Launchbox Windows 2022-11 (resized).png
Launchbox DOS 2022-11 (resized).png
20221023_220418 (resized).jpg
20221023_220410 (resized).jpg
20221023_220250 (resized).jpg
Steam Deck with keyboard and mouse (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20ECF44F-0045-44C5-AC86-8084A64738F9 (resized).png

There are 2,755 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 56.
#2701 37 days ago

I have original and emulated
The fact is that I get to play classics without too much heartache or cash. Each has its place.
I just love gaming , retro gaming in fact any sort of gaming.
BUT PINBALL IS KING!

#2703 37 days ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I actually like emulation, because it makes me able to use save states. (I suck at gaming and like to think of myself as average++ at pinball)
I do have a rather large collection of OG hardware though. Abit too large just to be collecting dust.

Oh I kid... I spent the late 90's playing Joust on a keyboard.

2 weeks later
#2704 23 days ago

Well, I ordered myself a steam deck for xmas. I opted for the cheap one. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the anti-glare screen, but not sure that's worth a 60%ish price increase to me.

#2705 23 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well, I ordered myself a steam deck for xmas. I opted for the cheap one. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the anti-glare screen, but not sure that's worth a 60%ish price increase to me.

that the price increase also includes a nicer case and 8x the memory (as well as it being high-speed NVMe vs. 64 GB eMMC memory) but I get that it is a significant increase in price for those options

#2706 23 days ago

Think I may sell my Steam Deck. I've got the 512 version. I like it, but I much prefer playing on the PC. I just don't find it confortable to hold. And super performance with high graphics dont matter all that much for the size of the screen. It was a device that I've always wanted, and now that I have it, it's not what I thought it would be.

#2707 23 days ago

My steam deck project has been stalled due to life, but I'll get to it and report. I also just got the steam dock for it. This is to achieve my goal of connecting this to my 4k OLED TV and use a wireless game controller to play all sorts of retro emulated games.

My last attempt failed as I could not get the HDMI out to show up on the TV. But it worked fine when I connected it to my computer monitor.

I hate it when stuff doesn't just work.

#2708 23 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Think I may sell my Steam Deck. I've got the 512 version. I like it, but I much prefer playing on the PC. I just don't find it confortable to hold. And super performance with high graphics dont matter all that much for the size of the screen. It was a device that I've always wanted, and now that I have it, it's not what I thought it would be.

I hear that. I do a lot of PC gaming lately, which has been great. The only issue is that I do most of that PC gaming in the same spot I spend my day working. I really want to be able to move about and throw it onto a dock to play on a TV. We also have family out of town so we spend weekends away pretty often. The device is cool, and I'm a sucker for this kind of tech.

I do have a recently received Retroid Pocket 3. I've loaded it up, and it works really well. My biggest complaint is also one of its biggest advantages - size. My hand size make anything but short burst play sessions borderline painful. It's really the same issue I have with the switch, and I don't love the need to cram on some aftermarket grips. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Pocket yet. It's cool enough that I might just hang onto it for those situations where I don't feel like hauling around the enormous Steam Deck. I have syncthing running for all of my emulated stuff, so switching between platforms has been really easy.

#2709 22 days ago

I hear that. I do a lot of PC gaming lately, which has been great. The only issue is that I do most of that PC gaming in the same spot I spend my day working. I really want to be able to move about and throw it onto a dock to play on a TV. We also have family out of town so we spend weekends away pretty often. The device is cool, and I'm a sucker for this kind of tech.

And I've really been playing my PS5 more than PC games. I enjoy sitting on the couch playing that. I did get Steam Link on my TV through Google TV, and played a few PC games that way. But many of the games I wanted to play portibly, I just can't play more than 30 mins at a time. Would much rather be in front of my monitor with mouse and keyboard. I thought this would satisfy my need for a new gaming PC. My current one is now 10 years old. It can still play most games, but at a lower setting. And I've thought about docking the Steam Deck, but then I just keep thinking, I'd rather just have a full tower PC instead.

