IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 62.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

any of you retro gaming fans play demons tilt on xbox recently? Its on gamepass and its a cross of an old school shmup game and pinball. Its kinda crazy but it satisfies my love of old school graphics and pinball as well. If you have gamepass check it out.

Demon's Tilt is excellent.

#2352 3 years ago
CFA33641-EBEC-4EA2-BA1E-55A43C2AA025 (resized).jpegCFA33641-EBEC-4EA2-BA1E-55A43C2AA025 (resized).jpeg
#2353 3 years ago

had some pins made for my twitch stream. pure retro colorado (PRC)

we drink busch lights on the stream, so its link holding up a busch light out of a chest

they just shipped from china, woot!

www.twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

linkpinfinished (resized).jpglinkpinfinished (resized).jpg
#2354 3 years ago

if anyone is looking for what will be probably some sought after Wii Games, limited to 3000 copies each, Retro City Rampage DX and Shakedown Hawaii just went live https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-wii-1 https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/products/shakedown-hawaii-wii-1?variant=35115037065366

#2355 3 years ago

Went for a drive down some back roads and found a yard sale. Not sure if we're allowed garage sales yet but stopped anyway. Glad I did. Scored a dsi with charger for $2
And it works

20200711_160230.jpg20200711_160230.jpg20200711_160248.jpg20200711_160248.jpg
#2356 3 years ago

Sweeeeeet, some cool multi game carts for this .

#2357 3 years ago
8D57FD1E-03DE-41BA-A5B2-F6753596C3B6 (resized).png8D57FD1E-03DE-41BA-A5B2-F6753596C3B6 (resized).png
#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

any of you retro gaming fans play demons tilt on xbox recently? Its on gamepass and its a cross of an old school shmup game and pinball. Its kinda crazy but it satisfies my love of old school graphics and pinball as well. If you have gamepass check it out.

Just played it yesterday. It's fun and very metal but I'm having a hard time tracking the ball where my Xbox is, down in the pinball basement on a decent but hardly great LCD TV. Also some delay since I'm using wireless controllers. I need to try the PC version on one of my better computer monitors with plugged in controllers.

Speaking of, Xbox Game Pass is one of the better things to hit gaming in a while, I think. More cool stuff than I could possibly play in 6 months.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Went for a drive down some back roads and found a yard sale. Not sure if we're allowed garage sales yet but stopped anyway. Glad I did. Scored a dsi with charger for $2
And it works
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Garage sales are awesome. If only I knew how collectible things were going to be. Back around 2005-ish I could have bought a NES system with about 30 games for $20, and I know I remember seeing the gold zelda cart, but don't remember much else.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Nice. Garage sales are awesome. If only I knew how collectible things were going to be. Back around 2005-ish I could have bought a NES system with about 30 games for $20, and I know I remember seeing the gold zelda cart, but don't remember much else.

I've been buying games at sales for years. Some really good finds. Funny how you remember where you were. Probably best was a sale in 1999. Guy in North Battleford, Saskatchewan had a Coleco with 4 of the large hand joysticks and about 20 complete in boxes. Because my wife is chatty he ended up just giving it to me for free. That kind of started my multiple system collecting.

Early 2000s we lived by Morinville, Alberta that did a community/town wide sale every year. Same day I found a mini snes, 2 controllers and 5 games for $20. Super Metroid was one of the games. Few houses down snagged a original nes and about 20 games for $30. Zelda, punch out, kid icarus, Metroid I remember being in there.

Found a ROB complete in box the next year but he wanted $50. I was like no way. Last year I found a system with games for $25. Oops

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

[quoted image]

I think I might buy this.

I was considering the arcade1up golden axe cab as I thought that would be a good way to play Death Adder as it has too much slowdown on my pi.

But, this would be cheaper and has so much more games. And I can take it easily to a party or family event. So I'm excited about that.
Looks fun. Can't wait for the complete game listings.

#2362 3 years ago

Lots of you seem to be ok with the mini stuff, but my hands already cramp up on sony psp.
Have you all got tiny hands or am i just abnormal?

Not to speak of my eyes not seeing anything on sutch a small screen

#2363 3 years ago

Dupe

Cant even post normal on my tablet

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Lots of you seem to be ok with the mini stuff, but my hands already cramp up on sony psp.
Have you all got tiny hands or am i just abnormal?
Not to speak of my eyes not seeing anything on sutch a small screen

The minis come with reproduction full-size controllers. They connect to regular televisions. Only the console is mini.

