IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 62.
#2751 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Another old gem that I just rediscovered is a Commodore 64 game called rags to riches. I had totally forgot about this game, but faint memories came back after seeing another game with the same name. A google search and a YouTube video later and now I want to play it again. I never had a c64 but my parents friends did, so I must have played it at their place. I looked but the C64 mini doesn’t have this game included. I guess it’s time to get emulating if I can find it.
[quoted image]

Check on csdb.dk

#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Check on csdb.dk

Perfect, found it. Thanks. I have a Batocera SSD coming in the mail that’s loaded with emulators and some games. It should be here in about a week. If that game isn’t included with the c64 emulator, then I’m going to download the game from csdb.dk and copy it over.

#2753 1 year ago

Has anyone else gotten in on the Garbage Pail Kids retro NES game? I pre-ordered one and it was ~$100, but I always liked the old GPK cards and thought the game play looked great.

https://www.iam8bit.com/products/garbage-pail-kids-nes

#2754 1 year ago

Has anyone tried Mario Flashback? It actually looks pretty amazing..

#2755 1 year ago

Anyone have an interest in a Jaguar Gamedrive cart? Ended up with two and only need one.

1 week later
#2756 1 year ago

This is a cool one for old arcade heads, announced today Jeff Minter is making one of his trademark psychedelic updates of infamous arcade game Akka Arrh.

Also, finally after several decades, it seems the latest owners of Atari really "get it." They've been releasing a lot of nice stuff over the past few years.

3 weeks later
#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

My steam deck project has been stalled due to life, but I'll get to it and report. I also just got the steam dock for it. This is to achieve my goal of connecting this to my 4k OLED TV and use a wireless game controller to play all sorts of retro emulated games.
My last attempt failed as I could not get the HDMI out to show up on the TV. But it worked fine when I connected it to my computer monitor.
I hate it when stuff doesn't just work.

I can’t believe how long it has been since I posted this, life and work has kept me away from the fun stuff. I am finding some time over the holiday break to work on some retro gaming stuff.

So as far as connecting the Steamdeck to its dock and then to the 4k TV via the Denon receiver, that was a simple matter of swapping the HDMI cable. I did that and it’s working good now. I did some testing with a wireless Xbox 360 controller, and was able to play MAME arcade games, N64, Gamecube, and Dreamcast. Everything worked great, all games played smooth. Just what I was looking for.

#2758 1 year ago

Made some custom nes controllers for my twitch stream to give out to some of our biggest supporters. Waiting for the clear coat to dry for re-assembly.

20221226_164758 (resized).jpg20221226_164758 (resized).jpg20221226_163847 (resized).jpg20221226_163847 (resized).jpg20221226_163708 (resized).jpg20221226_163708 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2759 1 year ago

Thanks again everyone for the Genesis recommendations, I finally got them set up and ready to play. It looks like a lot of fun to be had as soon as I get some time to try these.

Launchbox Sega Genesis 2023-01 (resized).jpgLaunchbox Sega Genesis 2023-01 (resized).jpg

Quoted from snyper2099:

Well, my tastes are not that typical but my 10 must have Genesis games are:
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles add-on cartridge w/Sonic 2 or Sonic 3
Ecco the Dolphin
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Thunderforce II or III
Kid Chameleon
Streets of Rage 1 or 2
Splatterhouse 3
Contra Hard Corps
Castlevania Bloodlines
I mean MUSHA is amazing but NOT affordable for the casual gamer.
So hard to just pick 10... I do not care for RGPs or most simulations.
If you like racing games, Roadblasters is really solid on Genesis.
Sidenote: NHL 94 is actually a GREAT and cheap game.

Quoted from Yokimato:

Top ten Genesis games:
Gunstar Heroes
Haunting starring Polterguy
Shining Force 2
Rock n’ Roll Racing
Streets of Rage 2
Splatterhouse 2
Castlevania Bloodlines
Warsong
Devilish
Rocket Knight Adventures
And ones I’d fight to shove in beyond ten:
Phantasy Star IV
Quack Shot starring Donald Duck
TMNT Hyperstone (though Turtles in Time on SNES is better, imo)
And pick your favorite Sonic game.
Soooo many good games on this system and there’s tons of deep pulls to be discovered. I’m close to a full Genesis library and still discovering some new goodies!

