IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 62.
#2601 2 years ago

A while ago I bought a Pow Kiddy V90 handheld game player from AliExpress. It’s the best knockoff emulation system that I’ve used yet. This is way better then the cheap Famiclone handhelds from 5 years ago. The one that I bought came with a 64GB memory card loaded with games, I thin it said 9700 games. Mine came installed with complete collections of nes, sega, Gb, Gbc, gba, snes, genesis, wonder swan, and neo geo pocket. But there’s also a bunch of mame, ps1, and pc games like quake, doom, wolfenstein, etc. I bought it to explore some of the old GB, GBC, and GBA games. Some of the GBA and PS1 games play pretty rough, but for older games, this thing is amazing.

Since I’ve got it I played thru Mario land 1+2 for GB, Zelda for nes, Tetris for GB. But most recently I discovered Cave Story. It’s an “8-bit” side scrolling platformer that’s super fun.

Here’s one I found on Amazon with a smaller memory card and less games, but for the price I have to recommend it to others.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Console-Rechargeable-Player-3-inch/dp/B08JC3244X/ref=sr_1_3

3 weeks later
#2602 2 years ago

Just picked this up at a yard sale . I was panicking when I plugged it in and the screen wasn't coming on just the brightness was turned down thank God.

20210625_161204 (resized).jpg20210625_161204 (resized).jpg20210625_161207 (resized).jpg20210625_161207 (resized).jpg
#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

Just picked this up at a yard sale . I was panicking when I plugged it in and the screen wasn't coming on just the brightness was turned down thank God.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the fold. Be sure to grab a multi cart and enjoy. If that price tag is legit, you just got the deal of the year.

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

I'll give you $6 for it. you can double your money without even thinking.
truth be told. great score. congrats!

#2605 2 years ago

After not buying any retro games a while I got the itch again. No cheap hunting stories, just me buying FF3 CIB with map and everything. Ive always wanted a cib copy of that game....My local shop has had some amazing hauls recently and he has decent prices so Im glad to support him.

2 months later
#2606 2 years ago

Gauging some interest in a possible sell of a rather sizeable collection..

Systems would include:

Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari Jaguar (and hard case)
TurboGrafix 16 (with CD drive attachment and hard case)
Phillips CD-i
Odyssey^2
NES top-loader with A/V modded outputs
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast x2
Game Gear
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy DS
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Playstation One (the mini one)
PS 2 Slim
Xbox 360 (With HD-DVD drive and movies for it!)
Virtual Boy

Games for all systems, including some systems I don't actually own:

Sega CD (big item here is Lunar: The Silver Star in really good condition and complete)
Intellivision games (mostly crap, really, but it's in there)
Game Boy (Okay, I do own a GB, but it's SUPER trashy and not worth selling as a system, okay? )

There's some real gems in terms of high value games that I have... Alundra (ps1), Lunar (sega CD), Zelda: Wand of Gamelon (CD-i), Wanderers From Ys 1/2, and 3 (TG-16 CD), Demon's Crest (SNES), etc.

I'm working on cataloguing everything, and then will be making sure I can locate all cables and then go through and test everything. I do know 100% for sure that the TG-CD drive needs fixing, I've just never been able to find someplace I would trust to send it off to. It powers on fine, just won't read discs, very standard issue on these and fixable.

I really don't want to have to piecemeal this stuff out. I need to buy a new A/C unit for my condo that I'm going to be renting out. Ideally, none of this would be shipped either, as it's very substantial, and shipping (and insurance!) would cost an arm and a leg. I'm nowhere near done, and at *best* I'm weeks off of having a full priced out list, much less testing everything. All cartridge based games are going to be loose games, not complete boxed copies, or with manuals.

This is not going to be a cheap collection, but if you want a huge variety of systems and games, AND you can somehow get to Dallas in a reasonable timeframe or have someone else pick it up and hold it all for you... I'm probably not going to be asking the flat Pricecharting prices for everything for someone that buys the full collection or a massive chunk of it. For example, where I'm already at if you're just looking at Pricecharting values is over 5k, and I basically haven't even STARTED on the disc games aside from some of this higher value stuff I have sitting around separately.

So...not for the faint of heart, but for someone that's willing to drop 10k on a pinball machine and wants to get into console collecting with a HUGE jump-start? I'll work with you.