(The SNK neo geo mini has a screen and built-in small joystick, but it also can connect to a TV)

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The minis come with reproduction full-size controllers. They connect to regular televisions. Only the console is mini.
(The SNK neo geo mini has a screen and built-in small joystick, but it also can connect to a TV)

I mean the mini astro city arcade machine and the mini megadrive.
They would be impossible to play for me.

#2366 3 years ago

Still laughing at the Atari VCS. Nearly $400 for something already outdated. Also: "This is the last chance to purchase Atari VCS products at reduced early-adopter prices. Offers valid through July 31, 2020."

I think I'll wait to be a late adopter when it goes to the $50 clearance aisle.

I get that they're banking on nostalgia, but I just don't see the value in it. At least at the current price.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.03.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.03.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.04.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.04.26 PM (resized).png

#2367 3 years ago

The coleco one is only moderately interesting, because they will have the earthworm jim game as an exclusive... Until that company decides... Okay... Well, this console didn't sell. So our exclusivity deal is now over... Okay here it is guys. And then I'll buy it.
The Earthworm Jim game. Not that crap console. No thank you for both of those.

I mean the concept of both is appealing. But, the pricing point is not. I mean. If you want these low budget graphic games. That's great. But, not for the cost. They need to be like 80 dollars maybe 100.... And also... I hate to say this... But, what/who will support these with games. Launch games are basically all that they will have as this will flop just like stadia.

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I mean the mini astro city arcade machine and the mini megadrive.
They would be impossible to play for me.

The mini megadrive or the mini game gears? The megadrive only hooks up to TV.

I think most of the minis with built-in screens can connect to an external TV, but not sure if they offer USB ports for controllers.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Still laughing at the Atari VCS. Nearly $400 for something already outdated. Also: "This is the last chance to purchase Atari VCS products at reduced early-adopter prices. Offers valid through July 31, 2020."

Yeah, without any kind of killer app, I can't see this succeeding. Games sell the systems, and people have far too many ways to play Atari's back catalog to spend $400 on this thing. PS5 and XBX will have Atari for lunch this fall/winter.

If you want to see an even bigger CF, look up the Amico...

#2370 3 years ago

I see the new Atari just like the Ouya. That thing flopped so hard. I was actually intrigued by it at first. To be able to play Android games on the TV. But then there just weren't any Android games that were worth playing on the TV.

One of the statements from the owner was that they planned on releasing a new version of the console every year. I felt that was kinda stupid to say. Not just because it did so poorly, but because why become an early adopter when there may be a better version soon after.

Also, remember the Phantom? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Entertainment Also, completely forgot what it was going to look like. Looks like the PS5.

#2372 3 years ago

Good times. I was out of town one time eating dinner and I must've had an Atari t-shirt on or something similar that got the waiter to strike up a conversation about it. The conversation then went down the path of Mike Kennedy and the epic Coleco Chameleon debacle I LMFFAO. The whole Chameleon story is legendary.

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you want to see an even bigger CF, look up the Amico...

These two could tie for largest steaming pile of crap. If the amico ever gets releases it will immediately be e-waste

#2374 3 years ago

I setup my old genesis on a tv in the 'kids room', complete with an everdrive. My 6 year old loves it. Shes been my Tails in Sonic 3 and has done better than expected (her gaming prowess has otherwise not yet shown through).

I'll take any suggestions for some 2 player titles my daughter and I might both enjoy. I grew up with the system, so I know quite a few, but there may be some gems I'm overlooking.

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'll take any suggestions for some 2 player titles my daughter and I might both enjoy.

Trying to think of some games that aren't too gruesome and that aren't frustratingly difficult. ToeJam & Earl is a great 2-player game - the music is still stuck in my head almost 30 years later. Zombies Ate My Neighbors, TMNT Hyperstone Heist, Arcus Odyssey, Battle Toads, Gauntlet 4.

My 7-year-old daughter showed no interest in video games, which bummed me out for years, but I've finally piqued her interest with Animal Crossing. The slow pace gave her a chance to get her button coordination down and now we play Mario Kart regularly and belly laugh for hours.

#2376 3 years ago

my pins for my twitch stream came in! its link holding a busch light haha
really happy with how they turned out

IMG_20200714_070613_306 (resized).jpgIMG_20200714_070613_306 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200714_070613_315 (resized).jpgIMG_20200714_070613_315 (resized).jpg

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Trying to think of some games that aren't too gruesome and that aren't frustratingly difficult. ToeJam & Earl is a great 2-player game - the music is still stuck in my head almost 30 years later. Zombies Ate My Neighbors, TMNT Hyperstone Heist, Arcus Odyssey, Battle Toads, Gauntlet 4.
My 7-year-old daughter showed no interest in video games, which bummed me out for years, but I've finally piqued her interest with Animal Crossing. The slow pace gave her a chance to get her button coordination down and now we play Mario Kart regularly and belly laugh for hours.