Quoted from metallik:

M.U.S.H.A is widely regarded as one of the best shmups on any system and definitely my favorite Genesis game. You can emulate or buy a repro if the cost of original is a barrier.
Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion is the first and by far the best of all the Disney games
Fire Shark
Sonic 3D Blast is surprisingly fun
Dragon's Fury (Devil's Crush for Genesis)
Strider

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'll add Road Rash 2, Comix Zone, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Jungle Strike, Sonic Spinball

Quoted from Viggin900:

Dick Tracy
Wings of Wor
Fantasia
NHL 94

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

NHL 94
Desert Strike
Paperboy
Road Rash 1&2
NBA Live 97 or coach K College Basketball
Madden series
Sonic
Street’s of Rage 2
Centurion Defender of Rome
Jungle Strike

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Thanks again everyone for the Genesis recommendations, I finally got them set up and ready to play. It looks like a lot of fun to be had as soon as I get some time to try these.
[quoted image]

Hell yeah dude. I was just playing my sega genesis. My favorite console ever released.

#2761 1 year ago

Currently playing Road Rash 2 & Nhl 93.

The music score on Road Rash 2 is rad.

#2762 1 year ago

I got my Steam Deck setup and I've been loving it. I setup emudeck for all the classic stuff. Xbox cloud and streaming both work pretty darn well. I've been burning through Spider-Man Remastered. It's a great game, way better than I expected even with all the positive reviews.

I think it works best in docked mode as a steam link rather than running directly from the console (on the home network). Since I have devices that can already do that, I'm really only using it in handheld most of the time. I grabbed an external power bank, 20k mah with 65w output. I'm surprised to see how quickly it drains that thing. I also grabbed a mini dock that would work great for travel, some chargers for max convenience, a thin hdmi 2.1(?) cable, and a deck mate system (kickstand, battery mount). I'm pretty much set!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Retroid Pocket 3 yet. I gave it to my brother-in-law to bring on his Hawaii trip with him, and I haven't really missed it so far. It's a really nice and small form factor, and mine has worked really well, but my big hands start to cramp if I use it for extended couch sessions. I figure I can probably make do with the steam deck and my phone.

#2763 1 year ago

I got my Steam Deck setup and I've been loving it. I setup emudeck for all the classic stuff. Xbox cloud and streaming both work pretty darn well. I've been burning through Spider-Man Remastered. It's a great game, way better than I expected even with all the positive reviews.
I think it works best in docked mode as a steam link rather than running directly from the console (on the home network). Since I have devices that can already do that, I'm really only using it in handheld most of the time. I grabbed an external power bank, 20k mah with 65w output. I'm surprised to see how quickly it drains that thing. I also grabbed a mini dock that would work great for travel, some chargers for max convenience, a thin hdmi 2.1(?) cable, and a deck mate system (kickstand, battery mount). I'm pretty much set!
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Retroid Pocket 3 yet. I gave it to my brother-in-law to bring on his Hawaii trip with him, and I haven't really missed it so far. It's a really nice and small form factor, and mine has worked really well, but my big hands start to cramp if I use it for extended couch sessions. I figure I can probably make do with the steam deck and my phone.

Nice, just put emudeck on mine and been playing through Growlanser: Generations for the PS2. It’s a cool little system while portability is necessary.

#2764 1 year ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Nice, just put emudeck on mine and been playing through Growlanser: Generations for the PS2. It’s a cool little system while portability is necessary.

No issues with PS2 emulation? I'd love to figure out Switch emulation but it seems a little involved. PS3 would be great too. I missed a lot of exclusives on Playstation since late over the last 3 gens.

1 week later
#2765 1 year ago

Got this thing today. I pre-ordered it so long ago, I completely forgot about it.

20230123_151745 (resized).jpg20230123_151745 (resized).jpg
#2766 1 year ago

Ha, same. This showed up and I thought, ‘Who the hell ordered this?” I did, November 2021.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ha, same. This showed up and I thought, ‘Who the hell ordered this?” I did, November 2021.
[quoted image]

What are your thoughts on it? Can't say I'm super impressed.