Plus the other big thing is that I just got married, and I actually haven't touched the Deck in the last 2-3 months. So it's just money sitting there where we could actually use it.

And with that said, I have 512GB Deck w/box for sale for $625 shipped.

#2710 22 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

And I've really been playing my PS5 more than PC games. I enjoy sitting on the couch playing that. I did get Steam Link on my TV through Google TV, and played a few PC games that way. But many of the games I wanted to play portibly, I just can't play more than 30 mins at a time. Would much rather be in front of my monitor with mouse and keyboard. I thought this would satisfy my need for a new gaming PC. My current one is now 10 years old. It can still play most games, but at a lower setting. And I've thought about docking the Steam Deck, but then I just keep thinking, I'd rather just have a full tower PC instead.
Plus the other big thing is that I just got married, and I actually haven't touched the Deck in the last 2-3 months. So it's just money sitting there where we could actually use it.
And with that said, I have 512GB Deck w/box for sale for $625 shipped.

Did you reset the Steam Deck to original as-shipped condition? It looks like it is doable, but somewhat of a pain.

Still haven't decided about mine.

I have a fairly recently upgraded tower with a 4K monitor that is great for all the games I want to play, in particular FPS of all kinds (but mostly old school rather than modern warfare).

But I also like to get of the PC and play games in the living room while loafing on the couch. I don't think that will ever work well for the FPS games, but is great for any console games. And all the retro stuff, including MAME. I still haven't figured out if the Steam Deck will work well for this. If not, I probably will sell it.

#2711 22 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Did you reset the Steam Deck to original as-shipped condition? It looks like it is doable, but somewhat of a pain.

Haven't looked into it yet. Suppose I should. I expected it should have been something simple.

#2712 22 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I have a fairly recently upgraded tower with a 4K monitor

I just upgraded to a ryzen 7 5800x cpu and a dell 34” ultrawide monitor…..and then downloaded Warcraft 2. Have to say, the video cut scenes have never looked that good before. Lol

#2713 22 days ago

i7-12700K
64GB DDR4
RTX 3080 12GB
With 9 TB of SSD goodness:
Samsung 980Pro 1TB boot
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB games
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB video production
Samsung 870 4TB random shit

Lian Li Lancool Mesh II and Noctua NH-D15

It runs Doom and Quake super fast!

Launchbox DOS 2022-11 (resized).png

Launchbox Windows 2022-11 (resized).png

#2714 22 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

It runs Doom and Quake super fast!

Lol, that's hilarious. I'm the same way. I think every device I own has at least an SNES emulator installed.

I'm actually stupidly addicted to Stardew Valley right now. There's a ton to do in that game. I have a save with my 3 young kids, but one solo save where I can just focus on my own stuff. One thing that's great with a 2k monitor, I can zoom way out on those SNES graphics and get a really nice crisp wide view of the retro style I love.

#2715 22 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Still haven't decided about mine.

Man, you guys are making me a little nervous. I got mine today and just ran through setup and boxed it back away. It seems really nice, and I'm excited to put it through its paces. I hope to get a bunch of lounge and travel play out of it, but we'll see. My problem is I have a really hard time of letting go of gaming devices/games I no longer use. I hate selling things, and I'm afraid I'll regret selling the 16-bit stuff (but that's what I have the most of). But it's just sitting there in boxes. Feels like a waste.

#2716 21 days ago

I love it!
retro gaming on the most modern pc at present.
I wonder what “ retro “ actually means?
FYI I own lots of old / new / refurbished / gaming items.
I love it all

#2717 21 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I love it!
retro gaming on the most modern pc at present.
I wonder what “ retro “ actually means?
FYI I own lots of old / new / refurbished / gaming items.
I love it all

I don’t feel any boundaries on the term retro.