I had not considered some of those, thanks!

My 'gateway game' with my daughter was Stardew Valley. I love that she took to something with retro graphics.

#2378 3 years ago

Toejam and Earl the greatest walking simulator ever!!!!!!

I kid. I kid.

I don't know why, but I actually love the first one... Never could get into hte 2nd one(but I want to try).
And I just bought and beat back in the groove like 10-11 times.

And I also then decided to play through the original again to beat it in one sitting without solid state saves. And I did. Fun, fun fun game. But, I don't know why I love it so much.

1 week later
#2379 3 years ago

Wrong thread.

#2380 3 years ago

Here’s some interesting gaming lore/history for the other geeks in this thread.

In super Mario 64, in the garden there is a star shaped statue with some low res text on it. The best guess for what this said was “L is real 2401”. this has been one of the longest unanswered questions In video game history.

Last week there was a data breach from Nintendo. actually there’s been several Serious leaks over the last while on 4chan containing Large dumps of source code and beta info of games an consoles.

Last weeks data leak contained the source code for SM64. Once hackers looked over the data for unused graphics for the game, they found textures for Luigi. Sure enough the graphics fit over the mario Model, and for the first time we actually saw Luigi in super Mario 64.

Here’s the kicker. Last weeks data dump with Luigi came out 24 years and 1 month after the Japan release date of the N64 (June 23 1996). So in fact it is true. “L is real 2401”

85EB3DFE-8022-4739-98DE-E7058EB550AF (resized).jpeg85EB3DFE-8022-4739-98DE-E7058EB550AF (resized).jpeg
#2381 3 years ago

I just found out that there’s more to this story. Unfortunately it’s a reality check and not further conformation.

The most recent data dump (July 2020) contained source code for 14 games that were playable on a little known Chinese version of the N64 called the iQue. The iQue had the games preinstalled in the controller, and you could go back to a kiosk with your controller and swap-out/download A new game.

These source code dumps are not from the original release of the games, but a later Chinese port. There is audio code for Luigi’s voice along with the graphics. Unfortunately there’s nothing linking the Luigi assets to the SM64 game directly. Furthermore, any pic you see with Luigi in SM64 has been created on he PC version of SM64. No emulator can run this code yet. The security for the iQue has never been hacked, so these game rom files are still unplayable.

But still a cool story. Hopefully it will develop more as time goes on.

#2382 3 years ago

New watch day...

IMG_20200730_175136 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_175136 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_175624 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_175624 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_175640 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_175640 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_175912 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_175912 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200730-183144 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200730-183144 (resized).png
#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

New watch day...

Love it!

IMG_8895 (resized).jpegIMG_8895 (resized).jpeg

#2384 3 years ago

Anyone ever play through nes metal gear and complete it?

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Anyone ever play through nes metal gear and complete it?

Never have..> But, I hear there is a better version on a different system. The NES version was pared down. Don't know if the famicon disc version is the more complete or if it was for one of the home computers at the time.

No idea. But, stuff is missing from the NES version from what I have been told. I have seen a few speedruns of it though.

1 week later
#2386 3 years ago

Do you think this game was made for kids or pervy adults? PSP Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere

38184706_1.jpg38184706_1.jpg
#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Do you think this game was made for kids or pervy adults? PSP Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere
[quoted image]

Wtf. Dang. I just read about Dan Harmon and Rick/Morty possibly being cancelled due to some older doll rape scene. Things be getting odd lately.

#2388 3 years ago

I’ve been going through a Nintendo stash from the rugrat that hasn’t been touched in years. In there is a GameCube Game Boy Player DOL-017 with a start up disc and manual which are in a perfect and complete box. It seems that the disc in particular is consistently sold for $160. What is it about that disc that makes it so desirable/valuable? I have no clue.

I’m still going through a bunch of stuff for SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and DS. Lots of Pokémon stuff as that was his thing back in the day. Most of the cartridges seem to be worth a decent amount, $10-20 each, but that start up disc is the most valuable thing I’ve found so far.

#2389 3 years ago

Everyone has the player because they’re clipped onto the GameCube, but the disc didn’t even come with a proper case and got lost or scratched. Simple supply and demand. The GameCube is really popular right now. Those small discs are impossible to find to burn replacements too (I think).