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:Gauging some interest in a possible sell of a rather sizeable collection..
Systems would include:
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Phillips CD-i
Odyssey^2
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast x2
Game Gear
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy DS
Neo Geo Pocket Color
PS 2 Slim
Virtual Boy
Sega CD (big item here is Lunar: The Silver Star in really good condition and complete)
Game Boy (Okay, I do own a GB, but it's SUPER trashy and not worth selling as a system, okay? )
There's some real gems in terms of high value games that I have... Alundra (ps1), Lunar (sega CD), Zelda: Wand of Gamelon (CD-i), Wanderers From Ys 1/2, and 3 (TG-16 CD), Demon's Crest (SNES), etc.
I'm working on cataloguing everything, and then will be making sure I can locate all cables and then go through and test everything. I do know 100% for sure that the TG-CD drive needs fixing, I've just never been able to find someplace I would trust to send it off to. It powers on fine, just won't read discs, very standard issue on these and fixable.
I really don't want to have to piecemeal this stuff out. I need to buy a new A/C unit for my condo that I'm going to be renting out. Ideally, none of this would be shipped either, as it's very substantial, and shipping (and insurance!) would cost an arm and a leg. I'm nowhere near done, and at *best* I'm weeks off of having a full priced out list, much less testing everything. All cartridge based games are going to be loose games, not complete boxed copies, or with manuals.
This is not going to be a cheap collection, but if you want a huge variety of systems and games, AND you can somehow get to Dallas in a reasonable timeframe or have someone else pick it up and hold it all for you... I'm probably not going to be asking the flat Pricecharting prices for everything for someone that buys the full collection or a massive chunk of it. For example, where I'm already at if you're just looking at Pricecharting values is over 5k, and I basically haven't even STARTED on the disc games aside from some of this higher value stuff I have sitting around separately.
So...not for the faint of heart, but for someone that's willing to drop 10k on a pinball machine and wants to get into console collecting with a HUGE jump-start? I'll work with you.

If you do split I’ve been looking for a cdi. Before I had my kid and if you were closer I would have been interested in the lot.

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Gauging some interest in a possible sell of a rather sizeable collection..
Systems would include:
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Phillips CD-i
Odyssey^2
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast x2
Game Gear
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy DS
Neo Geo Pocket Color
PS 2 Slim
Virtual Boy

Was going to say that I would be interested in some of that but just a few. And im in NJ

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

If you do split I’ve been looking for a cdi. Before I had my kid and if you were closer I would have been interested in the lot.

Assuming I can find the binder that I packed in the move, I've got Wand of Gamelon and.... a whole BUNCH of "demonstration disc not for resale" white-label full version games that were used in store displays. Dragon's Lair 1/2, Space Ace, and a whole scad of others. It worked well the last time I used it...but it's been a while, hence why I'm going to attempt to get it all tested before selling anything.

Why in god's name they put FULL VERSIONS of games on these things....who knows, but they are.

#2610 2 years ago

Great find on the Vectrex, what a steal. Anyone know where I can find the 3D rollercoaster cartridge? Thats the only one I am missing.

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Great find on the Vectrex, what a steal. Anyone know where I can find the 3D rollercoaster cartridge? Thats the only one I am missing.

I'd try joing the vectrex Facebook group. Someone in there will probably have one

#2612 2 years ago
4B5D1A48-D1E4-436B-A7EE-CC8EEBE74AC1 (resized).png4B5D1A48-D1E4-436B-A7EE-CC8EEBE74AC1 (resized).png
1 week later
#2613 2 years ago

I just found these with my GameCube, anyone local looking for these?
0E9B834E-52F4-44C2-AEE9-A4F73F774CBA (resized).jpeg0E9B834E-52F4-44C2-AEE9-A4F73F774CBA (resized).jpegF94909F6-BC47-4DCF-A4A5-B0FF5A2240CB (resized).jpegF94909F6-BC47-4DCF-A4A5-B0FF5A2240CB (resized).jpeg

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Hey uh...so..... just FYI....

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/gamecube/pokemon-box

I'd really like to have it, as that's the only way to really cross transfer older game pokemon to the DS stuff, if I remember right, but yeah...goddamn....

#2615 2 years ago

Sweet! I assume eBay is the best place?

Ideally I'd like to trade/sell with a pinsider

#2616 2 years ago

I'd try to find a buyer on here or a pokemon or GameCube forum frankly. Avoid the fees on something that high dollar.

Bloody insanity....

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Sweet! I assume eBay is the best place?
Ideally I'd like to trade/sell with a pinsider

Best place to sell pokemon stuff is Mercari. Take my word for it, it is a red hot market over there right now.

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

What's that cord for?

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's that cord for?