#2768 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:

What are your thoughts on it? Can't say I'm super impressed.

The really funny part is that I sold my GameCube a year ago, so I haven’t even taken it out of the box.

#2769 1 year ago

I'm looking for a comfortable gaming chair if anyone has a recommendation or two. Thx

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'm looking for a comfortable gaming chair if anyone has a recommendation or two. Thx

What are you considering a gaming chair? Lazyboy? Desk chair? If you're looking for a desk chair, buy yourself a Herman Miller Aeron and never have to buy a desk chair again.

They've gotten DAMN expensive though. Were $600 when I was in college. I dreamed of once owning one. Then finally last year I bought one at the ourragious price of $1300. Just looked up the site, and holy cow. In just a years time, they've jumped in price again. like $1800.

It WAS worth it. Not sure anymore. But they are the best office chairs you can buy. Screw something that's labeled as a "gaming chair."

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

What are you considering a gaming chair? Lazyboy? Desk chair? If you're looking for a desk chair, buy yourself a Herman Miller Aeron and never have to buy a desk chair again.
They've gotten DAMN expensive though. Were $600 when I was in college. I dreamed of once owning one. Then finally last year I bought one at the ourragious price of $1300. Just looked up the site, and holy cow. In just a years time, they've jumped in price again. like $1800.
It WAS worth it. Not sure anymore. But they are the best office chairs you can buy. Screw something that's labeled as a "gaming chair."

I do keep hearing that. I've had a chair from a semi truck seat manufacturer with a computer chair bottom for the last 10+ years. It's getting to the point where it could use a replacement. I'm considering just swapping the seat, but the aeron is intriguing.

I spend a lot of time working, gaming, and leaned back watching my TV mounted about my monitors while doing general interneting. Work pretty well to do the lounge thing?

#2772 1 year ago

Work pretty well to do the lounge thing?

Yeah, lounging back works well. It has a couple different lock-off positions. Standard will let you sit up straight or lean back slightly. I use this 99% of the time. Then it has a position where you're able to lean back much further. I use this when I need to take a quick 10-minute nap. Then another lock-off position, which I rarely use, is that it will be upright, and then can lean forward a bit. This would be nice if you're doing work on a workbench or something.

The only thing is that it doesn't have a stock headrest. I had to order a 3rd party one. But the one I got was designed by former HM employees and source the same materials used in the chair. So it looks and feels OEM. https://atlasheadrest.com/

But the chair is high quality. (better be for the price) I've only had mine for a year, but I've been using it non-stop since we work from home 3 days of the week and I've seen no wear or clunkyness.

#2773 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

What are you considering a gaming chair? Lazyboy? Desk chair? If you're looking for a desk chair, buy yourself...

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning in the direction of a lazyboy right now or maybe a couch so I can have a pizza sitting next to me rather than my wife.

#2774 1 year ago

I have one of these, https://shop.hepro.no/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/ewnbc13274__featured_1584894418.jpeg

Older version though. But fantastic in every way. Everything adjustable. I got it for free from a dumpster 10 years ago. starfighter

I believe its a chair for people with severe back problems etc.

I just love the brake arm, keeps the chair totally still.

#2775 1 year ago

Got my Analogue Pocket the other day. It's a pretty solid device. Screen is nice and crisp and size is decent to hold onto.

1 week later
#2776 1 year ago

Also just canceled my Playdate. I really wanted it, but at this point, I'd rather just have my money back. Ordered July 2021. Shame too. But we're looking for a new house and making finanical cuts, so every little bit helps.

Also, still offereing my 512gb Steamdeck if anyone wants to buy it.

#2777 1 year ago

Anyone going to LAX 2023? I will be vending there again this year with lots of new retro games for sale. I also take trades.

1 month later
#2778 1 year ago

PSA that the 3ds and wii u eshops close on the 27th if you want to scoop any digital only items before its too late.

#2779 1 year ago

Anyone have the Analogue Pocket and the dock? I'm still waiting, and I'm wondering if that's going to be good enough to pass on the Super NT and Mega SG.