#2390 3 years ago

Doing all day birthday stream in a couple hours for my streaming partner Alexs bday. 9am mountain til 11pm mountain. We have two nes hooked up to two tvs and capture cards and are gonna be doing some races on various games. Stop by and say hi if ya want! Can see some of my collection in the background of the stream

Twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

IMG_20200816_112300_501 (resized).jpgIMG_20200816_112300_501 (resized).jpg
#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Everyone has the player because they’re clipped onto the GameCube, but the disc didn’t even come with a proper case and got lost or scratched. Simple supply and demand. The GameCube is really popular right now. Those small discs are impossible to find to burn replacements too (I think).

OK, thanks. Check out this shiny little sucker, still in the case it came with, including the manual.

Game Boy Player Start-Up Disc (resized).jpgGame Boy Player Start-Up Disc (resized).jpg

I will sell it, for

dr evil one million dollars (resized).jpgdr evil one million dollars (resized).jpg

#2392 3 years ago

Sell it, profit.

It's all about the Action Replay/SD Loader now and the Game Boy Interface software you can install on it. The original GB Player disc has been made obsolete and is solely a collector's item now. No real reason to use it when the GBI software exists. Far better picture quality there.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Sell it, profit.
It's all about the Action Replay/SD Loader now and the Game Boy Interface software you can install on it. The original GB Player disc has been made obsolete and is solely a collector's item now. No real reason to use it when the GBI software exists. Far better picture quality there.

I saw that, I did some research and found all that stuff. I read that the new loader is better although you do have to jump through a few hoops to get it going, nothing too difficult I don’t think. Maybe I’ll give it a try some time when I get the chance. The thing is, for myself I just do all that GB, SNES, etc stuff on emulators on a PC or Raspberry Pi which is fine for me. But my son is more into the original experience with hardware so he might want to do it that way.

#2394 3 years ago

Scored a older Pandora box on kijiji for $100! I sold my last multicade a few months back so I'm jonesing for some donkey Kong and burger time. Probably throw a few sonic booms before the night is thru

20200818_211401.jpg20200818_211401.jpg20200818_211713.jpg20200818_211713.jpg
#2395 3 years ago

Here is my original NES from when I was 8. My 39 year old self kinda hates that I did this, but also, I cant bring myself to clean off the system because this is how it always looked to me.

20200820_161746 (resized).jpg20200820_161746 (resized).jpg
#2396 3 years ago

Big fan of the Liberty Bell as a kid? Is that your original Gyromite? I didn't know anybody who had ROB. And if those are your original boxes, I'm definitely impressed. I didn't keep a single box.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Big fan of the Liberty Bell as a kid? Is that your original Gyromite? I didn't know anybody who had ROB. And if those are your original boxes, I'm definitely impressed. I didn't keep a single box.

Pretty sure the Liberty Bell was junkmail and since it was a sticker, it went on the console for some reason. It's funny, I really never noticed any of this growing up. Now I'm like, what the hell?

The Gyromite I picked up for $5 last year at Half Priced Books. Only the game, no ROB. Never seen the game nor ROB in person, but I always wanted a ROB.

The boxes are my original boxes. I have many more too. I kept most of them. The one I couldn't find that I'm really disappointed in is the original Zelda box. But I have my fingers crossed that it's in the Nintendo Console box, and double fingers crossed, we still have that box in storage back at my home somewhere. They should all be pretty much pristine! I had a box that I stuck my game boxes in and never touched them once they were opened.

Also, you can see the Power Glove sensor in the photo. I still don't have any idea where the glove went. It's probably also in storage back home. My mom had had an office building back home and the upstairs became the "storage locker." But she's selling the business this year, so all that's going to come out. Really looking forward to seeing my TMNT, Transformers, GI Joes, and hopefully the rest of my Nintendo stuff again!

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

The Gyromite I picked up for $5 last year at Half Priced Books. Only the game, no ROB. Never seen the game nor ROB in person, but I always wanted a ROB.

I a have NIB japanese ROB as well as copies of stack-up and gyromite. I'll post them tonight. I prefer the color scheme that ROB received in japan over what we received here in the states

2 weeks later
#2400 3 years ago

https://gameandwatch.nintendo.com/

9890AE64-A18B-4639-931A-5E47AC44F88F (resized).jpeg9890AE64-A18B-4639-931A-5E47AC44F88F (resized).jpeg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/48?hl=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.