It’s so you can connect a GBA. If I remember right you could unlock things in Metroid Prime with Metroid Fusion. Also use the GBA as a controller.

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It’s so you can connect a GBA. If I remember right you could unlock things in Metroid Prime with Metroid Fusion. Also use the GBA as a controller.

The cable had several uses. For these games, you could transfer your characters from the GBA game to the GameCube game. I’m fairly certain this is wii compatible

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The cable had several uses. For these games, you could transfer your characters from the GBA game to the GameCube game. I’m fairly certain this is wii compatible

wii compatible for those systems with the ngc backward compatibility (all the wii systems having the gamecube controller ports under the door)

#2622 2 years ago

I could use the cable, I don't have that yet.

2 weeks later
#2623 2 years ago

…found the box

1F900DDB-A870-45DE-B1C5-1CB4194942A2 (resized).jpeg1F900DDB-A870-45DE-B1C5-1CB4194942A2 (resized).jpeg28568F4B-E7EF-497B-9090-22699525B51E (resized).jpeg28568F4B-E7EF-497B-9090-22699525B51E (resized).jpeg
#2624 2 years ago

Get the F out...

Just the box alone is like 450 bucks. That thing complete is a real gem. Very nice!

#2625 2 years ago

There is a new ebay listing of the same setup for $1,550.

ebay.com link: itm

Here’s one that was sold for $1319.

That’s really odd, even though I copy the link it’s showing the wrong listing. Anyway you can see the one offered for 10k.

#2626 2 years ago

Anyone have a Jag everdrive cart they would be willing to part with?

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

There is a new ebay listing of the same setup for $1,550.
Here’s one that was sold for $1319.
That’s really odd, even though I copy the link it’s showing the wrong listing. Anyway you can see the one offered for 10k.

I saw the auction w/o box for $1,300. I figured w/ box I’d get at least $1,500/$1,600. I could live with that

#2628 2 years ago

I sold 2 sealed pokemon boxes last year and got about a grand a piece for them. I think I still have 1 or 2 japanese versions lying about

#2629 2 years ago

I have a bunch of N64, Genesis, PS1 stuff and was curious what you guys use for pricing? I reached out to a couple of people with wanted ads and got low-ball offers compared to what retail prices currently look like. I want to sell, but don't want to get completely ripped off. I sent my list to dk-oldies as well. Any recommendations?

#2630 2 years ago

just a head's up (and a small plug), for those in and around the metro detroit area, the 1st detroit retro videogame show will be taking place on saturday, november 6th from 9am-5pm at the knights of columbus monaghan banquet center, located at 19801 farmington rd in livonia, mi

we've got about 25 vendors spread over 5,500 sq ft selling home console (retro to present), arcade and even some pinball (and related) items.

more info can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/detroitrgs

#2631 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

I have a bunch of N64, Genesis, PS1 stuff and was curious what you guys use for pricing? I reached out to a couple of people with wanted ads and got low-ball offers compared to what retail prices currently look like. I want to sell, but don't want to get completely ripped off. I sent my list to dk-oldies as well. Any recommendations?

https://www.pricecharting.com/

1 month later
#2632 2 years ago

Sold it yesterday for $2k

4 weeks later
#2633 2 years ago

Who got in on that Analogue Pocket fulfillment group A? I was a couple hours late to the party and still landed in C (2023...)

#2634 2 years ago

In on a C group too. Went to the used game store last night and picked up a handful of gameboy games. While I was there, someone brought in a bag full of Nintendo games with an NES popping out. The couple was older (maybe upper 60's), so I assume this was their original system. I tried to take a peek inside the bag to see what was in there, but the high school kids snagged the bag away and said the contents won't be on the shelf until a 7 day waiting period. I told them I was just curious what was in there. Dicks.

#2635 2 years ago

I got an SD card mod for my GameCube, so I’m going to sell all my games off. I’d prefer to sell them locally, but if someone wants them all, and will cover the shipping, then send me an offer.

1DE6AC00-2F20-439F-BE47-A5ED99BC08F0 (resized).jpeg1DE6AC00-2F20-439F-BE47-A5ED99BC08F0 (resized).jpeg7033A7D2-9CD5-4408-B674-1E4AF31DC7C7 (resized).jpeg7033A7D2-9CD5-4408-B674-1E4AF31DC7C7 (resized).jpeg
#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I got an SD card mod for my GameCube, so I’m going to sell all my games off. I’d prefer to sell them locally, but if someone wants them all, and will cover the shipping, then send me an offer.

PM Sent

#2637 2 years ago

Some heavy hitters in that stack of GameCube games.