#2780 1 year ago

Grabbed a Miyoo mini+. So far, it seems like a nice little handheld. It came preloaded with about every game I could want up through ps1 and the file were actually somewhat organized, unlike the normal Chinese preloaded systems.

20230324_111035 (resized).jpg20230324_111035 (resized).jpg
#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Grabbed a Miyoo mini+. So far, it seems like a nice little handheld. It came preloaded with about every game I could want up through ps1 and the file were actually somewhat organized, unlike the normal Chinese preloaded systems.
[quoted image]

I’ve been looking at that one, but I think I’m going to hold off for a year or two. I currently have the powkiddy v90 clamshell, and it plays up to GBA pretty well.

How does the Miyoo handle N64 games?

#2782 1 year ago

I won a 4 pack of tickets yesterday to the local home and garden show off of the radio. The DJ played the theme song from a game and you had to guess it to win.

It was Dig-Dug. I’ve put way too many hours into that game. It was one of the few I had for 2600 back in the day.

And they say playing video games will get you nowhere in life

#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’ve been looking at that one, but I think I’m going to hold off for a year or two. I currently have the powkiddy v90 clamshell, and it plays up to GBA pretty well.
How does the Miyoo handle N64 games?

It doesn't have anything post PS1 loaded on it. I will say, it's played every game flawlessly so far. The screen looks great and the d pad/buttons feel nicer than they should.

#2784 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image]

Nice review. I've been thinking about picking one of these up.

1 week later
#2785 1 year ago

Do we have a club for 3DS and stuff? Does that fall under Retro Gaming now that Nintendo had officially ended support for the console?

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Does that fall under Retro Gaming now

Might be a bit early. Usually I think of retro as 15-20 years old or 3 generations ago. So a PS3 would be retro. But I don’t think the 3DS is 15 years old yet.

#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Do we have a club for 3DS and stuff? Does that fall under Retro Gaming now that Nintendo had officially ended support for the console?

Post away! I tried a modern gaming thread with little success.. so alternatively feel free to revive that, or you may also get some traction in the switch thread.

I just picked up a couple of ds lites for my kids at MGC along with R4 carts.

#2788 1 year ago

Anyone have the Analogue Pocket and the dock? I'm still waiting, and I'm wondering if that's going to be good enough to pass on the Super NT and Mega SG.

I missed the boat on the analogue consoles while I kicked the tires on the final run. Oh well.

Now I've decided I'm going to build put a Mister. Anyone put one together? Seems pretty simple, but it looks like the de10 nano is currently OOS, and shows an eta of Feb 24..

1 week later
#2789 1 year ago

I grabbed a dol-001 gamecube at MGC, thinking I still had all my games. Turns out I only kept smash and sold the rest. I decided to mod it, and went with a picoboot. That was a bit of a pain to install, mostly because the sd2sp boards are so unreliable. I tried 2, and the 2nd one worked if you held it. I grabbed one of the sd gecko memory cards and that works great, but looks kinda shitty. I might tin the pads on the SD2sp board to see if I can get a more snug fit.

I've got it setup in the corner of my small media room right now connected to a crt. I like that combo, but I really need to find a better place for it.

#2790 1 year ago

I really regret selling my GameCube and gameboy advance when I sold my systems. Sounds like a great pickup.

#2791 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I really regret selling my GameCube and gameboy advance when I sold my systems. Sounds like a great pickup.

The Gamecubes are pretty easy to get if you are patient and look around. I got a nice Gamecube Platinum DOL-101 recently off Offerup for $40, its in great condition. I'm going to mod it when I get around to it. I still have my original GC I bought way back when they first came out, it still works fine and I didn't want to tear into it.

#2792 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

The Gamecubes are pretty easy to get if you are patient and look around. I got a nice Gamecube Platinum DOL-101 recently off Offerup for $40, its in great condition. I'm going to mod it when I get around to it. I still have my original GC I bought way back when they first came out, it still works fine and I didn't want to tear into it.

