months ago

Simple question: What kind of TV setups do you guys use for your retro gaming. Anything that has RCA inputs, HDMI, and is a CRT?
Convoluted question. I've been having alot of fun with my arcade basement and have a small wall of One Ups. The Ms. Pacman you see is is a 60 in 1 and that Robotron is a converted Mortal Kombat playing Williams classics. I really like multicade. I traded for that Killer instict and am debating either turning it into a knockoff "Playchoice 10" with new art and a multi cart using one of these amazon.com link »
Alternatively I'm thinking about turning that Killer Instict into a Pandora's box, dropping Goldentee, and replacing Goldentee with a Retro gaming station.
Now, I am by no means a purist but would essentially sell the Goldentee, move Blitz into its place, and put a small TV and a moon chair in its place along with a retro console or two. I have some of those remake consoles like the NES Classic, Genesis, SNES Classic, and PSX classic but am debating what kind of TV I should get to complete the retro feel. Ideally I'd want to be able to hook up a NES and throw in a multi cart, but NES would not work with HDMI. Alternatively if I got a vintage CRT, I would not be able to hook up my current small collection of mini consoles as they all run off of HDMI. What kind of set ups do you guys have to do this?
Essentially what it boils down to is making a knockoff Playchoice 10 out of an arcade 1up or having a small retro gaming setup. Any recommendations?
[quoted image]

I run an hdtv for newer consoles that output hdmi or have component cables from hd retrovision. Most older retro consoles are connected to a CRT (trinitron) that supports component; all these consoles are hooked up via scart for RGB output (most natively support, n64 needed a mod though) and then I use a retro tink scart to component.

Scart is auto switched by the gscart and the component for hdtv is auto switched by the gcomp.

I’ve found this setup after a number of years going back and forth, but I’m very happy with the current setup and besides having to turn on power to one tv “block”, I don’t need to play with any source settings or sacrifice pixel perfect quality.

Recommend the My Life in Gaming YouTube series and the retro rgb website as deep wells of knowledge. Be warned: the hole goes deep and some of these components don’t come cheap (or quick).

Happy to share out my setup in more depth if helpful.

#2824 11 months ago

Convoluted question. I've been having alot of fun with my arcade basement and have a small wall of One Ups. The Ms. Pacman you see is is a 60 in 1 and that Robotron is a converted Mortal Kombat playing Williams classics. I really like multicade. I traded for that Killer instict and am debating either turning it into a knockoff "Playchoice 10" with new art and a multi cart using one of these amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Any real collector, has ZERO One Up cabs. Start there lolol

#2825 11 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Any real collector, has ZERO One Up cabs. Start there lolol

O yes, absolutely 100%. But I can get those 1ups in and out easily, trade them easily, and I've had lots of fun modifying them, trading them, and playing them. I'd love a real playchoice 10, but I've got a walkout basement with a grassy hill to the road and a real playchoice 10 is over 600 pounds. My pool table weighs less and it was a one way trip with a bunch of guys to get that monster in there. The playchoice 10 would also cost more than that entire lineup.

#2826 11 months ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I run an hdtv for newer consoles that output hdmi or have component cables from hd retrovision. Most older retro consoles are connected to a CRT (trinitron) that supports component; all these consoles are hooked up via scart for RGB output (most natively support, n64 needed a mod though) and then I use a retro tink scart to component.
Scart is auto switched by the gscart and the component for hdtv is auto switched by the gcomp.
I’ve found this setup after a number of years going back and forth, but I’m very happy with the current setup and besides having to turn on power to one tv “block”, I don’t need to play with any source settings or sacrifice pixel perfect quality.
Recommend the My Life in Gaming YouTube series and the retro rgb website as deep wells of knowledge. Be warned: the hole goes deep and some of these components don’t come cheap (or quick).
Happy to share out my setup in more depth if helpful.

So I'm just scratching the surface on retro gaming. So you've got a Sony CRT for your stuff. I guess I don't really understand how you have HDMI going in there. Will look into those youtube channels.