As you can see I like to play a lot of the older FPS, Doom goes back to 93, that 30 years ago so I call that retro FPS gaming. That’s best done on a PC unless you can somehow master a controller in place of the mouse and keyboard. The main reason other than work requirements that I have a somewhat ridiculously overpowered PC is to run the new Microsoft FS (not retro).

But having a good amount of PC power can be useful for the more demanding emulators, such as PS2, PS3 and even PS4 (I haven’t tried these yet). It’s also fun to play something like Quake II RTX which is Quake II with ray tracing, it looks amazing but requires serious horsepower especially for the video card. Playing that game for a while will heat your whole house up in the wintertime.

I run emulators on the PC for any or all consoles up through GameCube, plus MAME for arcade games. It’s all organized through Launchbox which is really nice.

I also have my original N64 connected to the 65” OLED TV, but admittedly I sold all the cartridges and have an Everdrive in there with lots of games. Well, all of them. Also connected to the TV is my original GameCube and Wii. I still have all of the GameCube and Wii discs, but the Wii disc player died on me. Thanks to this thread I hacked it with the home brew setup and it has a USB drive on it with lotsa games. Also have in the family an original SNES and a variety of Gameboys.

My eventual goal is to get a nice controller setup with joysticks, trackball and spinner so I can play the arcade classics via MAME in the big screen.

Lots of different ways to have fun.

#2718 21 days ago

Man, you guys are making me a little nervous. I got mine today and just ran through setup and boxed it back away. It seems really nice, and I'm excited to put it through its paces. I hope to get a bunch of lounge and travel play out of it, but we'll see. My problem is I have a really hard time of letting go of gaming devices/games I no longer use. I hate selling things, and I'm afraid I'll regret selling the 16-bit stuff (but that's what I have the most of). But it's just sitting there in boxes. Feels like a waste.

Pricecharting.com is pretty cool, you can enter in all your games and it will track the values. I entered all my games in there and it can be surprising how much money you have sitting there. I’m talking thousands and I don’t even have all that many games really. If you have complete games that include not only the cartridge/disc and case but also the instructions and the original box, those are worth the most.

As far as the Steam Deck, I think it should be pretty great for handheld gaming and travel. But I really want it to also work on my big TV to run the retro games. Still working on that.

#2719 21 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Pricecharting.com is pretty cool, you can enter in all your games and it will track the values. I entered all my games in there and it can be surprising how much money you have sitting there. I’m talking thousands and I don’t even have all that many games really. If you have complete games that include not only the cartridge/disc and case but also the instructions and the original box, those are worth the most.

Yeah I do use that site, and get some tempting emails for stuff even though I rarely pick up anything new. I have a complete copy of Earthbound, I rented it as a kid and got it as a gift. It's far from mint, I used the guide (a lot), but the box is really nice other than where some tape tore of a small section. That game alone is really why I'm so fickle. If I don't sell that, what's the point in selling any of it? It's one of my favorite games even though I have very little desire to revisit a grindy turn-based RPG I've already beat multiple times.

Most of the reason I hang onto it is in case my kids want it. Retro gaming seems like it could be a thing even in the future, like vinyl. I know I'm annoyed with my dad for selling off all of his Beatles records. lol.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

I really want it to also work on my big TV to run the retro games. Still working on that.

And that's with the official deck? I know usb-c cables can be pretty finicky, but I'm surprised the official dock is giving you any problem at all. Worrying. I also need it to be pretty switch-like in its functionality.

#2720 21 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I also have my original N64 connected to the 65” OLED TV, but admittedly I sold all the cartridges and have an Everdrive in there with lots of games.

I sold all of my games a couple years back. I have an everdrive loaded with the complete game library for my NES, SNES, And N64. Then my Game cube, Dreamcast, and PS2 are modded to run off of either SD card or hard drive. All of that I connects to a sweet Sony CRT or projector to play them. I also have a homemade 4 player mame arcade with everything up to the 90’s on it. Add in a half dozen Arcade1up’s and a skeeball game and a PS3 on a racing seat setup and you can find almost any game to play.