The gamecubes themselves aren't too bad, the DOL-001's are preferred because of the digital output for those that aren't aware. The easy way to tell is just checking the back of the console. The 001s will have two different video ports available.

The games are getting pretty out of control. Obviously everything Nintendo/Mario is collectible, but Gamecube has really seen a jump recently.

If anyone is looking into modding, the 2 main options I'm aware of are GCLoader and Picoboot. The former removes the disk drive entirely, and is out of stock at the moment. It's also at least reasonably expensive (I think normally $90).

The picoboot utilizes a raspberry pi zero (cost of about $10), and redirects the boot to an SD card. There are 2 ways to install that, either via the 2nd service port, or a memory card adapter. Again, I had some big problems with the service port method, but it's so much cleaner (being hidden away under the system). Both are cheap, about 10 each again. So if you have wires, solder, the cost of the picoboot is about $20 plus whatever size micro SD you go with. There's 5 or 6 solder points on the board, the most difficult being 2 to a small IC chip. Anyone seasoned in pinball repair really shouldn't struggle too much.

#2793 1 year ago

Yes to all of this. I have a GCLoader stashed away ready to go that I got a while back. I also have my original stack of GC games, I am hanging on to them for now because as you said they seem to keep going up in value.

#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Yes to all of this. I have a GCLoader stashed away ready to go that I got a while back. I also have my original stack of GC games, I am hanging on to them for now because as you said they seem to keep going up in value.

I don't look at pricecharting.com too often, but I just logged in to check it out, as I have all my retro games entered in there. They have a nice chart right at the top showing the total value of your collection, it was just over $1,000 in Nov 2022, now it is at $2,256.

As far as Gamecube games, Mario Kart Double Dash is the highest one I have at $78.22. Luigi's Mansion is $62.72, not sure why that one is so popular. I also have the Gamecube Gameboy Player with Startup Disc, that is up to $182.50.

Guess I'll hang onto this stuff!

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I don't look at pricecharting.com too often, but I just logged in to check it out, as I have all my retro games entered in there. They have a nice chart right at the top showing the total value of your collection, it was just over $1,000 in Nov 2022, now it is at $2,256.
As far as Gamecube games, Mario Kart Double Dash is the highest one I have at $78.22. Luigi's Mansion is $62.72, not sure why that one is so popular. I also have the Gamecube Gameboy Player with Startup Disc, that is up to $182.50.
Guess I'll hang onto this stuff!

Make sure you login every so often, my whole collection got dumped because I went 6mo(?) Without logging in. Pretty frustrating.

#2796 1 year ago

I might pick up a game cube again at some point. Especially now with all the mods for playing backups.

Changing gears, anyone want a stack of 360 games? No cases or anything. I found them in a CD binder I forgot I had. No clue what happened to the game cases.

I was asking $10 on Craigslist for the whole stack but got no response. Anyone local can just have them otherwise I’d be willing to ship them if someone wants to cover shipping.

3C5DFE8D-208C-4AF1-855D-E763018EEADF (resized).jpeg3C5DFE8D-208C-4AF1-855D-E763018EEADF (resized).jpeg7AFF446C-1474-4998-8B3C-ABEC2A3D2D9D (resized).jpeg7AFF446C-1474-4998-8B3C-ABEC2A3D2D9D (resized).jpeg
#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I might pick up a game cube again at some point. Especially now with all the mods for playing backups.
Changing gears, anyone want a stack of 360 games? No cases or anything. I found them in a CD binder I forgot I had. No clue what happened to the game cases.
I was asking $10 on Craigslist for the whole stack but got no response. Anyone local can just have them otherwise I’d be willing to ship them if someone wants to cover shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take em if no one has claimed em yet. I have a retro game stream on twitch, could see jamming a few of those at some point.

#2798 12 months ago

360 game discs are in the mail. Thanks everyone.

#2799 12 months ago

Anyone want to try to top my high score on NES pinbot?

20230413_225827 (resized).jpg20230413_225827 (resized).jpg
#2800 12 months ago

I made a single game run and didn't come close. I'll have to give it another go tomorrow.

2023-04-23 17.05.36 (resized).jpg2023-04-23 17.05.36 (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.