#2827 11 months ago

O yes, absolutely 100%. But I can get those 1ups in and out easily, trade them easily, and I've had lots of fun modifying them, trading them, and playing them. I'd love a real playchoice 10, but I've got a walkout basement with a grassy hill to the road and a real playchoice 10 is over 600 pounds. My pool table weighs less and it was a one way trip with a bunch of guys to get that monster in there. The playchoice 10 would also cost more than that entire lineup.

All good, just playing.

#2828 11 months ago

What kind of TV setups do you guys use for your retro gaming. Anything that has RCA inputs, HDMI, and is a CRT?

I'm in the process of modding an RF only CRT TV to add 2 RCA video inputs. Quick testing with alligator clips:

DSC_3509 (resized).JPGDSC_3509 (resized).JPGDSC_3510 (resized).JPGDSC_3510 (resized).JPGDSC_3513 (resized).JPGDSC_3513 (resized).JPG

#2829 11 months ago

This is a bit of a drive for me but is there any reason this would not work?

$30
baltimore.craigslist.org link
An HDMI to DVI converter is like $5 on Amazon so I could still use the modern licensed retro consoles. I see RGB, SVIDEO, and coax inputs. I should be able to hook up pretty much any vintage system up to PS2 on this without issue right? This should work with an old fashioned NES zapper gun as well correct?

Thanks guys!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2830 11 months ago

those sony wega's have beautiful pictures but are a pain in the @ss to move (that egg crate bottom really loves to cut into your hands).

in other news, if anyone here is still searching for a collector's edition of zelda: tears of the kingdom, I ended up with 2 extra australian copies (region-free) that I would be willing to part with for retail ($129.99) plus shipping. pm me for photos, details, and shipping.

#2831 11 months ago

$30
An HDMI to DVI converter is like $5 on Amazon so I could still use the modern licensed retro consoles. I see RGB, SVIDEO, and coax inputs. I should be able to hook up pretty much any vintage system up to PS2 on this without issue right? This should work with an old fashioned NES zapper gun as well correct?
Thanks guys!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, that'll work!

#2832 11 months ago

I have a similar sony wega. They look nice, but I've been through three of them and they've all had minor geometry problems. If you're patient, they'll pop up for free.

#2833 11 months ago

$30
Thanks guys!

Not sure on this one but some of those Sonys that support HD will have lag on anything other than 720p/1080i.

#2834 11 months ago

Small retro gaming area is more versatile and fun to hunt for stuff. Check out the MiSTER as an option to wrap up all of your retro consoles into a perfect emulation device. I'm planning to build my own at some point this year.

I have a a trinitron 27", and I just lifted it from the back of my closet under the stairs to its current resting place. It's not light, but I was able to handle it myself. That's a really nice looking setup, I'd definitely jump on that if you don't mind the drive.

#2835 11 months ago

$30
Thanks guys!

Now that the kids are napping, yes that set will have lag for anything not 480p or high. So 64 snes nes will all suffer.

#2836 11 months ago

Yes, the HS500 is a high-scan trinitron, designed for HD picture (720p, 1080i) and won't be suitable for any consoles earlier than Xbox360. There is a setting to reduce lag for HD input (hdpt = off), but older consoles will both look bad and suffer lag regardless.

If you don't require component, any of those black trinitrons from the 90s will usually have composite, S-video and good pictures without geometry issues. Also JVC and Toshiba sets of the 90s and early 00s are pretty good.

#2837 11 months ago

Oh interesting - good info. I think my Trinitron caps at 480p. What are the indicators for what's high-scan and what's not?

#2838 11 months ago

Model number. Standard def (480i) are FS or FV models (e.g. 36FV120). High def will have HS instead.. KVHS34, etc. This is for the Wega (silver) models - older black trinitrons from the 90s are all 480i SD.

There aren't many 4:3 HD tube sets, most are widescreen. That HS500 SEC found is one of the few.

Here's a list of all the late model Wega sets: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FD_Trinitron/WEGA Everything listed as Super Fine Pitch or High Scan is a high def set.