Not to mention my collection of mini consoles that I can connect to a new hdmi tv for convenience.

#2721 21 days ago

Yeah I do use that site, and get some tempting emails for stuff even though I rarely pick up anything new. I have a complete copy of Earthbound, I rented it as a kid and got it as a gift. It's far from mint, I used the guide (a lot), but the box is really nice other than where some tape tore of a small section. That game alone is really why I'm so fickle. If I don't sell that, what's the point in selling any of it? It's one of my favorite games even though I have very little desire to revisit a grindy turn-based RPG I've already beat multiple times.
Most of the reason I hang onto it is in case my kids want it. Retro gaming seems like it could be a thing even in the future, like vinyl. I know I'm annoyed with my dad for selling off all of his Beatles records. lol.

And that's with the official deck? I know usb-c cables can be pretty finicky, but I'm surprised the official dock is giving you any problem at all. Worrying. I also need it to be pretty switch-like in its functionality.

Give me some time and I will report, I haven't had a chance to get to it, too busy with life. But hope to get to it this weekend.

#2722 21 days ago

I bought a ridiculous Sega Genesis collection last week. Below are the ones I'm selling. If anyone needs any of these, PM me for more pictures.

This is the first place I’m listing the $6-14 Genesis games so those are all available. Shipping will better if you buy multiple games. Will trade for shumps or ($20+) SMS,PS2,Genesis games that I don't own.

GENESIS COLLECTION (Items) (PRICE) (LABEL Condition)
Fantasia Complete 45 mint
Back to the Futue Part III Cart 38 nice
Lemmings 2 : The Tribes Complete 36 mint
Tinhead Complete 32 nice
Dynamite Headdy Cart 23 OK
Quack Shot Cart 20 nice
Chester Cheetah To Cool Cart 20 nice
Where World Carmen Sandiego? Cart 18 writing
Bubble and Squeak Cart 18 top tear
Star Trek DSP COT Cart 16 nice
Zool Cart 18 front tear
Mystic Defender Cart 18 wear
DeCap Attack Cart 18 nice
Fatal Labyrinth Cart 15 good
The Incredible Crash Dummies Cart 15 faded
Generations Lost Cart 16 front tear
X Men 2 : Clone Wars Cart 16 nice
TaleSpin Complete 28 very nice
Cyborg Justice Complete 20 nice
X-Men Complete 18 nice
TOYS Complete 17 label tear
Goofy's Hysterical History Tour Cart and Box 20 label lifting
Lethal Enforcers II Cart and Box 20 nice
Cuthroat Island Cart and Box 18 label lifting
DJ Boy Cart and Instr. 15 nice
Fatal Rewind Cart and Box 15 nice
G Loc Cart and Instr. 15 sticker
Home Alone 2 Cart 15 nice
King of the Monsters 2 Cart 15 nice
Cosmic Spacehead Cart 12 nice

PAYPAL with “F and F”.

Rambo III Cart SOLD wear
Todd's Slime World Cart SOLD
Dick Tracy Cart SOLD
Twin Cobra Cart SOLD
4BD1A4A8-AD74-4C8B-96F5-D556A456A540 (resized).jpeg8D468652-6230-46C3-9E5C-70C65E9061B6 (resized).jpeg