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Some heavy hitters in that stack of GameCube games.

There’s some crap too. Lol

#2639 2 years ago

Just curious, how accurate is price charting.com; or is it better to look at completed eBay listings to guess a games worth? I just think that some of these games are ridiculous in price. It’s hard to believe that bmx xxx is worth more then mortal kombat, unless it’s because it’s a rare game; because bmx is a shit game comparatively

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Who got in on that Analogue Pocket fulfillment group A? I was a couple hours late to the party and still landed in C (2023...)

I was like 5-10 minutes after it opened due to my card being declined (WTF, Barclays....I haven't even had anything on that card in almost a year, you dicks!) and having to use my bank card instead...

Still got group B. Sadge. But hey, my waitlist on a 3080 came up the same day, and I was able to sell it for just enough profit to cover the cost of the Pocket + the Game Gear adapter, so......can't really complain. Plus, I got to undercut all the local scalpers, which is always fun.

#2641 2 years ago

Just curious, how accurate is price charting.com; or is it better to look at completed eBay listings to guess a games worth? I just think that some of these games are ridiculous in price. It’s hard to believe that bmx xxx is worth more then mortal kombat, unless it’s because it’s a rare game; because bmx is a shit game comparatively

Price charting is pretty accurate for the most part.

#2642 2 years ago

Wow I did some checking, I had no idea that the Gamecube games were worth as much as they are. I've got the SD card mod with all of the pieces ready to go, unfortunately my project list is pretty long right now so I don't know when I will install it, but when I get to it and get it all working I'll probably sell off the discs. Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Star Wars Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Bond Nightfire, Need for Speed, Wave Race Blue Storm, Mario Kart, Bionicle, Namco Museum are some of the ones I have.

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Wow I did some checking, I had no idea that the Gamecube games were worth as much as they are. I've got the SD card mod with all of the pieces ready to go, unfortunately my project list is pretty long right now so I don't know when I will install it, but when I get to it and get it all working I'll probably sell off the discs. Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Star Wars Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Bond Nightfire, Need for Speed, Wave Race Blue Storm, Mario Kart, Bionicle, Namco Museum are some of the ones I have.

I’ve seen in the last 5 years the wave of nes games rise, then snes, etc. now the GameCube games have skyrocketed, so I’m going to strike while the iron is hot. Price charting values my games at over $750usd right now. If I can sell them for close to that I’ll be extremely happy.

Years ago I bought a N8 everdrive and an Sd2snes with console for less then what I sold my nes games for.

Some people like the physical games, buy I don’t have the space for them all, and for how often I play them it’s hard to justify.

#2644 2 years ago

I remember when the E.T landfill games were being sold for $35 by the thousands. I said noway because the price and amount of them. Now I think they are in the thousands? I mean its unplayable garbage people.
Game cartidges are like the new baseball cards and we all know what happened there. Now they have a Becket's guide? How does anyone tell the rarity? Pretty soon the price will depend on condition of the corners.

#2645 2 years ago

This crazy retro game market is definitely going to crash at some point. Look at how hot coin collecting was 40 years ago and look at it now. There's a lot of parallels with game collecting.

Game eye values my collection at 20k(I've been collecting a while). I wish I had the nerve to sell it, because I know that's going to tank eventually.

3 weeks later
#2646 2 years ago

Should have kept my Metal Gear Solid Game Boy Color game. Thought it'd be fund to get that back and play through it again. Sheesh. But, I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I shouldn't have sold.

1 week later
#2647 2 years ago

Saw a First gen Genesis with matching First Gen Sega CD system and the first Sonic game for $300. Tried to haggle with them a little, but said the system has been on the shelf for just a month, so no wiggle room yet. But damn, I've always wanted the first gen CD. May go back this weekend.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Saw a First gen Genesis with matching First Gen Sega CD system and the first Sonic game for $300. Tried to haggle with them a little, but said the system has been on the shelf for just a month, so no wiggle room yet. But damn, I've always wanted the first gen CD. May go back this weekend.

Took me a LOOOONG time to get one. Ended up getting REALLY lucky on an "untested" unit from eBay. Drive had a broken belt. Works perfectly.

The 1st gen stack is getting more and more expensive now. No way I'd pay today.

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Probably not a bad price these days if it's recapped and refurbished. I got mine fairly cheap, but it had the usual issues.

#2650 2 years ago

My poor TG-16 CD unit has needed to be repaired for like 4 years. Just don't know anyone locally that works on them and it's too valuable to me to just drop in the mail to some strange person with no references.

There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/53?hl=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.