#2839 11 months ago

Thanks all! I'm going to pick it up Saturday. It looks like it will 100% work for my little NES/SNES/Genesis/PSX classic consoles. They all output 720p ans 60hz. I can plug up an old N64 I have not been able to hook up in years. If the lag bugs me I won't plug in any other old consoles. For $30 worst case I have a decent stand for a more appropriate TV when one pops up. I'm not a purist so I doubt the lag would be noticeable but I will report back. I really dig the sleek look of the setup. I've also been looking for something to hook up to a laser discussion player and this should work. I just need to find an appropriate half moon chair now.

Will be listing that Goldentee soon for anyone local interested. Thanks all!

#2840 11 months ago

I'm not a purist so I doubt the lag would be noticeable but I will report back.

There is less lag with a HD signal than with it upconverting an older 480i signal. Unfortunatley, those classic consoles themselves have a bit of lag due to the emulation, which will add to the lag of the TV. You'll have to decide if it's too much for you. It's not too difficult to acquire real consoles, an actual SD TV and flash cartridges for the consoles - that is my preferred retro experience.

#2841 11 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

There is less lag with a HD signal than with it upconverting an older 480i signal. Unfortunatley, those classic consoles themselves have a bit of lag due to the emulation, which will add to the lag of the TV. You'll have to decide if it's too much for you. It's not too difficult to acquire real consoles, an actual SD TV and flash cartridges for the consoles - that is my preferred retro experience.

Understood. I never really noticed lag on the classic retro consoles anyways but I know better games are super sensitive to lag... actually the emulation on that genesis mini is garbage but other than that it's good enough for me.

#2842 11 months ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
I have an NES, SNES, N64, PS1, GC, DC, Wii, and PS2 all connected to my Sony Trinitron KV-27FV310 from 2003. I also have a Sony Trinitron KV-27 from 96 in storage that’s all black image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg my mini systems get connected to a Sony KDL-52W4100 from 2008 whenever they are connected

#2843 11 months ago

Here is a little monitor testing I was doing a bit ago. Decided to keep them all. :/

#2844 11 months ago

Fun game just got ported to the N64. I had it for the Genesis already and I think it works really well with the n64 controller

DA9E3778-32D0-463F-A3D3-F3228EE84470 (resized).jpegDA9E3778-32D0-463F-A3D3-F3228EE84470 (resized).jpeg
#2845 11 months ago

I’ve been wanting a good hd tube besides some of my computer monitors. But I have too many crts lol. But I’d take the right ones if found. Any wide pc monitors or 480p pvm/bvms out there

#2846 11 months ago

Not to hijack the monitor talk but I have to brag a bit to people who will appreciate this.

I finally found the last four NES manuals I was looking for. I now have a manual for every game in my collection.

2023-05-24 15.42.56 (resized).jpg2023-05-24 15.42.56 (resized).jpg
#2847 11 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Not to hijack the monitor talk but I have to brag a bit to people who will appreciate this.
I finally found the last four NES manuals I was looking for. I now have a manual for every game in my collection.
[quoted image]

The hunt is fun!

#2848 11 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

[quoted image]

I had no idea they released a King's Quest game for the NES! I guess I had moved on to the Sega Genesis by then.

I was obsessed with the Sierra games on PC growing up.

#2849 11 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I had no idea they released a King's Quest game for the NES!

5 was ported to the NES, and KQ1 was released on the Master System - I played and enjoyed the port of 5 and enjoyed seeing the differences between it and the PC releases. I have not played the KQ1 SMS port.

Fellow Sierra fan!

#2850 11 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

5 was ported to the NES, and KQ1 was released on the Master System - I played and enjoyed the port of 5 and enjoyed seeing the differences between it and the PC releases. I have not played the KQ1 SMS port.
Fellow Sierra fan!

Cool, I learned something new on Pinside today.

The only console port I distinctly remember is Willy Beamish for the Sega CD, probably because I got in trouble for calling the 900 number for hints.

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.