#2723 21 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I bought a ridiculous Sega Genesis collection last week. Below are the ones I'm selling. If anyone needs any of these, PM me for more pictures. If a pictured $15+ game is not listed below, it’s already sold.
This is the first place I’m listing the $6-14 Genesis games so those are all available. Shipping will better if you buy multiple games. Will trade for shumps or ($20+) SMS,PS2,Genesis games that I don't own.
GENESIS COLLECTION (Items) (PRICE) (LABEL Condition)
Fantasia Complete 45 mint
Back to the Futue Part III Cart 43 nice
Lemmings 2 : The Tribes Complete 36 mint
Tinhead Complete 32 nice
Rambo III Cart 32 wear
Dynamite Headdy Cart 25 OK
Quack Shot Cart 23 nice
Chester Cheetah To Cool Cart 22 nice
Where World Carmen Sandiego? Cart 18 writing
Bubble and Squeak Cart 19 top tear
Star Trek DSP COT Cart 16 nice
Zool Cart 18 front tear
Mystic Defender Cart 18 wear
DeCap Attack Cart 18 nice
Fatal Labyrinth Cart 15 good
The Incredible Crash Dummes Cart 15 faded
Generations Lost Cart 15 front tear
TaleSpin Complete 28 nice
Cyborg Justice Complete 20 nice
X-Men Complete 18 nice
TOYS Complete 17 label tear
Goofy's Hysterical History Tour Cart and Box 20 label lifting
Lethal Enforcers II Cart and Box 20 nice
Cuthroat Island Cart and Box 18 label lifting
DJ Boy Cart and Instr. 15 nice
Fatal Rewind Cart and Box 15 nice
G Loc Cart and Instr. 15 sticker
Home Alone 2 Cart 15 nice
King of the Monsters 2 Cart 15 nice
PAYPAL with “F and F”.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quack shot is a good game.

#2724 21 days ago
4C9BB959-F427-4445-AFE3-92B8C63AA0CC (resized).jpeg
#2725 21 days ago

Any suggestions for the top 5 or maybe 10 Sega Genesis games?

I have a curated collection rather than the massive "all and everything" approach some people take. For consoles its pretty much all the Ataris and Nintendos since that is what I used to play. I never had a Sega system. A family member did have a Sega Dreamcast and I played that a bit, especially Hydro Thunder which is a blast. I currently have these 3 games for the Dreamcast.

Launchbox Sega Dreamcast 2022-11 (resized).png

#2726 21 days ago

Well, my tastes are not that typical but my 10 must have Genesis games are:

Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles add-on cartridge w/Sonic 2 or Sonic 3
Ecco the Dolphin
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Thunderforce II or III
Kid Chameleon
Streets of Rage 1 or 2
Splatterhouse 3
Contra Hard Corps
Castlevania Bloodlines

I mean MUSHA is amazing but NOT affordable for the casual gamer.

So hard to just pick 10... I do not care for RGPs or most simulations.

If you like racing games, Roadblasters is really solid on Genesis.

Sidenote: NHL 94 is actually a GREAT and cheap game.

#2727 21 days ago

Top ten Genesis games:

Gunstar Heroes
Haunting starring Polterguy
Shining Force 2
Rock n’ Roll Racing
Streets of Rage 2
Splatterhouse 2
Castlevania Bloodlines
Warsong
Devilish
Rocket Knight Adventures

And ones I’d fight to shove in beyond ten:

Phantasy Star IV
Quack Shot starring Donald Duck
TMNT Hyperstone (though Turtles in Time on SNES is better, imo)
And pick your favorite Sonic game.

Soooo many good games on this system and there’s tons of deep pulls to be discovered. I’m close to a full Genesis library and still discovering some new goodies!

#2728 21 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Any suggestions for the top 5 or maybe 10 Sega Genesis games

M.U.S.H.A is widely regarded as one of the best shmups on any system and definitely my favorite Genesis game. You can emulate or buy a repro if the cost of original is a barrier.

Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion is the first and by far the best of all the Disney games
Fire Shark
Sonic 3D Blast is surprisingly fun
Dragon's Fury (Devil's Crush for Genesis)
Strider

#2729 21 days ago

I'll add Road Rash 2, Comix Zone, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Jungle Strike, Sonic Spinball

#2730 20 days ago

I'll add Road Rash 2, Comix Zone, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Jungle Strike, Sonic Spinball

Yes, Road Rash 2 and 3 are great but, for me they are really only fun as hell with 2 players.

#2731 20 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Any suggestions for the top 5 or maybe 10 Sega Genesis games?
I have a curated collection rather than the massive "all and everything" approach some people take. For consoles its pretty much all the Ataris and Nintendos since that is what I used to play. I never had a Sega system. A family member did have a Sega Dreamcast and I played that a bit, especially Hydro Thunder which is a blast. I currently have these 3 games for the Dreamcast.
[quoted image]

Dick Tracy
Wings of Wor
Fantasia
NHL 94

#2732 20 days ago

NHL 94
Desert Strike
Paperboy
Road Rash 1&2
NBA Live 97 or coach K College Basketball
Madden series
Sonic
Street’s of Rage 2
Centurion Defender of Rome
Jungle Strike

#2733 20 days ago

Check this video out. Sega lord X has a great channel.

#2734 17 days ago

I ran through setup on my steam deck before packing it away for good before xmas. I've only played with Linux a bit in the past, but it was overall pretty simple with some youtube help.

I was able to link to my Xbox Ultimate account, setting control scheme defaults via bash, and then loading in the browser page as a non-steam game. Some adjustments to thumbnails/banners and the browser name help to round out a clean look for it within the steam loader. I only opened a couple games, but it worked flawlessly.

I was also able to load some roms into emudeck. Mostly just stuff I'd actually play - SNES, Gamecube, and PS2. All three of those ran great in my quick testing. There's the option to use just the emulationstation ID in the Steam launcher, or you could pull in all of the games and add them to a collection. For now I opted for the former. I don't necessarily expect to use this too often for emulation, or at least I'll resist the urge.

#2735 15 days ago

I beat Yoshis Island for the first time ever. Great game, with some really tough and clever sections.

#2736 14 days ago

I beat Yoshis Island for the first time ever. Great game, with some really tough and clever sections.

Nice! Always feels good to beat a game for the first time.

#2737 11 days ago

I know it's probably not really retro, but I'll ask anyway. I've been sitting on a launch version 60gb PS3 for several years now. I believe it's already been jailbroken, but I never really did get around to finding a decent repository of games. Anyone here have a decent hard drive they'd clone, or point me in the best direction? I'd rather not spend days/months downloading terrabyes of data when someone can just clone a drive for me.

#2738 11 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I know it's probably not really retro, but I'll ask anyway. I've been sitting on a launch version 60gb PS3 for several years now. I believe it's already been jailbroken, but I never really did get around to finding a decent repository of games. Anyone here have a decent hard drive they'd clone, or point me in the best direction? I'd rather not spend days/months downloading terrabyes of data when someone can just clone a drive for me.

Usually 20 years is retro to me, and a launch PS3 is a great console. Having built in backwards compatibility is a huge asset and that will be a desirable console in a couple years. Those early consoles will probably all die without some modifications, so hopefully yours is still in good condition. Here’s a video explaining it if you’re interested.

If you’re looking for games files without having to download for days, then I recommend these guys. I’ve purchased from them twice. https://www.romcollector.com/roms-hyperspin-hard-drive-p-200.html

#2739 11 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Usually 20 years is retro to me, and a launch PS3 is a great console. Having built in backwards compatibility is a huge asset and that will be a desirable console in a couple years. Those early consoles will probably all die without some modifications, so hopefully yours is still in good condition. Here’s a video explaining it if you’re interested.
If you’re looking for games files without having to download for days, then I recommend these guys. I’ve purchased from them twice. https://www.romcollector.com/roms-hyperspin-hard-drive-p-200.html

EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks.

#2740 11 days ago

I had bought a hyperspin hard drive years ago from them for my arcade machine. recently I wanted to play a couple old DOS games, and remembered that it also had 80’s and 90’s pc games on it, so I want looking at the games list to find the ones I wanted to play. Boom, right there, this random game I played in the 90’s, and it was the full game, not the shareware one I had back in the day. “Ok. Now how do I get it off the HDD and running on my windows 11 machine?” First thing, check out the readme file, and again, BOOM, it’s simple, run a batch file and it auto sets up Dosbox, now I have a couple thousand old games to go back through.

#2741 10 days ago

Super sad that my original Phat PS3 with backwards capability died just before the PS4 came out. I ended up replacing it with a Slim. I fixed the phat 3 times before I gave up. Each time I fixed it it didn't last as long. Used the heat gun trick on the board. Was tired of opening it up and doing that process.

Also, I just got notification that my Analogue Pocket is about to ship. Pretty excited for that. Got my Everdrives last year in preperation.

#2742 10 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Also, I just got notification that my Analogue Pocket is about to ship. Pretty excited for that. Got my Everdrives last year in preperation.

Nice! When did you order? I'm wondering whether I should keep my order or not, having just got a Retroid Pocket 3 and a Steam Deck. I'm also debating the final run of the Analogue SNES and Genesis consoles

#2743 10 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

my original Phat PS3 with backwards capability died

Did you hold onto it? And did you watch the video I just posted? It might be fixable

#2744 8 days ago

I jumped into 2 games recently, super metroid and desert strike. Man, desert strike is tough!! I had a rough time clearing the first stage.

#2745 8 days ago

Got some various shelf organizers from Daiso to try and clean up the retro console area. I love how I can keep controllers under the systems instead of piled up in my storage ottoman.

70ED1E9E-68C9-4B2C-8D89-B23002A46136 (resized).jpeg
#2746 8 days ago

I just found this gem that I used to play around with in school called car builder. The CGA graphics really date it, but we used to waste time in class trying to make the fastest car we could.

FABBF9B0-9C72-4E09-9CC2-7E31FB3771F0 (resized).jpeg

#2747 8 days ago

If anyone is into watching retro gaming on twitch,
My buddy and I stream mainly nes,snes,genesis.

We do these races called 6 PAKs.

6 games, 6 beers. Have to beat the game and finish your beer before going to the next game.

Our 7th 6PAK race is next tuesday, 9pm est
Twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

This race is
Ninja crusaders
Double dragon ii
Puss n boots
Super C
Castle of Dragon
Simpsons: Bart v the World

SquarePic_20221123_20010360 (resized).jpg

#2748 8 days ago

Nice! When did you order?

December 2021.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Did you hold onto it? And did you watch the video I just posted? It might be fixable

I sold it. But do wish I'd held onto it. I'd fixed mine a few times. I stretched it about an extra year before I tired of fixing it. I didn't see the video, so Im not sure if it was a more permant fix. I just opened mine up, took the board out and used the heat gun to re-flow the solder.

#2749 8 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

so Im not sure if it was a more permant fix. I just opened mine up, took the board out and used the heat gun to re-flow the solder.

It’s a long video but it’s basically saying that re-flowing the solder balls might fix it temporarily, but the larger issue was with TSMC and how they built one of the chips for the fat original ps3. He was able to steal a chip from a ps3 slim and retrofit it into a fat ps3. It all depends on your build date and board revision as to what chip you would need. He referred to it as a Franken-ps3. You’d have to find the right slim ps3, harvest a chip from it, install that onto a custom board, then install that into your fat ps3. It would kill a slim ps3 to save a backwards compatible ps3, but he sounded confident that it was the solution to the yellow light of death.

#2750 8 days ago

Another old gem that I just rediscovered is a Commodore 64 game called rags to riches. I had totally forgot about this game, but faint memories came back after seeing another game with the same name. A google search and a YouTube video later and now I want to play it again. I never had a c64 but my parents friends did, so I must have played it at their place. I looked but the C64 mini doesn’t have this game included. I guess it’s time to get emulating if I can find it.

CC0ADB71-4CBC-4EC0-8C34-690FBFE98671 (resized).png

There are 2,755 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!